The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England v Wales - let it all out thread

+58
eirebilly
rainbow-warrior
DirtyRucker7
sad_gimp
carpet baboon
SimonofSurrey
exile jack
Cyril
LordDowlais
Heaf
stub
gregortree
Luckless Pedestrian
nlpnlp
nobbled
munkian
Jimpy
Sgt_Pooly
robbo277
Gwlad
quinsforever
DaveM
JDizzle
thomh
Geordie
Hoonercat
Scottrf
Poorfour
funnyExiledScot
lostinwales
Sidestep
aucklandlaurie
hugehandoff
wrfc1980
No9
R!skysports
Recwatcher16
BamBam
Tattie Scones RRN
HammerofThunor
RubyGuby
TightHEAD
englandglory4ever
beshocked
mikey_dragon
GavCanDance
doctor_grey
kingjohn7
Breadvan
No 7&1/2
LondonTiger
Rugby Fan
RiscaGame
RuggerRadge2611
offload
majesticimperialman
bedfordwelsh
yappysnap
62 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

England v Wales - let it all out thread - Page 7 Empty England v Wales - let it all out thread

Post by yappysnap Sun 28 Feb 2016, 7:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

To hopefully stop the usual suspects from ruining more threads, could both nations wums just throw all of their toys out of the pram on this one?

Two weeks until the game and already it's like a full moon at the crazy house.

Thanks in advance

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

England v Wales - let it all out thread - Page 7 Empty Re: England v Wales - let it all out thread

Post by Jimpy Thu 03 Mar 2016, 7:28 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Are people just trying to change the subject, rather than admit Jimpy was wrong in saying what he did? Didn't realise people could continue to stoop so low.

What was wrong in what he said?

Read the previous post you quoted.

That doesn't contain what Jimpy said.

Instead of wasting his energy typing drivel, I suggested he should save his energy, as he'd need it to blow up his boyfriend later.

Is that all?

Yeah, seemed to upset him greatly. Must have touched a nerve eh....

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

England v Wales - let it all out thread - Page 7 Empty Re: England v Wales - let it all out thread

Post by beshocked Thu 03 Mar 2016, 7:30 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
beshocked wrote:mikey dragon Wales lose fairly regularly to England too. England vs Wales games have been mostly closely fought affairs. Welsh fans question why England are seen as one of the favourites for the 6 nations, it's because we win a lot of matches, simple. We don't win them all but enough to be a strong contender and in the mix.

Poking fun at Wales? You haven't poked fun at England? I have said that I think Wales are a good side but like England they have their flaws and limitations. Can't ignore those.

They sure have, apart from one or two games. Our games against France and Ireland are also close, so I don't get why people are surprised at that this year. I certainly don't question England being favourites because going into the tournament they were still better than at least three teams. I've previously questioned their coaches comments and fans behavior, all of which led to me being attacked. Unlike them lot beshocked you're willing to discuss the rugby instead of joining the wolf-pack.

Stick to the rugby and you'll be fine. It's when you attack fans behaviour and coaches comments when you get criticism - Eddie Jones is gobby sure but no more than Gatland. Us England fans are no more arrogant than Welsh fans - we all believe in our team just as you do. I don't think any England fan thinks the GS is in the bag - two tough hurdles would need to be crossed to get it. One game at a time, next up Wales of course.

Gatland is a very good coach but you have to question his judgement if he thinks howley and Mcbryde are good enough.

Also Gatland wouldn't have had the success he's had without Edwards.

Sometimes we as rugby fans forget it's not just about the head coach, it's about the attack,kicking,physios,conditioning, defence, forward coaches and other people who contribute behind the scenes.

You need more than just a good guy at the top, you need good subordinates.

Gatland is lucky to have Edwards.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 03 Mar 2016, 7:30 am

Guys I'm not bothered by petty and childish insults being used on an internet forum from tough guys like Jimpy, I said it was childish and left it there (GO BACK AND READ TO SEE THAT). Jimpy and others kept probing, so I explained I felt there was a homosexual insinuation there to which some other users might be offended by. What do you know, another world class performer echoes my thoughts after having dealt with a similar insinuation: http://www.starobserver.com.au/news/local-news/pocock-slams-alleged-homophobic-abuse-during-rugby-clash/134290

So on Saturday it was BOD echoing my thoughts and back in early 2015 it was David Pocock. I'd back their words rather than listen to some children on an internet forum.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 03 Mar 2016, 7:38 am

mikey_dragon wrote:On Saturday it was BOD echoing my thoughts

Eh?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 03 Mar 2016, 7:41 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Guys I'm not bothered by petty and childish insults being used on an internet forum from tough guys like Jimpy, I said it was childish and left it there (GO BACK AND READ TO SEE THAT). Jimpy and others kept probing, so I explained I felt there was a homosexual insinuation there to which some other users might be offended by. What do you know, another world class performer echoes my thoughts after having dealt with a similar insinuation: http://www.starobserver.com.au/news/local-news/pocock-slams-alleged-homophobic-abuse-during-rugby-clash/134290

So on Saturday it was BOD echoing my thoughts and back in early 2015 it was David Pocock. I'd back their words rather than listen to some children on an internet forum.

Oh God, are you STILL here?

But since you are, you've just confirmed in that last post what I said about incoherent bigotry.

Would it make you feel any happier if I changed 'boyfriend' to girlfriend? Seriously, would it - I mean you might even believe it changed our view of you being special in some way?

Last edited by Jimpy on Thu 03 Mar 2016, 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 03 Mar 2016, 7:42 am

beshocked wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
beshocked wrote:mikey dragon Wales lose fairly regularly to England too. England vs Wales games have been mostly closely fought affairs. Welsh fans question why England are seen as one of the favourites for the 6 nations, it's because we win a lot of matches, simple. We don't win them all but enough to be a strong contender and in the mix.

Poking fun at Wales? You haven't poked fun at England? I have said that I think Wales are a good side but like England they have their flaws and limitations. Can't ignore those.

They sure have, apart from one or two games. Our games against France and Ireland are also close, so I don't get why people are surprised at that this year. I certainly don't question England being favourites because going into the tournament they were still better than at least three teams. I've previously questioned their coaches comments and fans behavior, all of which led to me being attacked. Unlike them lot beshocked you're willing to discuss the rugby instead of joining the wolf-pack.

Stick to the rugby and you'll be fine. It's when you attack fans behaviour and coaches comments when you get criticism - Eddie Jones is gobby sure but no more than Gatland. Us England fans are no more arrogant than Welsh fans - we all believe in our team just as you do. I don't think any England fan thinks the GS is in the bag - two tough hurdles would need to be crossed to get it. One game at a time, next up Wales of course.

Gatland is a very good coach but you have to question his judgement if he thinks howley and Mcbryde are good enough.

Sometimes we as rugby fans forget it's not just about the head coach, it's about the attack,kicking,physios,conditioning, defence, forward coaches and other people who contribute behind the scenes.

Aren't I within my rights to comment on fans behavior? I didn't think I'd be the only one a little concerned by it. When the Welsh do it this forum goes into nuclear meltdown. You're right about Jones and Gatland, but I think Gatland has learnt to relax on that front in recent years and let Edwards be our new PR guy, with great affect... Jones does seem a bit arrogant which isn't a good trait. BOD also recently commented on what he's been saying and Eddie is now under-going a self-imposed media ban. So surely I wasn't wrong. I also thought there was some unneccasary gloating from certain sections after wins against the two weakest teams in the tournament, but that's just how I see it. Again I'm allowed to comment on that but remember a different view to the English one gets you mobbed on here.

Oh believe me that judgement is often questioned. His methods I don't often question, his record with multiple teams is pretty good. Admittedly I would like to see some change.

Edwards is a great coach, even though our defence hasn't been as good in recent seasons as it was in previous ones. I couldn't name our coniditioning coaches off the top of my head, but I know Gatland has always been a strong advocator of having finely tuned athletes so again I would attribute this to him. I suppose you want to nick Edwards now?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 03 Mar 2016, 7:45 am

Jimpy wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Guys I'm not bothered by petty and childish insults being used on an internet forum from tough guys like Jimpy, I said it was childish and left it there (GO BACK AND READ TO SEE THAT). Jimpy and others kept probing, so I explained I felt there was a homosexual insinuation there to which some other users might be offended by. What do you know, another world class performer echoes my thoughts after having dealt with a similar insinuation: http://www.starobserver.com.au/news/local-news/pocock-slams-alleged-homophobic-abuse-during-rugby-clash/134290

Oh God, are you STILL here?

But since you are, you've just confirmed in that last post what I said about incoherent bigotry.

Would it make you feel any happier if I changed 'boyfriend' to girlfriend? Seriously, would it - I mean you might even believe it changed our view of you being special in some way?

Oh what do you know jimpy is still bringing it back up. Use the foe button. Unless you like reading and responding to my comments, which I think you do Yahoo.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 03 Mar 2016, 7:45 am

So that's Me, BOD and Pocock echoing your thoughts Mikey - Class company mate Hug (that's a man friend hug for you anglos Yahoo laughing )

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 03 Mar 2016, 7:46 am

RubyGuby wrote:So that's Me, BOD and Pocock echoing your thoughts Mikey - Class company mate Hug (that's a man friend hug for you anglos Yahoo laughing )

thumbsup laughing

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 03 Mar 2016, 7:47 am

mikey_dragon wrote:I felt there was a homosexual insinuation there to which some other users might be offended by.

Who would be offended by it?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 03 Mar 2016, 7:49 am

mikey_dragon wrote:I felt there was a homosexual insinuation there to which some other users might be offended by.

Others who are less stoical and resilient to these innuendos - People like NOTTINS perhaps Hug

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 03 Mar 2016, 7:51 am

This is all being blown a bit out of proportion isn't it ? Very Happy

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Thu 03 Mar 2016, 7:56 am

Would it be too much to hope for to suggest the ideal outcome of the upocoming game would be for one, preferrably both, sides to lift their game to another level? Obviously, I'd like this to be England but if a rampant Wales were to beat England with a display of crushing free flowing rugby, hats off to them.

The level we're both at just now, alongside the other four NH 6N sides, is a largely irrelevant sideshow fit only to cheer up our SH friends if ever they feel a bit down. Wales's try against France was the product of that rarest of moves - an opponent's through kick to the try scorer, while England crossed the Irish line 40-50 minutes later than a top side would have done. The parochial squabbles between certain alleged supporters of both nations is an embarrassment to all of us: just the icing on our substandard cake.

Frankly, there's more pointscoring on this forum than on the pitch, and that should worry every true lover of the game in Wales and England. Can we at least agree on all this?

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:00 am

Like Pocock says there could be gay rugby players/forum users out there, reading such an insinuation that's being used to deride another person (as it was when Pocock dealt with the insult) might upset people that are part of that community. I'm sure you can understand that. Next question?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:00 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
beshocked wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Aren't I within my rights to comment on fans behavior? I didn't think I'd be the only one a little concerned by it. When the Welsh do it this forum goes into nuclear meltdown. You're right about Jones and Gatland, but I think Gatland has learnt to relax on that front in recent years and let Edwards be our new PR guy, with great affect... Jones does seem a bit arrogant which isn't a good trait. BOD also recently commented on what he's been saying and Eddie is now under-going a self-imposed media ban. So surely I wasn't wrong. I also thought there was some unneccasary gloating from certain sections after wins against the two weakest teams in the tournament, but that's just how I see it. Again I'm allowed to comment on that but remember a different view to the English one gets you mobbed on here.

Oh believe me that judgement is often questioned. His methods I don't often question, his record with multiple teams is pretty good. Admittedly I would like to see some change.

Edwards is a great coach, even though our defence hasn't been as good in recent seasons as it was in previous ones. I couldn't name our coniditioning coaches off the top of my head, but I know Gatland has always been a strong advocator of having finely tuned athletes so again I would attribute this to him. I suppose you want to nick Edwards now?

mikey dragon yes you can comment on fan's behaviour but don't be surprised if someone has an opposing opinion.

I just feel it's pot calling the kettle black. We Welsh and English can be as bad as each other. Some posters wind up the other side more than others.

You want to turn into us and them - when in reality us English and Welsh can be like squabbling children. You started it! No I didn't! Yes you did! Etc

It's gloating to be pleased with winning our first two games? You have accused us English of being arrogant when in reality we just believe in our team.

Why would I want to nick Edwards when we have Gustard?

Do you not think it's annoying to have a poster like Gwlad bombarding every English thread with anti English wummery?

My problem with him is that he doesn't seem to add anything constructive to the discussion ever, I will concede that not everything I say is constructive either but at least I have my moments.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:01 am

LordDowlais wrote:This is all being blown a bit out of proportion isn't it ? Very Happy

Well, he's fairly obviously got a blow up partner of some description. Otherwise he wouldn't get so 'sore' about it.... Whistle

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by GavCanDance Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:01 am

SimonofSurrey wrote:Would it be too much to hope for to suggest the ideal outcome of the upocoming game would be for one, preferrably both, sides to lift their game to another level?

God I hope so. For the sake of the name of the tournament.

GavCanDance

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:02 am

mikey_dragon wrote:

Like Pocock says there could be gay rugby players/forum users out there, reading such an insinuation that's being used to deride another person (as it was when Pocock dealt with the insult) might upset people that are part of that community. I'm sure you can understand that. Next question?

I'm gay and I'm not offended by it.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:04 am

Its the let it all out thread Simon - I think its supposed to be a bit tongue in cheek (Nothing sinister in that comment Mikey) - Your points however are, as usual more than valid and probably the main reason I don't post between the major international comps. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:06 am

RubyGuby wrote:Its the let it all out thread Simon - I think its supposed to be a bit tongue in cheek (Nothing sinister in that comment Mikey) - Your points however are, as usual more than valid and probably the main reason I don't post between the major international comps. thumbsup

And the major championships is when these kinds of threads tend to go into meltdown. I am sure there is no correlation chin

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:09 am

Gavcandance sadly if you're expecting a try fest I just can't see it.

Both England and Wales will focus on strong defence first and foremost, play for territory. Tactically it's probably the safest thing to do but for an exciting game of running rugby it's not good.

I believe that both sides need to evolve their attacking games if they are going to match the tri nations whose all round skill levels are just generally higher IMO.

A game like this is not going to be the time to showcase that.

Some England fans say how great England played against France last year - well when the opposition goes %^&( the defence it makes it a little bit easier to score tries.

Wales sadly won't I expect be opening up their defence in that manner.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:10 am

mikey_dragon wrote:

You don't speak for your entire community, though. But thanks for your input.

thumbsup

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:11 am

I will just take the win first thank you very much, I will dissect the performance afterwards. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:12 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

thumbsup

I'm more insulted by your use of the word 'community'.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:14 am

beshocked wrote:mikey dragon yes you can comment on fan's behaviour but don't be surprised if someone has an opposing opinion.

I just feel it's pot calling the kettle black. We Welsh and English can be as bad as each other. Some posters wind up the other side more than others.

You want to turn into us and them - when in reality us English and Welsh can be like squabbling children. You started it! No I didn't! Yes you did! Etc

It's gloating to be pleased with winning our first two games? You have accused us English of being arrogant when in reality we just believe in our team.

Do you not think it's annoying to have a poster like Gwlad bombarding every English thread with anti English wummery?

My problem with him is that he doesn't seem to add anything constructive to the discussion ever, I will concede that not everything I say is constructive either but at least I have my moments.

Opposing opinions are welcome, attacks on individuals by the wolf pack for refusing to agree with them is in my opinion not welcome.

Yeah I guess that is how the bickering goes on here pretty much...

Obviously you can be pleased, but I felt there was a unnecessary gloating from a number of posters on multiple forums, which I have to keep explaining to you.

You speak highly of Edwards, I thought you might have wanted him coaching in England.

Yes it must be annoying.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:15 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

thumbsup

I'm more insulted by your use of the word 'community'.

And there was me trying not to offend anyone by using that term. Oh well.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:17 am

Sorry, I should have put a smiley or something. It just makes it sound like all gay people live in same place, don't interact with anyone else, and think the same thing. Smile OK kiss

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:18 am

lostinwales wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:Its the let it all out thread Simon - I think its supposed to be a bit tongue in cheek (Nothing sinister in that comment Mikey) - Your points however are, as usual more than valid and probably the main reason I don't post between the major international comps. thumbsup

And the major championships is when these kinds of threads tend to go into meltdown. I am sure there is no correlation chin

Yes of course, if only we had more balanced posters like yourself, so balanced and reasoned that you have to put "Out of Wales" as your place of residence. laughing thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by GavCanDance Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:18 am

beshocked wrote:Gavcandance sadly if you're expecting a try fest I just can't see it.

Heh. Expecting? No. Hoping? Hell YES! Very Happy

I don't remember a 6 Nations quite so 'flat' as this one. I've honestly been finding the Pro 12 games far more interesting.

GavCanDance

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:19 am

GavCanDance wrote:
beshocked wrote:Gavcandance sadly if you're expecting a try fest I just can't see it.

Heh.  Expecting?  No.  Hoping?  Hell YES!  Very Happy

I don't remember a 6 Nations quite so 'flat' as this one.  I've honestly been finding the Pro 12 games far more interesting.

I think we might have been spoilt by the World Cup.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:19 am

When someone starts finding the Pro 12 games more interesting we have a serious problem. kiss thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by wrfc1980 Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:21 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
beshocked wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Talking of fans behavior, there have been 2 articles in as many weeks on Wales Online about the awful behavior recently at the millennium stadium involving loutish WELSH fans. Parents taking kids have been intimidated, police officers abused, foul language, violence etc. This is all far worse than an odd Englishmen who is confident in their sides chances.

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:22 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Sorry, I should have put a smiley or something. It just makes it sound like all gay people live in same place, don't interact with anyone else, and think the same thing.  Smile  OK  kiss

Perhaps he should have used the word "scene". Wink

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:23 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Sorry, I should have put a smiley or something. It just makes it sound like all gay people live in same place, don't interact with anyone else, and think the same thing.  Smile  OK  kiss

That's worse! boxing

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:26 am

Yeah I guess it does Laugh, but it's just a term I've heard previously so I used it - maybe more of an American term than a British one.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by GavCanDance Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:27 am

RubyGuby wrote:When someone starts finding the Pro 12 games more interesting we have a serious problem. kiss thumbsup

LOL! It's not a slur on the Pro 12 comp though - there are still a lot of great players in there (some of which should probably be in the squad). It's just there is an expected general leap in skill and intensity levels from the regional to the national game, but I just haven't seen a lot of it so far.

GavCanDance

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:28 am

LordDowlais wrote:

That's worse! boxing

Laugh

I know, I know. I'm just teasing.

One of my longest/oldest friends is gay. We have been friends since we started school. When ever I go out for a pint with him, I always ask if we are going on the scene, it drives him around the bend. Laugh

But he put's up with me. Laugh

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:30 am

I'm with you Gav but it has been a fragmented season with the RWC and 6 Nations. I watched Munster v O's a few weeks ago, what a great game - Same for Scarlets overcoming Ulster away - thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:32 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
beshocked wrote:mikey dragon yes you can comment on fan's behaviour but don't be surprised if someone has an opposing opinion.

Opposing opinions are welcome, attacks on individuals by the wolf pack for refusing to agree with them is in my opinion not welcome.

Yeah I guess that is how the bickering goes on here pretty much...

Obviously you can be pleased, but I felt there was a unnecessary gloating from a number of posters on multiple forums, which I have to keep explaining to you.

You speak highly of Edwards, I thought you might have wanted him coaching in England.

Yes it must be annoying.

Best to take up the attacks with the individuals involved.

You accused me of unnecessary gloating. I don't think I was. I was just pleased England won their first two games. I wouldn't say any of my fellow England fans have gloated either.

I speak highly of Edwards but I don't think we need him now. I would have swapped him with Farrell Sr in a heartbeat but Farrell Sr is no longer part of the England set up thankfully.

You'll find that most of us England fans believe the Wales game is going to be tough.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:50 am

I think England should opt to wear their red kit just to feck off Wales.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 03 Mar 2016, 8:55 am

It'll take more than a change of shirt TightHead to feck Wales off and if I'm honest your team looked more red than Wales after the game in the RWC thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by wrfc1980 Thu 03 Mar 2016, 9:03 am

In the past 2 weeks there have been 2 separate articles talking about the terrible behaviour by Welsh fans at the Millennium stadium published on Wales online. Young families have been intimidated, there has been foul language, violence, police officers post game have been abused etc etc. I wonder if Mikey Dragon will comment on this loutish, yobbo behavior by WELSH fans rather than picking up on the odd Eglishmen who is just showing some confidence in their side? I know which type of fan is worse!

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 03 Mar 2016, 9:05 am

You'll have to post the articles if you want me to comment on it. I don't read Wales online so wouldn't have seen it. I'm sure we could find examples of yobbish behavior in each country. Yobs are yobs, it's not their nationality that dictates their behavior.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 03 Mar 2016, 9:06 am

wrfc1980 wrote:In the past 2 weeks there have been 2 separate articles talking about the terrible behaviour by Welsh fans at the Millennium stadium published on Wales online. Young families have been intimidated, there has been foul language, violence, police officers post game have been abused etc etc. I wonder if Mikey Dragon will comment on this loutish, yobbo behavior by WELSH fans rather than picking up on the odd Eglishmen who is just showing some confidence in their side? I know which type of fan is worse!

Can you provide links that can direct us to this news ? This is the first I have heard of this, I would be interested to read about it. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 03 Mar 2016, 9:08 am

Well, you have said Wales online and I have not found these stories, I think you are talking bollox.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by wrfc1980 Thu 03 Mar 2016, 9:10 am

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/mum-took-young-son-first-10966881

Heres the one link

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 03 Mar 2016, 9:11 am

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/mum-took-young-son-first-10966881

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-launch-scathing-attack-middle-10891543

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by wrfc1980 Thu 03 Mar 2016, 9:11 am

http://www.joe.co.uk/sport/welsh-police-rant-about-nightmare-rugby-fans-being-worse-than-football-supporters/42765

Heres the other article, this one based on a police chiefs experiences of welsh rugby fans

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 03 Mar 2016, 9:18 am

Fair enough, I hadn't seen any of those, that behaviour is not welcome at a rugby match, and these idiots need to be told, but before you get on your high horse, take a look at some of these:-

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2014/nov/11/foul-mouths-boo-boys-twickenham-england-all-blacks

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/nov/11/shamed-by-bigoted-england-rugby-fans-at-all-blacks-game

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/england/11227491/Rugby-Football-Union-to-open-investigation-after-England-fans-subject-referee-Nigel-Owens-to-homophobic-abuse.html

There are pages more if you check the interweb.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 03 Mar 2016, 9:23 am

Well to be fair, what was she expecting? Drinking and bad language happen in all crowds in live sport. I'm not particularly bothered by that, but if the WRU are then maybe they should ban drinking in the crowd again.

I find it rich for transport police to complain, how about they first and foremost sort out the lack of transport to and from Cardiff on a match day? That said the disorderly behavior is unacceptable. I guess drunk and disorderly behavior never happens in England?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next