The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

+28
glamorganalun
carpet baboon
RiscaGame
True Raven
Steffan
Don Blues
PhilBB
LondonTiger
maestegmafia
Luckless Pedestrian
George Carlin
Stone Motif
Blueschief
wayne
GavinDragon
XR
Seagultaf
Gleision
Kingshu
Cardiff Dave
ScarletSpiderman
Notch
wales606
mikey_dragon
Don Alfonso
Coleman
LordDowlais
VinceWLB
32 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 10 Empty Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Guest Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Navidi is better in other positions in my opinion. Williams is an out and out 8. Good signing.

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 10 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:01 pm

wales606 wrote:Think top 6 is no longer possible to be honest.

Pretty much agree with that team though, woud have Warburton and Gethin on the bench with a view to starting them in the next game against the Scarlets.

You thinking of traveling down to this game? Very Happy

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 10 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by wales606 Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:10 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
wales606 wrote:Think top 6 is no longer possible to be honest.

Pretty much agree with that team though, woud have Warburton and Gethin on the bench with a view to starting them in the next game against the Scarlets.

You thinking of traveling down to this game? Very Happy  

Not in Cardiff anymore, so would be a bit of a way. Going to try to come down for the Treviso game this week though as I am in Cardiff anyway.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:22 am

I do think Top 6 is a very long shot but the past few years we have finished the season strongly. Issue for me is our away form has been poor and we need to go away to Llanelli and Edinburgh and get points to make it happen. What is the deal with 7th? Is there still a play off for the last EuroCup spot?

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:45 pm

Cardiff Blues: 15 Rhys Patchell, 14 Dan Fish, 13 Garyn Smith, 12 Rey Lee-Lo, 11 Tom James, 10 Gareth Anscombe, 9 Lloyd Williams; 1 Gethin Jenkins (c), 2 Kristian Dacey, 3 Dillon Lewis, 4 Josh Turnbull, 5 James Down, 6 Ellis Jenkins, 7 Sam Warburton, 8 Josh Navidi

Replacements: 16 Matthew Rees, 17 Brad Thyer, 18 Scott Andrews, 19 Jarrad Hoeata, 20 Manoa Vosawai, 21 Lewis Jones, 22 Jarrod Evans, 23 Aled Summerhill.

I think Cook has reason to be annoyed here. I'll never moan about Warbs turning out for the Blues but Cook needs game time or he'll be off. Turbull becoming a victim of his own versatility again. None the less I am excited for Friday night.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueschief Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:54 pm

That's not a bad side, agree with you that Cook can feel a bit hard done by. Hope it's another 5 pointer.

Blueschief

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:22 pm

What is Andrews doing on the bench? Ma'afu or Filise should be there instead of him. Also i read somewhere he was getting converted to hooker, this would make sense as he is a useless scrummager on the tight.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:26 am

VinceWLB wrote:What is Andrews doing on the bench? Ma'afu or Filise should be there instead of him. Also i read somewhere he was getting converted to hooker, this would make sense as he is a useless scrummager on the tight.

My thinking on this is that he can cover tight and hooker (maybe even second row) for tonight. No point risking Ma'afu and Filiese for this game. You'd rather have them rested before the Scarlets game I guess and it gives Lewis more game which he needs and deserves.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:43 pm

Couldn't quite believe the wheels on Dan Fish. Good win despite the opposition. I've seen Fish a few times, but tonight he looked ridiculously quick.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:41 am

Very big win for us! 5 Points in the bag & no injurues. How good was Turnbull last night? He's been on fire this season and is becoming a big player for us. Asnscome was good as well, kept the defense honest (even if they missed 38 tackles). Massive game next week.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueschief Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:29 am

That was a great win, Turnbull was very effective. Anscombe showed some lovely touches, a great pair of hands and passing. We definitely starting to click!

Blueschief

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:28 pm

Yep. Really looking forward next season Smile
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:15 pm

Great times ahead for the one true club.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:16 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Couldn't quite believe the wheels on Dan Fish. Good win despite the opposition. I've seen Fish a few times, but tonight he looked ridiculously quick.

Quick thinking and excellent awareness as well as quick feet, for his try.
From his right wing he spotted space on the left behind the Treviso defence and went for it.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:42 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Great times ahead for the one true club.

The age of the region is over. The time of the club is at hand.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:35 pm

Great performance by Cardiff today against a Scarlets side who were very very poor. Star players for me were Leelo, Patchel, James, Warbs, Ellis and Filise.
Other than James Davies the Scarlets were simply appalling, maybe after beating the Ospreys they thought they only had to turn up. If they carry on like this they will not win again this season and may very well fail to qualify for Europe.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:01 pm

I think Danny Wilson so that game on the whiteboard before either team stepped on the pitch. The blues came to play rugby, an I think the Scarlets were expecting a grind type game, and failed to adapt to the blues pace.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:52 pm

Lee-Lo played well on the weekend. I was thinking that his link-up with the incoming Highlanders centre is going to be a hot prospect. And to think I became a little concerned for you with your other centres, an injury prone Cory Allen and erm, Gavin Evans... I can see what Wilson is doing and it is similar to how he had his U20s playing. What do you think the best 23 will look like next season?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:10 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:I think Danny Wilson so that game on the whiteboard before either team stepped on the pitch.  The blues came to play rugby, an I think the Scarlets were expecting a grind type game, and failed to adapt to the blues pace.

If true, terrible game preparation from Pivac i'm afraid. Blues have been playing almost like a super rugby team since January and have the best attack in the league with 54 tries. Also, they were bound to play an expensive game the moment they selected 3 open side in the back row.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:22 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Lee-Lo played well on the weekend. I was thinking that his link-up with the incoming Highlanders centre is going to be a hot prospect. And to think I became a little concerned for you with your other centres, an injury prone Cory Allen and erm, Gavin Evans... I can see what Wilson is doing and it is similar to how he had his U20s playing. What do you think the best 23 will look like next season?

Gavin Evans hasn't been seen on a teamsheet for a while. Garyn Smith and Aled Summerhill being preferred.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:18 am

Wilson has really turned things around. Really enjoying the style we are playing at the moment. If we don't make top six then i can accept that as we have clearly progressed and should be more settled next season.

In other news. We've confirmed Myhill and Earle this morning.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:19 am

wales606 wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Lee-Lo played well on the weekend. I was thinking that his link-up with the incoming Highlanders centre is going to be a hot prospect. And to think I became a little concerned for you with your other centres, an injury prone Cory Allen and erm, Gavin Evans... I can see what Wilson is doing and it is similar to how he had his U20s playing. What do you think the best 23 will look like next season?

Gavin Evans hasn't been seen on a teamsheet for a while. Garyn Smith and Aled Summerhill being preferred.

Garyn Smith looks like a bit of a gem in the making. If Cory Allen ever gets off the treatment table then there could be a good Welsh pairing at Cardiff.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:07 pm

So with the promising players coming through at Blues, such as Domachowski, Lewis, Assirati, Joe Jones (all Welsh props) and their Welsh qualified centres it seems that LD was again 100% wrong about these apparent sub-standard SH journeymen blocking the development of youngsters. The lack of locks is a concern for Blues, I think you missed out on not bringing BD home. That said the Blues have a number of internationals in their team anyway and will increase that next season.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:10 pm

Following me around are you mikey. Rolling Eyes

You are seriously comedy gold.

picard

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:17 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:So with the promising players coming through at Blues, such as Domachowski, Lewis, Assirati, Joe Jones (all Welsh props) and their Welsh qualified centres it seems that LD was again 100% wrong about these apparent sub-standard SH journeymen blocking the development of youngsters. The lack of locks is a concern for Blues, I think you missed out on not bringing BD home. That said the Blues have a number of internationals in their team anyway and will increase that next season.

It would be ironic, if BD goes to the Ospreys as suspected and play in the Challenge Cup while Blues got to play in the Champions Cup next season.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:19 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Following me around are you mikey. Rolling Eyes

You are seriously comedy gold.

picard

No, get over yourself. And get over this victim mentality every time some notices your ignorance.

Glad I make you laugh though, got more than I bargained for.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:20 pm

VinceWLB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:So with the promising players coming through at Blues, such as Domachowski, Lewis, Assirati, Joe Jones (all Welsh props) and their Welsh qualified centres it seems that LD was again 100% wrong about these apparent sub-standard SH journeymen blocking the development of youngsters. The lack of locks is a concern for Blues, I think you missed out on not bringing BD home. That said the Blues have a number of internationals in their team anyway and will increase that next season.

It would be ironic,  if BD goes to the Ospreys as suspected and play in the Challenge Cup while Blues got to play in the Champions Cup next season.

It would be. Makes me wonder if what Gatland and some 'fans' have been saying about having our internationals playing in the top tier should be the basis for international selection.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:21 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:And get over this victim mentality every time some mikey_dragon notices your ignorance

There fixed that for you, now scuttle off before you ruin another perfectly good debate with your childishness. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:29 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:And get over this victim mentality every time some mikey_dragon notices your ignorance

There fixed that for you, now scuttle off before you ruin another perfectly good debate with your childishness. OK

Oh good one LD.... Another post dripping in irony and stupidity. PS, no debate is ever 'perfectly good' when you're in on it spouting your pigheaded drivel - so I would advise you not to advise that to other posters.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:27 pm

Cardiff Blues release outside half Callum Hall and prop Callum Lewis. Both will join Valleys Rugby next season. Sardis also confirms the signing of scrum half Wayne Evans who has previously played for Valleys Rugby before joining the mighty Blues. In a recent interview Wayne Evans said "Obviously this is a big step up from Newport Dragons RFC...although Carmarthen Scarlets 'B' team would have been a step up from the men of Gwent...but I am happy to be back with Ponty Valleys Rugby Team. The one true non region"

Chickens coming home to roost for Ponty it seems

#Bluesfamily

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:12 pm

Steffan wrote:Cardiff Blues release outside half Callum Hall and prop Callum Lewis. Both will join Valleys Rugby next season. Sardis also confirms the signing of scrum half Wayne Evans who has previously played for Valleys Rugby before joining the mighty Blues. In a recent interview Wayne Evans said "Obviously this is a big step up from Newport Dragons RFC...although Carmarthen Scarlets 'B' team would have been a step up from the men of Gwent...but I am happy to be back with Ponty Valleys Rugby Team. The one true non region"

#Bluesfamily

Wayne Evans still serving up sh6te at every opportunity then
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:21 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
Steffan wrote:Cardiff Blues release outside half Callum Hall and prop Callum Lewis. Both will join Valleys Rugby next season. Sardis also confirms the signing of scrum half Wayne Evans who has previously played for Valleys Rugby before joining the mighty Blues. In a recent interview Wayne Evans said "Obviously this is a big step up from Newport Dragons RFC...although Carmarthen Scarlets 'B' team would have been a step up from the men of Gwent...but I am happy to be back with Ponty Valleys Rugby Team. The one true non region"

#Bluesfamily

Wayne Evans still serving up sh6te at every opportunity then
Wayne is quite good at semi-pro level. He will be a good addition to the team. Him and Sweeney can be the Premiership dream team half backs after Dan Carter and Conor Murray at Merthyr

In another statement on Twitter...Owen Robins has said that "This signing proves that Ponty...sorry I mean the Valleys deserve a professional rugby team"

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:17 am

Cuthbert signs on for another two years:-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wales-wing-alex-cuthbert-signs-11138657

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:13 am

I think the injury forced his hand a bit as not many clubs would sign a player seen as out of form on the back of two surgeries. I would assume the deal that was on the table from the Blues was the best he would be offered right now as well.

But I am very glad to have him stay. He's got three to four months of no rugby that he can use to "find him self" "recharge" "balance his chi" or what ever mumbojumbo you want to use. He should come back fresh in August and with that find form.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:32 pm

Blues putting together a very good squad for next season. Could they push for top 4? Certainly have to be up there for top welsh region? Followed by Scarlets. I worry for the Ospreys, but then people did write them off at the beginning of last season and look what happened.

The Dragons will be fighting off the Italians again I feel.

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueschief Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:11 pm

The way Wilson has Cardiff playing, utilising wingers will suit Cuthbert. Hopefully that will revitalise him.
At least we could hope so. Very much looking forward to next season, there's certainly a buzz of anticipation around Cardiff now.

Blueschief

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:14 pm

A must-win on Sunday I feel.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:42 pm

A must-win on Saturday I feel.
Think the Os will do us though.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:51 pm

Cardiff don't seem to be very good when it comes to maul time and today's game showed it. Can anybody explain why?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:26 pm

You know him, you love him, it's Tau Filise! The guy is a legend.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:44 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:You know him, you love him, it's Tau Filise! The guy is a legend.

Up there with Rush, Baugh, Humph and Derwyn.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:05 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:Cardiff don't seem to be very good when it comes to maul time and today's game showed it. Can anybody explain why?

Their offensive maul is the best I've seen in many seasons at CAP. Wilson's coaching influence there is obvious.

As yet, he hasn't cracked it defensively and this may because they lack a lock who can get his hands on the ball, a la Charteris, and they lack a good mauler who can physically disrupt, a la Bradley.

I'd say it was because defending a maul is a physical requirement (good core strength or long arms) and they lack either. An offending maul is more togetherness so is easier to coach.
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:13 pm

Harry Robinson has been forced to retire through a neck injury. Sh*t. He's so young too. I thought he had some promise going forward. A real shame.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/36161028

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:41 pm

Griff wrote:Harry Robinson has been forced to retire through a neck injury.  Sh*t.  He's so young too.  I thought he had some promise going forward.  A real shame.

Crap news indeed.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:45 pm

PhilBB wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:Cardiff don't seem to be very good when it comes to maul time and today's game showed it. Can anybody explain why?

Their offensive maul is the best I've seen in many seasons at CAP. Wilson's coaching influence there is obvious.

As yet, he hasn't cracked it defensively and this may because they lack a lock who can get his hands on the ball, a la Charteris, and they lack a good mauler who can physically disrupt, a la Bradley.

I'd say it was because defending a maul is a physical requirement (good core strength or long arms) and they lack either. An offending maul is more togetherness so is easier to coach.

Need some big locks then. Any in the pipeline?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:31 pm

You've got Earle coming, he is not a beast but still he seems to love the physical stuff. Also, there is talk of Charteris pulling out of his Bath move. With the recent improvements you guys have shown, maybe there is a chance to sneak in an bag him in an ndc?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:33 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:Harry Robinson has been forced to retire through a neck injury.  Sh*t.  He's so young too.  I thought he had some promise going forward.  A real shame.

Crap news indeed.

Really sad news for him being so young, and never really getting to show the potential he had.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:55 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:You've got Earle coming, he is not a beast but still he seems to love the physical stuff. Also, there is talk of Charteris pulling out of his Bath move.  With the recent improvements you guys have shown, maybe there is a chance to sneak in an bag him in an ndc?

What rumour is that? His Mrs is from there, no?
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:01 pm

PhilBB wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:You've got Earle coming, he is not a beast but still he seems to love the physical stuff. Also, there is talk of Charteris pulling out of his Bath move.  With the recent improvements you guys have shown, maybe there is a chance to sneak in an bag him in an ndc?

What rumour is that? His Mrs is from there, no?

Given how overrated Bath are he seen that the writing was on the wall, so instead of wasting his time decided to return to his home region, that's NGD where he would be more valued. Welcome back Charteris!

thumbsup

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:58 pm

JD 4... 76.51mins.... checkout Holland telling Uncle Pete that they're both on the big screen. Lol.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Mon May 02, 2016 12:02 pm

If you can get Earle fit he will be a great acquisition, unfortunately since being injured last season he has been a shadow of the player he was. If Charteris does pull out of his Bath move (no doubt so that he can continue to play for Wales) then there will be a scramble for his signature. If Bradley is going to the Ospreys then they are probably out of contention unless the rumours about AWJ are correct. Unfotunatey I can't see him going back to the Dragons as they seem destined to be a development region. So it's the Blues or Scarlets (Charteris apparently played for them before he played for the Dragons) or the Blues, who could probably come up with the cash for this NDC and he would certainly fit into their side.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next