The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

+28
glamorganalun
carpet baboon
RiscaGame
True Raven
Steffan
Don Blues
PhilBB
LondonTiger
maestegmafia
Luckless Pedestrian
George Carlin
Stone Motif
Blueschief
wayne
GavinDragon
XR
Seagultaf
Gleision
Kingshu
Cardiff Dave
ScarletSpiderman
Notch
wales606
mikey_dragon
Don Alfonso
Coleman
LordDowlais
VinceWLB
32 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 2 Empty Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Guest Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:54 am

First topic message reminder :

Navidi is better in other positions in my opinion. Williams is an out and out 8. Good signing.

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by mikey_dragon Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:21 am

Glad you've got Morgan, it means we're out of the running for him and right now he is not what we require.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 2 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by LordDowlais Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:20 pm

Looks as though HP will be staying on at Toulon for another year then:-

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/35248093

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:37 pm

If the reports are true, pleased that Mathew has learned from the Hook debacle, and taken the advice of many knowledgeable people and seen that his future, not only at International level but at Regional as well is as a full back, he was asked to concentrate on that position by us (Os) but he refused, he wasn't even trusted as a 10 in the really important games in the English 2nd Tier. He could turn into a fine full back IMO, he already has the kicking and running game, he only needs the positional game to learn, although that will not be easy.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:52 pm

He's probably not a top flight 10, but can always provide cover there if necessary. Like I said before I think he'll be the direct replacement for Patch.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:53 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Looks as though HP will be staying on at Toulon for another year then:-

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/35248093

Nobody else has known for certain in the last fortnight, but the word of Byrne is gospel. Yeah nice one Lord Clickbait Rolling Eyes.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:53 pm

I forgot Anscombe plays for us. Silly me. Be good to have Morgan at fullback and I assume Dan Fish as cover. Blane Skully hasn't done much since signing. How long is he here for?

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:07 pm

Coleman wrote:I forgot Anscombe plays for us. Silly me. Be good to have Morgan at fullback and I assume Dan Fish as cover. Blane Skully hasn't done much since signing. How long is he here for?

Yep, quality NWQ signing he is. steam

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:29 pm

I do hope he dosnt turn out to be another waste. He came from the Tigers with a lot of hype. Tigers fans saying we'd landed a goodun etc.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:36 pm

Coleman wrote:I do hope he dosnt turn out to be another waste. He came from the Tigers with a lot of hype. Tigers fans saying we'd landed a goodun etc.

Laugh

Like a used car salesman trying to sell you a car. Laugh

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:30 pm

Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:"Bristol attack coach Matt Sherratt joins Cardiff Blues"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/35199446

I don't know the guy but Bristol are try-scoring machines, so surely it's a good appointment. Blues defence has been quite atrocious as of late (like someone else I know) so why is Steadman continuing as defence coach? And what about Paul John continuing as skills coach?

Dunno mate. Like you, all I do know is that there are stirrings at the capital Region.

Very Happy

@rse biscuits.

I've printed this and stuck it to my office wall.

Marvelous. I'm now a pin up.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:44 pm

Coleman wrote:I do hope he dosnt turn out to be another waste. He came from the Tigers with a lot of hype. Tigers fans saying we'd landed a goodun etc.

Not a waste at all. Doing a great job winding up LD.
Is Scully injured btw?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Coleman wrote:Glad we have signed Morgan. News said he's on a two year and has signed as a fullback. So where does that leave us at FH next season. Are we signing another or throwing our time in to Jarrod Evans? We need an older head to help guide him regardless. Gareth Davies need not apply.

At the very least, Cardiff should be interesting to watch next season I reckon.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueschief Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:04 pm

Aye, will be interesting, especially as Wilson's slowly turning the squad he inherited around. Next season we'll have more of an idea of the squad he's building and wants. However it pans out, it'll be very interesting.

Blueschief

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:35 pm

Blueschief wrote:Aye, will be interesting, especially as Wilson's slowly turning the squad he inherited around. Next season we'll have more of an idea of the squad he's building and wants. However it pans out, it'll be very interesting.

A back three of Nipper, Tom and Cuthbert should be entertaining/devastating. Or calamitous. Plus the yellow card machines up front.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:14 pm

Well Alex and Tom seem to be playing well together. You'd hope they'd realise quickly that Morgan is likely to beat the first defender or draw in a couple. Run on his shoulder and they could be laughing all the way to the bank or try line.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:16 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Glad you've got Morgan, it means we're out of the running for him and right now he is not what we require.

Just asking, but are the Drags running for anybody at all coz it seems a tad quiet down your way.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:36 pm

Coleman wrote:Well Alex and Tom seem to be playing well together. You'd hope they'd realise quickly that Morgan is likely to beat the first defender or draw in a couple. Run on his shoulder and they could be laughing all the way to the bank or try line.

You're thinking ball in hand. When they haven't got ball in hand is a concern ie defending or chasing.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:43 pm

Sam Warburton.....

"I remember watching Dan Baugh playing when I was really young," said Warburton
I didn't really know many players then and I remember seeing this guy with his collars tucked in and his socks down, just taking people's heads off and I was like 'I want to do that. I want to play for this team and do that'.
I love Cardiff. That's why I've stayed here."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/34756912.app

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:25 pm

Richie McCaw-esque.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:31 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:Glad you've got Morgan, it means we're out of the running for him and right now he is not what we require.

Just asking, but are the Drags running for anybody at all coz it seems a tad quiet down your way.

No teams have announced their released list yet, so we will be quiet for now.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:22 pm

I guess we'll be waiting for the June sales, after the Bath and Toulon's of this world have bought up the market.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:36 am

Coleman wrote:Well Alex and Tom seem to be playing well together. You'd hope they'd realise quickly that Morgan is likely to beat the first defender or draw in a couple. Run on his shoulder and they could be laughing all the way to the bank or try line.

Laugh

You make it sound so simple, this Cuthbert and James we are talking about, not Waisake Naholo and Julian Savea. Wink

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:34 pm

A top 6 finish now looking possible. Who'd have thought it?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:10 pm

I'll believe it when I see it Wink. Also note that if you do, you could be losing that place to a Scottish or Italian team.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:57 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:I'll believe it when I see it Wink. Also note that if you do, you could be losing that place to a Scottish or Italian team.

Me too. Not sure what the qualification criteria is now. I assume it is that there has to be at least one team from each nation who proceed to the proper cup comp. Something like that.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:22 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:I guess we'll be waiting for the June sales, after the Bath and Toulon's of this world have bought up the market.

Last in the queue most probs, which is a shame for you lot. Bout time you had a riot.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:30 pm

Cool

Comedy sh1te his passing ability, so yeah
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:52 am

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:47 am

Cuthbert is going to be offered a new deal, will he take it ?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/cardiff-blues-ready-offer-wales-10723588

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:54 pm

Probably as nobody else will want him.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueschief Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:15 pm

Danny Wilsons been very public with regards to Cuthbert, smoothing his ego at every opportunity. I think Cuthbert will sign.

Blueschief

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:20 pm

Anyone have any idea of the players in the last season of their contract? Curious to know will be going.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:38 pm

Coleman wrote:Anyone have any idea of the players in the last season of their contract? Curious to know will be going.

I do not know all the players, but the talk on the terrace is the following players will not be here next season:-

Jarrad Hoeata
Manoa Vosawai
Taufa'ao Filise (again)

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:17 pm

I'd assume Dicomidis and Gavin Evans would be part of that. I'll miss Filise, what a guy.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:48 pm

Team for the game vs the Quins

1. Hobbs
2. Dacey
3. Filese
4. Cook
5. Down
6. Turnbull
7. Navidi
8. Vosawai
9. Williams (c)
10. Patchell
11. James
12. Lee-Lo
13. Allen
14. Cuthbert
15. Fish

16. E. Lewis
17. T. Davies
18. D. Lewis
19. Hoeata
20. E. Jenkins
21. Knoyle
22. Anscombe
23. G. Evans

Really happy to see Ellis and Anscombe back. Hoeata covierng a few positions on the bench as well i'd assume.

Also Andrews starting at hooker for the PS with Mitchell at TH. Dolan in the second row and Jarrod Evans on the bench.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:34 pm

"couldn't we call them Caerphilly?" asks Eddie Butler.
"it's Cardiff....isn't it?" says Scott Gibbs. No fooling him then.
Oh and Peter Thomas says a few words about something or other.

Marvelous stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik8VusvYmTw&feature=youtu.be

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:26 pm

Cardiff Blues Premiership Select 30-32 London Welsh

"Two tries from wing Elis Wyn-Benham were not enough as London Welsh snatched the victory over the Cardiff Blues Premiership Select (CBPS) at BT Sport Cardiff Arms Park on Saturday afternoon.
It was a very close entertaining encounter with CBPS eager to avenge a late defeat in London last year. But the Exiles were not to be denied and once again the boot Olly Barkley proved the difference........"

http://www.cardiffblues.com/news/8032.php#.VpqWklnqnR4
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/match/ERUP3893043

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:39 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Coleman wrote:Anyone have any idea of the players in the last season of their contract? Curious to know will be going.

I do not know all the players, but the talk on the terrace is the following players will not be here next season:-

Jarrad Hoeata
Manoa Vosawai
Taufa'ao Filise (again)

Who's replacing JH then?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:44 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Jarrad Hoeata
Manoa Vosawai
Taufa'ao Filise (again)

Who's replacing JH then?

JH and MV joining the Drags?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:13 pm

I haven't heard anything. I'd like to think we'd pursue Hoeata though if he's on the market, we need a powerful lock. Jackson looks to be the replacement for Faletau, and Crosswell as well as Evans can play 8 so I doubt we'd be looking to get Vosawai. I guess a French team would swoop in for both anyway and have them sit on the bench most weekends if they're lucky.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:09 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:I haven't heard anything. I'd like to think we'd pursue Hoeata though if he's on the market, we need a powerful lock. Jackson looks to be the replacement for Faletau, and Crosswell as well as Evans can play 8 so I doubt we'd be looking to get Vosawai. I guess a French team would swoop in for both anyway and have them sit on the bench most weekends if they're lucky.

Cardiff dregs mun.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:10 am

Well Halfpenny is not coming to Cardiff then:-

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/35341569

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:43 pm

I might be wrong but i'm assuming it is the three teams in second with the highest point that go through?

If so I think we can still go through. Zebre will come second in their group regardless of results. I expect them to lose leaving them on 12 points. Which makes it a shoot out of the four other teams.

I'm hoping the Dragons win which will leave Sale on 18 maybe 19. We need Newcastle to win which would put them on 15 or 16. Edinburgh are on 17 already and LI can only get to 17. So long as we hammer Calvisano on Friday and a few results go our way we should sneak in to the knock outs.

Or i may be flat out wrong haha.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:45 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:"couldn't we call them Caerphilly?" asks Eddie Butler.

Marvelous stuff.

Been on Twitter again have we David?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:46 pm

Loyalty from Halfpenny there. He's spent a lot of time on the physio table at Toulon and probably feels that he should repay them by extending his current contract. I think there's a chance he will be back in Wales the following season.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:49 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:I haven't heard anything. I'd like to think we'd pursue Hoeata though if he's on the market, we need a powerful lock. Jackson looks to be the replacement for Faletau, and Crosswell as well as Evans can play 8 so I doubt we'd be looking to get Vosawai. I guess a French team would swoop in for both anyway and have them sit on the bench most weekends if they're lucky.

I hope we don't try to sign Hoeata. He's so ill-disciplined. We have a bad enough reputation as it is, after the game at Murrayfield.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:26 pm

We don't need him. He is no better than what we have. Landman, Screech, Hill are all better and we still have young Joe Davies on the books (who appears to be having no game time in the a side either)

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:06 pm

Cory Hill had a good game on Friday.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:02 pm

GavinDragon wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:"couldn't we call them Caerphilly?" asks Eddie Butler.

Marvelous stuff.

Been on Twitter again have we David?

There are some things you can't cover up with lipstick and powder puff blue...mun.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:42 pm

Team for the Calvisano game

Cardiff Blues: Dan Fish; Alex Cuthbert, Cory Allen, Gavin Evans, Tom James; Gareth Anscombe, Tavis Knoyle; Gethin Jenkins (capt), Ethan Lewis, Dillon Lewis, Jarrad Hoeata, Lou Reed, Cam Dolan Josh Navidi, Sam Warburton

That is a pretty serious team. I expected a lot more PS lads in the starting XV.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next