The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Blues Season Thread (Toulon fall in Cardiff)

+69
rodders
Rugby Fan
quinsforever
BigTrevsbigmac
kingjohn7
butterfingers
Knowsit17
flyhalffactory
wales606
lostinwales
VietGwentRevisited
whocares
funnyExiledScot
Mickado
St John The Enforcer
Beard from Tad Cymru
tecphobe
MarcusHalberstram
TJ
The Boss
Golden
LeinsterFan4life
asoreleftshoulder
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
Taffineastbourne
thebandwagonsociety
yappysnap
Steffan
tatterd
Cari
mrzimmerman
George Carlin
dragon999
Comfort
GLove39
Luckless Pedestrian
Seagultaf
dragon4life
theskippingpig
Jhamer25
GavinDragon
international197
The Saint
doctornickolas
mikey_philVIII
Liam
Artful_Dodger
Newsilure
Jenifer McLadyboy
bedfordwelsh
BlueNote
Effervescing Elephant
Morgannwg
hookernumber2
Notch
VinceWLB
toml
XR
Scrumdown
Cardiff Dave
pioden gorllewin
maestegmafia
thebluesmancometh
LordDowlais
Kingshu
glamorganalun
youngguns6
Coleman
ScarletSpiderman
73 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread (Toulon fall in Cardiff) Empty Cardiff Blues Season Thread (Toulon fall in Cardiff)

Post by wales606 Wed 09 Jan 2013, 8:22 am

Keeping organised the ins and outs at the Blues leading into next season.

New Signing
Paetru Tamba (during the season)
Filo Paulo - North Harbour (confirmed)
Matthew Rees (confirmed)
Liam Davies (confirmed - until end of season)
Gethin Jenkins (confirmed)
Miles Normandale (confirmed)
Rhys Gill - Saracens (rumoured) Unlikely
Craig Mitchell - Exeter (rumoured) Unlikely
Adam Warren - Scarlets (rumoured)
Dan Lydiate - Dragons (mentioned) (rumoured)
Scott Williams - Scarlets (rumoured)
James Hook (rumoured - again)
Rodney So’oialo - Honda Heat (rumoured)
Aled Summerhill - Blues Academy
Ben Roach - Blues Academy
Ellis Jenkins - Blues Academy
Tom Pascoe - Blues Academy
Will Thomas - Blues Academy

Departures (all confirmed)
Jamie Roberts - Racing Metro
Ceri Sweeney - Exeter Chiefs
Tom James - Exeter Chiefs
Michael Paterson - Sale Sharks
Jason Tovey - Newport Gwent Dragons
Campese Ma'afu - Nottingham
Ryan Harford - Cardiff RFC
Nathan Trevett - London Welsh
Matthew Screech - Newport Gwent Dragons
Darren Harries - Scarlets
Jake Cooper Wooley - London Wasps
Cory Hill - Cornish Pirates
Petru Tamba - Unattached
Andi Kyriacou - Retired
Xavier Rush

Re-Signings
Alex Cuthbert (3 years)
Scott Andrews (2 years)
Josh Navidi (3 year)
James Down (unknown)
Andreus Pretorious (can't find the article...)
Marc Breeze (unknown)
Lewis Jones (unknown)
Lloyd Williams (3 years)
Tom Williams (3 years)
Rhys Patchell (3 years)
Sam Hobbs (?3 years?)
Rhys Williams (?3 years?)
Tom Davies (?3 years?)
Richard Smith (2 years)

Last edited by wales606 on Sat 19 Oct 2013, 5:35 pm; edited 52 times in total
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread (Toulon fall in Cardiff) Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread (Toulon fall in Cardiff)

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 09 Jan 2013, 10:45 am

This must be the earliest in the season I have seen one of these 'transfers' threads. I have a feeling your going to be very busy updating this every time the eastern fail decide to link as any out of contract welshmen to the Blues.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread (Toulon fall in Cardiff) Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread (Toulon fall in Cardiff)

Post by Coleman Wed 09 Jan 2013, 11:36 am

Glad that we've got Josh on a new three year deal. Good to see that we're keeping Scott Andrews as well as he has really improved over the past 8 months. I wonder how much of their wage increase will have come from the money saved from Roberts leaving.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by youngguns6 Wed 09 Jan 2013, 12:21 pm

I'm guessing a lot of Robberts wage has now been put into Cuthbert...

Glad you haven't included dan lydaite as an in (rumoured)

youngguns6

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Wed 09 Jan 2013, 1:48 pm

I thought Faletau was a rumour from another thread, I am not sure the Blues need him a Copeland looks a decent 8.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Wed 09 Jan 2013, 2:35 pm

glamorganalun wrote:I thought Faletau was a rumour from another thread, I am not sure the Blues need him a Copeland looks a decent 8.

With Copeland’s contract up at the end of next season we could well be in with a struggle to sign him if he continues to impress as he is now. I'd love to keep him for as long as possible as I think he could be our very own Easterby. Only time will tell.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 09 Jan 2013, 2:39 pm

Coleman wrote:
glamorganalun wrote:I thought Faletau was a rumour from another thread, I am not sure the Blues need him a Copeland looks a decent 8.

With Copeland’s contract up at the end of next season we could well be in with a struggle to sign him if he continues to impress as he is now. I'd love to keep him for as long as possible as I think he could be our very own Easterby. Only time will tell.

English/Irishman that oposition fans love to hate?

I think it will be interesting to see if Copeland renews his contract, and to be honest unless one of the provinces or a big English club come looking I assume he will, because he has certainly looked impressive whenever I have seen him play. Looks like one of those Molitka type players, where when he plays well so do the rest of the back row and likewise when he has a howler, but he never really looks like the star of the backrow.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 09 Jan 2013, 2:48 pm

Coleman wrote:

I'm pretty sure Copeland was on a 2 year deal.

Faletau was rumoured to be joining the Ospreys.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Wed 09 Jan 2013, 3:01 pm

I thought there were good comparisons between Copeland and Easterby. He is on a two year deal, but that ends after next season which is what meant by end of next year. I can imagine that he would be attractive to one of the four provinces.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Wed 09 Jan 2013, 3:07 pm

can Copeland play across the back row, if he continues his form one of the provinces may look to take him back to Ireland, but I think all the Provinces are fairly well served in back row, Connacht would be the only one that I can think off that would be showing intrest, Unless he's a 6 playing at 8 then Ulster may, but for 8's we're well served.

I think that he'll stay with Blues

Copeland
Andy Kyriacou
Jamie Smith
Tim Ryan

Theres a few Irishmen in Wales, should we start worring about the exodus of irish players to Wales?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 09 Jan 2013, 3:18 pm

The pie man has already said that he is going to invest heavily in players for next season, I expect to see a lot of dead wood leaving and a lot few good WQP forwards arriving. The big noises coming out of the Arms park according to my old man are that Rhys Gill, Craig Mitchell and Matthew Rees could be turning out down there. As I have said, the fact that players need to be invested in has already been publicly talked about by the Blues hierarchy, weather it is just to get their names in the papers and on the news though is another thing, but my farther who is Cardiff and Blues mad is confident that they are not just attention seeking. Ale

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 09 Jan 2013, 3:35 pm

Also, I do not want to start any unwarranted rumours, but there has been talk of Dwayne Peel coming to the Blues at the end of the season what with Sale struggling and all that. He is coming to the end of his career and he wants to finish in Wales apparently. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 09 Jan 2013, 3:46 pm

LordDowlais wrote:The pie man has already said that he is going to invest heavily in players for next season, I expect to see a lot of dead wood leaving and a lot few good WQP forwards arriving. The big noises coming out of the Arms park according to my old man are that Rhys Gill, Craig Mitchell and Matthew Rees could be turning out down there. As I have said, the fact that players need to be invested in has already been publicly talked about by the Blues hierarchy, weather it is just to get their names in the papers and on the news though is another thing, but my farther who is Cardiff and Blues mad is confident that they are not just attention seeking. Ale

Mitchell signed a new Cheifs contract end of last season, so I would assume he won't be leaving them anytime soon.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Wed 09 Jan 2013, 3:46 pm

Would Andy Powell be a welcome return from Sale?

If Sale went down a few could be tempted to the Blues, like Sam Tuitupou

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 09 Jan 2013, 3:51 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:The pie man has already said that he is going to invest heavily in players for next season, I expect to see a lot of dead wood leaving and a lot few good WQP forwards arriving. The big noises coming out of the Arms park according to my old man are that Rhys Gill, Craig Mitchell and Matthew Rees could be turning out down there. As I have said, the fact that players need to be invested in has already been publicly talked about by the Blues hierarchy, weather it is just to get their names in the papers and on the news though is another thing, but my farther who is Cardiff and Blues mad is confident that they are not just attention seeking. Ale

Mitchell signed a new Cheifs contract end of last season, so I would assume he won't be leaving them anytime soon.

They are looking at buying his contract out, apparently, it's not as if the money isn't there, as long as they do not breach the salary cap they could spend what they wanted on players, and I thought he signed a contract extension, not a brand new contract, the story I have heard is that he is on a pittance at Exeter and even the Blues could double his wages, any Exeter fans on here who can add anything to this ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 09 Jan 2013, 3:56 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

They are looking at buying his contract out, apparently, it's not as if the money isn't there, as long as they do not breach the salary cap they could spend what they wanted on players, and I thought he signed a contract extension, not a brand new contract, the story I have heard is that he is on a pittance at Exeter and even the Blues could double his wages, any Exeter fans on here who can add anything to this ?

While I would like Mitchell at the Blues, buying out his contract would be fairly ridiculous if it will cost any decent amount considering the Blues are very, very broke/in debt.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 09 Jan 2013, 3:59 pm

Kingshu wrote:Would Andy Powell be a welcome return from Sale?

If Sale went down a few could be tempted to the Blues, like Sam Tuitupou

Interesting thought.

Powell seems to have had a good time at Sale, settling in well. He was also pretty good for Wales the last time he played, but at 31, he is unlikely to get selected even if he did return to Wales.

He seems to have calmed down a bit at Sale and had been putting in some pretty good performances last time I heard. So I think the Blues would welcome him back if he was cheap.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 09 Jan 2013, 4:03 pm

wales606 wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

While I would like Mitchell at the Blues, buying out his contract would be fairly ridiculous if it will cost any decent amount considering the Blues are very, very broke/in debt.

The Blues are in debt I will agree, but Peter Thomas is not, and the sounds I am hearing is that he is going to invest a lot more into the Blues to make them more competitive again.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 09 Jan 2013, 4:06 pm

Anyone want to guess who the Blues owe all their debts too? Well at least the majority of their debts anyway!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 09 Jan 2013, 4:09 pm

That's the sense I am getting, with the move back to the CAP helping keep them in the black this season, they seem to be willing to go into the red a bit next season to try to boost crowds and get a HC 1/4 for more money.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Wed 09 Jan 2013, 4:16 pm

From the rumours I’ve just read. I would like Craig Mitchell at the Blues, it would be nice to have two up and coming Welsh tighthead props at the region.

Dwayne Peel would also be very welcome from my point of view as since the departure of Rees our scrumhalf’s have been awful. Andy Powell does look to have settled outside of Wales and I think for him to remain stable he needs to be out of the Goldfish bowl as old habits die hard.

We all know that Peter Thomas has money, and it’s good to hear that he is interested in investing it in the Blues. But he is a businessman and I do feel that he'll want something in return as he isn’t just interested in rugby as a hobby.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 09 Jan 2013, 4:20 pm

We definitely need a new SH, but i'm not sure Peel is the way to go. I think I would prefer someone like Martin Roberts if he is still playing well at Northampton or nick Gareth Davies from the Scarlets or Rhys Webb from the O's.

Although there does seem to be a few promising SHs coming through, but they might be a couple of seasons away from showing how Poopie Lloyd Williams is in some context.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 09 Jan 2013, 4:27 pm

Peter Thomas has come out and publicly stated that he realises that the Blues need investment in good qlty Welsh players, and I did not just read this in the Western Mail, it was in the Telegraph and the Daily Mail, after the last weekend of HC games. Also it is not exactly a secret down at the Arms park either as everybody is talking about it down there, but they are mostly sceptical than optimistic though.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 09 Jan 2013, 4:47 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Peter Thomas has come out and publicly stated that he realises that the Blues need investment in good qlty Welsh players, and I did not just read this in the Western Mail, it was in the Telegraph and the Daily Mail, after the last weekend of HC games. Also it is not exactly a secret down at the Arms park either as everybody is talking about it down there, but they are mostly sceptical than optimistic though.

He has made similar promises for years.

He promised world class talent last year and gave us Campese Ma'ufu.

However, the focus seems to have moved to WQ players. That combined with the money saved from moving to the CAP (this year is our first ever in the black I believe) and the proposed salary offered to Jamie Roberts (to make him the best paid player in Britain) seem to suggest that a few of his promises may come through.

If we get Gill, Rees and Mitchell that will give us a pretty good platform. Then we just need a SH and centre.

It will be hugely positive if we can add Warburton and Halfpenny to the list of re-signing (which they are trying very hard to do, but we may not know until the 6N is finished). I am sort of expecting that to happen as both are very loyal to the club, especially Warburton being a Cardiff lad.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Wed 09 Jan 2013, 4:57 pm

Blues are a top seed for the H-cup and hence normally get good groups,they llok like losing 6 point of that, &points 4 years ago, only one this year, and will drop to 14 points which is 3rd (maybe 2nd seed, if ones above don't qualify),

next year they have 6 points, and will need to get more to be a 2nd seed, they really needed to invest last summer, when they were still top seed and best chance to make it out of the group, next year as 3rd seed will be harder. It should have been a group this year where a best runner up spot would have be achieveable, hence remaining second seeds.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Wed 09 Jan 2013, 5:02 pm

Would a blues supporter possibly hope Wales have a poor 6 nations as it would make resigning Warburton and Halfpenny easier, another grand slam, and it may be difficult to ward off the French clubs that would come calling.

If Wales do badly in 6 Nations, Blues fans can look at this as a silver lining.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 09 Jan 2013, 5:06 pm

Kingshu wrote:Would a blues supporter possibly hope Wales have a poor 6 nations as it would make resigning Warburton and Halfpenny easier, another grand slam, and it may be difficult to ward off the French clubs that would come calling.

If Wales do badly in 6 Nations, Blues fans can look at this as a silver lining.

They are resigning them a year or two before their contracts expire - so there won't be much interest unless they decide to wait and see if they get an offer next season.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 09 Jan 2013, 8:42 pm

Great work Blues.

I like those potential signings too. Look very promising

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Wed 09 Jan 2013, 10:27 pm

I've just seen that Gethin Jenkins has played 1 game for Toulon since November 2nd. That was against Sale at home in the HC.

He has not even been in the 23 for ANY of the other 5 games that Toulon have played. He was also subbed off against Sale.

He has played 58 minutes of rugby since he was last with Wales from a possible 480.

Surely he HAS to accept whatever pay the Blues have offered him if he wants to play for Wales again. Otherwise he is stuck at Toulon for another season (or two?) without playing.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by pioden gorllewin Thu 10 Jan 2013, 8:54 am

Dwayne Peel is expecting his 2nd child, so is looking to head home to wales. Gatland tried to get Dwayne to move to the Blues in the past, so wouldn't be surprised if he ended up there.

Isn't property developer John Smart the guy with the most money on the Blues board? Sure between them they can attract the right calibre of players.
pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 10 Jan 2013, 2:43 pm

pioden gorllewin wrote:Dwayne Peel is expecting his 2nd child, so is looking to head home to wales. Gatland tried to get Dwayne to move to the Blues in the past, so wouldn't be surprised if he ended up there.

Isn't property developer John Smart the guy with the most money on the Blues board? Sure between them they can attract the right calibre of players.

Not so sure whether Smart puts any of his cash into the blues and as I understand it he won't even sit in the same room as Peter Thomas.
Maybe bluesmancometh can clarify.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 10 Jan 2013, 2:54 pm

Coleman wrote:From the rumours I’ve just read. I would like Craig Mitchell at the Blues, it would be nice to have two up and coming Welsh tighthead props at the region.

Dwayne Peel would also be very welcome from my point of view as since the departure of Rees our scrumhalf’s have been awful. Andy Powell does look to have settled outside of Wales and I think for him to remain stable he needs to be out of the Goldfish bowl as old habits die hard.

We all know that Peter Thomas has money, and it’s good to hear that he is interested in investing it in the Blues. But he is a businessman and I do feel that he'll want something in return as he isn’t just interested in rugby as a hobby.

Thomas has other business interests which he profits from and Cardiff Blues isn't one of them.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Thu 10 Jan 2013, 4:35 pm

Honestly though, I don't want to sound like I’m spending other people’s money. But if you have £80 and let’s say, your brother asked to lend £3/4, you wouldn’t be too bothered. Seeing as the Pie man has somewhere around £80,000,000 why can't he just give us £3,000,000? And as mentioned, he isn’t the only multimillionaire on the Blues board. Dig deep lads!

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 10 Jan 2013, 7:23 pm

Dave

Ive heard rumours of the supposed spat, what do you make of it?

Thomas isn't a fool, the Blues owe a fortune to a small number of companies, a lot of which are owned or part owned by Thomas himself, the more debt the Blues get in the more money he makes.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumdown Thu 10 Jan 2013, 7:52 pm

wales606 wrote:I've just seen that Gethin Jenkins has played 1 game for Toulon since November 2nd. That was against Sale at home in the HC.

He has not even been in the 23 for ANY of the other 5 games that Toulon have played. He was also subbed off against Sale.

He has played 58 minutes of rugby since he was last with Wales from a possible 480.

Surely he HAS to accept whatever pay the Blues have offered him if he wants to play for Wales again. Otherwise he is stuck at Toulon for another season (or two?) without playing.

But he is under contract and toulon want a transfer fee so still unlikely.

Scrumdown

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumdown Thu 10 Jan 2013, 8:26 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Dave

Ive heard rumours of the supposed spat, what do you make of it?

Thomas isn't a fool, the Blues owe a fortune to a small number of companies, a lot of which are owned or part owned by Thomas himself, the more debt the Blues get in the more money he makes.

Not really, it is just a loan from peter thomas via his companies to the club. He doesn't charge any interest on the loan and therefore he makes no money from the transaction.

The reason he invests in the blues is because he is a fan and he also has a huge ego, similar to john smart which is why they don't get on.

There is a certain kudos that comes with owning a club such as the cardiff blues and we should expect peter thomas to pay for that through an annual investment as he brings nothing else to the table.

If not, then he should move aside as there would be no shortage of businessmen who would want to take over.

The Cardiff blues are a sleeping giant of european rugby and we should expect far more from its owners, especially when the current owner is sitting on £200million.

Scrumdown

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 10 Jan 2013, 8:42 pm

Coleman wrote:Honestly though, I don't want to sound like I’m spending other people’s money. But if you have £80 and let’s say, your brother asked to lend £3/4, you wouldn’t be too bothered. Seeing as the Pie man has somewhere around £80,000,000 why can't he just give us £3,000,000? And as mentioned, he isn’t the only multimillionaire on the Blues board. Dig deep lads!

80 million ? Try closer to multiplying that by three and you will be there or there abouts, the man is loaded beyond belief, and like somebody has said before me, he has a massive ego, trust me when I say this but he really does think that the Blues/Cardiff are the biggest club/region side in the world. picard

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 10 Jan 2013, 8:46 pm

Scrum

You'd be surprised by what the Blues rent/pay to affiliates that Thomas has his name on somewhere in very small writing way down on the list!!!

Thomas isn't losing money at the Blues, he is a very shrewd man, he isn't funding the Blues for the kudos and nods he receives around town!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumdown Thu 10 Jan 2013, 8:55 pm

Bluesman,

With a self imposed playing budget of £3.5 million and external funding of £3.75million before any gate recipts and sponsorship is taken into account, I think you may be right.

The blues deserve better.

Scrumdown

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 10 Jan 2013, 9:04 pm

Scrumdown wrote:
wales606 wrote:I've just seen that Gethin Jenkins has played 1 game for Toulon since November 2nd. That was against Sale at home in the HC.

But he is under contract and toulon want a transfer fee so still unlikely.

The Blues had come to an acceptable deal with Toulon, but Gethin rejected the salary he was offered.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Thu 10 Jan 2013, 9:08 pm

Scrum

I'll take Thomas over the Hazell WRU situation the Dragons have! Sadly the only way I see Thomas leaving is on very bad terms and him being forced out, it won't be pretty and he seems like the kind of person to do as much damage as possible on the way out!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 11 Jan 2013, 1:49 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Scrum

I'll take Thomas over the Hazell WRU situation the Dragons have! Sadly the only way I see Thomas leaving is on very bad terms and him being forced out, it won't be pretty and he seems like the kind of person to do as much damage as possible on the way out!

I have a feeling he is the sort of bloke that would want to ensure that when he leaves he gets every single penny that the regions owes back in his pockets. And also make it as public as possible if the money is not in his pockets as quick as possible too.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Sat 12 Jan 2013, 9:20 am

Well theres been a second row signing. Filo Paulo, samoan lock, played for blues in s15 last year and seems well regarded by his north harbour coach.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/20995414

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by toml Sat 12 Jan 2013, 10:54 am

He had better hair at Ulster

toml

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 12 Jan 2013, 10:58 am

Exactly the position they needed to strenghten.

He is the guy who cleared out Biggar so Ospreys are surely not looking forward to meet him again.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:56 am

toml wrote:He had better hair at Ulster

How did he do at Ulster?
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 12 Jan 2013, 12:01 pm

VinceWLB wrote:Exactly the position they needed to strenghten.

He is the guy who cleared out Biggar so Ospreys are surely not looking forward to meet him again.

Is he? It didn't mention he played against Wales, that makes it a better signing if he is first choice for Samoa but unwanted by the Blues, he should be on a cheapish contract.

Although he isn't wanted in the S15, he did play there last season and the comments by his coach seems very positive and just the sort of lock we are looking for.

It is a position that could do with a but of strengthening, although I would have rather waited and got someone with experience to help bring through the younger players, but an international lock on a cheap contract is good enough.

We will have to wait and see how he plays, hopefully more of a Copeland than a Ma'afu.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 12 Jan 2013, 12:02 pm

Was incredibly disappointed to see him leave Ulster, as he was highly rated by wasn't given a Visa. Now he's an international he can indeed get a visa.

Blues have got themselves a cracking player.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 12 Jan 2013, 12:04 pm

Notch wrote:Was incredibly disappointed to see him leave Ulster, as he was highly rated by wasn't given a Visa. Now he's an international he can indeed get a visa.

Blues have got themselves a cracking player.

That's brilliant Smile
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by pioden gorllewin Sat 12 Jan 2013, 12:47 pm

impressive signing. blues need to add a bit of physicality up front, and it looks like they've done that.
pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next