The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury is a role model

+32
No 7&1/2
Hammersmith harrier
Mayweathers cellmate
CaledonianCraig
milkyboy
Atila
TopHat24/7
Scottrf
TRUSSMAN66
seanmichaels
EX7EY
kingraf
DuransHorse
ONETWOFOREVER
ShahenshahG
Noble-Surfer
Adam D
Volcanicash
Duty281
hampo17
Rowley
3fingers
superflyweight
hazharrison
Dipper Brown
Herman Jaeger
Mr H
horizontalhero
Steffan
Shifty
Derbymanc
BoxingFan88
36 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Fury is a role model - Page 3 Empty Fury is a role model

Post by tunes666 Mon 07 Dec 2015, 1:24 am

First topic message reminder :

Loved this interview.

[spoiler="https]

Just beat the greatest and now world champ, and the whole team still down to earth and cool guys. I don't know why he gets so many haters...

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Fury is a role model - Page 3 Empty Re: Fury is a role model

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 09 Dec 2015, 4:47 pm

I do not understand your justification in the slightest as it makes no sense and relies on archaic texts that are millennia out of date.

What comments have been made recently by politicians then Tunes, the only ones you specifically referred to were made in the 1970's.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Dec 2015, 4:55 pm

PaulHv2 wrote:Tunes, no offence my friend but you really shouldn't be taking digs at peoples intelligence when you've made numerous simple spelling mistakes in this thread picard
Perhaps Tunes is dyslexic and thinks Fury has an aversion to homeopathy

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 09 Dec 2015, 4:56 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
PaulHv2 wrote:Tunes, no offence my friend but you really shouldn't be taking digs at peoples intelligence when you've made numerous simple spelling mistakes in this thread picard
Perhaps Tunes is dyslexic and thinks Fury has an aversion to homeopathy

That would explain an awful lot.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Wed 09 Dec 2015, 5:09 pm

Ahh the old change the topic to ones grammer or typo mistakes.. boring.

I'm dyslexic if you must know, and be careful, I might get offended and cry onto my keyboard!

Im not sure if you are aware but dyslexia has nothing to do with IQ levels.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 09 Dec 2015, 5:13 pm

tunes666 wrote:

I'm dyslexic if you must know, and be careful, I might get offended and cry onto my keyboard!

Technically I haven't changed the subject, that was my first post and I decided to focus on one aspect of the thread, that aspect being you deciding everyone else is thick despite your lack of primary school education.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 09 Dec 2015, 5:15 pm

tunes666 wrote:

While Im certain this is broadly true... I'd imagine dyslexia would have an impact on your IQ reaults, surely?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 09 Dec 2015, 5:17 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Rowley wrote:I am sick of all this political correctness. It will get to the point soon where you can't write racist abuse on the walls of your Asian neighbours houses in excrement without some sandal wearing, tofu eating Guardianista reporting you to Claire Short or some such.

I cannot comprehend the level of stupidity it requires to try and justify the comments that Fury has made.
In fairness to Fury (four words I thought I'd never utter...much like "I killed them all") I agree with his comments regarding Jessica Ennis however, I'd have been inclined to be a tad more diplomatic when describing how attractive she is. But yeah, apart from that, he's a homophobe. He's used the word "gay" in a derogatory manner previously when embarking on a little Twitter rant a while back which, in my tiny unenlightened mind, marks him out as homophobic. He uses the word "gay" as an insult to imply weakness and inferiority in those he's attacking. When he's not hiding behind "religion" as justification for it, he puts it down to being bi-polar or having depression or, when famously taping his mouth shut, persecution.

Poor Fury!

As the comedian Reginald D Hunter says though, "You can say whatever you like, just be prepared to accept the consequences!"

I dont agree with this at all. I am not standing up for Fury (I think what he has said is crass and pretty horrible whether he intends to cause controversy or whether he believes it) but I dont agree with anyone using hate words are sexist/ homophobic or racist.

If that was the case, every schoolchild is a homophobe. I've called people a big girls blouse - am I homophobic or sexist or both? Just because someone uses an insult, doesnt make it that that person is a bigot or whatever term you want to use. Its not even about growing up in a time when those things were acceptable. Its easy to use words in a derogatory manner without it having any intent or ulterior motive behind it.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Wed 09 Dec 2015, 5:20 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I do not understand your justification in the slightest as it makes no sense and relies on archaic texts that are millennia out of date.

What comments have been made recently by politicians then Tunes, the only ones you specifically referred to were made in the 1970's.

76, but working for the labor party not so long ago.. Maybe you have over looked the ongoing investigation into pedophilia within our government as well as the covering up of 1400 white female children raped and tortured by pedo gangs in Rotherham, that was covered up because of fear of Racism (politically correctness). These circles are operating as we speak as others are exposed in on going investigations.. only brought to light because of the Whistle blowing in Rotherham.

You can also dig up more, like the pushing of 8 year olds to delaying puberty by injections, in order to assess if they really want a sex change.

And good old Theresa here, the person who was supposed to be dealing with the HOP pedo chain scandal... good choice hu?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/8201521/Sex-offenders-including-paedophiles-should-be-allowed-to-adopt-Theresa-May-told.html

So have a think about what Tyson was saying, and ask why the press his jumped on him, and what their motives REALLY are.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Wed 09 Dec 2015, 5:23 pm

Rowley wrote:I am sick of all this political correctness. It will get to the point soon where you can't write racist abuse on the walls of your Asian neighbours houses in excrement without some sandal wearing, tofu eating Guardianista reporting you to Claire Short or some such.
Yep, we need to back to the good old days. The days when we could just grab a female co-workers a## when she walked by and whenever we got into an argument with a black guy we could just tell him to go back where he came from.

Damn this political correctness stuff.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 09 Dec 2015, 5:24 pm

Is it all one big conspiracy then Tunes?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Dec 2015, 5:27 pm

Adam D wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

I cannot comprehend the level of stupidity it requires to try and justify the comments that Fury has made.
In fairness to Fury (four words I thought I'd never utter...much like "I killed them all") I agree with his comments regarding Jessica Ennis however, I'd have been inclined to be a tad more diplomatic when describing how attractive she is. But yeah, apart from that, he's a homophobe. He's used the word "gay" in a derogatory manner previously when embarking on a little Twitter rant a while back which, in my tiny unenlightened mind, marks him out as homophobic. He uses the word "gay" as an insult to imply weakness and inferiority in those he's attacking. When he's not hiding behind "religion" as justification for it, he puts it down to being bi-polar or having depression or, when famously taping his mouth shut, persecution.

Poor Fury!

As the comedian Reginald D Hunter says though, "You can say whatever you like, just be prepared to accept the consequences!"

I dont agree with this at all. I am not standing up for Fury (I think what he has said is crass and pretty horrible whether he intends to cause controversy or whether he believes it) but I dont agree with anyone using hate words are sexist/ homophobic or racist.

If that was the case, every schoolchild is a homophobe. I've called people a big girls blouse - am I homophobic or sexist or both? Just because someone uses an insult, doesnt make it that that person is a bigot or whatever term you want to use. Its not even about growing up in a time when those things were acceptable. Its easy to use words in a derogatory manner without it having any intent or ulterior motive behind it.
Sorry mate but the word "gay" as an insult has been rife for some time. James Arthur was slated for it, plenty of rappers have been done for it. People would happily deride something with the term "That's so gay" or "That's the gayest thing I've ever seen" because in their mind, being gay is seen as being inferior or substandard. Surely you appreciate that by dismissing the use of the term "gay" as a throwaway insult is in itself an admission that it's ok to see homosexuals as second class citizens.

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Wed 09 Dec 2015, 5:29 pm

kingraf wrote:
tunes666 wrote:

While Im certain this is broadly true... I'd imagine dyslexia would have an impact on your IQ reaults, surely?

No, it is a case of people perceiving things different and has an effect on learning, reading and spelling, concentration .....

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 09 Dec 2015, 5:29 pm

Surprise surprise Adam jumps to Fury's defence.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Wed 09 Dec 2015, 5:32 pm

Atila wrote:
Yep, we need to back to the good old days. The days when we could just grab a female co-workers a## when she walked by and whenever we got into an argument with a black guy we could just tell him to go back where he came from.

Damn this political correctness stuff.

And that woman or black guy could turn around and tell them to go f**k them selves?

Or better now they can get a court order, much more independent.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 09 Dec 2015, 5:35 pm

For Christ's sake, can everyone stop being so gay!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 09 Dec 2015, 5:35 pm

Duty281 wrote:For Christ's sake, can everyone stop being so gay!

Yeah come on guys, Duty is the only gay in the 606 village Wink

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Wed 09 Dec 2015, 5:42 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Adam D wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Poor Fury!

Sorry mate but the word "gay" as an insult has been rife for some time. James Arthur was slated for it, plenty of rappers have been done for it. People would happily deride something with the term "That's so gay" or "That's the gayest thing I've ever seen" because in their mind, being gay is seen as being inferior or substandard. Surely you appreciate that by dismissing the use of the term "gay" as a throwaway insult is in itself an admission that it's ok to see homosexuals as second class citizens.

The word Gay means joyful, happy and free...

Yes its an utterly derogatory word to use, how horrid.

So what if people said, "Thats so Gay" ... if society has changed its views, then so be it, why do we need to start banning words? or near enough.. would you prefer Homo? people also used to say... "ahh man, the guy is such a homo" ....

This is all pathetic, I think Gay people just need to get on with it, Im sure most do, as my gay friends do.... The ones who get offended by such words would be better not speaking to me, as the chances are I wont like them very much anyway, as I like like people with bit of back bone, gay, straight, female or male.. life is crap for everyone not just those hunting victim tokens..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 09 Dec 2015, 5:45 pm

I'm sure your gay friends love Furys horrible comments.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 Dec 2015, 5:46 pm

Being compared to Pedos....

Of course they should just get on with it...

How pathetic..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 09 Dec 2015, 5:59 pm

No fun in a debate where only one side is morally defensible
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Dec 2015, 6:05 pm

tunes666 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Adam D wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Poor Fury!

The word Gay means joyful, happy and free...
Cheers Webster, however, despite your dyslexia having no effect on you're IQ, surely you're not so stupid as to realize the other meaning the word has which is in itself a perfectly acceptable word. however when used in the context Fury has used it in the past, it's clearly meant to imply that to be gay is to be inferior

Yes its an utterly derogatory word to use, how horrid.
Silly billy

So what if people said, "Thats so Gay" ... if society has changed its views, then so be it, why do we need to start banning words? or near enough..  would you prefer Homo?  people also used to say... "ahh man, the guy is such a homo" ....

No-one is saying the word "gay" should be banned. Again you're being at best, flippant or, at worst, deliberately obtuse. Either way, you should be aware that using the term "gay" or a "homo" to imply someone is inferior is bigoted and hateful.

This is all pathetic, I think Gay people just need to get on with it, Im sure most do, as my gay friends do.... The ones who get offended by such words would be better not speaking to me, as the chances are I wont like them very much anyway, as I like like people with  bit of back bone, gay, straight, female or male..  life is crap for everyone not just those hunting victim tokens..
So when the Nazis, persecuted the Jews, Communists, gypsies and homosexuals and put them in camps and treated them as second class citizens or worse, should they have just developed a bit of back bone?

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 09 Dec 2015, 6:51 pm

If that's how Hitler treated second class citizens Dave what did he do to the ones he really didn't like.

Wasting your breath here I'm afraid all of you. There's a few members of the flat earth society on this place and no-one's changing their minds on anything anytime soon.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Wed 09 Dec 2015, 7:25 pm

I'm really on the fence on this.

On one hand I get that Fury has some extreme views, but on the other hand I don't think he's trying to force his views on other people or incite hatred.  OK, he said it in public and people will listen to him, but was that his intention or fault?  Does he care if everyone thinks his views are wrong?

I think there is a line but I don't think Fury quite crossed it.  It's a bit like that bloke on Linkedin that paid a compliment to a female solicitor about her looks.  Did his comment detract from her qualifications, skills and experience and objectify her at a base level?  I guess so.  Would I have done the same?  I doubt it.  Did he cross the line?  Not for me.

We all have our own views and think in unique ways.  As long as Fury isn't trying to express his views with an ambition to gather support or encourage hatred and as long as that guy on LinkedIn wasn't trying to deliberately degrade the solicitor or pestering her with lewd comments, I think we have to accept a certain degree of difference in what people say and think.

We know people like Fury exists in their millions, however most just have a view and get on with their lives without harming anyone.  It's the ones that can't just get on with theirlives and want to gather support or encourage change based on such views we should concern ourselves with.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 09 Dec 2015, 7:40 pm

We should concern ourselves with anybody who expresses such views in a public domain and yes it is 100% his fault as was it his intention, it's becoming quite absurd how people are trying to justify his comments.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Wed 09 Dec 2015, 8:12 pm

I'm not justifying it and I didn't say it wasn't his fault?

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 09 Dec 2015, 8:13 pm

DuransHorse wrote:OK, he said it in public and people will listen to him, but was that his intention or fault?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Wed 09 Dec 2015, 8:18 pm

Did you see the key ? In there. Question!

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 09 Dec 2015, 8:19 pm

Hence my reply that it was 100% his fault, the guy is a complete and utter idiot, it's no wonder the IBF want nothing to do with him hopefully the other commissions follow suit.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Wed 09 Dec 2015, 8:22 pm

So if someone copies Fury it's 100% Furys fault. It's a golden Get out of jail free card, I guess.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 09 Dec 2015, 9:33 pm

DuransHorse wrote:So if someone copies Fury it's 100% Furys fault. It's a golden Get out of jail free card, I guess.

Not necessarily, but if you're in the public eye your actions and statements 100% have further reaching consequences. To pretend people don't in some way shape or forn take the lead from public figures is a head in sand approach. Nike wouldn't pay Rory McIlroy £15 million a year if they figured people aren't suggestible suckers
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Wed 09 Dec 2015, 9:54 pm

kingraf wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:So if someone copies Fury it's 100% Furys fault. It's a golden Get out of jail free card, I guess.

Not necessarily, but if you're in the public eye your actions and statements 100% have further reaching consequences. To pretend people don't in some way shape or forn take the lead from public figures is a head in sand approach. Nike wouldn't pay Rory McIlroy £15 million a year if they figured people aren't suggestible suckers

I wouldn't debate people are influenced at all, Kingraf. Yes, what he says will have influenced certain people but I am not one of the 'Sue McDonalds cos they sold me adverts that made me fat' brigade. People have their own minds and have to make their own decisions. Provided Fury isn't proven to be trying to incite hatred then it's just an opinion he's aired... one I do not agree with I might add.

We can't demand that anyone who happens to become a public figure must only share views and opinions that are within public consensus. I'm not defending Fury, I'm saying that unless he crosses a line, usually a legal one, he can't be judged too heavily. In this country we allow people like Nick Griffin a chance to speak and persuade people to support parties with views like the BNP's. If people follow then they probably weren't pushed too hard. Tyson's first, and probably only ambition, is to win boxing matches.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 Dec 2015, 10:09 pm

But words have consequences...There used to be an abortionist in America called Dr Tiller....Though he did nothing illegal some people on Fox referred to him as a baby killer...Ended up with a nutter shooting him..

Fury's statement was very provocative..There are a lot of stupid people out there...

Words have consequences....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 09 Dec 2015, 10:11 pm

DuransHorse wrote:
kingraf wrote:

I wouldn't debate people are influenced at all, Kingraf. Yes, what he says will have influenced certain people but I am not one of the 'Sue McDonalds cos they sold me adverts that made me fat' brigade. People have their own minds and have to make their own decisions. Provided Fury isn't proven to be trying to incite hatred then it's just an opinion he's aired... one I do not agree with I might add.

We can't demand that anyone who happens to become a public figure must only share views and opinions that are within public consensus. I'm not defending Fury, I'm saying that unless he crosses a line, usually a legal one, he can't be judged too heavily. In this country we allow people like Nick Griffin a chance to speak and persuade people to support parties with views like the BNP's. If people follow then they probably weren't pushed too hard. Tyson's first, and probably only ambition, is to win boxing matches.

He compared homosexuality to paedophilia. The burden of responsibility is greater when you're a public figure. Tyson should know that. Even if he didn't, you don't show up for Press conferences in Batman suits because you want to win a fight. You do that to gain publicity. To become a public figure. You can't then turn around and say "I'm not really interested in the public side,so don't hold me to those standards".
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Wed 09 Dec 2015, 10:21 pm

TRUSS, who said words didn't?

Kingraf, many people are given public responsibility and don't handle it as they should. We don't control speech in this country.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 10 Dec 2015, 12:05 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:I'm sure your gay friends love Furys horrible comments.
They respect free speech, doubt it really bothered them, does not effect their lives.... I think that is what they would say...

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 10 Dec 2015, 12:09 am

The only think Fury done wrong was be a little careless with his words when addressing the pedo thing, and while he was not comparing it to Homosexuality, he was making the point that at one stage people did view homosexuality as people view paedophilia today.

If the interviewer wanted he could have asked Fury to clarify him self and cause less offence, but he wanted to use it.

And as a result the media seem to want to avoid his relevant points on paedophilia and just call him a homophobic and sexist.

As per usual the Liberal Extremists want to avoid real issues and just address politically correct hog wash!.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 10 Dec 2015, 12:16 am

milkyboy wrote:If that's how Hitler treated second class citizens Dave what did he do to the ones he really didn't like.

Wasting your breath here I'm afraid all of you. There's a few members of the flat earth society on this place and no-one's changing their minds on anything anytime soon.

And Hitler comes up, never seems to fail that one!... if your loosing an argument, bring up Hitler and WW2!, the big bad Christian... nothing like a 75 year old war to assess the current state of affairs!

The Lefties never like to bring up Stalin and Meo though, both Atheists I might add, and apx 40m second class citizens dead between them...

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 10 Dec 2015, 12:23 am

DAVE667 wrote:
So when the Nazis, persecuted the Jews, Communists, gypsies and homosexuals and put them in camps and treated them as second class citizens or worse, should they have just developed a bit of back bone?

More bloody Nazi Talk....

You seem to be mistaking having an opinion and belief, to having a war, and killing people.

Further more, as I have just addressed in another post. Please do not regard anything that may be perceived as being "right wing" ...  When the left wing have killed more people than anyone, Stalin and Meo for a start.... they managed to that with out being right winged.

So the old WW2, dig up old horrible sh1t, ware REALLY thin.

You cant ban free speech because Hitler killed a Poopie load of people 75 years ago....  if free speech was good enough 10 years after ww2, 30 years after..... 50 years after. THEN ITS GOOD ENOUGH NOW.

Last edited by tunes666 on Thu 10 Dec 2015, 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcanicash Thu 10 Dec 2015, 12:46 am

I think the key thing for me in this situation with Fury is Freedom of speech.  Of course words have consequences but so does silence, eg, the Rotheram case as someone has mentioned.  If you silence someone that doesn’t stop their conscience having those opinions, and surely its better to have their opinions aired and challenged than to have those opinions expressed in a more incendiary way.

Fury for example carries great stock in the Bible, so why not challenge on why he thinks what he thinks about homos, pedos and abortion as sinful acts, but is perfectly happy to say the things he’s said about Jessica Ennis and ring girls when the bible clearly says you shouldn’t lust or covet(also classed as sinful) yet Fury is judging them based on there looks?  I’m pretty sure Jesus was against pride (Fury doesn’t exactly strike me as the most humble kind of guys) and I suspect there’s probably verses against fighting for all I know.  

My point is just shouting “bigot” at him and trying to shame him is technically showing yourself as someone who can’t tolerate the opinions(and from what I’ve read these are opinions he’s said by the questioning of a journalist, that to me isn’t forcing them down peoples throats)makes that person a bigot too and doesn’t get anyone anywhere.  We are still classed as a tolerant country, (although the atmosphere is certainly changing)it has to work both ways.

And for anyone saying he shouldn’t say his opinions because they are offensive, the bottom line is we have the right to offend (currently) .  Everyone gets offended for all kinds of things, someone my feel offended by a certain situation another person might revel in it.  The question is who has the “moral highground” and who decides?

My last point (re Fury as a Role model/public figure) is surely its better to express and air your views/opinions than have to constantly analyse and check yourself in fear of causing offence.  Isn’t that why people are sick and tired of scripted politicians and other official lackeys who rarely show any form of conviction of their views but come out with the same old formulaic rhetoric.  It may not be perfect but I’d rather they say what they think and be challenged any day of the week than silencing their views.

Volcanicash

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 10 Dec 2015, 1:46 am

Volcanicash wrote:I think the key thing for me in this situation with Fury is Freedom of speech.  Of course words have consequences but so does silence, eg, the Rotheram case as someone has mentioned.  If you silence someone that doesn’t stop their conscience having those opinions, and surely its better to have their opinions aired and challenged than to have those opinions expressed in a more incendiary way.

Fury for example carries great stock in the Bible, so why not challenge on why he thinks what he thinks about homos, pedos and abortion as sinful acts, but is perfectly happy to say the things he’s said about Jessica Ennis and ring girls when the bible clearly says you shouldn’t lust or covet(also classed as sinful) yet Fury is judging them based on there looks?

All very true only was he really lusting after the girls or being cheeky and having a laugh... I think from the bibles perspective it means must not lust after girls and take advantage of their bodies for your own gratification and so forth.... I think there is a difference when you just joke around about how good some girls may look.

But again, you do not have to be a saint to be an xtian, just understand what sin is and recognise that, im sure he would admit he has sinned.. its when you deny its a sin you fail in that faith.

Im not saying he is perfect though..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 10 Dec 2015, 7:15 am

Do people even know what Freedom of Speech is? It does not allow you to say whatever you want, hate speech which this was is a crime.

I'm anything but liberal but that seems your one and only argument.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 10 Dec 2015, 7:48 am

Lets be honest though, a lot people are only getting their knickers in a twist because its tyson fury and he made a lot of people look like clowns. Pacquiao has expressed similar christian driven anti homosexuality views. Mayweather has done time for woman beating ( not saying they look good in a dress) and has had racist rants. People pick and choose what they want to be offended to based on their own preferences.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 10 Dec 2015, 8:38 am

And famously Mayweather has never been criticised!

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 10 Dec 2015, 9:14 am

If Fury wants to go around spouting homophobia and sexism he's fair game for comments back.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 10 Dec 2015, 9:48 am

Adam D wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Poor Fury!

#

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Surprise surprise Adam jumps to Fury's defence.

You really are an idiot arent you?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu 10 Dec 2015, 10:04 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Do people even know what Freedom of Speech is? It does not allow you to say whatever you want, hate speech which this was is a crime.

I'm anything but liberal but that seems your one and only argument.

Yes, most people do know what freedom of speech is, Hammer. The second sentence is key to the point most 'defending' Fury are making. Has he been convicted of a crime? Not yet, and I seriously doubt he will be. The police have a duty to investigate if a allegation is made but much like the woman that pressed charges against Katie Hopkins for making hurtful fat comments, it will probably be dropped in the end.

We have to have a certain degree of acceptance before we reach a point of suppressing freedom of speech or freedom of speech doesn't exist at all.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu 10 Dec 2015, 10:05 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:If Fury wants to go around spouting homophobia and sexism he's fair game for comments back.

No argument there.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Dec 2015, 10:12 am

tunes666 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

More bloody Nazi Talk....

You seem to be mistaking having an opinion and belief, to having a war, and killing people.

Further more, as I have just addressed in another post. Please do not regard anything that may be perceived as being "right wing" ...  When the left wing have killed more people than anyone, Stalin and Meo for a start.... they managed to that with out being right winged.

So the old WW2, dig up old horrible sh1t, ware REALLY thin.

You cant ban free speech because Hitler killed a Poopie load of people 75 years ago....  if free speech was good enough 10 years after ww2, 30 years after..... 50 years after. THEN ITS GOOD ENOUGH NOW.
Given Hitler famously expressed his opinions in a book that was "recommended reading" for his followers, I'd suggest that certain opinions and beliefs, can indeed lead to death and war and other such inconveniences....especially when some of the people reading/hearing them aren't intellectually equipped to process the information they're taking in.

And yet again, (although you do seem to be ignoring this point) I'm not saying Fury should be silenced, I'm saying he should be held accountable for his words. Even if, by some miracle, he was unaware of the potential damage his words could have, he should be taken aside and a few basic facts explained to him. However, I'm inclined to believe, given his previous run-in with the BBBofC over the type of language he's used, that he's simply a homophobe.

Don't silence him, educate him.

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu 10 Dec 2015, 10:21 am

Am I missing something?  It seems 99% of people on here agree he's an idiot saying idiotic things but don't think he should be prosecuted or silenced.  We also seem to agree it's better to debate and educate people like this and agree any criticism and backlash is par for the course.  If so, why is everyone in disagreement?

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 10 Dec 2015, 10:28 am

tunes666 wrote:

Just because they can be mutually exclusive, does not preclude you from being both dyslexic and dumb as a box of rocks. You provide plenty of evidence of both.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next