The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury is a role model

+32
No 7&1/2
Hammersmith harrier
Mayweathers cellmate
CaledonianCraig
milkyboy
Atila
TopHat24/7
Scottrf
TRUSSMAN66
seanmichaels
EX7EY
kingraf
DuransHorse
ONETWOFOREVER
ShahenshahG
Noble-Surfer
Adam D
Volcanicash
Duty281
hampo17
Rowley
3fingers
superflyweight
hazharrison
Dipper Brown
Herman Jaeger
Mr H
horizontalhero
Steffan
Shifty
Derbymanc
BoxingFan88
36 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Fury is a role model Empty Fury is a role model

Post by tunes666 Mon 07 Dec 2015, 1:24 am

Loved this interview.

[spoiler="https]

Just beat the greatest and now world champ, and the whole team still down to earth and cool guys. I don't know why he gets so many haters...

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Fury is a role model Empty Re: Fury is a role model

Post by Atila Mon 07 Dec 2015, 2:15 am

Here's another interview with Tyson Fury.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ViOwOJtVZY&index=2&list=UUdl_gZZR6BtKi45eHFGAduw

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 07 Dec 2015, 5:50 am

Definitely a roll model. Sausage or toilet? That's the question.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 07 Dec 2015, 8:25 am

milkyboy wrote:Definitely a roll model. Sausage or toilet? That's the question.

hahaha

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 07 Dec 2015, 9:34 am

Because of some of the things he says Tunes, you can't expect to spout off some of the views he has and not get crap for it.

Would I like the kids to emulate what he's done in the ring. Yeah not a problem.

Would I like them to act like him. Nope

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 07 Dec 2015, 9:47 am

Mayweather is a Shoulder roll model
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 07 Dec 2015, 1:01 pm

I don't like him at all, I was grateful he was at least polite and honorable after winning the belts, but he acted a complete prat before the fight and some of his interviews are just plain stupid.

All brawn and no brain sadly.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 07 Dec 2015, 2:34 pm

I like him..He's a big kid who despite all the big words and bluster wants to be loved..

He is basing himself on Ali but because he's thick has no idea how to go about it the right way..

I'll take his non pc views over the " Bruno tribute act" known as Joshua..

To me the......The seemingly produced "nice guy for bucks" performance wore thin 10 fights ago..

Fury doesn't know what he's saying or how insulting it is..

Because he's an idiot..But I don't see any malice in him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 07 Dec 2015, 4:06 pm

I like Fury. Boxing needs charisma and and a bit of WWE style eccentricity

"Oh but Fury uses bad language, acts like a maniac at times, dresses up as Batman, says he is going to be the best heavyweight ever" etc.

If that kind of stuff offends you then you really must be a boring git

"Oh but Joshua is a nice well spoken guy who shows intelligence and articulacy"

While no one likes a scumbag, regardless of whether his apparent good manor is real or just for show...I want to watch the guy punch people in the head and body for a living...not represent my political constituency

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Mon 07 Dec 2015, 7:32 pm

Why does it need WWE style eccentricity? The man is a prize prat , and by association it's bad for boxing, his comments are pitiful, not funny.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 07 Dec 2015, 8:05 pm

Homophobia and sexism doesn't make you a character, it makes you a bigot.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 07 Dec 2015, 9:30 pm

I agree ...but not when you're not sure what you're saying..

It's playground talk..

Talking about a guy with no education..

If he was educated he'd be scum...

It's not all black and white..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 08 Dec 2015, 2:01 am

Derbymanc wrote:Because of some of the things he says Tunes, you can't expect to spout off some of the views he has and not get crap for it.

Would I like the kids to emulate what he's done in the ring. Yeah not a problem.

But I think more people should do it as we are heading into a fascist society where there is no free speech. Free speech is freedom to offend. Offending people is not nor should be illegal.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 08 Dec 2015, 2:07 am

Rowley wrote:Homophobia and sexism doesn't make you a character, it makes you a bigot.

To my understanding homophobia would be if you cant deal with people who are gay, not get on with them or want to be around them.

Having a view that it is wrong (which many Christians do) does not mean you are homophobic.. As you can feel its not normal, or not right, but still respect Gay people as human beings.

Which is pretty much what Fury said... So with that I do not regard him as a Bigot.

And saying a woman looks good in a dress for me is compliment that she is very attractive... I do not see how that's sexist either. I think it was cheeky, but not sexist.

If the woman in question had said something like, "Fury looks good with his shirt off" ... no one would have said a thing...

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 08 Dec 2015, 8:41 am

The tunes666 wrote:
Rowley wrote:Homophobia and sexism doesn't make you a character, it makes you a bigot.

To my understanding homophobia would be if you cant deal with people who are gay, not get on with them or want to be around them.

Having a view that it is wrong (which many Christians do) does not mean you are homophobic..  As you can feel its not normal, or not right, but still respect Gay people as human beings.

Which is pretty much what Fury said... So with that I do not regard him as a Bigot.

And saying a woman looks good in a dress for me is compliment that she is very attractive... I do not see how that's sexist either.  I think it was cheeky, but not sexist.

If the woman in question had said something like, "Fury looks good with his shirt off" ... no one would have said a thing...

We might have suggested she tried specsavers

Tunes, I've always quite liked fury, but he grouped homosexuality together with paedophilia... How is that respecting gay people as human beings exactly?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 08 Dec 2015, 8:41 am

tunes666 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:Because of some of the things he says Tunes, you can't expect to spout off some of the views he has and not get crap for it.

But I think more people should do it as we are heading into a fascist society where there is no free speech. Free speech is freedom to offend.  Offending people is not nor should be illegal.

It actually is kind of illegal and has been for a number of years, i'm not sure what sort of society would allow or even encourage preaching hate. Free speech is a myth, it does not and never has existed, there are certain things that should not be said and comparing homosexuality with Paedophilia is one of them. There is a big difference between making a joke and hate speech.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 08 Dec 2015, 8:53 am

Just because we live in a society where we have relatively free speech (as HH has pointed out the idea of free speech is something of a myth) even if we can say certain things it does not mean we should. Farting in a crowded lift is not illegal, it does not mean it is something we should do. Common decency and consideration for others should prevent us doing it.

Am sorry, but comparing homosexuality to paedophilia is ignorant in the extreme and pretty much inexcusable.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 08 Dec 2015, 9:00 am

I don't know why everyone is up in arms. Surely a Christian saying your presence signals the rapture is complimentary? Look at all the great men who've been associated with the rapture
Obama
Pope John Paul II
Pope Francis
Charlamagne
Nero
Reagan
Pope Francis
Jay Z
Kanye West

Okay it admittedly gets dodgy towards the end
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 08 Dec 2015, 9:01 am

It doesn't start that strongly to be fair Raf

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 08 Dec 2015, 9:29 am

I don't think there is a worse crime than paedophilia...Not even murder. Taking an innocent kid with his life ahead of him and inflicting torture that lasts for the rest of his life...The ultimate sin and I could happily kick a culprit into oblivion.

The most unfortunate thing on here is that people are defending what Fury said...That's disgusting..

I don't think the guy has the capability to understand what he's saying and I'll cut him some slack for that reason only..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 08 Dec 2015, 9:37 am

The thing that's really disgusting is tunes retrospectively changing the spelling of roll in the thread title, in a blatant attempt to derail my excellent 'sausage or toilet?' Gag.

No wonder he's defending fury's comments, the man has no integrity!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 08 Dec 2015, 10:17 am

The irony here is that I believe the 'uneducated not the sharpest tool in the box Fury' actually knows exactly what he's doing and saying to create himself publicity. His statements are controversial but not necessarily offensive, articulate but not necessarily intelligent. Do you really think he cares about the SPOTY? He's just beaten Klitschko for the HW titles, he's arguably the sports hottest property in the country and everyone is talking about him, albeit for the wrong reasons, but negative publicity is better than no publicity at all. Hell, Mayweather was a woman beater and he's worshipped, so lets cut the guy some slack here....

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 08 Dec 2015, 11:52 am

I think there are a few things at play here:

Firstly, Fury’s comments are bizarre – I’m not a religious man but I also haven’t come across the views he espoused (allegedly scripture) previously. Misinterpretation perhaps? Do we have any theologians on here who can offer anything?

I do find it equally unsettling how the tabloid press have taken a somewhat condescending view on him (bearing in mind the nature of the rags they write for). Ok, he threatened Ollie Holt in jest (and Holt’s football journalist buddies jumped to his defence) but the hypocrisy at play absolutely reeks (Holt is on record as hailing Mike Tyson – good, choir boy Mike - as his sporting hero).

Travellers have their own way of life: women are generally second class citizens who stay home, look after kids and clean the caravan/house. Are Fury’s views on feminism really that surprising?
There’s a general theme running through these copious hand-wringing articles – middle class moralisers looking down their noses at Fury – a working class boxer – as though he’s a barbarian, a less-evolved being (which doesn’t sit right).

We’re used to a production line of clones who talk in athlete-speak. They rarely offend because they rarely say anything of interest. Klitschko has all the charisma of a hat stand. Fury is different, he’s honest and he’ll say whatever comes into his head. While you wince at some of his spiel (Klitschko as devil-worshipper?) he’s a far more interesting figure than we’re used to (think Andy Murray, think Lewis Hamilton…..then unthink the pair of them before they bore you into rigor mortis).

No-one can condone these comments but this is boxing – Ali had some crazy religious beliefs (white men – devils – were grown on an island somewhere) which are no longer held up in the same manner. I find the furore ridiculous.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Dec 2015, 11:56 am

fury has made it, he's made some money & doesnt give a toss now, why should he? all this garbage he's talking & the stuff with lewis, is just making his profile bigger and bigger, generating the media interest & making people despise him so much, that they will actually foolishly end up taking an interest in his fights from now on & ending up stupidly paying for them, wanting to see him get beat, while giving him more money in the process from the purchases, either ringside or on tv. it's a very clever plan. he knew the HW boxing division was dead before him with wlad, he's now doing everything he possibly can to bring the money back & fans back into the division.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 08 Dec 2015, 11:58 am

So that's alright then.....

Yep he's a clever man.. Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 08 Dec 2015, 12:01 pm

I don't believe Fury is playing a game (to gain fans) - he's just straight up. He says what he thinks with no filter. I don't think there's any other sportsman/woman like him.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 08 Dec 2015, 12:05 pm

There are plenty of stupid idiots out there... without so called role models equating gays to paedophiles...

It's provocative language....

Oliver Holt isn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth.....He did nothing wrong.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 08 Dec 2015, 12:14 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:There are plenty of stupid idiots out there... without so called role models equating gays to paedophiles...

It's provocative language....

Oliver Holt isn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth.....He did nothing wrong.

He reported what was said - fair enough. His hypocrisy in condemning Fury in the immediate aftermath of his victory was staggering in light of his views on Mike Tyson (his sporting hero he was honoured to meet). There was an agenda at play here (which flies in the face of objective journalism).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 08 Dec 2015, 12:15 pm

hazharrison wrote:Firstly, Fury’s comments are bizarre – I’m not a religious man but I also haven’t come across the views he espoused (allegedly scripture) previously. Misinterpretation perhaps? Do we have any theologians on here who can offer anything?

I'm surprised you haven't come across similar views. I've heard preachers say that people dying in natural events deserved it because of homosexuality in the country.

Not a theologian but:

"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."

"Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire."

http://www.openbible.info/topics/homosexuality

These texts are out of date and hateful themselves. Unfortunately religion is an area immune to criticism.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 08 Dec 2015, 12:17 pm

Boxing isnt really the place to look for role models. A role model seems to be just a manufactured product who undergoes media training and talks in cliches in any case.

Religion to me is generally a load of balls. Man made up crap thats a product of another millenia and has undergone constant revisionism.

Theres no doubt many major religions condemn homosexuality if taken from ancient writings. If going to pick and choose what should apply to constantly changing society then why not throw the lot of it out for what it is.

I dont think being a self publicist requires brains or intellegince either. Just the personality, will and character to do it.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 08 Dec 2015, 12:18 pm

milkyboy wrote:The thing that's really disgusting is tunes retrospectively changing the spelling of roll in the thread title, in a blatant attempt to derail my excellent 'sausage or toilet?' Gag.

Sorry Milky that was me, it was irritating me. The fact it also appears to have annoyed you I will just take as a happy by product.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 08 Dec 2015, 12:28 pm

catchweight wrote:Boxing isnt really the place to look for role models. A role model seems to be just a manufactured product who undergoes media training and talks in cliches in any case.

Gordon Gekko is no place to look for a role model but he spawned a whole new wave of yuppie raiders......Michael Douglas is always moaning about people coming up to him saying you were my inspiration for getting into wall street !! ..He keeps telling them that you're not supposed to like my character and that he went to jail....

But there we go..

Whether we like it or not people listen to their heroes......Look at Herman on here.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 08 Dec 2015, 12:37 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
catchweight wrote:Boxing isnt really the place to look for role models. A role model seems to be just a manufactured product who undergoes media training and talks in cliches in any case.

Gordon Gekko is no place to look for a role model but he spawned a whole new wave of yuppie raiders......Michael Douglas is always moaning about people coming up to him saying you were my inspiration for getting into wall street !! ..He keeps telling them that you're not supposed to like my character and that he went to jail....

But there we go..

Whether we like it or not people listen to their heroes......Look at Herman on here.

Who had a squeaky clean role model as a kid anyway? No kid that I know.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 08 Dec 2015, 12:39 pm

Didn't realise you could be a stock broker on wall street as a kid !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 08 Dec 2015, 12:40 pm

If a man lies with a man as with a woman..., got to remember that is just one line from one man(or group of thinkers) from one tribe which is probably linked to their fear of invasion, disease and the need for population expansion. Much shorter lifespans two thousand years ago. But let's keep it light eh?...

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 08 Dec 2015, 12:49 pm

Joseph had two different fathers...........

Heli according to Luke...........Jacob according to Matthew..

Jew-das (Judas)..The name of the guy who gave Jesus away isn't lost on many of us either....

Best not to take the bible too seriously me thinks...

In fairness a lot of practising christians and catholics don't..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 08 Dec 2015, 4:35 pm

This is spot on:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/boxing/12037200/Why-Tyson-Fury-shouldnt-be-thrown-off-the-Sports-Personality-of-the-Year-award-shortlist.html

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 08 Dec 2015, 4:41 pm

What you mean is...

That it's spot on in your opinion....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Dec 2015, 4:46 pm

Carry on like this and we facing having something worse...Tyson Fury the Victim or even Tyson Fury the Martyr. Dunno which I find more stomach churning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 08 Dec 2015, 4:57 pm

Fury should remain a nominee, let's face sports personality is a sporting achievement award, it ceased to be about personality the minute Nigel Mansell won it. Irrespective how unpalatable some of us find his views beating wlad was impressive and deserves recognition.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 08 Dec 2015, 5:27 pm

I think he should be allowed too.....

Probably win now with all this hullaboo..

Should win too................It's a great achievement unmatched by the competition..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 08 Dec 2015, 5:49 pm

I see what Truss means that Fury maybe doesn't comprehend the nature of the things he's saying.

Reminds me of the kind of kids I teach with poor home lives who yell offensive things in class they've heard their parents/older influences say. They know it's bad and they like the attention but they don't really know the context of what they're saying.

Fury seems desperate for attention, he says strange American slang terms that sound weird in his mouth. He's from Manchester yet identifies as Irish. He's a God fearing man but says pretty un Christian things. From the outside he seems like a bit of a mixed up guy.

Not defending the guy, just the way I interpret him. And as I've always said, if you're looking for a role model in a boxing ring, you might be looking in the wrong place.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 08 Dec 2015, 9:47 pm

Rowley wrote:
milkyboy wrote:The thing that's really disgusting is tunes retrospectively changing the spelling of roll in the thread title, in a blatant attempt to derail my excellent 'sausage or toilet?' Gag.

Sorry Milky that was me, it was irritating me. The fact it also appears to have annoyed you I will just take as a happy by product.

Making you happy is all I care about rowley

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 08 Dec 2015, 10:15 pm

hazharrison wrote:This is spot on:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/boxing/12037200/Why-Tyson-Fury-shouldnt-be-thrown-off-the-Sports-Personality-of-the-Year-award-shortlist.html

Well written article, just about on the money for me.

I don't cut fury slack for being thick because I don't think he is thick. I think historically he stage manages some stuff to keep his profile up and sell a few tickets.

The sexist homophobe stuff, I think is a mix of bizarre 'religious' views, his social background  and a desire to position himself as the man who dares to say what others only think. I'm all for a bit of tongue-in-cheek winding up of the PC brigade but sadly some of his comments are simply indefensible whatever his reason.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 08 Dec 2015, 10:36 pm

milkyboy wrote:
The tunes666 wrote:

Having a view that it is wrong (which many Christians do) does not mean you are homophobic..  As you can feel its not normal, or not right, but still respect Gay people as human beings.

And saying a woman looks good in a dress for me is compliment that she is very attractive... I do not see how that's sexist either.  I think it was cheeky, but not sexist.

We might have suggested she tried specsavers

Tunes, I've always quite liked fury, but he grouped homosexuality together with paedophilia... How is that respecting gay people as human beings exactly?

I don't think its fair to just see what he said as "grouping" , he did not place them together is a moral issue, he was talking about the legal aspects. Like I have addressed on another thread. We are already seeing signs of the laws being pushed to be more sympathetic to paedophilia.. And these are lobbied through some of the groups who done so for Gay rights, IE they use gay rights and such LGBT movements to slip in other "ideas". Two examples of this is Theresa May stating that she thinks convicted paedophiles should be able to work with children, and Patricia Hewitt agreeing to the age of consent to come down to 10 yo...

So I do not think Fury regards homosexuality as morally the same as paedophilia. He was referring to the legalisation process, and how he see's allot of paedophilia sympathising out there.. From a a religious perspective you can understand why he would think that way, as Homosexuality is regarded as a sin, no one has to like Christianity or Islam...so on... But as long as such views are not acted on then they can have their faiths..

It seems allot of what he said was miss quoted anyway..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 08 Dec 2015, 11:00 pm

Regardless of his level of intelligence or comprehension of what he's saying, his views on homosexuality are wrong.

Regardless of religious orientation, evolving standards of decency dictate that whatever your sexuality you are equal. That supersedes religion. You can't use your faith as a smokescreen, I'm afraid. Bigotry is bigotry.

I personally believe Fury doesn't fully comprehend the severity of his statements but they are unacceptable nonetheless.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 08 Dec 2015, 11:16 pm

Dipper Brown wrote:Regardless of his level of intelligence or comprehension of what he's saying, his views on homosexuality are wrong.

No, his view on homosexuality are in accordance to his religion, in which he has a right to have and which are correct in such context, whether we agree with his religion or not is our choice....

Regardless of religious orientation, evolving standards of decency dictate that whatever your sexuality you are equal. That supersedes religion. You can't use your faith as a smokescreen, I'm afraid. Bigotry is bigotry.
You are mistaking law with faith, I would agree forcing people by law to not be gay is utterly wrong... But viewing it as a sin is in accordance with the faith. And who is anyone to make another think differently, that would be bordering on outlawing religion... I'm not sure Atheists have proven any past utopia's to go around claiming they have a right to ban religions.

Separating state from Religion was indeed a good sign of evolving. Attacking Religious views and practice based on ones own opinions is Draconian.

I personally believe Fury doesn't fully comprehend the severity of his statements but they are unacceptable nonetheless.
I think he is completely aware and wanted to prove a point in how politically correct fascism is making a drag of western society.... As well as how despite how tolerant and easy going Christianity has been in resent generations, it gets allot of unfair stick, And this is coming from a guy who has often stuck the boot in my self..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Wed 09 Dec 2015, 12:48 am

Tunes, you're an apologist clutching at straws.

Fury's views aren't in accordance with his faith, they're his own interpretation. Furthermore, this wouldn't be a defence either way. You're accountable for your own thoughts so he shouldn't hide behind his 'faith'.

I see the man as a lost little boy who's found a sense of belonging as a God fearing man. He's decided to take his new found notoriety as an opportunity to spout his nonsense.

I wouldn't ask anyone to think any differently than they do but to preach is another matter entirely. He's asked us to change the channel if we don't like hearing him. Noted. I'll do the same for you.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Wed 09 Dec 2015, 2:08 am

Dipper Brown wrote:Tunes, you're an apologist clutching at straws.
That would indicate I think he done something wrong, I don't. He has hurt no one.

Fury's views aren't in accordance with his faith, they're his own interpretation.
No they are not, they are of his faith and its ridiculous to tell them its not. Yes religions do have differing interpretations, it does not mean everyone must be forced to follow one. There is the free church where gays/lezbains can be priests, as friend of mine used to be one. Then there is Catholicism who believe in the pope as a clergy while not all Christians do, But it does not make any of them wrong, just the ones they follow...

Furthermore, this wouldn't be a defence either way. You're accountable for your own thoughts so he shouldn't hide behind his 'faith'.
I see the man as a lost little boy who's found a sense of belonging as a God fearing man. He's decided to take his new found notoriety as an opportunity to spout his nonsense.
For many people their religious code is the way to live by, you have certain values you promote and certain ones you don't, as a Christian you believe in the code he has set forth for you, and there for you do use it as a bases on how to think and live. Again some people mock it and do not respect it. But people have a right to their religion. And while putting aside Gay peoples human rights and freedoms being respected, everyone is entitled to a view on the nature of it, as science it yet to really explain it fully.

I wouldn't ask anyone to think any differently than they do but to preach is another matter entirely. He's asked us to change the channel if we don't like hearing him. Noted. I'll do the same for you.
Well, you would not want to learn anything would you..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 09 Dec 2015, 7:11 am

It's part of my religion to point out you are a complete f>ckwit.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next