The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury v Ngannou confirmed...Will Fury be wary of Ngannou's unbeaten 0-0 (0) record ??

+10
Duty281
Volcanicash
Derek Smalls
88Chris05
eirebilly_01
Derbymanc
Soul Requiem
Marky
No name Bertie
TRUSSMAN66
14 posters

Go down

Fury v Ngannou confirmed...Will Fury be wary of Ngannou's unbeaten 0-0 (0) record ?? Empty Fury v Ngannou confirmed...Will Fury be wary of Ngannou's unbeaten 0-0 (0) record ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 11 Jul 2023, 3:52 pm

Just go and retire you waste of space.....Do us all a favor !!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Fury v Ngannou confirmed...Will Fury be wary of Ngannou's unbeaten 0-0 (0) record ?? Empty Re: Fury v Ngannou confirmed...Will Fury be wary of Ngannou's unbeaten 0-0 (0) record ??

Post by No name Bertie Tue 11 Jul 2023, 4:14 pm

Exhibition or "proper" fight /combat ?
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Fury v Ngannou confirmed...Will Fury be wary of Ngannou's unbeaten 0-0 (0) record ?? Empty Re: Fury v Ngannou confirmed...Will Fury be wary of Ngannou's unbeaten 0-0 (0) record ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 11 Jul 2023, 4:21 pm

No name Bertie wrote:Exhibition or "proper" fight /combat ?

Does it matter ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 11 Jul 2023, 4:49 pm

It's a professional fight, but it's not for the WBC Title (as Ngannou is unsurprisingly unranked)

I'm not quite sure why there's so much outrage. It's not like Fury has another fight lined up. Usyk has Dubois and then Joyce or Zhang as mandatory defences, AJ and Whyte are facing each other, and the WBC are still trying to decide the next mandatory for Fury anyway.

So if Fury wants to do this fight to make some more money, for me it's no different to him stepping back from Boxing to do WWE

Marky

No name Bertie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 11 Jul 2023, 5:09 pm

Marky wrote:

It's a professional fight, but it's not for the WBC Title (as Ngannou is unsurprisingly unranked)

I'm not quite sure why there's so much outrage. It's not like Fury has another fight lined up. Usyk has Dubois and then Joyce or Zhang as mandatory defences, AJ and Whyte are facing each other, and the WBC are still trying to decide the next mandatory for Fury anyway.

So if Fury wants to do this fight to make some more money, for me it's no different to him stepping back from Boxing to do WWE

So his one fight this year after the oft-beaten shell Derek Chisora last December is a UFC fighter and you don't see the problem..

i can see why Boxing is dying..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 11 Jul 2023, 6:02 pm

Name someone credible who he could fight this year instead, bearing in mind the fighters tied up in other fights (Usyk v Dubois, Joshua v Whyte, Joyce v Zhang II, Ruiz v Wilder planned by the WBC as a final eliminator)

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 11 Jul 2023, 6:04 pm

So his choices are to stay inactive and wait for AJ/Usyk, or do the Ngannou fight while he waits.

I'm not going to pretend the reason they're fighting other people isn't because Fury keeps dicking around with negotiations Laugh but this is the position he's now in, so what difference does it make when he's now waiting for other fights to happen before he can defend his WBC Title?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 11 Jul 2023, 6:15 pm

The Ring Magazine Top Heavyweights Fury could face (in order of ranking);

Usyk (busy)
Wilder (beat 3 times already)
Joshua (busy)
Zhang (busy)
Ruiz (due to fight Wilder)
Whyte (busy)
Joyce (busy)

Luis Ortiz is next on that list and he's 44 years old.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Tue 11 Jul 2023, 6:26 pm

Some people seem to think this is an interesting match up but would prefer Ngannou fight someone like a Chisora first. The important thing was that this was not an exhibition match which would then be meaningless.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jul 2023, 6:26 pm

Bruh...what the f...

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 11 Jul 2023, 6:45 pm

Marky wrote:Name someone credible who he could fight this year instead, bearing in mind the fighters tied up in other fights (Usyk v Dubois, Joshua v Whyte, Joyce v Zhang II, Ruiz v Wilder planned by the WBC as a final eliminator)

They're all tied up with other fights because Fury is a coward and won't fight them, not the other way round.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 11 Jul 2023, 6:53 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
Marky wrote:Name someone credible who he could fight this year instead, bearing in mind the fighters tied up in other fights (Usyk v Dubois, Joshua v Whyte, Joyce v Zhang II, Ruiz v Wilder planned by the WBC as a final eliminator)

They're all tied up with other fights because Fury is a coward and won't fight them, not the other way round.

I agree it's Fury's fault. I dont agree any of them are cowards.

Marky

Derbymanc likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 12 Jul 2023, 8:42 am

Marky wrote:

the outrage is because he fought Chisora as a warm up, promised everyone he'd face Usyk next, then faffed about trying to force Usyk to say no, fortunately he was having none of it, agreed to all the demands and Fury still pulled out.

He's had the options to face Ruiz, Joshua and such and has swerved them all.

He's lost a ton of fans over the last 6 months which is a massive shame as he started to show he did have the talent but all the good will he made has now gone and 99 percent of boxing fans have had enough.

This 'fight' will do no numbers and be filled with freebies, if that.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 12 Jul 2023, 8:42 am

Again he's had the option to fight most of them and has swerved it all

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 12 Jul 2023, 9:25 am

Derbymanc wrote:

Again he's had the option to fight most of them and has swerved it all

I'm not denying it's a mess of his own making.

Everyone called his bluff and now he has no credible opponent but needs to fight to stay active.

So he either fights a nobody for not very much money, or he fights Ngannou for the silly amounts the Saudis will pay, while he waits for Usyk (realistically)

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly_01 Wed 12 Jul 2023, 9:42 am

My question is, Fury has always demanded more money because he thinks he is the biggest draw card. In losing so many fans by all the faffing, swerving and taking on non boxers will he be able to demand the biggest cut now as most fans do not support him now?

That said, he will want the most money again as he will state that he is the biggest draw card still as people want to see him beaten.

eirebilly_01

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 12 Jul 2023, 12:25 pm

Derbymanc wrote:
Marky wrote:

The useless Tommy Fury did decent numbers apparently taking on Jake Paul so I wouldn't be so sure......If this garbage is the way Boxing is going then titles will become secondary to seeking out gobby Social media types with lots of followers....

The alphabet boys won't be able to give their titles away....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Thu 13 Jul 2023, 12:11 am

No holds barred video comment on this & the state of boxing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dRHL1nj0tE&ab_channel=ThePainGame&t=64s
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 13 Jul 2023, 9:03 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:
Marky wrote:

The useless Tommy Fury did decent numbers apparently taking on Jake Paul so I wouldn't be so sure......If this garbage is the way Boxing is going then titles will become secondary to seeking out gobby Social media types with lots of followers....

Jake Pauls a famous youtuber though, Outside of MMA who knows of Nggannu (I have no idea who he is tbh). I think we can only thank our lucky stars Fury and Warren weren't smart enough to grab a youtuber to fight cause i have no doubt they would have done whilst claiming it as a total win for the Heavyweight Champ.

If he wanted to do something really different he should have signed up to fight in MMA rather than in a boxing ring.

Sorry Marky, there's no excuse for this at all, and whilst i don't really like to say it anyone that does pay for it is not a boxing fan and is part of the reason the sport is going down the tubes.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 13 Jul 2023, 9:33 am

Derbymanc wrote:Sorry Marky, there's no excuse for this at all, and whilst i don't really like to say it anyone that does pay for it is not a boxing fan and is part of the reason the sport is going down the tubes.

I'm not excusing it fully, he's caused the mess of having nobody to fight because every top contender is done with his BS Laugh

My viewpoint is, if fighting Ngannou earns him tens of millions more than fighting an up and comer in the WBC rankings that nobody outside of boxing has heard of, while he has to wait for one of the top contenders to become available again, does it really matter?

I'll not be paying to watch Fury v Ngannou, but if I'm honest, I'd be more interested in seeing it than I would be for another Fury v Tom Schwarz level of opponent.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Thu 13 Jul 2023, 12:07 pm

The noise this has created on social media / independent media among boxing and MMA commentators and pundits has gone through the ceiling which is feeding into social media in general.  It seems that this is potentially going to be enormous (as a circus).  In the independent boxing world Fury and the WBC are being absolutely slated.   There is a lot of happiness for Ngannou who will be receiving a huge pay day.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 13 Jul 2023, 1:18 pm

Derbymanc wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:
Marky wrote:

Jake Pauls a famous youtuber though, Outside of MMA who knows of Nggannu (I have no idea who he is tbh). I think we can only thank our lucky stars Fury and Warren weren't smart enough to grab a youtuber to fight cause i have no doubt they would have done whilst claiming it as a total win for the Heavyweight Champ..

Have to remember Derby....50,000 went to see Fury v Chisora 3 with a dreadful undercard.....So there are many gullible Charlies out there.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 17 Jul 2023, 8:06 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:
Marky wrote:

Jake Pauls a famous youtuber though, Outside of MMA who knows of Nggannu (I have no idea who he is tbh). I think we can only thank our lucky stars Fury and Warren weren't smart enough to grab a youtuber to fight cause i have no doubt they would have done whilst claiming it as a total win for the Heavyweight Champ..

that is the worry bud, we say it everytime something like this happens but we gotta keep hoping that the numbers tank cause until they do it will keep happening

Have to remember Derby....50,000 went to see Fury v Chisora 3 with a dreadful undercard.....So there are many gullible Charlies out there.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 17 Jul 2023, 8:28 am

What a sell-out Fury has become. The guy who once dogged out the likes of Haye, Mayweather and Joshua for indulging in all the behaviours which has brought boxing to its knees - inactivity, cherry picking, chasing easy pay days and fame at the expense of legacy and whoring themselves out to commercialism - is now guilty of all of these to the nth degree.

Goes without saying, in a just sport he'd be stripped by the WBC for going a year without defending. "Muh no mandatory" and all that jazz. Well I'm sure we remember the days where, even if you didn't have a mandatory, you were expected to take a voluntary against anyone rated inside the organisation's top 15 in the meantime and we're stripped if you still went a year without defending, unless you had a valid reason not to.

More to the point, the Heavyweight champion of the world is fighting exhibitions against a guy who has never boxed. That alone should be grounds for stripping. What Fury's doing is nigh-on bringing the title into disrepute.

But hey.... he's getting paid and that's all that matters, apparently.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Volcanicash and Derbymanc like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Mon 17 Jul 2023, 11:40 am

The problem is more with the WBC than Tyson Fury.    How many breakdowns has Fury had, how many times has he retired, how many times has he come out of retirement?  The problem is a boxing world and a media and social media consumerist world that prop him up and take him seriously and go along with every childish tantrum and decision he makes.   He makes himself richer, keeps himself in the public eye, and lots of people love talking about him and making money out of that noise.  Someone said he has a Netflix show like that of  "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" and "The Osbournes" - not sure if that is true.

Quick internet search and I find this
https://www.netflix.com/tudum/articles/tyson-fury-netflix-documentary-at-home-with-the-furys

So it looks like this Ngannou encounter could form the central theme around Series Two (or Three) of "At Home With The Furys".    Ngannou has an interesting back story so I guess they will work that into the show as well.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 17 Jul 2023, 2:17 pm

No name Bertie wrote:The problem is more with the WBC than Tyson Fury.    How many breakdowns has Fury had, how many times has he retired, how many times has he come out of retirement?  The problem is a boxing world and a media and social media consumerist world that prop him up and take him seriously and go along with every childish tantrum and decision he makes.   He makes himself richer, keeps himself in the public eye, and lots of people love talking about him and making money out of that noise.  Someone said he has a Netflix show like that of  "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" and "The Osbournes" - not sure if that is true.

Quick internet search and I find this
https://www.netflix.com/tudum/articles/tyson-fury-netflix-documentary-at-home-with-the-furys

So it looks like this Ngannou encounter could form the central theme around Series Two (or Three) of "At Home With The Furys".    Ngannou has an interesting back story so I guess they will work that into the show as well.

The problem is with both.........Fury/Warren have said nobody will fight them....Number 4 Sanchez and other members of the top 10 have offered.....But according to Warren they bring no money....

So when has that ever been allowed to be an excuse ???.....Dennis Andries and a million others should never have had a shot a title because they brought no value..

It's crap....Fury slagging off criticism as folk being jealous of his money is pathetic.......The WBC ??? Well they wouldn't give Douglas the title after Tyson because he was worthless.......Only pressure from the media changed that...

It's a stain on Boxing how a guy will only fight a stiff in Chisora and a 'gimmick' in over 18 months and get away with it.

TRUSSMAN66

Volcanicash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 08 Sep 2023, 2:44 pm

Fury is so dumb it's unbelievable..

"No rematch clause for N'gannou because once you beat a guy that should be it"

Chisora x 3...

TRUSSMAN66

Volcanicash likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Sat 09 Sep 2023, 5:46 pm

Should he lose ,Fury will be leaving the sport of boxing quicker than the museum staff at five minutes to five. That way he gets to stay “ undefeated”. Load of toss.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcanicash Tue 24 Oct 2023, 5:46 pm

I never thought there would be a title fight more unworthy than Haye v Harrison....until now.

Volcanicash

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcanicash Tue 24 Oct 2023, 5:57 pm

Realising now it's not a actual title fight, Its' still pathetic that the world champion is entertaining a fight like this. I know some people thought he was a joke before, but now he is a laughing stock.

Volcanicash

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 29 Oct 2023, 12:01 am

Ngannou has dropped Fury. More chance of me fighting Uysk in December than Fury.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 29 Oct 2023, 12:26 am

Went all the way to the final bell. Scored it a draw, personally, but would be amazed if Ngannou got the decision.

Fury looked dreadful. Ngannou's conditioning was really impressive, although he coasted the final two rounds.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 29 Oct 2023, 12:30 am

Fury wins a split decision. He won't be fighting Uysk in December, or March, unless he wants to get schooled.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Sun 29 Oct 2023, 1:15 am

Ngannou provided all the excitement and danger and although Fury won by split decision and the narrowest of margins - Ngannou was seen as the victor by most of the spectators.  Ngannou has the power, the timing, a fair amount of boxing skills and a decent level of stamina. Some were saying that Fury's knees have gone.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 29 Oct 2023, 7:06 am

Ngannou getting the full boxing experience of a dodgy loss on points to the cash cow.

Kinda doubted Fury would ever fight Usyk but probably started training for this yesterday
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sun 29 Oct 2023, 7:42 am

I didn't watch the fight so cannot really give an opinion on whether Fury was poor or if Ngannou was better than expected. However, as it was Ngannou's first professional fight, is it still a certainty that Fury will beat Joshua? If Ngannou can cause Fury so many problems and run him close, then not only is a Joshua victory not a certainty for Fury, but a Usyk victory isn't a sure thing either.

Also, I want to add that Joshua losing to fat guy, Andy Ruiz and now Fury struggling to beat a guy in his first professional fight shows that heavyweights aren't as superior to heavyweight fighters of the past as people seem to think they are.

Atila

Volcanicash and Derek Smalls like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sun 29 Oct 2023, 9:35 am

I'd held off writing boxing's obituary but after last night I think it's safe to say that the sport is dead. When the heavyweight champion needs a gift* to beat an amateur it's beyond help.

Fury has always been an embarrassment to the sport and the fact society seems to value such low lives is unfathomable.

* or blatant corruption

Soul Requiem

Volcanicash and Derek Smalls like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 29 Oct 2023, 11:57 am

Fury thought he could jab and grab a mixed martial artist lmao.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 29 Oct 2023, 12:14 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/67255102

Warren saying Fury-Uysk won't happen in December. Maybe March, instead.

Wow, huge shock, couldn't see that happening in a million, trillion years.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Mochyn du Sun 29 Oct 2023, 2:29 pm

I didn't see the fight and am in no way sorry about that but from the weigh in photos it looks as if Fury didn't even train for the fight so it doesn't necessarily have any bearing on how Fury would do against Usyk.

If Usyk could beat Fury it would be great for boxing but I think the Fury team are waiting for Usyk to get too old.

Mochyn du

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Sun 29 Oct 2023, 5:56 pm

Derek Smalls wrote:Should he lose ,Fury will be leaving the sport of boxing quicker than the museum staff at five minutes to five. That way he gets to stay “ undefeated”. Load of toss.
He did lose and yet he got the decision, so he can haul his shot carcass over to Saudi , and as I have long predicted he will lose to Usyk .I think I’m leaving my interest in this sport sooner than a librarian at 4.55.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 30 Oct 2023, 8:45 am

I think Fury probably did enough to edge a win tbh, certainly under the generally accepted etiquette of "taking the belt from the champ", its had to make a case that Ngannou "took"  five rounds from Fury.

I'd also wait before calling this "embarassing" for boxing. We've seen world title challenger level MMA guys lose YouTubers for the last 2-3 years, so I'm not convinced this proves anything other than how exceptional an athlete Francis really is. Lest we forget the guy went from Debut to fighting for a UFC world title in five years, WITHOUT a competitive martial arts background. He wasn't a kid either, he was 28 when he started MMA professionally. I'm also not convinced fighting at the absolute top of the mixed martial arts isn't better preparation than fighting 10 tomato cans to get to a 10-0 record. Especially for someone like Ngannou who was strike focused AND has basically openly said what he really wants is to be the boxing world champion of the world. Add to that the reality that the heavyweight division is the "might makes right" division of the combat world, where power neutralises advantages a lot more than other divisions, and suddenly you had the recipe a better than expected performance.

What it did show me though, is that Fury is a tinge bit overrated. That night against Klitschko was 8 years ago. He's 30lbs heavier than he was that night. Both elbows have been surgically repaired. His yo-yoing in-between fights does him no good, and he clearly didn't take this fight seriously. Also, again, for some reason he thought he could out clinch an MMA fighter. He probably walks fight 9-1 with the odd hairy moment if he just did the stick-and-move schtick he did until 2020, but I don't think that Tyson Fury is athletically there anymore.

Usyk would have dog-walked him this weekend based on this showing, but Fury has in the past shown this level of inconsistency relative to the ability of the fighter he's fighting.
One of the reason I imagine Wilder took the fight was because he saw Fury only get a decision against Pianeta, who got sparked by the corpse of Kevin Johnson. Then he preceded the second Wilder fight, which was objectively a masterclass with a naff performance vs Otto Wallin, who landed more shots on him than anyone in before or after.

He could still beat or challenge Usyk, but the fact that (as Fury  revealed when he said he'd take Usyk to court if he didn't meet the the Dec 23 date) the fight date seems to be a set in stone means it's a really tight turnaround, he's not going to have a full camp. This has all the ingredients of a cash out fight by a guy who is both physically and mentally not there anymore. And fair play, $150m for two fights is a helluva cash out
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 30 Oct 2023, 3:00 pm

It seems obvious Fury didn't take Ngannou seriously, but despite all the criticism of Fury doing this fight instead of fighting an actual boxer, he ended up in a much tougher fight than he got from Dillian Whyte or Dereck Chisora. Earned his money the hard way and it's karma in a way.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 31 Oct 2023, 10:54 am

Think Saturday showed how basic Heavy fighters are these days......

Skill went out the window with Lennox leaving.....

Left years ago with maulers like Wlad and his bro and here we are with the top 4........Fury a bouncing decent level slob..Usyk a blown up Cruiser...AJ a poor Man's Bruno and Wilder an amateur with a punch....

Sad really when you see derided guys from the 80s like Tubbs, Page, Dokes with good footwork...Decent engines and the ability to throw combinations.......Skills acquired from taking on the best Cubans for years before turning pro..

I should be laughing that the WBC have put Ngannou with his 0-1 record in the Top 10 but I think it's justified..

Think he beats everybody but the Top 5.........and even then I give him a chance with Zhang...AJ and Wilder........He'd also give Usyk a better fight than Dubois....Similar fighter but with heart.

We are where we are and I agree with Soul's post....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Tue 31 Oct 2023, 12:05 pm

Tyson Fury is the same boxer as he was before the fight as he was during the fight.  Ngannou was and is a genuine heavyweight boxer with boxing skills and good ring IQ.   Ngannou gave Fury a better fight than Chisora, Whyte and Wilder.  

Ngannou had great posture, good defense, fought on the back foot, protected his chin, he read Fury's feints - he could tell the difference between Fury's feints and when he was loading up to punch him - coped with Fury switching stances (orthodox/southpaw), switched stances himself being at ease with both, remained relaxed.  He countered Fury well and in the holds and clinches held his own and pushed back.  

It is Ngannou that needs to be reassessed rather than Tyson Fury and this generation of heavyweight boxers in which Fury is top / joint top at least in appearances needs to be reassessed.  The fact that heavyweights are inactive, avoid each other and avoid risky fights means there is a lack of development and insight.   DDD turned out to be a "bum", Joyce was found out by Zhang ...  

ps: Maybe there is an issue with the amateur ranks as well when a lot of the development takes place - compared to in the past.  In the past you hear of boxers having regular fights maybe over a hundred fights.   Nowadays they tend to start late, have  a short amateur career - which seems to be based on whether one can make it to the Olympics - and then into the professional arena to make the money.

pps: most spectators thought Ngannou won.   Now I am listening to some boxing journalists that know how to score a fight and that have gone back to reassess what happened - one scored it 96-93 another 95-94 both for Ngannou.  They recognized that there were a few rounds where it was really close.  Now I am listening to Teddy Atlas.  He recognized that there were many close rounds and that Ngannou threw the more meaningful / dangerous punches, while Ngannou had a great chin which meant he took Fury's power punches without it affecting him.   He says Fury nicked many of the close rounds and scored it 97-93 in Fury's favour.

ppps: We know that Tyson Fury has a great chin.  Deontay Wilder has knocked everyone out he has faced (some on a rematch) but wasn't able to knock out Fury although Fury was knocked down five times.  I reckon the Ngannou punch which was clean onto Fury's temple would have knocked out the majority of heavyweight fighters - certainly AJ would have been knocked out or permanently buzzed like in the AJ - Ruiz Jr first fight.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down