The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QF2: New Zealand v France, 17 October

+59
21st Century Schizoid Man
Barney McGrew did it
VinceWLB
SimonofSurrey
demosthenes
Rugby Fan
glamorganalun
TightHEAD
milkyboy
trebellbobaggins
kingraf
Duty281
Cloggie
Sgt_Pooly
TJ
quinsforever
Cardiff Dave
Good Golly I'm Olly
Fernando
westisbest
Engine#4
AFewTooManyKnocks
ALPanorak
Cyril
R!skysports
eirebilly
Pal Joey
RDW
BamBam
nathan
nobbled
ME-109
Rory_Gallagher
RubyGuby
Taylorman
hugehandoff
screamingaddabs
goneagain
offload
doctor_grey
SecretFly
Artful_Dodger
mikey_dragon
wales606
Notch
LondonTiger
disneychilly
blackcanelion
No 7&1/2
emack2
Fantasticbarnsmell
rodders
whocares
yappysnap
majesticimperialman
dallym
aucklandlaurie
maestegmafia
George Carlin
63 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

QF2: New Zealand v France, 17 October - Page 7 Empty QF2: New Zealand v France, 17 October

Post by George Carlin Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

QF2: New Zealand v France, 17 October - Page 7 Nz_pro13     QF2: New Zealand v France, 17 October - Page 7 France12
NEW ZEALAND v FRANCE

17 October 2015
KO: 20:00 BST (UTC+01)
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff

Live on telly

Ref: Nigel Owens (Wales)
ARs: Jaco Peyper (South Africa) and John Lacey (Ireland)
TMO: Shaun Veldsman (South Africa)

A. Head to Head

55 Played 55
42 Won 12
1 Drawn 1
12 Lost 42
1,345 Points 713

B. Recent Form

9 November 2013
Stade de France, Saint-Denis
19 – 26 to New Zealand

22 June 2013
Yarrow Stadium, New Plymouth
24 – 9 to New Zealand

15 June 2013
Rugby League Park, Christchurch
30 – 0 to New Zealand

8 June 2013
Eden Park, Auckland
23 – 13 to New Zealand

23 October 2011
Eden Park, Auckland
8 – 7 to New Zealand

24 September 2011
Eden Park, Auckland
37 – 17 to New Zealand

28 November 2009
Stade Vélodrome, Marseille
12 – 39 to New Zealand

20 June 2009
Westpac Stadium, Wellington
14 – 10 to New Zealand

13 June 2009
Carisbrook, Dunedin
22 – 27 to France

6 October 2007
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff, Wales
18 – 20 to France

C. TEAMS:

NEW ZEALAND
QF2: New Zealand v France, 17 October - Page 7 Daniel10
Ben Smith; Nehe Milner-Skudder, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Julian Savea; Dan Carter, Aaron Smith; Wyatt Crockett, Dane Coles, Owen Franks, Brodie Retallick, Sam Whitelock, Jerome Kaino, Richie McCaw (capt), Kieran Read.

Replacements: Keven Mealamu, Joe Moody, Charlie Faumuina, Victor Vito, Sam Cane, Tawera Kerr-Barlow, Beauden Barrett, Sonny Bill Williams

FRANCE
QF2: New Zealand v France, 17 October - Page 7 Elodie10
Scott Spedding; Noa Nakaitaci, Alexandre Dumoulin, Wesley Fofana, Brice Dulin; Frederic Michalak, Morgan Parra; Eddy Ben Arous, Guilhem Guirado, Rabah Slimani, Pascal Pape, Yoann Maestri, Thierry Dusautoir (capt), Bernard Le Roux, Louis Picamoles.

Replacements: Dimitri Szarzewski, Vincent Debaty, Nicolas Mas, Damien Chouly, Yannick Nyanga, Rory Kockott, Remi Tales, Mathieu Bastareaud

Last edited by George Carlin on Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:10 am; edited 2 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

QF2: New Zealand v France, 17 October - Page 7 Empty Re: QF2: New Zealand v France, 17 October

Post by Pal Joey Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:46 am

That's all you guys ever talk about. So monotonously.

Ma'a so close. He deserved to score there.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

QF2: New Zealand v France, 17 October - Page 7 Empty Re: QF2: New Zealand v France, 17 October

Post by TightHEAD Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:48 am

Boy Wales were lucky to go out today.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:49 am

Well that's NZ's "Final" revenge match against France done and dusted. It's all downhill from now. Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:50 am

What a hammering, AB v Aust final

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:50 am

Beaudie on for Milner -Skudder.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:50 am

TJ wrote:
quinsforever wrote:yellow and reversing the decision? thats a double penalty

Orginal pen against McCaw for holding the ball on the ground.  reversed for foul play.  100% right

Correct although I still macaw should of got a yellow

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:51 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:
nathan wrote:Was that last pass forward?

Most likely. Ref can't be blamed for giving those however. We are all on the wrong end of those close calls at times.
I think it was still marginally forward but you'd have to let that one go in the context of the game.

I've noticed that most NH posters (save Notch and a couple of others) seem to want to talk about the ref and the rules.
Us southerners seem more interested in the game itself... for all of its little imperfections.

It's a fair point loaded, but when you're English, and your team got dumped out of the tournament, playing crap you feel you have the right to sow misery on someone else's party.

Can't agree with the OK in the context of the game bit though. It was forward, clearly, they had half a look and then let Carter decide!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:52 am

aucklandlaurie wrote:Beaudie on for Milner -Skudder.

I think you're a bit behind play!

*spoiler alert - if doesn't end well for NZ Very Happy *

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:53 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:That's all you guys ever talk about. So monotonously.

Oh stop being so precious, New Zealand are an amazing team and get plenty of praise

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:53 am

As groundskeeper willie might say:

"Au revoir, ya cheese eatin surrender monkeys"

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:55 am

nathan wrote:

Oh stop being so precious, New Zealand are an amazing team and get plenty of praise

Not being precious at all. You just don't seem to give them as much praise as others do. Wink

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:56 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:
nathan wrote:

Not being precious at all. You just don't seem to give them as much praise as others do. Wink

I've given them plenty of praise, just ignore the on here who by the looks of it must be peed

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:57 am

Notch wrote:
ebop wrote:Damn

Still think my pre-game prediction of NZ by 25 points was over-egging them? Smile
Notch, I'm surprised with the result, I truly am.

I didn't know which AB team would turn up. The fumbly one or the catchy one.  This result is very significant for us for a few reasons. We are taking this RWC seriously.

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:58 am

Great display by the mighty Blacks

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:58 am

I see the French team is doing a lap around the stadium to thank their fans.

Presumably, All Black players and supporters are going to ridicule them for doing so in the same way they did to England after Old Trafford in 1997.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:59 am

In all honesty, Loaded Dog is certainly right about Nathan, every flipping comment he makes on this site is a moan about something. Laugh

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:01 am

Rory_Gallagher wrote:In all honesty, Loaded Dog is certainly right about Nathan, every flipping comment he makes on this site is a moan about something. Laugh

Guessing you've just read this last page of comments and not the whole thread....

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:01 am

Awesome display. Ok this is not the best french team ever but really - what a stuffing. Is that the highest score yet in the WC? where do you attack the ABs?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:01 am

Rugby Fan wrote:I see the French team is doing a lap around the stadium to thank their fans.

Well, a few of them were and they were getting a good booing for their efforts, which isn't good to see.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:03 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
Rugby Fan wrote:I see the French team is doing a lap around the stadium to thank their fans.

Well, a few of them were and they were getting a good booing for their efforts, which isn't good to see.

Think the French fans were booing PSA when he came up on the big screen.

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:06 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:

As was said on television, the boo's seemed to be when St. Andre was being interviewed on the big screen.  So may be not aimed at the players.

Last edited by demosthenes on Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:08 am

nathan wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:In all honesty, Loaded Dog is certainly right about Nathan, every flipping comment he makes on this site is a moan about something. Laugh

Guessing you've just read this last page of comments and not the whole thread....

I don't have to, I have to read your posts almost every day on here! Wink

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:10 am

Presumably, All Black players and supporters are going to ridicule them for doing so in the same way they did to England after Old Trafford in 1997.

Why would we do that?

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:11 am

Feeling pretty relieved. Roll on South Africa next week.

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:14 am

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
nathan wrote:

Nobody is forcing you to!

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:14 am

TJ wrote:

Orginal pen against McCaw for holding the ball on the ground.  reversed for foul play.  100% right

Picamoles deserved yellow for putting his fist into McCaw's face (he didn't hit him, if he had R McCaw might still be unconscious). But the whole issue arose only because McCaw, after being blown for one offence, then deliberately clung on to the ball to stop the French s/h taking a quick pen if he chose to. In other words he gained an illegal advantage in a frustrating and illegal way. In the heat of the moment, Picamoles gesture was 100% wrong but understandable For having provoked the whole thing before and after the whistle, McCaw deserved yellow too, while the penalty should still have been reversed for Picamoles' foul play.

SH posters may jump on me here with howls of (?self-righteous) indignation. But there is an important gap between the letter of the law and the spirit of the game. It is surely wrong that a player who deliberately breaks the rules then does so again after the whistle somehow gains an advantage from his actions.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:18 am

blackcanelion wrote:

Why would we do that?

Only you would know - but you did. Pity, because the England team were actually performing a lap of thanks to the Manchester crowd who, having been given a rare chance to host the national team, had responded by coming in large numbers and giving loud support to the England team. It had nothing to do with the result on the day.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:21 am

blackcanelion wrote:Feeling pretty relieved. Roll on South Africa next week.

You must be mighty relieved, cane. The machine certainly did click into gear as we knew it could.
It's going to be a colossal semi final with SA next week.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:22 am

Just back from the pub where we watched. mY goodness. What a drubbing. At least France were competitive until kickoff...............

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:24 am

Georgia, Namibia and Tonga put up a better showing than that

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:24 am

Well done NZ. Awesome mercyless performance. We were badly exposed as I feared We would be.
No doubt you're going all the way if you maintain that level of intensity and skills.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:34 am

nathan wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
nathan wrote:

I jest good sir, it would be a very quiet forum without yourself and a few other prominent posters. Smile

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:36 am

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
nathan wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
nathan wrote:

I jest good sir, it would be a very quiet forum without yourself and a few other prominent posters. Smile  

Not only that Rory... we'd be able to hear ourselves think. Imagine how nice that would be?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:41 am

Gotta love Dan Carter on French TV : " tonight it was maybe a bit too easy for us.. " Laugh

Probably what Moody thought when he could easily catch Kockott who was only on the pitch for 10 minutes!

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:51 am

SimonofSurrey wrote:
TJ wrote:

Picamoles deserved yellow for putting his fist into McCaw's face (he didn't hit him, if he had R McCaw might still be unconscious). But the whole issue arose only because McCaw, after being blown for one offence, then deliberately clung on to the ball to stop the French s/h taking a quick pen if he chose to. In other words he gained an illegal advantage in a frustrating and illegal way. In the heat of the moment, Picamoles gesture was 100% wrong but understandable  For having provoked the whole thing before and after the whistle, McCaw deserved yellow too, while the penalty should still have been reversed for Picamoles' foul play.

SH posters may jump on me here with howls of (?self-righteous) indignation. But there is an important gap between the letter of the law and the spirit of the game. It is surely wrong that a player who deliberately breaks the rules then does so again after the whistle somehow gains an advantage from his actions.      

Same thing happened in the Scotland - Samoa game - Samoan holds Ryan Wilson off the ball and Wilson lashes out with the boot. Yellow for Wilson, Samoan guy didn't even get a talking to!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:57 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
SimonofSurrey wrote:
TJ wrote:

Picamoles deserved yellow for putting his fist into McCaw's face (he didn't hit him, if he had R McCaw might still be unconscious). But the whole issue arose only because McCaw, after being blown for one offence, then deliberately clung on to the ball to stop the French s/h taking a quick pen if he chose to. In other words he gained an illegal advantage in a frustrating and illegal way. In the heat of the moment, Picamoles gesture was 100% wrong but understandable  For having provoked the whole thing before and after the whistle, McCaw deserved yellow too, while the penalty should still have been reversed for Picamoles' foul play.

Same thing happened in the Scotland - Samoa game - Samoan holds Ryan Wilson off the ball and Wilson lashes out with the boot. Yellow for Wilson, Samoan guy didn't even get a talking to!

Similar thing happened in the Australia - England game - Australian dives recklessly into maul and Brown lashes out with fist. Yellow for Hooper, English guy didn't even get a talking to!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:02 am

That must be the worst French team i have ever seen.

But take nothing away from NZ they was great from the start to the end.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:11 am

Once upon a time it was all about which France turned up. Nowadays it's always the same France.

Well done NZ.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:12 am

No side would have lived with that. That was a real game designed to end the bullcrap about the French and All Black rivalry. It set out to humiliate the French and I guess it did a spectacular job.

The World Cup looks suddenly a very hollow affair though as 'contenders' revert to 'survivors for now'.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:16 am

Superb ABs, just superb 1 I am now quaking when The Warriors take on Racing 92 after that display by DC clap clap clap

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:16 am

Before this game i thought Australia would be the team to beat....Having watched this game though i am not so sure any more.

I do think it may come to Australia v New Zealand final.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:38 am

Personally I was disappointed in France this morning, they were too soft in too many areas, in that second half they gave up, which doesnt really do the ABs much good, as South Africa is going to be a lot tougher next week.

As a Kiwi, I do enjoy watching ruthless rugby being played when supplemented with skill and pace, it may to some just look lethal, but its about blowing the opposition off the park with a full range skills, can they do it again in this tournament, Im not so sure. But I'd love to see them try.

Very impressed tonight with the ABs lineout, but again SA will bring more options and contest more.

Also like the idea of leaving Reid in the middle of the park for his defence, let Coles run the tram lines as SA will run at Carter all day.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by goneagain Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:48 am

Great display by NZ.

Looks like a couple of posters went 'full special' tonight.

goneagain

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:02 am

I tried to explain to people how poor this France side were, noone would listen, and too many were holding onto a past myth of french flair.

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:04 am

aucklandlaurie wrote:...As a Kiwi, I do enjoy watching ruthless rugby being played when supplemented with skill and pace, it may to some just look lethal, but its about blowing the opposition off the park with a full range skills...
Couldn't agree more. It's not pretty if you want the element of suspense in a game, but you just have to sit back and admire the way players naturally fall into the right attacking shapes no matter what the scoreline.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:07 am

Fanster wrote:I tried to explain to people how poor this France side were, noone would listen, and too many were holding onto a past myth of french flair.

People didn't think NZ would destroy them? Huh? I'm not sure who you have been talking to.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:14 am

Fanster wrote:I tried to explain to people how poor this France side were, noone would listen, and too many were holding onto a past myth of french flair.

I tried to explain that the All Blacks were laughing at the headlines they were getting through their pool, and quite a few laughed at me Wink

This was much more a story of New Zealand than it is one of France.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:45 pm

Sad to see Freddie Michelack hobble off a very great French player.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:30 pm

SecretFly wrote:

I tried to explain that the All Blacks were laughing at the headlines they were getting through their pool, and quite a few laughed at me WinkThis was much more a story of New Zealand than it is one of France.

Yes! that was very funny.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:41 pm

goneagain wrote:Great display by NZ.

Looks like a couple of posters went 'full special' tonight.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

It seems if you post a legitimate point of view against Richie McCaw or the New Zealand rugby team, you will be labelled as 'bitter' and a 'troll', from people who seemingly have very little clue about how to conduct a discussion beyond pathetically resorting to insults.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next