The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+13
Dr Shoe
Galted
superflyweight
Pal Joey
Mind the windows Tino.
kingraf
JuliusHMarx
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Dolphin Ziggler
ShahenshahG
Rowley
Alistair
17 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 19 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Alistair Fri 28 Aug 2015, 1:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

5. Stop.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 19 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:29 am

This is probably a question best suited for Galted, but does anyone know if the use of emoticons is acceptable on a hook up site?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 19 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Alistair Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:34 am

Rowley wrote:
Alistair wrote:
Rowley wrote:I have read Mein Kampf, heavy old going.

I read it when i was younger. If the Warren Commission doesn't turn up any time soon i might order this.

Did you ever read anything on the Third Reich?

I've read quite a bit on it. The best books I ever read was a trilogy by Richard Evans, the rise of the third Reich, the third reich in power and the third reich at war. Big old books and heavy going but brilliant. Ian Kershaw's biographies on Hitler are brilliant as well, but as the name suggests focus more on him than the Third Reich

I've seen that that trilogy on a few book sites. I might indulge in that after my JFK fix.

Anything else you would recommend, Rowley?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:35 am

seanmichaels wrote:This is probably a question best suited for Galted, but does anyone know if the use of emoticons is acceptable on a hook up site?

If you want him/her to think you are a twenty something social special, yes.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Shoe Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:36 am

Alistair wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:This is probably a question best suited for Galted, but does anyone know if the use of emoticons is acceptable on a hook up site?

If you want him/her to think you are a twenty something social special, yes.

Its the calling card of a mentalist.

So yes.

Dr Shoe
Dr Shoe
Dr Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:38 am

Alistair wrote:
Rowley wrote:
Alistair wrote:

I read it when i was younger. If the Warren Commission doesn't turn up any time soon i might order this.

I've read quite a bit on it. The best books I ever read was a trilogy by Richard Evans, the rise of the third Reich, the third reich in power and the third reich at war. Big old books and heavy going but brilliant. Ian Kershaw's biographies on Hitler are brilliant as well, but as the name suggests focus more on him than the Third Reich

I've seen that that trilogy on a few book sites. I might indulge in that after my JFK fix.

I'll have a look when I get home. Tina is a bit of a war book nut, am sure he will have some decent recommendations. Antony Beevor's The Second World war is a good book, big again but most books on the subject tend to be.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:42 am

Rowley wrote:
Alistair wrote:
Rowley wrote:
Alistair wrote:

I'll have a look when I get home. Tina is a bit of a war book nut, am sure he will have some decent recommendations. Antony Beevor's The Second World war is a good book, big again but most books on the subject tend to be.

I'm personally more interested in historical figures & events. Hitler and JFK were my chosen subjects when studying History.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:43 am

It would be good if there was a thread about who killed JFK.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:46 am

Don't think it would generate much interest.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:46 am

The Ian Kershaw books are definitely worth reading. There are two, hubris and nemisis. They are about 1000 pages each, but he did an abridged version where they are just one book. I'd go for that one, you don't really miss any detail it is just a cheaper and quicker option. Kershaw is an extremely good writer as well, would probably be fair to say nobody on earth knows more about Hitler than him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Shoe Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:47 am

Does he cover the success of "wouldn't it be good" or is that in the sequel?

Dr Shoe
Dr Shoe
Dr Shoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:47 am

Interesting fact about JFK, Earl Warren was played by Jim Garrison in the film JFK. As Jules says, pity there is not a more appropriate thread to share such zingers.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:47 am

The more important question is who killed Tupac Shakur.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:48 am

Rowley wrote:The Ian Kershaw books are definitely worth reading. There are two, hubris and nemisis. They are about 1000 pages each, but he did an abridged version where they are just one book. I'd go for that one, you don't really miss any detail it is just a cheaper and quicker option. Kershaw is an extremely good writer as well, would probably be fair to say nobody on earth knows more about Hitler than him.

Brilliant, thanks.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:48 am

Getting close to the big 20,000. Any suggestions how to mark the occasion?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:49 am

Perhaps a speech?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:50 am

Rowley wrote:Getting close to the big 20,000. Any suggestions how to mark the occasion?

Start a thread on who killed JFK.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:51 am

A Q&A and you have to be honest Jeff. No questions are off limits.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:51 am

Post a picture of TSMR's jubblies.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:52 am

nadeem2099 wrote:A Q&A and you have to be honest Jeff. No questions are off limits.

That ended badly with the coxmeister

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:54 am

seanmichaels wrote:
nadeem2099 wrote:A Q&A and you have to be honest Jeff. No questions are off limits.

That ended badly with the coxmeister

I have claimed to be a fat middle aged bloke living in a sh!thole town doing a dull job. I have hardly created a glamourous alter ego on here have I?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:55 am

seanmichaels wrote:Post a picture of TSMR's jubblies.

Dolphin has seen TSMR. He can happily confirm for you what she looks like, only a picture from the shoulders up though I am afraid Sean.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:55 am

Maybe we won't think you're as fat as you say.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:57 am

Alistair wrote:Maybe we won't think you're as fat as you say.

Yeah are you Homer Simpson fat or Peter Griffin fat? It's small details like this that can make the difference.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:59 am

nadeem2099 wrote:
Alistair wrote:Maybe we won't think you're as fat as you say.

Yeah are you Homer Simpson fat or Peter Griffin fat? It's small details like this that can make the difference.

Spot on.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Sep 2015, 12:01 pm

I don't know who Peter Griffin is I am afraid.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 09 Sep 2015, 12:02 pm

Ok, Homer Simpson fat or John Prescott.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Sep 2015, 12:02 pm

Probably nearer Homer.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 09 Sep 2015, 12:12 pm

Any books you can recommend on the build up to the First World War? Not so much on Franz Ferdinand etc but going back further to the Tangier Crisis, Tirpitz's Naval Bills etc.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Sep 2015, 12:13 pm

Max Hastings did one called Catastrophe with basically covers the build up and first year of the war. That is worth a read.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 09 Sep 2015, 12:18 pm

You're a very wise man, Rowley. I'm glad to have you in my Top 6.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 09 Sep 2015, 12:22 pm

Came on here, saw Rick's great joke about Mein Kampf, l*l'd out loud. Dagless you son of a gun that was top work.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Sep 2015, 12:45 pm

I already acknowledged the brilliance of Rick's pun DZ. Let's be cautious giving too much praise out, we don't want him getting ideas above his station.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 09 Sep 2015, 12:55 pm

After chastising his use of "top bantz" I feel I really need to drill home that this is what we expect of him. I'm not Tina, I don't let people meander to standards that are less than they should be maintaining. Tina approaches friendships like he does with work. He's seeing Dagless possibly declining and just selling him off as a fading figure, whereas I know I can bring back the Dagless that is always fist in the morning.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 09 Sep 2015, 12:56 pm

Rowley wrote:

Dolphin has seen TSMR. He can happily confirm for you what she looks like, only a picture from the shoulders up though I am afraid Sean.

I too, have seen her. That comes from knowing your real name and you having a digital footprint.

She is very lovely. How you pulled that off I will never know.

I'd also like to retract my previous Ray Winstone lookalikey.

You're a dashingly handsome man, Jeff. In a Peter Kay/Zach Galifianakis kind of way.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 09 Sep 2015, 12:58 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:After chastising his use of "top bantz" I feel I really need to drill home that this is what we expect of him. I'm not Tina, I don't let people meander to standards that are less than they should be maintaining. Tina approaches friendships like he does with work. He's seeing Dagless possibly declining and just selling him off as a fading figure, whereas I know I can bring back the Dagless that is always fist in the morning.

Screw you, Ziggler.  No one loves rICk more than me.  We come from the same part of the world, have attended the sames pubs and clubs.  We even sat in Delamere forest together.

Stop trying to drive a wedge between us.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Wed 09 Sep 2015, 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Sep 2015, 12:59 pm

Cheers Tina, it is of constant bafflement to me as well.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Sep 2015, 1:00 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:  We even sat in Delemere forest together.

I have been to Delemere Forest Tina. Only last year.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 09 Sep 2015, 1:02 pm

Rowley wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:  We even sat in Delemere forest together.

I have been to Delemere Forest Tina. Only last year.

That only cements you at the very upper reaches of my top 7.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 09 Sep 2015, 1:03 pm

I went to Delamere Forest last year as well, built stick huts and everything.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 09 Sep 2015, 1:04 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:After chastising his use of "top bantz" I feel I really need to drill home that this is what we expect of him. I'm not Tina, I don't let people meander to standards that are less than they should be maintaining. Tina approaches friendships like he does with work. He's seeing Dagless possibly declining and just selling him off as a fading figure, whereas I know I can bring back the Dagless that is always fist in the morning.

Can you prove that you did indeed, l*l? Otherwise it just comes across like you are mocking Rick.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 09 Sep 2015, 1:05 pm

Hero wrote:I went to Delamere Forest last year as well, built stick huts and everything.

That why I love you more than Adam.

That and about 400 other reasons.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 09 Sep 2015, 1:06 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Rowley wrote:

I too, have seen her.  That comes from knowing your real name and you having a digital footprint.

She is very lovely.  How you pulled that off I will never know.

You're a dashingly handsome man, Jeff.  In a Peter Kay/Zach Galifianakis kind of way.

little stalkerish wank3r

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 09 Sep 2015, 1:07 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:

I too, have seen her.  That comes from knowing your real name and you having a digital footprint.

She is very lovely.  How you pulled that off I will never know.

You're a dashingly handsome man, Jeff.  In a Peter Kay/Zach Galifianakis kind of way.

little stalkerish wank3r

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 19 3559488474

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 09 Sep 2015, 1:07 pm

I only know the personal details of Coxmeister and Malcolm Windows.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 09 Sep 2015, 1:08 pm

Screw you, Ziggler.  No one loves rICk more than me.  We come from the same part of the world, have attended the sames pubs and clubs.  We even sat in Delamere forest together.

You love him so much that it's gone into that old married couple thing. You chip away at him too. And the sex has dried up.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 09 Sep 2015, 1:10 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

You love him so much that it's gone into that old married couple thing. You chip away at him too. And the sex has dried up.

That is pretty accurate.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Sep 2015, 1:22 pm

Have you considered using lube?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 09 Sep 2015, 1:24 pm

I would keep them to a minimum and only use a smiling or laughing (very sparingly) emoticon as birds feel special in a non-spa*tic way when they think they've said something sweet or funny. Overuse of emoticons could leave them suspecting that you're creepy/deviant or that you're g*y and thus b*st-fri*nd material.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 09 Sep 2015, 1:25 pm

Rowley wrote:Have you considered using lube?

You're better than that, Jeff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 09 Sep 2015, 1:25 pm

I would keep them to a minimum and only use a smiling or laughing (very sparingly) emoticon as birds feel special in a non-spa*tic way when they think they've said something sweet or funny. Overuse of emoticons could leave them suspecting that you're creepy/deviant or that you're g*y and thus b*st-fri*nd material.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next