The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wimbledon Day 13 - Ain't got time to oil the Hingis, nor to mend the window Paes...(lyrics from This Nole House)

+27
Calder106
VTR
socal1976
It Must Be Love
CaledonianCraig
kemet
Henman Bill
bogbrush
Good Golly I'm Olly
kingraf
gw
Guest82
Belovedluckyboy
slashermcguirk
temporary21
Born Slippy
Animalfan
theslosty
88Chris05
LuvSports!
banbrotam
summerblues
sirfredperry
lags72
laverfan
HM Murdock
JuliusHMarx
31 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wimbledon Day 13 - Ain't got time to oil the Hingis, nor to mend the window Paes...(lyrics from This Nole House) - Page 2 Empty Wimbledon Day 13 - Ain't got time to oil the Hingis, nor to mend the window Paes...(lyrics from This Nole House)

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 11 Jul 2015, 8:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Order of play
http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/scores/schedule/schedule21.html

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 13 - Ain't got time to oil the Hingis, nor to mend the window Paes...(lyrics from This Nole House) - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 13 - Ain't got time to oil the Hingis, nor to mend the window Paes...(lyrics from This Nole House)

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:01 pm

Djokovic trying to break his feet!!

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 13 - Ain't got time to oil the Hingis, nor to mend the window Paes...(lyrics from This Nole House) - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 13 - Ain't got time to oil the Hingis, nor to mend the window Paes...(lyrics from This Nole House)

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:03 pm

Wow. If Federer was annoyed at losing that first set, Djokovic will be absolutely disgusted with himself for losing the second one.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:04 pm

Great survival from Fed in the TB. He should feel lucky they are tied at one set all. But credit to him for hanging in there.

Still, Nole far the more confident looking over all. Unless Fed finds another gear I do not see him winning two more sets.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:04 pm

Tied at one set each. Federer saved a LOT of set points. Djoko will need to get through the mental aspect of having twice had set points on his serve. Big opportunity here for Federer. Has to go hard early.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:04 pm

Djokovic returning like a demon!

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:05 pm

Some game this from Novak.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:07 pm

And the hits keep coming.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:08 pm

Great hold from Roger. He's having to run so much though. Novak's able to keep him pinned back. Im unconvinced he can maintain this level for 2 more sets.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:10 pm

Fed more aggressive here...

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:11 pm

Break point Federer.

I imagine Federer is the type of guy who's Get out of Jail free card in Monopoly also comes with a £30k gift from the bank for wrongful imprisonment.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:11 pm

I feel Novak is winning the war after losing that battle. Sad

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:12 pm

What a game
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:15 pm

What an effort.  He's level but how much has that take. From him

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:16 pm

Djokovic is on it now
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:19 pm

Nole is now putting an awful lot of Fed's first serves back in play. That should be enough to give him the victory.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:20 pm

Hard to watch, Federer looks exhausted.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:20 pm

Closing the roof must favour Djokovic...when was the last time he lost indoors?

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:22 pm

Roof speeds up the court which means advantage Federer. It worked for him in 2012.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:24 pm

God does federer need that break. It's inly by sheer will he's even in this match still

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:27 pm

2012 play was suspended early in the 3rd set against Murray with the score 1-1 and I believe on serve. Federer won 3-1. Federer also won the semi against Djokovic under the roof that year.

Indoor gives Federer the advantange. He held on in 2010-2011 as the indoor (WTF) champion even when he was struggled to hold on to the slams, he wasn't disposed as the indoor champion by Djokovic until 2012, and since then.

Djokovic is the slight favourite still, but only because he is ahead in this set.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:28 pm

So far Djokovic has been marginally better, just the consistency and fewer errors, but not by much. Federer at times in the first set looked the most likely to break. Federer cruised through his serves more in the early part of the match but is increasingly coming under pressure. Both players returning impressively.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:29 pm

Problem
Is novak is now the indoor champ and federer looks very tired this time

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:31 pm

Are they closing the roof?

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:33 pm

I've said it before the start of the match; the Federer return of serve is going to determine whether he is the victor or the vanquished today.

It is to be expected that as great a returner that Novak is, that Fed is going to be broken at some point in this match.

Roger has done well to get to break point, but he is going to have to take his chances when they come his way.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:35 pm

Thru are not closing it I don't think

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:56 pm

shame to lose a set on such a bad miss. there are people on this board probably that could have won the point against Djokovic from there. I am talking about the one break in the match where he hit long from close to the net with a high ball.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:56 pm

Roger cannot seem to get a look in on Novak's service games.

In fact, from the Serb's standpoint, his serve is winning him this match so far

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:57 pm

Big trouble now for rog. Needs two sets in a row no roof and looking tired

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 12 Jul 2015, 5:01 pm

He does look whacked. This is where the age thing really matters I guess.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 12 Jul 2015, 5:10 pm

Novak breaks and that you'd think is that
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Animalfan Sun 12 Jul 2015, 5:10 pm

Fed looks knackered

Animalfan

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Sun 12 Jul 2015, 5:11 pm

This match is over.

Good try by Roger, but with that break by Novak goes his best chance to win a another slam

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 12 Jul 2015, 5:18 pm

Yeah, running on fumes here. But gutsy.

You can tell when Andrew Castle says something stupid - his mouth works.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sun 12 Jul 2015, 5:23 pm

The elements make such a difference to all the top three. It's now a medium-fast court, whereas last week it was amongst the fastest courts we'd had all year

Roger's not beating Novak when it's like this

Last edited by banbrotam on Sun 12 Jul 2015, 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 12 Jul 2015, 5:25 pm

Federer just wants off the court. He looks like he could fall over.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 12 Jul 2015, 5:28 pm

Hmm. Perhaps having the physical effects of age demonstrated so emphatically might hasten his demise. He can play, but not if he can't move.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 12 Jul 2015, 5:29 pm

Here we are. Well done Djokovic. He was by far the better player throughout. Really should probably have been straight sets.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Sun 12 Jul 2015, 5:29 pm

With that superior serving AND returning display from Novak, Federer had no chance.

It gives me no comfort to admit that my pre-final prediction has been proven correct.

However, Federer was VERY lucky to win that second set.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jul 2015, 5:31 pm

Sad

Well done Novak. 9th Slam. clap

Have to feel that was Feds last chance. So sombre after Friday's performance.

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Sun 12 Jul 2015, 5:33 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:Sad

The only way he has a shot next year is if Novak gets eliminated before the final and the effects of aging can be held in temporary abeyance for yet another year

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by slashermcguirk Sun 12 Jul 2015, 5:33 pm

One of the greatest exhibitions of return of serve I have seen. Unbelievable from djokovic !

slashermcguirk

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 12 Jul 2015, 5:34 pm

Well done to Djokovic. Second multi slam year. All on his lonesome on nine slams. Plus ensures that his final record is back above .500. For Federer, time waits for no man. This match combined his old frailties (break point conversion. Not quite 1/13, but close) with new (stamina).
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by theslosty Sun 12 Jul 2015, 5:35 pm

Clearly, talk of Federer being the best he's ever been is way off the mark. Really, it's an insult to his former level.

Easy to go overboard after a match like that but Djokovic has virtually no weakness in his game. He was incredibly unfortunate to face a supernatural Stan at RG.
theslosty
theslosty

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 12 Jul 2015, 5:35 pm

Djokovic clap clap

Federer good tourney. Ok!

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun 12 Jul 2015, 5:36 pm

Good first two sets, both playing well, but Federer seemed to lose steam in sets 3 and 4. Djokovic won on consistency and service return perhaps. A bit disappointing to see Federer lose set 3 on such a horrible miss.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jul 2015, 5:37 pm

kemet wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:Sad

The only way he has a shot next year is if Novak gets eliminated before the final and the effects of aging can be held in temporary abeyance for yet another year

Well he had that at the US Open last year when Nishikori took out Djokovic. He was taken out by Cilic.

This defeat just feels so flat because of how well he played against Murray and even Simon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Sun 12 Jul 2015, 5:45 pm

Think we are having another 2011. Djokovic looks far ahead of the rest of the field...

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 12 Jul 2015, 5:45 pm

All credit to Novak Djokovic he showed today why he is world No.1. Can someone send this match to Andy to show what aggressive hitting achieves? Roger couldn't quite rediscover his serving standards of the other day and Novak peppered his ground shots around the baseline and tramlines and pushed Federer out of his comfort zone at key times. Bad luck to Roger but like Andy found on Friday sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say - too good and that was the case today.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next