The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wimbledon Day 13 - Ain't got time to oil the Hingis, nor to mend the window Paes...(lyrics from This Nole House)

+27
Calder106
VTR
socal1976
It Must Be Love
CaledonianCraig
kemet
Henman Bill
bogbrush
Good Golly I'm Olly
kingraf
gw
Guest82
Belovedluckyboy
slashermcguirk
temporary21
Born Slippy
Animalfan
theslosty
88Chris05
LuvSports!
banbrotam
summerblues
sirfredperry
lags72
laverfan
HM Murdock
JuliusHMarx
31 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wimbledon Day 13 - Ain't got time to oil the Hingis, nor to mend the window Paes...(lyrics from This Nole House) Empty Wimbledon Day 13 - Ain't got time to oil the Hingis, nor to mend the window Paes...(lyrics from This Nole House)

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 11 Jul 2015, 8:34 pm

Order of play
http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/scores/schedule/schedule21.html

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 13 - Ain't got time to oil the Hingis, nor to mend the window Paes...(lyrics from This Nole House) Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 13 - Ain't got time to oil the Hingis, nor to mend the window Paes...(lyrics from This Nole House)

Post by HM Murdock Sat 11 Jul 2015, 10:08 pm

clap  clap
After that effort, Julius, I'm demoting Federer's semi final to being only the second best performance of the week.

You lose marks for putting that song in my head though!

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 13 - Ain't got time to oil the Hingis, nor to mend the window Paes...(lyrics from This Nole House) Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 13 - Ain't got time to oil the Hingis, nor to mend the window Paes...(lyrics from This Nole House)

Post by laverfan Sun 12 Jul 2015, 12:22 am

No pun on Betterer, but this is Wimbledon Day 13 - Ain't got time to oil the Hingis, nor to mend the window Paes...(lyrics from This Nole House) 3845856932 as HMM says.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Sun 12 Jul 2015, 6:47 am

It just struck me that if Novak loses today, his post-AO12 slam record will be 10 finals played and only 3 won.

An alarmingly low stat for a player in his peak years who spent most of that period as #1.

It would move him to 8 wins v 9 losses for his career.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Sun 12 Jul 2015, 7:30 am

Very impressed that you kept up such a high standard throughout the tourney JHM  clap

Having Fed us so many clever puns over the two weeks, I was worried you might struggle for the big Final. But by going for the Mixed Doubles you managed to play a great Djoker.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Sun 12 Jul 2015, 8:49 am

I'd be delighted to see Fed win this afternoon. But I don't think it will happen. Djoko is just too solid, serves too well, retrieves too well to allow Fed to dominate as he did in the Andy semi.
And yet. Few would have foreseen Djoko losing to Stan the Man in the French final, especially after Nole had taken out Rafa in the q-f. So it would hardly be a surprise if Rog won. But Djoko is favourite.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 12 Jul 2015, 12:59 pm

On the way home from the airport - hoping to be in by the time the match starts, but in the meantime:

Good luck Roger!

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jul 2015, 1:07 pm

If rain is forecast, close the roof!!

Fingers Crossed Roger

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sun 12 Jul 2015, 1:20 pm

Roof or no roof, the five to ten degree drop in temperature, in comparison to Friday, is great news for Novak

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun 12 Jul 2015, 2:08 pm

Nerve levels at unprecedented levels. Probably up there with shorthand results. Bucket at the ready in case I need to hurl. C'MON FEDS!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun 12 Jul 2015, 2:47 pm

Nobody posting?!

2 set points saved by Novak.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun 12 Jul 2015, 2:48 pm

Tiebreak.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jul 2015, 2:53 pm

Frame ball after frame ball Sad

Not looking good for Fed.

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun 12 Jul 2015, 2:53 pm

Stunning from Djoko in this tb. Running everything down and responding brilliantly.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jul 2015, 2:56 pm

Ouch!

That was brutal.

Djokovic the master of getting the break of serve back so early.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 12 Jul 2015, 2:56 pm

Federer has played a horrific breaker. He'll be very, very annoyed with himself losing this set. He was the better player for most of it. Such a poor game in the seventh to get broken after breaking himself in the sixth. Two set points missed as well, albeit they were on Djokovic's serve.

Think Federer needed that first set. Hard to see him winning from here in my opinion.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by theslosty Sun 12 Jul 2015, 2:57 pm

Forget about Murray, Djokovic's return of serve is head and shoulders above all others in the game.
theslosty
theslosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Animalfan Sun 12 Jul 2015, 2:57 pm

LOL, exactly as I expected.

Straights, with each one getting progressively easier.

Animalfan

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 12 Jul 2015, 2:57 pm

Fed not playing anywhere near as well as on Friday. Djokovic was not even in top gear for most of the set yet he was able to take it.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Sun 12 Jul 2015, 2:58 pm

Incredible tiebreak from Novak. Dictated throughout and didn't give Roger a sniff. Just when he really needs it, Roger's serve has really dipped though. Barely got any in during the tiebreak.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun 12 Jul 2015, 2:58 pm

Novak looking so solid bar that love break.
Feds serving worse, more Ue;s but most down to novak's returning and retrieval.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Sun 12 Jul 2015, 2:59 pm

Well fed won't be happy. I didn't see but losing the set a break up is bad news.  Rain coming though. Maybe the roof will help

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jul 2015, 2:59 pm

This was the fear. The come down from Friday and it's quite a come down Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Sun 12 Jul 2015, 3:03 pm

I feel for bb. This must be agony

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by slashermcguirk Sun 12 Jul 2015, 3:06 pm

It's because the Novak return puts more pressure than any other player. Forces federer to go for more

slashermcguirk

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 12 Jul 2015, 3:23 pm

Even though Fed has been getting to more BPs than Novak, the match to me currently feels to be largely in Novak's control. It looks like he knows he can step it up if really needed while Fed I think is playing as well as he currently can (which happens to be not as well as he played on Friday).

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Belovedluckyboy Sun 12 Jul 2015, 3:23 pm

As I said, Novak is able to draw Fed into some long rallies and then wins the points, with good serving and returning.

Roddick made an interesting observation, that Novak didn't serve like those big servers yet Fed struggled to return his serves. Perhaps Fed has to change the way he returns those serves, say be more aggressive instead of blocking back?

Belovedluckyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Animalfan Sun 12 Jul 2015, 3:26 pm

Horrible performance from Federer so far.

FH all over the place. Serve below average.

Animalfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest82 Sun 12 Jul 2015, 3:27 pm

Djokovic comfortable with the slice too.

Played the tie break like a champion

Guest82

Back to top Go down

Post by Animalfan Sun 12 Jul 2015, 3:27 pm

All in all a rubbish match.

Animalfan

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 12 Jul 2015, 3:29 pm

Guest82 wrote:Played the tie break like a champion
Djokovic did not play all that well for most of the first set, then stepped it up in the TB and took it comfortably. That I think reflects the fairly large gap between the two of them today - Nole is able to play on even terms without even trying that hard.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Belovedluckyboy Sun 12 Jul 2015, 3:29 pm

Novak is in a good place, he knows he can win the rallies, can get good returns off Fed's serves and at the same time serves well to get himself out of troubles.

Belovedluckyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by gw Sun 12 Jul 2015, 3:34 pm

Constant close ups of Beckers ugly mug is enough to turn anyone against Novak!

gw

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 12 Jul 2015, 3:36 pm

He does look like a blowfish doesn't he..

Federer with a bit of luck could have been two sets up already.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 12 Jul 2015, 3:46 pm

It's been so tight. Federer needs to win this Tie break. Otherwise the third may become a procession.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 12 Jul 2015, 3:47 pm

Mini break already for Federer
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 12 Jul 2015, 3:47 pm

2*-1 Djokovic. Fédérer lost both serves.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Sun 12 Jul 2015, 3:47 pm

Poor tiebreak again so far from Roger.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 12 Jul 2015, 3:48 pm

2*-3 Federer serving
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 12 Jul 2015, 3:49 pm

2*-4 Federer serving.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 12 Jul 2015, 3:50 pm

4*-3 Djokovic serving
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jul 2015, 3:53 pm

Amazing.

Did to Novak what he did to him on the first point of the TB in the first set.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 12 Jul 2015, 3:56 pm

Federer treating set points like Pac-Man does power pellets...
#ChowsThemUP
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jul 2015, 3:57 pm

Fed could use a first serve!

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 12 Jul 2015, 3:58 pm

Djokovic with SP on his serve...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:00 pm

Federer does what he's been doing...

#MunchmunchMunch
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:00 pm

Federer set point.... on his own serve
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:00 pm

Wow. His second serving was fantastic!

Back to top Go down

Post by Belovedluckyboy Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:01 pm

Yes! Vamos Federer!!!

Belovedluckyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Animalfan Sun 12 Jul 2015, 4:01 pm

Ok, I take it back, this is becoming a classic.

Real quality stuff now.

Animalfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next