The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wimbledon Day 10 - Murray has no Peers and Hingis Paes her way (maybe Babos will Peya instead)

+7
kemet
bogbrush
temporary21
HM Murdock
VTR
LuvSports!
JuliusHMarx
11 posters

Go down

Wimbledon Day 10 - Murray has no Peers and Hingis Paes her way (maybe Babos will Peya instead) Empty Wimbledon Day 10 - Murray has no Peers and Hingis Paes her way (maybe Babos will Peya instead)

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 08 Jul 2015, 21:18

Order of play
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/22713811

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 10 - Murray has no Peers and Hingis Paes her way (maybe Babos will Peya instead) Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 10 - Murray has no Peers and Hingis Paes her way (maybe Babos will Peya instead)

Post by LuvSports! Wed 08 Jul 2015, 21:26

The gift that keeps on giving! clap

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 10 - Murray has no Peers and Hingis Paes her way (maybe Babos will Peya instead) Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 10 - Murray has no Peers and Hingis Paes her way (maybe Babos will Peya instead)

Post by VTR Thu 09 Jul 2015, 08:28

No singles matches worth watching today - unless you like to hear hideous women shrieking like they are in labour with triplets

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Thu 09 Jul 2015, 08:47

Today's title may be you masterwork, Julius.

A Sistine Chapel of punnery.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Thu 09 Jul 2015, 10:20

The real challenge comes this weekend. How can the artist work with soo few players at his disposal

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 09 Jul 2015, 10:22

temporary21 wrote:The real challenge comes this weekend. How can the artist work with soo few players at his disposal

Boys/Girls singles

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 09 Jul 2015, 11:03

Starting to sound like a really tough Times Crossword.

And no fiddling with the kiddies Julius! Adults only...
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Thu 09 Jul 2015, 14:38

Well for those interested it is women's semifinals day, with Gabine Muguruza locked in a three set battle with Agnieszka Radwanska. The players have split the first two sets with Muguruza winning the first 6-2 and Radwanska winning the second 6-3. The players are currently on serve in the third set with Radwanska serving 1-2 down.

The second match between Dmitrov's girlfriend (lucky git) and Serena promises to be a good one; let's see if Maria can rediscover the form it took for her to beat Williams as a 17 year-old in 2004.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jul 2015, 15:11

Tumbleweed Tumbleweed

It's so quiet I can hear the grunts from SW19 here at work!

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 09 Jul 2015, 15:17

legendkillarV2 wrote:Tumbleweed Tumbleweed

Once again the people deliver their verdict.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 09 Jul 2015, 15:21

I've been trying to catch bits of it in between working - it was pretty good from what I saw - enjoyed it. Garbine could be a future star.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jul 2015, 15:22

bogbrush wrote:

Wait for it. The poster who is a cross between Germaine Greer and Billie Jean King will be here to no doubt profess their displeasure at sexism!

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Thu 09 Jul 2015, 15:40

bogbrush wrote:

Well said - as far as most are concerned there is actually no Tennis on today. Not that the screaming idiots playing will be bothered as they take home huge paychecks that the men earned for them

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Thu 09 Jul 2015, 16:00

Maria is a garbage joke of a player against Williams. Reminds me of Ferrer trying to beat Roger
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Thu 09 Jul 2015, 16:22

Maria is trying her best to hang in there, but Williams is simply too good so far.

Sharapova's serve is simply not the same as when she won in 2004

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Thu 09 Jul 2015, 16:24

Hey lay off the ferret. Least he can get his serve in against roger

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Thu 09 Jul 2015, 16:28

kemet wrote:Maria is trying her best to hang in there, but Williams is simply too good so far.

Sharapova's serve is simply not the same as when she won in 2004

Her shriek is a lot louder though, making it more off putting for her opponent. So at least she has improved one aspect of her game!

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 09 Jul 2015, 16:40

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Maria is a garbage joke of a player against Williams. Reminds me of Ferrer trying to beat Roger
Laugh

The analogy is so true it's crazy; wins loads of matches, beats up plenty of people, get's completely mullered every single time they play.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 09 Jul 2015, 16:48

I think if the women's slams were best of five, Serena would have won every single one in the last five years
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jul 2015, 17:08

Same time tomorrow?

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Thu 09 Jul 2015, 17:10

Well at least Maria made Serena serve for her spot in the final. Maria did well to save those match points on her own serve.

However, apart from the double fault at 15-0, Serena ruthlessly slammed the door in Sharapova's face.

I'm wondering how many male players on tour can cope with Serena's serve...

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Thu 09 Jul 2015, 17:11

legendkillarV2 wrote:Same time tomorrow?

I'm willing to bet that the traffic will be exponentially increased on this tennis board tomorrow.

Anyone reckon I can get some great odds?

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 09 Jul 2015, 17:14

Shame about Masha. I've always liked her. She's no Ivanovic, and doesn't have the Lisicki aura, but she's nice enough.

If the women's slams were best of five, Serena would have won every single slam in the last five years.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Thu 09 Jul 2015, 17:30

kemet wrote:Well at least Maria made Serena serve for her spot in the final. Maria did well to save those match points on her own serve.

However, apart from the double fault at 15-0, Serena ruthlessly slammed the door in Sharapova's face.

All of them

there is no real comparison. Serena was asked about playing against Andy as a fund game last year - she admitted she would unlikely win a game, as the power difference is so huge

Her top survive is like most mens second (Well no Andy's 82 mpg limp biscuits attempts)

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Thu 09 Jul 2015, 19:07

Most men have a serve with serenas power. Her serve is probably just about above average in the men's game. Once it goes in frankly she would be mangled. Karlovic could match her shot for shot he has about the same speed around the court

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Animalfan Thu 09 Jul 2015, 20:26

Riskysports wrote:
kemet wrote:Well at least Maria made Serena serve for her spot in the final. Maria did well to save those match points on her own serve.

All of them

there is no real comparison. Serena was asked about playing against Andy as a fund game last year - she admitted she would unlikely win a game, as the power difference is so huge

Her top survive is like most mens second (Well no Andy's 82 mpg limp biscuits attempts)

Yep, hers would be one of the weakest serves on the men's tour.

It's not just the pace. A Serena serve at 120 is not the same as say a Federer serve at 120. The latter will have more spin, control, heavier and likely be better placed. In most cases (meaning the men in general) it will come from a higher trajectory and thus land shorter and drag wider.

It's not just about the pace.

There is no comparison between the men's and the women's. Serena would get thrashed 6-1 6-1 by a good junior.

She'd be bagelled for fun by all the men in the top 500.

Animalfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down