The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolph Ziggler

2 posters

Go down

Dolph Ziggler Empty Dolph Ziggler

Post by Prometheus Wed 24 Jun 2015, 3:07 pm

There have been a few tweets and news items that indicate Ziggler is not happy with his mid-card status in WWE.

I guess you never know what is going to happen in wrestling, but looking at how Ziggler has been used in the last months and the talent coming up, it seems unlikely that he's going to get pushed much further than he is in the future. And at approaching 35 Ziggler could easily have another 4-5 years at the top of his game. Certainly a real eye-opener to me was how fast he climbed those ladders at Wrestlemania, the guy seems in good condition.

So, what would you do if you were Dolph? Many wrestlers would dream of being where he is now. Do you think that should be enough for him, or do you feel he should try something new? For example, could he blast onto the scene in New Japan, like AJ Styles or is he the man to build GFW around? Is he just letting these stories out to try to get the best deal he can and will inevitably re-sign with WWE, or is he serious about looking outside WWE for his future?
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Dolph Ziggler Empty Re: Dolph Ziggler

Post by Samo Wed 24 Jun 2015, 3:51 pm

It depends what he wants. If he needs the money that bad he'll stick in the mid-card for a while. If he just wants to wrestle he could easily make money doing indy shows ala Styles and Young Bucks.

I wouldnt look too much into it though, these types of discussions usually come around every year regarding Dolph's contract status. Personally, I think he's good enough to be in the upper card, and arguably should be after Survivor Series, but his inability to really deliver on the microphone + WWE's ineptitude on using talent correctly means he'll forever be in the mid card.

Shame.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 24 Jun 2015, 3:56 pm

What do you make of his "relationship" with Lana? I thought that she was destined for big things and her allegiance with Dolph would see both of them getting more screen time. I expect the injury to Rusev put the brakes on this, but it really feels like there was no plan of what to do with Lana post break-up and Dolph was just the guy standing nearest to her.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 24 Jun 2015, 4:02 pm

I agree, but with Summer Rae (eugh) seemingly becoming involved it could lead to a feud between the two, which I would be all for - they did some really good work together on NXT and Rusev has just got better since. Im willing to give it a bit more time.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down