The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolph Ziggler

+7
HudsonAndHicks
Buzzman
The_Enigma
BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM
Bull
Stonee21
The-Rizz
11 posters

Go down

Dolph Ziggler Empty Dolph Ziggler

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:26 pm

It was only after Wrestlemania and RAW that I realised just how good this guy is.

He's absolutely brimming with potential, he's athletic, can sell anything and is definitely a unique heel in the WWE at the minute?

With work on his mic skills, I think he's definitely got a bright future!

What about you guys?

Back to top Go down

Dolph Ziggler Empty Re: Dolph Ziggler

Post by The-Rizz Tue 03 Apr 2012, 3:34 pm

couldn't agree more, Ziggler is one of the best workers WWE has at the moment, it is a shame that he was so criminally under-used at Wrestlemania. hopefully he will get a chance in the Main Event picture again soon.

does he need much work on his mic skills? judging from his appearances on Zack Ryder's youtube show, he is a pretty decent talker, just needs to be given a chance.

Up until Brock returned, Ziggler's selling of the headbutt from Brodus Clay was my highlight of Raw!!

The-Rizz

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Tue 03 Apr 2012, 4:56 pm

I love Dolph Ziggler, the guy is just pure magic. His ring work is brilliant not just his selling but his all round ring work, he can talk as he showed glimpses of it last year yet for whatever reason the WWE just wont let him break away from Vickie. His look is unique and different and after I panned it to start I have to say the show off gimmick is brilliant! It really suites him down to his look, attire and wrestling style.

I really hope they wake up and quick because he and Rhodes are the two brightest prospects in that company.

Just imagine a main event scene of Ziggler, Rhodes, Punk, Shaemus, Bryan, Miz, Orton and Cena. Reinvent Cena, get Rhodes, Miz and Shaemus to keep working on their in ring work and the WWE would finally have a main event scene that is well stocked and capable of putting on great matches and feuds without them getting boring.

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 Apr 2012, 5:23 pm

Ziggler is fantastic. He really does remind me of the early HBK in terms of charisma. The fact he can be put with Swagger who doesn't have 'it' and still shine is brilliant.

For once the WWE are actually doing something right with a talent. Keeping him away from the Main Event scene to avoid a squash is the most sensible thing they have done.

I cannot wait for him to become a full fledged Main Eventer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 03 Apr 2012, 5:28 pm

Ziggler is fantastic and deserves to be in the main event his matches with Punk where epic and he sells the moves to perfection!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Tue 03 Apr 2012, 5:29 pm

There's no doubt about the guy's in-ring ability. However, he needs to work on his mic skills, which, while decent, are not yet up to main event standard. In order for this to happen, he needs more mic time, which can only happen if he breaks away from Vickie. That relationship/business partnership or whatever it's called has gone completely stale now, they should have gone their seperate ways months ago. Until this happens, Ziggler will never look like a true main eventer, which would be a terrible waste of talent.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 03 Apr 2012, 5:42 pm

I'm glad to see Dolph get more & more praise on here. For me he's been stealing the show since late 2010 & had put on some fantastic matches against Daniel Bryan which was for either the IC Or US Title at the time. Quite frankly his selling skills are the best of his new breed. The headbutt he got from Clay this week looked nasty and he really sold Santino's monkey flip even though he had fallen short in terms of position. The guy's great with a real decent in ring ability

He's still got time yet to develop even further & he's one of the few who I actually enjoy in terms of a gimmick. Now what's been said so far about his mic work is correct but only to a certian degree, He is improving and has come on a lot more in 2012 with the help of Vicky. He's promo's against Mason Ryan (Remember Him?) showed that he can still come across aragant and cocky within a promo. Now people might pull me up on this but he needs to start coming away from Jack Swagger. I think he works well on his own with Vicky in his corner and Swagger seems to amper him when it comes to promo's.

What i think needs to happen now is for him to re-group and go over one or two mid/upper mids and move back into the main event later this year. For now I'd like to see him involved in a mini-feud with Kofi Kingston. For anybody that watched their match on Superstars a few weeks back would know why!

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Tue 03 Apr 2012, 6:14 pm

Definately a big star, IF he can improve his mic skills, If only Cena could sell half as well as this guy .......

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by HudsonAndHicks Tue 03 Apr 2012, 6:54 pm

New to this forum but have been reading on it for the last year or so. Have to agree on this I think ziggler is quality and is one of the best in the ring at present. I went to summer slam 2009 at staples centre as I just happened to be in LA that week on part of my honeymoon in America (quality timing) and his match with mysterio was easily the best in terms of quality in the ring. Even the mrs agreed and she hates wrestling but enjoyed being there in the crowd watching as opposed to it on tv. Anyway back to ziggler and i really hope he has a main event future.

HudsonAndHicks

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:29 pm

I was really sold on Ziggler at the tail end of last year (Survivor series I believe) When he was pulling double duty. He finished his first match mouthing "How do you follow that?" Then when he came straight back out for his second match he shouted "Oh, IM gonna follow that!".

The guy is class. Will be a World Champion again by the end of the year.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Tue 03 Apr 2012, 9:41 pm

this guy sells like a bossss!
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 04 Apr 2012, 12:38 pm

I am a big fan of this guy. His in ring skills are fantastic and i believe he is improving on the mic. I think WWE need to be carefull with him though and shouldnt rush him to the top. Build him up slowley i say. They have done well with him already in 2012. Having a very good match against Punk at the rumble, in the chamber match and part of the winning team at mania. Im hoping during the draft they will move him to Smackdown and he can start main eventing there.

Watching Raw though i hope they dont put him back in the hunt for the US Title !

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Wed 04 Apr 2012, 3:22 pm

The_Enigma wrote:I'm glad to see Dolph get more & more praise on here. For me he's been stealing the show since late 2010 & had put on some fantastic matches against Daniel Bryan which was for either the IC Or US Title at the time. Quite frankly his selling skills are the best of his new breed. The headbutt he got from Clay this week looked nasty and he really sold Santino's monkey flip even though he had fallen short in terms of position. The guy's great with a real decent in ring ability

He's still got time yet to develop even further & he's one of the few who I actually enjoy in terms of a gimmick. Now what's been said so far about his mic work is correct but only to a certian degree, He is improving and has come on a lot more in 2012 with the help of Vicky. He's promo's against Mason Ryan (Remember Him?) showed that he can still come across aragant and cocky within a promo. Now people might pull me up on this but he needs to start coming away from Jack Swagger. I think he works well on his own with Vicky in his corner and Swagger seems to amper him when it comes to promo's.

What i think needs to happen now is for him to re-group and go over one or two mid/upper mids and move back into the main event later this year. For now I'd like to see him involved in a mini-feud with Kofi Kingston. For anybody that watched their match on Superstars a few weeks back would know why!

While I see your point, he needs to get away from both Vickie and Swagger, as I feel they are both holding him back. Vickie always seeems to be doing his promos for him, which clearly needs to change. I'd rather seem him feud with someone other than Kofi, they seem to having been facing each other constantly the past two years. They should be seperated in the draft.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Wed 04 Apr 2012, 4:46 pm

I'd agree with that, but I think for starters it would be better if he distanced himself from Jack Swagger first. With Vicky now he does cut his own promo's either on his own or after she has spoken, Now I'd like to see him become even more cocky and start interupting Vicky when she's in the middle of a promo and put her in her place leading to him breaking off from her and she ends up with Jack Swagger.

I don't think Dolph's in need of a change to smackdown just yet there are guys who need a change a lot more than him. For me The Miz needs to go to smackdown on this years draft. Now as for the idea for Kofi, watch any match they have together they both make each other look really good in the ring

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Thu 05 Apr 2012, 12:09 pm

There's no doubt that Dolph and Kofi have had good matches over the years, I just feel that if Dolph is to become a true main eventer, he needs to be facing, and beating, guys of a higher calibre and standing within the company than Kofi Kingston. A mini-feud with someone like the Big Show, although the matches obviously would be of a lower standard, would be ideal, although it would have to end with Dolph going over, which, knowing WWE and the squash machine that is Big Show, would never happen.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 05 Apr 2012, 1:26 pm

As good as Ziggler is i just dont buy him as Main Event material - yet. Just because he's a selling machine and class in ring doesnt automatically give him license to be a world champion. He's often compared to Mr Perfect & Shawn Michaels, but Perfect never became world champ and how long did it take Michaels to get there. I dont think he should be fast tracked into it. Fueding with someone like Randy Orton would be perfect for him, although personally i think his best chance of reaching the top and becoming a big draw would be as a face.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down