The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dolph ziggler

4 posters

Go down

dolph ziggler Empty dolph ziggler

Post by Mr Video Man Wed 12 Dec 2012, 2:30 pm

after watching dolph for a good few years i have always wondered what is holding this guy back? he can sell better than anyone in the company, is decent on the mic doing promos and steals the show every week. the guy has more talent in his hair than someone like for example ryback who is just strength plus a catchphrase annnd ermmm cant think of anything else he brings to the ring. dolph has come from being a cheerleader to being taken seriously as a top #heel on raw and smackdown. he obviously has commitment to get to the top as world champion or wwe champion as evidenced when he takes big bumps this was proven when he put his gonads on the line taking a bump off the ladder this week on monday onto the top rope and landing on the floor. that could have ruined his whole life if he had got it wrong.

i really cant see why he hasnt been pushed more than he has been.........anyone else got any suggestions on how the show......off. can improve to push him to main event status?
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

dolph ziggler Empty Re: dolph ziggler

Post by Crimey Wed 12 Dec 2012, 2:35 pm

I think the main issue with Ziggler is that his main strength is looking good taking a beating, and I think he let that go to his head and he's always looking for that big spot rather than having a good match. I think in recent months he's gone over the top with the selling as well and I'd go as far as saying that the quality of his matches have really decreased.

For me, he's no believable as a main eventer, and won't be until he has a decent run where he's not relying on Vickie Guerrero whose he's been stuck with for a couple of years now I think, and concentrates on having good matches rather than selling moves. I'm also not convinced that he's as good on the mic, as people think he is. He obviously has natural charisma, this was clear to see from the days he went shaking people's hand backstage, but there's a big difference between being good on the mic and being charismatic.

I don't think WWE feel they can really get behind him, because he's not that good, I think he'll forever be stuck between main event and mid-card, winning the odd world title but never establishing himself in the same way as a Cena, Orton or Punk. He's this generations' Chris Jericho rather than Shawn Michaels.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 12 Dec 2012, 3:24 pm

I think theres a good few of us on here (I know both Kay Fabe and I have mentioned his on the same thread a few times) that think he is missing the big money finisher that smacks of star quality. He needs the Superkick, no one in the company could pull it off better and it has an aura about it.

Hes been given more time to talk for himself lately, and I think hes a good talker. I really think he should go with the New HBK gimmick. If he beat HHH with a Superkick it would be massive.

They are building him up steadily but nicely at the moment, letting him fight more rather than just running etc, but he hasnt really had a match where you think 'hes a big deal now'. Beating Orton down at Survivor Series was a start, but WWE sadly have made nothing of it cos they run away from emphasising any weakness in Orton. I think a better commentary team would have made more of that, and hes not the only younger guy held back by the poor selling of Cole and King.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Wed 12 Dec 2012, 3:53 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote: and hes not the only younger guy held back by the poor selling of Cole and King.

on that we can agree. unfortunatly i dont think they know that they are dragging the product down and holding stars like dolph back with their awful commentary. i dont listen to cole/king at all and just ignore them when they speak whereas if you have regal or titus or jim ross or jbl on commentary then i listen for the laughs they give you.
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Wed 12 Dec 2012, 3:59 pm

I agree with Ziggler needing a better finisher, although I don't think setting him up as the new 'HBK will help him at all. To be a top player you need to be your own man, and he'll always come off second best when being compared to Michaels.

I agree with Crimey regarding his mic skills. I don't think he's in the top half dozen on the mic, and his character comes across being desperate for the fans to cheer him, when he should be be really getting them to despise him.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down