The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Djokovic the drama queen

4 posters

Go down

Djokovic the drama queen Empty Djokovic the drama queen

Post by socal1976 Thu 19 Feb 2015, 6:00 am

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8959004

Australian Open champion Novak Djokovic is a man of many talents.

However, for all his impersonations and accents he hasn’t formally tried his hand at acting, until now.

The tennis star shocked an audience at a youth play when he appeared onstage in Serbia’s capital, Belgrade.

Footage from Belgrade Youth’s Chicago Perversion shows the audience break into loud applause as Djokovic walks onstage while his co-stars appear just as surprised by his cameo.

The 27-year-old was wearing black shoes, shorts, an orange shirt and matching sunglasses while holding hands with a female actor.

While he didn’t say any lines in the short clip, he popped his collar and appeared to be playing the tough guy in an exchange with two male characters.

BB, is right Novak is a bit dramatic. Nice touch showing up at a play in a non speaking role.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Djokovic the drama queen Empty Re: Djokovic the drama queen

Post by kingraf Thu 19 Feb 2015, 6:03 am

Lol - To absolutely no one's surprise!!!

Good on him though, no point in having personal wealth which is equivalent to the GDP of a small island if you don't use it to live out some of your dreams, and random desires.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 19 Feb 2015, 7:11 am

kingraf wrote:Lol - To absolutely no one's surprise!!!

Good on him though, no point in having personal wealth which is equivalent to the GDP of a small island if you don't use it to live out some of your dreams, and random desires.

Yeah, I like that he is feeling so relaxed and enjoying it. He is a rare breed that can be serious about his life and his job without being too serious.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 19 Feb 2015, 9:05 am

socal1976 wrote:While he didn’t say any lines in the short clip, he popped his collar and appeared to be playing the tough guy in an exchange with two male characters.[/i]

And very impressive to see him showing such range; it would have been so easy for him to be typecast as a hypochondriac. To be able to go completely out of character and act the tough guy shows a lot of promise. clap
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Thu 19 Feb 2015, 9:24 am

This kind of thing is a large part of why I like Novak.

If I were a world famous sportsman, this is the type of silly thing that I think it would be fun to do.

bogbrush wrote:And very impressive to see him showing such range; it would have been so easy for him to be typecast as a hypochondriac. To be able to go completely out of character and act the tough guy shows a lot of promise. clap
^ this did make me laugh though.

BB, if you ever accidentally paid Novak a sincere compliment, I'd find it quite unnerving!

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 19 Feb 2015, 11:01 am

bogbrush wrote:
socal1976 wrote:While he didn’t say any lines in the short clip, he popped his collar and appeared to be playing the tough guy in an exchange with two male characters.[/i]

And very impressive to see him showing such range; it would have been so easy for him to be typecast as a hypochondriac. To be able to go completely out of character and act the tough guy shows a lot of promise. clap

Djokovic is a renaissance man he can play tennis, do the hypochondriac role, the tough guy routine, the comedian. But very funny BB. Don't forget give me credit for teeing this one up for you.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Thu 19 Feb 2015, 11:37 am

Let's not forget that he has history with the tough guy roles.

The terrorists subsequently complained that, immediately prior to despatching them with merely a tennis racquet, Djokovic looked like he was short of breath and cramping.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 19 Feb 2015, 12:14 pm

Quite remarkable Djokovic taking out a dozen terrorists. The room seemed to poorly ventilated
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 19 Feb 2015, 2:41 pm

Classic Novak; hopelessly outnumbered and outgunned he slumps to his knees and as the terrorists close in for the kill thinking their man is down for the count, up he springs and despatches them with aplomb! (all that bit was on the cutting room floor).

There was a Directors Cut version where he was being badly beaten by a far superior opponent and just at the point of the coup de grace, he threw a blind and reckless slap and knocked the guy out, then claimed it was some extreme skill martial arts thing like Pai Mei's 5 point palm exploding heart technique.

acknowledgements to socal & Murdoch - I like this double-double act thing we've got going on here.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down