The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Is The Biggest Drama Queen?

+2
Jahu
hawkeye
6 posters

Go down

Who is the biggest Drama Queen?

Who Is The Biggest Drama Queen? Vote_lcap80%Who Is The Biggest Drama Queen? Vote_rcap 80% 
[ 4 ]
Who Is The Biggest Drama Queen? Vote_lcap0%Who Is The Biggest Drama Queen? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who Is The Biggest Drama Queen? Vote_lcap20%Who Is The Biggest Drama Queen? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Who Is The Biggest Drama Queen? Empty Who Is The Biggest Drama Queen?

Post by hawkeye Sun 01 Feb 2015, 4:00 pm

Murray is well known for his grimacing and clutching of body parts. Virginia Wade called him a drama queen for his antics. But Murray refuses to accept this title and in these bitter words following his defeat to Djokovic he had this to say

Q. Is it a legitimate tactic to maybe make your opponent think you're injured and then come back flying?

ANDY MURRAY: No, it's not legitimate. Like I have no idea what the issue was. He obviously looked like he was in quite a bad way at the beginning of the third set and came back unbelievable at the end of that set. Then obviously the way he was hitting the ball in the fourth and moving was impressive. So, yeah, I don't know exactly what the issue was for him.

Q. Do you think it was a deliberate element to it? At the start of the second and third, looked like he was buckling under.

ANDY MURRAY: I don't know. I don't know. I have no idea. I mean, it's obviously what he thinks. I would hope that that wouldn't be the case. But, yeah, if it was cramp, how he recovered from it, that's a tough thing to recover from and play as well as he did at the end. So, yeah, I'm frustrated at myself for letting that bother me at the beginning of the third set, because I was playing well, I had good momentum, and then just dropped off for like 10 minutes and it got away from me. So that's the most frustrating thing because I thought I obviously had opportunities in the first set. I couldn't quite get them. I managed to sneak the second. Then obviously was that break up in the third. So, yeah, there was definitely opportunities there.

Q. Why do you think you let it get to you this time?

ANDY MURRAY: What do you mean 'this time'?

Q. You played him before. You've played lots of matches where it looked like he was hurt. This one seemed to rattle you more than usual.

ANDY MURRAY: Yeah, I don't know exactly. I think, like I said, the way he was moving at the end of the third set, he obviously started playing much better again. That contributed to some of it, as well. But I don't know. Maybe it was the situation that you know if someone's cramping in the final of a slam, with such a long way to go, you're feeling pretty good about yourself. Yeah, maybe, like I said, I dropped off for 10, 15 minutes there, and he got back into it. That was it. I don't know exactly why it was the case, but I've never really experienced that in a slam final before. Maybe the occasion was something to do with it. I don't know.

http://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2015-02-01/201502011422797281085.html

censored I can't help it but this is Laugh I get the impression that even the interviewer is a little devil

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Who Is The Biggest Drama Queen? Empty Re: Who Is The Biggest Drama Queen?

Post by Guest Sun 01 Feb 2015, 4:07 pm

I voted and it wasn't any of the 2 on show Ok!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun 01 Feb 2015, 4:09 pm

Yeah, as you LK are after some Djoko fan Laugh

Play it cool laughing
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Feb 2015, 4:12 pm

You are like the forum hard-on! Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun 01 Feb 2015, 4:15 pm

Ahhaha, at least i show it and not supress it like you which is not healthy.

Thought this thread was made for it Laugh
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sun 01 Feb 2015, 4:23 pm

Which bit of the above is bitter?

I've read the full transcript and my interpretation is the press were desperately trying to get him to accuse Novak of feigning. And Andy refused to do so.

You are the one that sounds bitter.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 01 Feb 2015, 4:29 pm

I notice you haven't offered any commentary whatsoever on the match outcome today, hawkeye. Or congratulated the winner. You're much more interested in slating a man who just lost a major final and trying to drum up controversy.

Even for you, this is low.

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sun 01 Feb 2015, 4:49 pm

Silver wrote:I notice you haven't offered any commentary whatsoever on the match outcome today, hawkeye. Or congratulated the winner. You're much more interested in slating a man who just lost a major final and trying to drum up controversy.

Even for you, this is low.

I didn't watch the match but when I checked to see the result all the talk was about this. I don't think I'm drumming up controversy just commenting on what many people are talking about. There are other threads talking about the match I'm sure. I'm not surprised about the winner he was a heavy favorite I think. I bet whatever people say here the big story in the papers tomorrow will be about Drama Queens. I suppose it's reasonable to feel that it's a shame but that's the way it is. I did watch the women's final and the tennis was high quality with no dramatics Very Happy

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sun 01 Feb 2015, 4:56 pm

HE - can you add an option for Nadal please?

It is unsubstantiated that either are drama queens, as opposed to genuinely injured, but what you refer to (seeming injured one minute, running fine the next) is exactly what happened to Rafa in last years AO final. Rafa's is also unsubstantiated, so it would be fair.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Feb 2015, 4:56 pm

Laugh

Can't wait for the headlines with Drama Queen in them.

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Sun 01 Feb 2015, 5:11 pm

Danny_1982 wrote: but what you refer to (seeming injured one minute, running fine the next) is exactly what happened to Rafa in last years AO final.
No I don't think he was running fine after his injury in that final Danny.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Sun 01 Feb 2015, 5:13 pm

As for the OP- Hawkeye I think it is impossible to know for sure how Djokovic felt. I don't think it was gamesmanship or him being a drama queen, but some may disagree.
Murray seemed non-commital in his interview really.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun 01 Feb 2015, 5:14 pm

Pathetic WUM topic - locked.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down