The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murray: Angry, Upset, Emotional And Dissapointed About Being Called A Drama Queen

+13
socal1976
jersey
Haddie-nuff
CaledonianCraig
beeman
djlovesyou
Jahu
laverfan
banbrotam
Calder106
Jeremy_Kyle
Chydremion
hawkeye
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is Andy Murray A Drama Queen?

Murray: Angry, Upset, Emotional And Dissapointed About Being Called A Drama Queen Vote_lcap44%Murray: Angry, Upset, Emotional And Dissapointed About Being Called A Drama Queen Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 7 ]
Murray: Angry, Upset, Emotional And Dissapointed About Being Called A Drama Queen Vote_lcap56%Murray: Angry, Upset, Emotional And Dissapointed About Being Called A Drama Queen Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 16

Murray: Angry, Upset, Emotional And Dissapointed About Being Called A Drama Queen Empty Murray: Angry, Upset, Emotional And Dissapointed About Being Called A Drama Queen

Post by hawkeye Sat 02 Jun 2012, 9:09 am

Murray bravely played through the agony of a muscle spasm in his last match. Not everyone gave him the sympathy that he felt he deserved. In particular an old friend of his mum Virginia Wade had this to say.

I have tremendous sympathy that his back is bad, but I have more sympathy for the other guy as, honestly, you cannot play against someone who is being a drama queen."

An article in the Independent describes the pain and loneliness that Murray experienced

The world number four woke up yesterday morning with a back spasm that meant he could not put much weight on his left leg and almost did not take to the court at all. He was barely able to move or serve at times early on and was seen by the trainer three times during the match.

"It is lonely (on court) but before the match I was there with the guys, talking about what I should do, and then, when I was out on the court, especially the first few sets, I wasn't looking up at anyone or engaging with anything they were saying at all, because I was just so down about how I was feeling.

Having fought through in such difficult circumstances and then to hear that an old family friend wasn't as sympathetic to his terrible situation was clearly extreemly upsetting for Murray. The telegraph described how he reacted to this news.

Andy Murray was genuinely upset yesterday when he heard what Virginia Wade had been saying about him on Eurosport’s French Open coverage. He looked off into the distance, and tried to keep his answer civil, but he didn’t quite manage it.

He pointed out that Wade played in a "much easier era" (therefore she obviously would have no idea about the difficulties Murray faced having to play the great Federer, Nadal and Djokovic?) Murray said that Wade had no idea about what he was feeling on court and clearly felt betrayed by someone he has known since being a really young child.

"And then you have people like that who always have to come out and say something controversial when, really, they should be
supportive or maybe ask me a question first before commenting on it. "I've known her since I was a really young kid. She used to do coaching stuff with my mum since I was a really young child. She has no idea what I was feeling on the court. She doesn't know what was happening 20 minutes before I went out on to the court, what I was feeling, what I was doing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/frenchopen/9305591/French-Open-2012-Virginia-Wade-might-call-Andy-Murray-a-drama-queen-but-she-played-in-a-much-easier-era.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray-dismisses-criticism-from-virginia-wade-after-he-was-branded-a-drama-queen-7810869.html

The message Murray is sending about being a "Drama Queen" is clear.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Murray: Angry, Upset, Emotional And Dissapointed About Being Called A Drama Queen Empty Re: Murray: Angry, Upset, Emotional And Dissapointed About Being Called A Drama Queen

Post by Chydremion Sat 02 Jun 2012, 9:18 am

Sure he is a drama queen. But my opinion is not only based on this particular match. Actually this time it seemed quite serious.

Everytime Murray loses a point one of his bodyparts starts hurting.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Murray: Angry, Upset, Emotional And Dissapointed About Being Called A Drama Queen Empty Re: Murray: Angry, Upset, Emotional And Dissapointed About Being Called A Drama Queen

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sat 02 Jun 2012, 9:34 am

Hawk: you know well that should Muzza get rid of Nadal in the semis, an article "Thank you Andy and Rafa" is already there in the pipeline.....
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Sat 02 Jun 2012, 9:48 am

"He pointed out that Wade played in a "much easier era" (therefore she obviously would have no idea about the difficulties Murray faced having to play the great Federer, Nadal and Djokovic?)"

Nice twist Hawkeye dropping this in as if Murray said it. He doesn't in either of the articles you have attached (although the Telegraph reporter says it himself). If he said it elsewhwre I have not seen it reported. What I see is a measured reply to a critisism. Virginia Wade's opinion is that he was over reacting to his injury. Murray is saying she had no idea of the actual pain is was feeling.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jun 2012, 10:10 am

HE: you are not a feminist and neither is Viginia Wade, as a feminist would realise the "drama queen" term itself is an affront to woman. It is a term used by aggressor males in the patriarchal society to shut woman up as part of their oppression. That Virginia Wade used the term just reveals how widespread is the indoctrination, in which the very language itself is crafted into a tool for women oppression.

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Sat 02 Jun 2012, 10:27 am

Calder106 wrote:"He pointed out that Wade played in a "much easier era" (therefore she obviously would have no idea about the difficulties Murray faced having to play the great Federer, Nadal and Djokovic?)"

Nice twist Hawkeye dropping this in as if Murray said it. He doesn't in either of the articles you have attached (although the Telegraph reporter says it himself). If he said it elsewhwre I have not seen it reported. What I see is a measured reply to a critisism. Virginia Wade's opinion is that he was over reacting to his injury. Murray is saying she had no idea of the actual pain is was feeling.

Don't feed the Hyena's. They always just get more aggressive and badly behaved. In other words it's time we left Hawkeye in the fantasy world that she's existed in, ever since her 606 days monkey

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 02 Jun 2012, 10:31 am

HE... You seem to have boundless energy in denigrating a specific player. Can you lend some to Murray so he can get over his back injury? Run

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 02 Jun 2012, 11:02 am

/ignore HE
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sat 02 Jun 2012, 2:08 pm

hawkeye wrote:
I have tremendous sympathy that his back is bad, but I have more sympathy for the other guy as, honestly, you cannot play against someone who is being a drama queen."

I've never seen that rule before. What would the penalty have been for Jarko should he have decided to play properly when Andy was being a 'drama queen'.

Did the umpire call 'Andy Murray is being a drama queen - Murray has 2 more drama queen moments available' and then Jarko had to stop playing?

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by beeman Sun 03 Jun 2012, 8:59 am

I thought the interview with John Inverdull (sorry, Inverdale Wink ) and Fabrice Santoro was most enlightening. It was broadcast midway through the ITV4 Day 7 coverage and Murray was given a chance to elucidate further, having had the day or so to calm down and reflect.

Amid the general chat he referred to a study of the men's tour which collated data for all the men regarding MTOs and Forfeitures. The conclusion being that he, along with Federer, were the two best performers on tour, scoring the least in both areas.

Those are hardly the stats of a 'drama queen'! (I don't like the term myself, but I'm using it because it's the one everyone has used)
Rather, they suggest he is one of the most professional players on tour, with a very solid work ethic.

beeman

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 03 Jun 2012, 9:46 am

Sadly, beeman if you are expecting hawkeye to see sense then forget it. She is the sort that if Andy Murray was seen rescuing children from a blazing orphanage sh'd swear it was either staged or something sinister behind it.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by beeman Sun 03 Jun 2012, 9:59 am

CC - That sounds like an Athena poster waiting to happen! Smile

I think she's already seen the light, although she'll never tell us that...

beeman

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 03 Jun 2012, 10:01 am

Nope I am afraid as far as Murray is concerned she will never see the light - a bit like those micro-biorganisms that live at the deepest depths of oceans.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 03 Jun 2012, 10:30 am

Is that Micro bjornborgnisms Craig Wink

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 03 Jun 2012, 10:32 am

Haddie-nuff wrote:Is that Micro bjornborgnisms Craig Wink

Ohhh pleeaasee not this early on a Sundaymorning. laughing
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 03 Jun 2012, 10:37 am

Ive been up an hour longer than you here remember !!!!... anyway I didn´t have a "heavy" Saturday night ....lol

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 03 Jun 2012, 10:42 am

I get enough of those jokes out of the Christmas crackers - once a year is enough thanks. laughing Hug
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 03 Jun 2012, 10:50 am

Sorry it just struck a cord.. music music obviously I was out of tune
Ill remember not to post such "mind blowing hillarity" on a Sunday morning in future Hug

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 03 Jun 2012, 10:53 am

Mind blowing - yes. Hilarity - certainly not. laughing
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 03 Jun 2012, 11:01 am

Just think your self fortunate Craig I could have gone further and said

Mecnrobjornborganisms but that would have really been going over the top
But dont tempt me to get even worse .. have another cup coffee and read the paper Hug

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 03 Jun 2012, 11:05 am

You can get worse??? Shocked Hug
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 03 Jun 2012, 11:08 am

Im sure I could come up with something given the time... but the tennis is not far off now... but heh !!!!! leave it with me Whistle Hug

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Jun 2012, 12:22 pm

OMG.. Craig has demonstrated a sense of humour. Yahoo

What next.. Andy's gonna win a slam. thumbsup

I'm finally a believer zen

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 03 Jun 2012, 12:30 pm

emancipator wrote:OMG.. Craig has demonstrated a sense of humour. Yahoo

What next.. Andy's gonna win a slam. thumbsup

I'm finally a believer zen

ghost

emancipator

I can...with those that display an honest sense of humour as well. Wink
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by jersey Sun 03 Jun 2012, 12:36 pm

Virginia Wade is a multiple slam winner, Wimbledon winner. A legend.

Murray is more likely to win an academy award in the future than a slam.

Better actor than tennis player.

jersey

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sun 03 Jun 2012, 1:48 pm

Nore Staat wrote:HE: you are not a feminist and neither is Viginia Wade, as a feminist would realise the "drama queen" term itself is an affront to woman. It is a term used by aggressor males in the patriarchal society to shut woman up as part of their oppression. That Virginia Wade used the term just reveals how widespread is the indoctrination, in which the very language itself is crafted into a tool for women oppression.

Nore Staat.

I have to accept the criticism. In fairness it wasn't me that used the term but in the emotion of the moment I didn't stop and think before quoting it. As a great admirer of Virginia Wade I would like to think it was lack of thought rather than approval of the patriarchal society in which we live that made her call Andy a "drama queen". She should perhaps have stuck to the original criticism. That it was "Unfair, unprofessional, missleading and like a "Greek tragedy". Although someone else did point out the use of the description "Greek tragedy" could in todays climate cause offence to many. What term could Virginia Wade use that would fully describe Muray's portrayal of agony?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 04 Jun 2012, 6:58 am

Is murray a drama queen, well no, because of what the term suggest and connotes. I don't think there is anyone who would like to be called that. Wade is certainly a highly credentialed individual. I will say that murray is an animated character on the court and prone to displays of discomfort and agony in his on body and game when things aren't going well and sometimes even when they are. But would I say that Murray goes to the level of being an actor or melodramatic and looking for sympathy is a bit much. It is odd how certain segments of the british sports world seem to take so much pleasure in taking runs at murray. Some of it fair but the vast majority not.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:57 am

social1976

As Virginia Wade pointed out the reward for displays of "discomfort and agony" can be a little bit more than sympathy. Lendl honestly confirmed by saying that “Andy’s having so much fun at the moment,”after that particular display that Murray appears to enjoy this way of winning points.

Of course Murray would be furious with Wade or anyone else for stating the obvious. He believes he is much smarter than everyone else.

https://www.606v2.com/t29074-people-say-i-m-much-smarter-than-them-says-murray

He also believes he is much more powerful than anyone else in British tennis and that everyone in the British media should be supportive of him and not say anything "contraversial" before talking to him first. (By "contraversial" I presume he means anything that would not be approved and passed by his own media team)

I wonder how he could have come to believe that?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Jun 2012, 2:09 pm

He also believes he is much more powerful than anyone else in British tennis and that everyone in the British media should be supportive of him and not say anything "contraversial" before talking to him first. (By "contraversial" I presume he means anything that would not be approved and passed by his own media team)

I wonder how he could have come to believe that?

Can I ask how you came to this conclusion without comments or quotes to back up such a mentality given that going's on in the LTA are hardly your strong point now eh?

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 04 Jun 2012, 2:28 pm

Nore Staat wrote:HE: you are not a feminist and neither is Viginia Wade, as a feminist would realise the "drama queen" term itself is an affront to woman. It is a term used by aggressor males in the patriarchal society to shut woman up as part of their oppression. That Virginia Wade used the term just reveals how widespread is the indoctrination, in which the very language itself is crafted into a tool for women oppression.
A tool for female oppression used by a woman on a man?

I think you're a bit sensitive, I don't know any powerful men who occupy thir minds with keeping women down, in fact strong people don't focus on weakening others, that's the behaviour of weak people. Strong people just focus on their own advantages.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 04 Jun 2012, 2:34 pm

Jim Courier - eye witness account of the affair who watched Murray over the whole match and has suffered the same back spasms.

Virginia Wade - watching in a TV studio getting same TV pictures as everyone else and is unknown if she has ever suffered back spasms.

Go figure whose view holds more water.

PS Let us not forget Niemenen and Ljubicic's opinion which different from Wade's.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 04 Jun 2012, 2:40 pm

Yes Craig, we heard that argument the first time you posted it. And the 2nd, 3rd etc.

You always overlook Wade's superior knowledge of the character of the 'real' Andy Murray. Superior even to your own.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 04 Jun 2012, 2:58 pm

No not an argument a fact which some bloody-minded people cannot accept.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Jun 2012, 6:33 pm

[quote="CaledonianCraig"]Jim Courier - eye witness account of the affair who watched Murray over the whole match and has suffered the same back spasms.

Virginia Wade - watching in a TV studio getting same TV pictures as everyone else and is unknown if she has ever suffered back spasms.

Can we not make the mistake of dismissing Wade's comments as she is in-experienced. I mean christ HE made that mistake with Courier.

Wade made views and the majority have not agreed. Doesn't mean she is not entitled to a view on things.

But please respect the pro's whether you agree or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:08 pm

Why are we expected to take Andys assertions seriously when he's been blatantly feigning injury against Gasquet?

THIS is why I call him a drama queen, and find it harder to admire him than I want.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:16 pm

Fine do as you please bogbrush as that is your decision but can I freely label Fed a drama queen when I see him clutching parts of his body as I have,
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:18 pm

Ferrer won't fold like Gasquet or Nieminen before him.

This is what makes Wednesday the more intriguing.

Why has Federer landed on this thread?

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:21 pm

Because Craig always runs to Federer whenever he's stuck.

Earlier on Federer was a moonballer. Now apparently he does a lot of on court injury stuff. Shocked

Words fail me. Rolling Eyes
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:24 pm

That Federer I tell you.

Strip him of his Slams!

To stay on topic, I am not a fan of what Andy done earlier, though he upped his game after that and Gasquet floundered.

Ferrer will not be so accomodating.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:26 pm

Does a lot? Well Murray doesn't? Alongside Federer has had least MTO and withdrawals on the tennis tour. Now I saw Federer clutch his back a few weeks ago but was there a fuss. Of course not.Was Fed labelled a drama queen. Of course not. Why? You tell me.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:30 pm

"Alongside Federer has had...."? Lol!!

Federer has one MTO I can recall, two pre-match withdrawals and ZERO mid-match retirements ever in his long career.

Alongside. Yeah. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by bogbrush on Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:30 pm

CC,

Murray showed no signs of pain during his match with Giraldo.

The inconsistency of it does not give credit to the leigitmacy of his injury.

That said I stick by what I said earlier, if you cannot hold it mentally over such a thing as holding your back, shouldn't be on court.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:31 pm

Yes go query the ATP as they did the complete survey on it and came up with the results,
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:33 pm

I don't need to look through the rule books to know that there is diddly squat in them about holding a part of the body. Every player has held a part of their body in the sport without it being queried but of course with Andy it is amplified, mentioned and discussed. Why?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:36 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:I don't need to look through the rule books to know that there is diddly squat in them about holding a part of the body. Every player has held a part of their body in the sport without it being queried but of course with Andy it is amplified, mentioned and discussed. Why?

A set down and 5-4 in the 2nd does not do favours. It is Nadal/Delpo Wimbledon again. The timing of it is suspect.

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:37 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:I don't need to look through the rule books to know that there is diddly squat in them about holding a part of the body. Every player has held a part of their body in the sport without it being queried but of course with Andy it is amplified, mentioned and discussed. Why?
You really are very loyal.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:37 pm

We'd all be clutching our backs if our serving motions resembled a 60 year old weight lifter
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:39 pm

None of his sportsmanship will have an effect on David Wink
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:40 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:None of his sportsmanship will have an effect on David Wink

Exactly.

Remember AO 2010 when he saw Nadal out in 3.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:44 pm

I fancy Ferrer to win in any case as he has played great stuff so far. However, for Murray from looking like retiring in Round Two and losing heaps of points he is through to the quarters and so points loss won't be so vast. Sixth consecutive Slam quarter-final now for Andy.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next