The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Euro Division Homepage - Sponsored by Viva's Vaginal Reconstruction Clinic

+9
Fernando
Holymiky
Hero
FIFA Diva
Marky
GSC
Brooksy
FootballLight
Afro
13 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Euro Division Homepage - Sponsored by Viva's Vaginal Reconstruction Clinic - Page 10 Empty Euro Division Homepage - Sponsored by Viva's Vaginal Reconstruction Clinic

Post by Afro Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Nadal Semi League

Schedule
League Table
TP Bids
Lawyers
Transfer Confirmation Page
Injuries
Players in the League
Rumor Mill
Rules Page
Prediction

Teams
FC Basel - Football Light
Bordeaux - Fernando
Bremen - Miky
Genk - Trebs
Granada - Azzy
Montpellier - Marky
PAOK - Afro
Twente - Hero
Verona - Nadeem

Season 3 Fixtures Week 6 - Due Monday 2nd March By Midnight
Granada v Verona
Bremen v Twente
Genk v Bordeaux
Montpellier v PAOK

Vote: Football Light

TRANSFERMARKT ADVANCED SEARCH:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/detailsuche/spielerdetail/suche
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Euro Division Homepage - Sponsored by Viva's Vaginal Reconstruction Clinic - Page 10 Empty Re: Euro Division Homepage - Sponsored by Viva's Vaginal Reconstruction Clinic

Post by FootballLight Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:33 pm

Eastenders Spoilers:

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Euro Division Homepage - Sponsored by Viva's Vaginal Reconstruction Clinic - Page 10 Empty Re: Euro Division Homepage - Sponsored by Viva's Vaginal Reconstruction Clinic

Post by Fernando Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:34 pm

If going to talk about that put it in spoilers for people that haven't seen/recorded i guess Ok!

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:37 pm

Just to cover myself, I don't watch Eastenders, haven't tonight, just wanted to spook people. Apologies if I was right, it was a 25% chance I believe Laugh

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:38 pm

You were right to be fair Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:47 pm

Afro wrote:I think you are quite wide of the mark to be honest FL

The league is made deliberately simple to make it playable with minimal interest.

The money is made deliberately low so that it isn't just exercise in buying the best side. You have to be clever with your money to compete.

And the manager turnover is really low. The ones that leave, do so because they are busy with real life, not because of boredom with the league. I would say we are largely the same group as the one that started on here 4 years ago.

Just my thoughts on it.

Oh and you lost all respectability when you called sheep naff. I think you need a game of mafia, just so we can lynch you

I understand why the league and the money was deliberately low. But like I said, only 1 of us per week can earn the maximum £3.5m at best. Sure, I'd take it because as you've said, money is tight in this league. The only problem I see with it, how else do I get money? I can sell players through lawyers. Well my back-up players in my Basel squad would be worth about £1-7m each I'd say if I sold my back-up players (on average). So how would I ever improve from there? Lets face it, I'd be able to roll in a good £30-40m from that alone which would be able to buy me 1/2 really good players right now. That's fine because then 2 other players become back-up, but then, I've improved my Starting 11 twice, good, but I'm left with no squad. And with no loans allowed in this league, my squad becomes so small, its very difficult to run.

So lawyers can get me some money. Lets say £5m for a back-up player as 1 lawyer, fair enough, I'd take that quite comfortably. But then, I think I've done well and I can sign someone better, but for £5m, I won't find anyone massively better than the player I sold for £5m and I've just replaced one back-up player for £5m, for another £5m back-up player, so I haven't improved. That goes for the same with my first team squad. I sell someone from my first team for £17m, so I've got £17m to replace that player (unless the back-up person is good enough). Again, I'm just left in the cycle, how on earth will I find someone to start for me that is worth £17m that is also better than the player I sold? Again, that's very difficult. Not impossible, but extremely difficult.

If that makes sense to you. Just tell me if it's not.

However, then  if there was 2/3 more schemes where I could earn say up to £6m cash (so £2m for each scheme), then I would have £11m to buy a better back-up player, or £23m to buy a better stating player. And on the whole, players with a higher transfermarkt value will most likely be a better player, 9 times out of 10, correct? So then it becomes a little easier in comparison. Obviously, it will be very unlikely I will win all 3 schemes, but at least if I win 1, I get £2m extra, I can now sign a better player. That's my point.

And with sheep, apologies for calling it naff, but that's the perfect example of a scheme to play for some cash. £2m for the person with the most correct answers. It seems fairly popular, I'd be much more likely to be involved I there was a couple of extra million shoved in there, activity once again increases.

I'm not criticising, I'm just making a suggestion that I think would be more beneficial for the league personally.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:51 pm

We play sheep for the love of the game not money.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:55 pm

I understand that Viva, but even still, I'd be straight in answering questions if there was money involved. Its competitive, bragging rights and it also keeps the activity up, as always.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:02 pm

Well, you get £8m per win. The sponsorship was designed to try and give the little boys like me and you chance to cash up with the giants in the league.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:11 pm

Yep and that is really good. But we were given that sponsorship deal on the basis we were not going to do very well this season because we are a smaller team with less quality. That's hard to build up. I may only get 2/3 wins, so that's £24m max from wins, good money tbf. But I'm also thinking for everyone else in the league as well.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:11 pm

eastenders spoiler:
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:14 pm

Eastenders spoiler:

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:20 pm

Eastenders spoiler:

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:36 pm

Eastenders spoilers

I don't give a rats bottom.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:42 pm

Hard, but not impossible. Look at how pathetic our teams were when the league began. We now have Sanchez, Hazard, Fabregas, Costa, Aguero. It's a work in progress, just like managing a club. I love the grind. It's far more rewarding than just buying your way to a good team.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:56 pm

I'm only saying, throw that extra few million in there just to speed up the process. It takes a lot of effort to save up to buy them players, why even bother sometimes is what I think? I don't mind this system, I'd just prefer the extra million because I'm going to win any games at the rate I'm going at.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:02 pm

Eastenders spoiler:

Last edited by FootballLight on Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:03 pm

I've never heard Soldado called that before but yeah, can't believe he scored Laugh

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:06 pm

The Eastenders big reveal was literally the biggest letdown ever.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:07 pm

And I knew who it was going to be thanks to Paddy power
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:19 pm

FootballLight wrote:
Eastenders spoiler:

Get the hint dumbass...Spoiler it

I told you that an hour ago. It was obvious really.

If you'd listened to those more switched on, you could have made yourself some money.

I don't think you should play mafia after all. You'd be lost amongst all the bigger brains Whistle
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:23 pm

i dont get it really. They had so many interesting ways to go, and they went for cheap shock value. I kinda expected better from the build up
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:27 pm

Euro Division Homepage - Sponsored by Viva's Vaginal Reconstruction Clinic - Page 10 11001877_786032058141078_5772011068023824006_n

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:47 am

Morning all. Busy day so won't be on much.

Nando, why is Dot Cotton in a fake taxi? Was it during the live episode? You'd think they could afford a real one.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:08 am

Morning guys. I'm not taking part in that Mafia, sheep or whatever you want to call it.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:12 am

Morning

That's ok FootballLight you're not forced to play sheep or Mafia.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:18 am

Good.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:30 am

Don't go rocking the boat FL, Sheep is sacred.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:31 am

I'll tip the boat soon enough. Laugh

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:43 am

FootballLight wrote:Morning guys. I'm not taking part in that Mafia, sheep or whatever you want to call it.

Because of this I'm going to "foe" you. Don't take it personally mate but you can if you want to. Sheep is love, mafia is life.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:45 am

I know I can if I want to. But I don't want to, that's what I'm saying.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:52 am

If you don't want to play you don't have to say it.

I don't want to kill you so does that mean I have to say I don't want to kill you?

Relax it's Friday.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:53 am

So when do tactics be in by? And I don't hand any in cuz I'm doing votes right. Still can't believe Max Branning was smashing Lucy Beale. I bet viva enjoyed it though.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:57 am

Well stopped making me being involved by voting me in. Thanks.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:59 am

I'll get some questions up in a bit for some sheep. EVERYONE is invited. PM answers to viva.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:10 am

You don't have to be involved you can easily ignore it. Obviously you won't be voted if you're not playing.

Sorry Nadeem I won't be able to take answers in.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:10 am

Isn't Miky doing Sheep?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:21 am

I'll do questions AND answers but I want 2 mill in return. Deal or No Deal?
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:23 am

No deal.

Generally it's the person who does votes that does sheep but if Miky isn't here then someone else can do sheep.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:26 am

I'll take 1mill then. That's the lowest I'll go. I'm not always this generous. This is like giving brand new Nike trainers to a charity shop.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:33 am

I'm sorry Nadeem but we can't give you any money, like I said yesterday we play sheep for the love not for money.

I don't wear Nike trainers I'd gladly give them to charity. I like Puma.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:34 am

I've been using a nasal stick when I got the cold, I'm addicted to it now.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:38 am

Would it not be better to give money for sheep?

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:39 am

Koba wrote:I've been using a nasal stick when I got the cold, I'm addicted to it now.

Make sure you don't get too addicted to it viva. I heard it can lead to glue sniffing if used to much.

Also what are the full terms of my sponsorship? A one off bonus of 12mill is too low. What's my win/draw bonus?
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:43 am

My sponsorship's the same and I finished 4th last season but got screwed over in the voting!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:47 am

I want to change my sponsorship. I don't like the one that gsc chose. Can I change it guys? Deal or No Deal?
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:48 am

GSC said that he chose the up front payment which means you get nothing more i believe and no you can't change it.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:51 am

Holymiky wrote:GSC said that he chose the up front payment which means you get nothing more i believe and no you can't change it.

OK oh holy one. I bowest down to thee words of wisdom spoken from thou mouth of equilibrium.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:54 am

nadeem2099 wrote:
Koba wrote:I've been using a nasal stick when I got the cold, I'm addicted to it now.

Make sure you don't get too addicted to it viva. I heard it can lead to glue sniffing if used to much.

Also what are the full terms of my sponsorship? A one off bonus of 12mill is too low. What's my win/draw bonus?

That won't happen I'm not from London or Bradford.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:58 am

It's not wisdom, it's the way we work things and the sponsorship that GSC chose which happened to be a payment up front and thats it.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:16 am

True viva. London is a crack den of glue sniffers.

I apologise oh holy one. Thou has spoken. Words of gospel can be heard everywhere from thou brave soul of man.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next