The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dawson has all the tools to beat Bhop

+5
Liam_Main
Young_Towzer
Jukebox Timebomb
WelshDevilRob
Seanusarrilius
9 posters

Go down

Dawson has all the tools to beat Bhop Empty Dawson has all the tools to beat Bhop

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 27 May 2011, 5:51 pm

Boxing is a funny game, take chad Dawson for example.

He is fast, not hurtful with a single punch no but very fast hands, he has range,height,slips punches fairly well when he wants to and good agility.

these are all reasons why he should be able to beat Bhop

Bhop gassed against Calzaghe, not im about to be kod gas, but i have done all i can now i need to roll around like a fool on the floor pretending to be low blowed. Calzaghe was not a big puncher or a natural LH. But his output exhausted Bhop as it did Roy Jones.

Dawson has height and reach on Calzaghe and if he employs a decent output then he should win.

But in the mind he is weak and i can fully see Hopkins spoiling and bullying him in a ugly fight.

Whny is Chad so bad at being bad?

He has all the attributes to dominate a poor LH division and as bad as was against Pascal he still looked like dropping him late.

Can he beat hopkins? and if not why?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Dawson has all the tools to beat Bhop Empty Re: Dawson has all the tools to beat Bhop

Post by WelshDevilRob Fri 27 May 2011, 9:02 pm

He has the tools but I'm not sure he has the application. He falls asleep too often in fights.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Dawson has all the tools to beat Bhop Empty Re: Dawson has all the tools to beat Bhop

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Sat 28 May 2011, 2:11 pm

Is dawson really that good?

Pascal dominated him. Johnson should have got the nod in their first match, and he didn't look good against Diaconu. I believe Hopkins did avoid Dawson because he knew it would be an ugly fight. Dawson needs to rematch and beat Pascal clearly if he wants Bernard.

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 28 May 2011, 2:32 pm

I'd love Chad to fight Hopkins, beat him get rid of him then fight Pascal again, be beautiful.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sat 28 May 2011, 2:38 pm

Steven_89 wrote:I'd love Chad to fight Hopkins, beat him get rid of him then fight Pascal again, be beautiful.

Dawson looked terrible against a average fighter in Diaconu.

A 46 year old Hopkins schooled Pascal,made him look poor and nothing more than a 4 round fighter.

Hopkins will rule this division for at least another 5 years a would say no one comes even close to him.

Last edited by Liam_Main on Sat 28 May 2011, 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sat 28 May 2011, 2:42 pm

I would like to see a rematch between Dawson and Pascal though. There first fight was entertaining and can see the second panning out the same.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 28 May 2011, 3:25 pm

hopkins is 46 not 42

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sat 28 May 2011, 3:31 pm

Doh He is yeah dunno where I got 42 from.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 28 May 2011, 3:37 pm

I think Bhop has the beating of Dawson and even Cloud. Syllakh may well be the man to put an end to Bhop. He looks the most well rounded of the LHW's with the exclusion of Hopkins he just needs to move up another level in opposition but his one sided victory over Despaigne was very impressive.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snakeyman123 Sun 29 May 2011, 9:35 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:Boxing is a funny game, take chad Dawson for example.

He is fast, not hurtful with a single punch no but very fast hands, he has range,height,slips punches fairly well when he wants to and good agility.

these are all reasons why he should be able to beat Bhop

Bhop gassed against Calzaghe, not im about to be kod gas, but i have done all i can now i need to roll around like a fool on the floor pretending to be low blowed. Calzaghe was not a big puncher or a natural LH. But his output exhausted Bhop as it did Roy Jones.

Dawson has height and reach on Calzaghe and if he employs a decent output then he should win.

But in the mind he is weak and i can fully see Hopkins spoiling and bullying him in a ugly fight.

Whny is Chad so bad at being bad?

He has all the attributes to dominate a poor LH division and as bad as was against Pascal he still looked like dropping him late.

Can he beat hopkins? and if not why?

Chad sent me to sleep vs Giacanou IMHO Bernard would own him like a second hand watch..

Snakeyman123

Back to top Go down

Post by khantdrive Thu 02 Jun 2011, 11:54 pm

There's a couple of good interviews with Hopkins on ESPN boxing at the moment. Well worth listening/reading.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=6611404

khantdrive

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 03 Jun 2011, 8:41 am

Sillakh still needs a year or two before he can beat bhop. He outboxed a boxer in despaigne but bhop is in a different league to the both of them. Sillakh has the tools and knows how to use them unlike Dawson. I do think a outside fighter with quick hands and good stamina is the key to beating bhop. ATM, he is a league above the rest. Hopkins could go another 2 years at the top of LHW. He could even get to 50 the way his body is at the moment. Age will catch up with him eventually though, but I can't see bhop retiring untill he sets a almost unbeatable record for oldest champion in history.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down