The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dawson v BHop

+2
EdWoodjr
Seanusarrilius
6 posters

Go down

Dawson v BHop Empty Dawson v BHop

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 27 Mar 2012, 6:51 pm

At times in his career i have really disliked Bhop, not so much these days but before. Regardless, you can't argue with his achievement of being a bonified world champ at 47. However, how does he beat Dawson. With Dawsons gifts there is no way he should lose to Bhop and if he ups his workrate enough, he hsould be able to pucker the old boy out and stop him. But Bhop is whiley, so how do you guys see this going??

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Dawson v BHop Empty Re: Dawson v BHop

Post by EdWoodjr Tue 27 Mar 2012, 7:00 pm

I fully expect a forgettable, mind-numbing stinkbomb with Dawson winning by at least 6 rounds.

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 27 Mar 2012, 7:07 pm

haha.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Tue 27 Mar 2012, 7:14 pm

Dawson wide UD but scorecards have it closer than anyone expects
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
Unbeatable Georgey Groves

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 27 Mar 2012, 7:27 pm

What about Dawson stoppage??

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 27 Mar 2012, 7:29 pm

Scorecards never seem to be beneficial to Hopkins so any close fight is going the way of Dawson, he needs to win decisively to hold on to his title but it's going to go all 12 rounds without doubt.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 27 Mar 2012, 7:31 pm

Dawson points then. Seems like the best bet

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 27 Mar 2012, 7:32 pm

I actually think if Dawson upped his workrate and stayed out of Bhops clinches he could force a stool stoppage. Hopkins has to get old eventually. Dawson is a beast of a natural athlete too, if he used it correctly a stoppage is not out the question

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 27 Mar 2012, 7:32 pm

I think Dawson wins decisively enough if he gets his tactics right and sets a decent tempo.

In their last couple of fights both guys have started slowly enough so I think the early rounds will be there for whoever wants them. Hopkins is aware that he doesnt have the same engine he used to so he looks to try and nich rounds here and there and take breathers or spoil when he can. If Dawson can build up a lead early it will be tough for Hopkins.

Hopkins age is obviously a factor, as is coming off a bad injury. Both negatives for him. I expect him to look to control the fight with a mixture of lead right hands and right hand counters against the southpaw Dawson. But I feel at this stage in their respective careers Dawson hols too many advantages across the board. Hes competant enough both on the inside and on the outside to make me think Hopkins can get away with neutralising him.

As lng as Dawson isnt tactically naive and allows Hopkins to dictate the tempo then I would anticipate him winning the fight by at least 4/5 rounds. Its going to be a battle of two technicians and I think the key battle will be between Dawsons jabs and Hopkins lead and counter rights trying to cope with him. But youth, speed, timing all favour Dawson and I think he win come out on top in the chess match as Hopkins age catches up with him.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 27 Mar 2012, 7:45 pm

Nice Manos

Dawson should be charged for this. He has been out for an age (not including his 1 1/2 round v bhop) and should want to make an impression. Bhop needs to be made to work from opening bell, if Dawson does that, it should be relatively easy nights work...for a fight against Bhop

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by raven45 Wed 28 Mar 2012, 3:25 pm

bernard always finds a way

raven45

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 28 Mar 2012, 3:36 pm

Might not be the case in this one, Dawson has all the advantages and Hopkins is old.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 28 Mar 2012, 3:39 pm

Everyone said that about Calzaghe, Pavlik and Pascal to be fair, hoping for a Hopkins win just to clean up the division once and for all.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 28 Mar 2012, 3:52 pm

I hope he wins too, but Dawson has literally all the cards bar experience. Hoping i am wrong but Bhop was dwarfed by him in the ring that first round and 3/4

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down