The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread

+19
slashermcguirk
Calder106
laverfan
Haddie-nuff
Danny_1982
summerblues
temporary21
kingraf
It Must Be Love
lags72
HM Murdock
hawkeye
sirfredperry
Jahu
bogbrush
Manojchandra
socal1976
Henman Bill
JuliusHMarx
23 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread - Page 2 Empty The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 15 Nov 2014, 11:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

The other thread will automatically split soon anyway, so here's a new one for the final.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread

Post by Jahu Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:10 pm

Fed staining Djokos WTF cup Laugh
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread

Post by It Must Be Love Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:10 pm

socal1976 wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:
socal1976 wrote:I can't believe it, Federer must be faking an injury like his nemesis Nadal always fakes injuries to get out of getting a butt kicking from an in form Djokovic.
Sshhhhhh

Here's a picture of Djokovic holding the World Tour Finals 2014 trophy:

The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread - Page 2 Asteri10

Can you imagine the collective hissy fit that would occur if Djoko had withdrawn or Nadal. We would hear all this nonsense about how they don't respect the game, the fans, are cheating and playing mind games.
Yes, the reaction would have been hysterical, especially it was Nadal.
Some people probably would be speculating he was silently banned for one match, or he was too scared so he quit etc.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:10 pm

Disgraceful end to what has been a disgraceful tournament.

picard

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:11 pm

socal1976 wrote:Can you imagine the ... hissy fit that would occur if Djoko had withdrawn or Nadal.
Or Fognini, for that matter.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:12 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:
socal1976 wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:
socal1976 wrote:I can't believe it, Federer must be faking an injury like his nemesis Nadal always fakes injuries to get out of getting a butt kicking from an in form Djokovic.
Sshhhhhh

Can you imagine the collective hissy fit that would occur if Djoko had withdrawn or Nadal. We would hear all this nonsense about how they don't respect the game, the fans, are cheating and playing mind games.
Some people probably would be speculating he was silently banned for one match, or he was too scared so he quit etc.

If he plays in the DC on Friday, it will be really disgraceful frankly. Go out there and make a go of it. Lets wait and see how "injured" Federer really is.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:13 pm

summerblues wrote:
socal1976 wrote:Can you imagine the ... hissy fit that would occur if Djoko had withdrawn or Nadal.
Or Fognini, for that matter.

Fogninniniiiiiiiiiii!!!! give me back my French open tournament you swarmy f.....

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:13 pm

It happened to Nadal in the warm-up against Wawrinka, it happens now to Federer in the latter stage of the match against Wawrinka; this is sport unfortunately.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:13 pm

In three days, Fed goes from almost double bageling Andy to this; I was quite looking forward to their match.  Sad

Maybe I will try to find their 2012 final on YouTube, I am hearing it was good.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:14 pm

socal1976 wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:
Sshhhhhh

What a load of nonsense.

Any sane tennis fan would've just said it's unlucky for either of them to have to pull out.

Have some class. This is only the second time in his entire career that Federer has pulled out of a match. Clearly he's not fit. If he could play on one leg he probably would have. 2013 is testament to that.

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:14 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:
socal1976 wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:
Sshhhhhh

Oh for sure if it was Nadal Veejay would be analyzing his urine from the TV screen right now.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:15 pm

Andy to win Laugh
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:16 pm

Jahu wrote:Andy to win Laugh
You would think Nole will let him win; it is being played in London.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:17 pm

socal1976 wrote:
Oh for sure if it was Nadal Veejay would be analyzing his urine from the TV screen right now.
PMSLLLLLL

I genuinely nearly fell off my chair laughing Laugh laughing

Think I'll be the only other person to understand you though..

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:18 pm

The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread - Page 2 3559488474 The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread - Page 2 3559488474 The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread - Page 2 3559488474

He could give us fans some hope yet!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:19 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:
socal1976 wrote:
PMSLLLLLL

If you truly want to annoy just simply say: the testers are in town! Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:20 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:
socal1976 wrote:
PMSLLLLLL

This just in Federer on super secret suspension that only I know about.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:22 pm

Just no bagles, please!

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:23 pm

socal1976 wrote:

........................................... Of course Fed fans can't stand their messiah being showed up so they have to spout venom at all who refuse to bow before the swiss golden calf.

Like I said earlier socal, I do agree with you, it's an absolute disgrace the way these fans behave.

And, as you were happy to tell us only the other day ..... when it comes to 'venom' you spout lots of it yourself in the direction of Federer - so let nobody ever accuse you of not being good at dishing it out. In fact not just good .... something of an expert (but then you have had lots of practice of course ...!)

Good on ya mate, as the Aussies would say .....  thumbsup

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:29 pm

Sounds like a very disappointing decision from Federer. Smells like a withdrawal because he knows he cannot win, not because he cannot play. I wonder if he would have withdrawn had it been someone easier in the final? I wonder if he would have withdrawn if there was no Davis Cup coming up?

But..it's hard to say for sure exactly how fit he is.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:30 pm

So I assume Murray/Djokovic will not count towards head to head, ranking points or anything. Unless they make it a genuine exhibition, it sounds dull. The doubles lookes better to me: "British number one Murray will then pair up with John McEnroe to play a doubles match against Tim Henman and Pat Cash. "

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:32 pm

He said he isn't match fit to play at the level required to compete with Djokovic... and he has a DC match coming up next week... I think this is a wise decision from Roger.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:35 pm

Henman Bill wrote:So I assume Murray/Djokovic will not count towards head to head, ranking points or anything.

No it will be a replacement final. If Murray wins he will deny Djokovic 1,500 points and Federer will be the year end number 1

cough... cough... Come on Murray Erm

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:36 pm

socal1976 wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:
Sshhhhhh

I cant help but agree with that Sorry

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:37 pm

summerblues wrote:
You would think Nole will let him win; it is being played in London.

Agree, let's see does he have any manly principles and honor.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:37 pm

Henman Bill wrote:Sounds like a very disappointing decision from Federer. Smells like a withdrawal because he knows he cannot win, not because he cannot play. I wonder if he would have withdrawn had it been someone easier in the final? I wonder if he would have withdrawn if there was no Davis Cup coming up?

Ding, ding, ding we have a winner. I will withhold judgement to see how hurt he is in a few days come DC time. He certainly was able to beat stan with this back. To me it smells fishy, like he is nursing his head to head with Djokovic and trying to save himself for DC, while crapping on Novak and the fan's parade. But lets see. If he plays a couple of five setters come DC he isn't that hurt.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:39 pm

lags72 wrote:
socal1976 wrote:

........................................... Of course Fed fans can't stand their messiah being showed up so they have to spout venom at all who refuse to bow before the swiss golden calf.

Like I said earlier socal, I do agree with you, it's an absolute disgrace the way these fans behave.

And, as you were happy to tell us only the other day ..... when it comes to 'venom' you spout lots of it yourself in the direction of Federer - so let nobody ever accuse you of not being good at dishing it out. In fact not just good .... something of an expert (but then you have had lots of practice of course ...!)

Good on ya mate, as the Aussies would say .....  thumbsup

I have attended numerous matches at Indian wells a couple with Fedhovah and have never interjected myself in the event by yelling out during the serve or heckling like a large number of Fedolytes do routinely in events and then think they are cute and all that.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:42 pm

***ALERT***

Please let Socal empty his rage about Fed here tonight.

No one dare and say anything against him Laugh
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:42 pm

Henman Bill wrote:Sounds like a very disappointing decision from Federer. Smells like a withdrawal because he knows he cannot win, not because he cannot play. I wonder if he would have withdrawn had it been someone easier in the final? I wonder if he would have withdrawn if there was no Davis Cup coming up?

Nail and head spring to mind.

If the DC carries that much importance for Federer, what was the point of showing up?

Beggars belief.

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:43 pm

DC is more important to Federer than WTF now. At lease he withdrew rather than retire in the middle of a match.

Old Man could have had better scheduling, but it is what it is.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:44 pm

Bar Djokovic, Nishikori and Wawrinka, the others should hang their heads in shame for this week.

Not one of tennis's finest moments. Sad really.

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:45 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:

If the DC carries that much importance for Federer, what was the point of showing up?

Beggars belief.
Federer says in his interview, on BBC: 'The way I feel right now there's no way I can compete... but probably in a few days it will be better.' 'I'm positive it will go away very soon'

How does he know it will get better in a few days ?

Last edited by It Must Be Love on Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:46 pm

Jahu wrote:***ALERT***

socal1976 wrote:Another one of Federer's legion of obnoxious fans who disrespect other champions regularly. I sympathize stan.

Crass generalizations! Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:47 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:

Beggars belief.
Federer says in his interview, on BBC: 'The way I feel right now there's no way I can compete... but probably in a few days it will be better.'

How does he know it will get better in a few days ?

Maybe a ritual where 1,000 guinea pigs are sacrificed because Federer doesn't use modern medicine Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:47 pm

Must be weekend and soon Xmass Laugh
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:48 pm

The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread - Page 2 3559488474 Andy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:53 pm

laverfan wrote:DC is more important to Federer than WTF now. At lease he withdrew rather than retire in the middle of a match.

But we have heard on this forum over the years that the DC is not important. Has this suddenly changed or were these people wrong.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:53 pm

If only he showed some of that earlier in the week Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:54 pm

Calder106 wrote:
laverfan wrote:DC is more important to Federer than WTF now. At lease he withdrew rather than retire in the middle of a match.

But we have heard on this forum over the years that the DC is not important. Has this suddenly changed or were these people wrong.
Yeah people always say surfaces are quick until someone wins there too, some things just change man Wink

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:56 pm

Andy!!! The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread - Page 2 3559488474

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:58 pm

laverfan wrote:

socal1976 wrote:Another one of Federer's legion of obnoxious fans who disrespect other champions regularly. I sympathize stan.

Crass is socal's middle name Smile

I find it brilliant that everyone (I say 'everyone' in the hawkeye and socal sense of the word i.e. not really everyone, but a few) comes on here lambasting Fed and then says "Imagine what it would have been like if it was Djoko or Nadal" - I don't have to imagine, I can see it right here, right now. Just goes to show how alike all the 'fans' are, behaving in exactly the same manner they criticise in others Laugh

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by slashermcguirk Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:59 pm

What an anticlimax!! Truly awful

slashermcguirk

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 7:02 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
laverfan wrote:

Crass is socal's middle name Smile

I find it brilliant that everyone (I say 'everyone' in the hawkeye and socal sense of the word i.e. not really everyone, but a few) comes on here lambasting Fed and then says "Imagine what it would have been like if it was Djoko or Nadal" - I don't have to imagine, I can see it right here, right now. Just goes to show how alike all the 'fans' are, behaving in exactly the same manner they criticise in others Laugh

Oh, poor Roger his vaggayjay is hurt!!!

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 7:03 pm

I am going to watch Judy now! mad

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Sun 16 Nov 2014, 7:04 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:I am going to watch Judy now! mad
Uh oh, what happened ?

Did Andy withdraw meaning they had to bring on a second substitute ? mad

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 16 Nov 2014, 7:05 pm

Im surprised we have not seen anything of BB...or am I ? Erm

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by coolpixel Sun 16 Nov 2014, 7:05 pm

Wow a lot of anti Federer venom. The guy pulls out for only the 2nd or 3rd time in his career and this is what he gets. One more reason why I have more or less given up on forums.

coolpixel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun 16 Nov 2014, 7:07 pm

*** Truth ALERT ***

Fed has pooped a little tonight, eh? Swiss git boxing

Hope he gets the DC now, make it worth it at least Smile
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun 16 Nov 2014, 7:08 pm

coolpixel wrote:Wow a lot of anti Federer venom. The guy pulls out for only the 2nd or 3rd time in his career and this is what he gets. One more reason why I have more or less given up on forums.

No such thing as anti-Federer venom cp. I'm reliably informed it doesn't exist.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 7:09 pm

coolpixel wrote:Wow a lot of anti Federer venom. The guy pulls out for only the 2nd or 3rd time in his career and this is what he gets. One more reason why I have more or less given up on forums.

I think venom is a slight exaggeration.

I don't know how posters sleep at night with their idols being insulted or dis-respected. Makes me want to hug my pillow closely tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun 16 Nov 2014, 7:10 pm

coolpixel, please hang around, we have made space for all people here, a real democracy Smile
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next