The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread

+19
slashermcguirk
Calder106
laverfan
Haddie-nuff
Danny_1982
summerblues
temporary21
kingraf
It Must Be Love
lags72
HM Murdock
hawkeye
sirfredperry
Jahu
bogbrush
Manojchandra
socal1976
Henman Bill
JuliusHMarx
23 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread - Page 4 Empty The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 15 Nov 2014, 11:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

The other thread will automatically split soon anyway, so here's a new one for the final.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread

Post by HM Murdock Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:08 pm

What a let down!

Worrying for the Swiss. They appear to have wrecked each other. It must be serious, Roger doesn't withdraw lightly.

A bit depressing to hear Federer say it's a risk he can't take "at my age". I think that's the first time I've heard him say something like that.

As an aside, I've heard a number of comments that Stan's complaint to the crowd yesterday was actually at Mirka. Apparently French TV picked up Stan saying "She did same thing at Wimbledon”.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread

Post by It Must Be Love Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:10 pm

HM Murdoch wrote:Apparently French TV picked up Stan saying "She did same thing at Wimbledon”.
Yep, that's what I've been hearing too.

What could he be referring to ?

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:12 pm

C'mon Tim!

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:13 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:
HM Murdoch wrote:Apparently French TV picked up Stan saying "She did same thing at Wimbledon”.

Probably noise when he's serving. Or coaching perhaps.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:15 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:More respect that what? Perhaps Rafa should have played as well, or was he disrespecting the entire tournament Wink

Oh really..............can I be bothered to respond to that............NO

Yeah, it would have been great for the crowd to watch him hobble out, hit a few balls, serve like a granny.

Where do they get these people?

I agree who expected Rafa to play at the WTF when he just had an appendectomy... ridiculous isnt it ??? Very Happy
As usual, answering a question that wasn't asked.

I shouldn't be surprised really.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:15 pm

Even if it did happen, Stan should of behaved and sort this with Fed after the match.

Have these sportsmen no sense of honor and manhood?

Little whiners.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:18 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Haddie-nuff wrote:More respect that what? Perhaps Rafa should have played as well, or was he disrespecting the entire tournament Wink

Oh really..............can I be bothered to respond to that............NO

Yeah, it would have been great for the crowd to watch him hobble out, hit a few balls, serve like a granny.

Where do they get these people?

I agree who expected Rafa to play at the WTF when he just had an appendectomy... ridiculous isnt it ??? Very Happy
As usual, answering a question that wasn't asked.

I shouldn't be surprised really.

Good

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:18 pm

Kudos to Stan for standing up for himself, Roger has never shown him one ounce of respect for their joint nationality. Who can forget demanding to see the tournament official because he wasn't allowed to challenge a point two or three shots ago at Indian wells.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:20 pm

Super Mac!!

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:21 pm

socal1976 wrote:Who can forget demanding to see the tournament official because he wasn't allowed to challenge a point two or three shots ago at Indian wells.

Anyone who has more important things to think about?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:35 pm

Hey socal, have you ever considered writing a Wiki page to educate the wider world on what a thoroughly horrible character Federer is .....??

You could drag up every possible incident (whether real or imagined ..... like so much stuff on Wiki, it doesn't need to be wholly accurate ... lots of poetic license...) and every conceivable reason you can think of as to why you can't stand the guy. In fact not just one Wiki page, you could write a whole chapter.

And then whenever you're concerned that he might be getting too much positive comment for his achievements and decent behaviour, you could just link us to your own stuff about him, by way of reminder as to how evil he really is.

Not sure just how many people would be converted - but it would at least save you so much time trotting out the same old stories.

Must be weird to harbour so much hate for someone you don't even know.......

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:36 pm

Does anybody know if the Nike store is selling that cardigan sweater?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:37 pm

Let him drown in his own little confused world of hate picard
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by TRuffin Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:39 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:

He wasn't talking about Mirka.. you people have really lost it.   You don't even fathom it could be one of the tons of fans that follow Federer or a Londoner who gets rowdy and Stan recognized from Wimbledon.  You really think Federer as a husband would have allowed Stan to shake his racquet at and make threatening steps towards Mirka as Stan did to the offending fan later in the match?  That Federer would have shaken Stans hand and said nice things about him in his after match presser.    Do you think Federer would allow Stan to travel to France with him and his family as Stan said he plans to do on Monday if Stan has been complaining about Mirka?

Maybe it's your same sources that secretly told you about AO being "lightening fast" this year Amri.
common sense people.

Last edited by TRuffin on Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

TRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRuffin Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:39 pm

kingraf wrote:Does anybody know if the Nike store is selling that cardigan sweater?
They are and I got one!!! $150.00 from Nike

TRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:42 pm

TRuffin wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:

He wasn't talking about Mirka.. you people have really lost it.   You don't even fathom it could be one of the tons of fans that follow Federer or a Londoner who gets rowdy and Stan recognized from Wimbledon.  You really think Federer as a husband would have allowed Stan to shake his racquet at and make threatening steps towards Mirka as Stan did to the offending fan later in the match?  That Federer would have shaken Stans hand and said nice things about him in his after match presser.    Do you think Federer would allow Stan to travel to France with him and his family as Stan said he plans to do on Monday if Stan has been complaining about Mirka?  

I must admit I did think he was yelling at that bloke in the crowd.. personally I would have done had he been sitting near me. Im surprised that the umpire and officials allowed it to go on... he was there at other matches too methinks

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:43 pm

Ban him like they do in football matches then, I'm sure the camera picked it up.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:45 pm

Cheers TRuffin, $150 + duties is a little steep, but it looks pretty sweet. Was it money well spent?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:50 pm

Wait a couple of months, get it from AliBaba for $27.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:50 pm

Well it's over for another year. Be glad to put this one behind us. Apart from Djokovics form and Federer/Wawrinka match, there wasn't a lot to shout about.

All roads lead to France.

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:51 pm

TRuffin wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:

Maybe it's your same sources that secretly told you about AO being "lightening fast" this year Amri.
common sense people.
Quite possibly a front runner for 'put down of the year'.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:02 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:It's already in IMBL's spreadsheet so he can bring it up again in a few years along with "But I like Federer" Smile
LOL

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:05 pm

Its been a disappointing day and people are a bit miffed and/or upset that Fed had to pull out. However some of you are starting to have a go at eachother over it, and thats not good enough. I dont think anyone here, frankly, is a hater, and does not deserve to be called as such. Rumours of a fight between Rog and Stan are always going to bring up suspicions, noone should be getting angry at one another for that though. All in all a fight would be disappointing both for what was, bar one match a poor WTF and for the upcoming DC.

Soo as said, all roads lead to France, but lets all take a step back eh?

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:06 pm

Calder106 wrote:
laverfan wrote:DC is more important to Federer than WTF now. At lease he withdrew rather than retire in the middle of a match.

Old Man could have had better scheduling, but it is what it is.

But we have heard on this forum over the years that the DC is not important. Has this suddenly changed or were these people wrong.

This is why I worry about generalizations. I personally much rather see DC on Federer's CV than yet another WTF. Djokovic made history by winning it three-times-in-a-row and joined past greats as well. It is a win-win.

DC is a team event. Winning it with two players is always tough, but it has been done in the past. Despite Murray, UK languishes in DC. HB and LKv2 have added their speculation to this as well. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by slashermcguirk Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:07 pm

No doubt that djokovic deserved the win. Won all his matches and conceded the fewest games in the process. I do think he would have beaten federer in 3 sets but we will never know. Hopefully all the top players will be in top form for the Aussie open and 2015 will be a great one.

Such a shame about the fed withdrawal but hopefully he will come back strong too

slashermcguirk

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:08 pm

temporary21 wrote:Soo as said
Why do you waste a perfectly good "o" on just about every one of your "sos"?

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:09 pm

socal1976 wrote:Kudos to Stan for standing up for himself, Roger has never shown him one ounce of respect for their joint nationality. Who can forget demanding to see the tournament official because he wasn't allowed to challenge a point two or three shots ago at Indian wells.

You must be really privy to Stan, as no one else on v2 is. Correct?

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:10 pm

you mean my "so's"? Well I write quick, I don't have enough time to check things thoroughly tbh

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:16 pm

Is the plural "so's" or is it "sos"?

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:16 pm

Bogbrush wrote:Quite possibly a front runner for 'put down of the year'.
Well I wasn't there, and I don't have a 360 degree camera angle of the court, but that is what I found in the news sites I looked at. And HM said he heard the same thing; obviously this doesn't mean it's necessarily true but it's a possibility.

In terms of Federer's behaviour towards Stan post-match, well we don't know what happened between them in private afterwards, but anyway- we can discuss that on another thread.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:16 pm

temporary21 wrote:Its been a disappointing day and people are a bit miffed and/or upset that Fed had to pull out. However some of you are starting to have a go at eachother over it, and thats not good enough. I dont think anyone here, frankly, is a hater, and does not deserve to be called as such. Rumours of a fight between Rog and Stan are always going to bring up suspicions, noone should be getting angry at one another for that though. All in all a fight would be disappointing both for what was, bar one match a poor WTF and for the upcoming DC.

Soo as said, all roads lead to France, but lets all take a step back eh?

Should we lock this thread, JHM and T2? There is no point letting this slip into uncivilized uncouth behavior all round.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRuffin Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:17 pm

kingraf wrote:Cheers TRuffin, $150 + duties is a little steep, but it looks pretty sweet. Was it money well spent?

Love it! I will be wearing it in New York in March when I see Fed at MSG!

TRuffin

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:18 pm

Things have cooled down a bit I think, Id much rather keep things talking as much as we can. If it gets too much again then ill respect your decision to do soo.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:19 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:In terms of Federer's behaviour towards Stan post-match, well we don't know what happened between them in private afterwards, but anyway- we can discuss that on another thread.

There is no authoritative information which is 'public', less so, 'private'. What would you discuss in such a hypothetical thread, IMBL? Rumors, speculations, innuendo, heresy, etc?

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:21 pm

laverfan wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:In terms of Federer's behaviour towards Stan post-match, well we don't know what happened between them in private afterwards, but anyway- we can discuss that on another thread.

There is no authoritative information which is 'public', less so, 'private'. What would you discuss in such a hypothetical thread, IMBL? Rumors, speculations, innuendo, heresy, etc?
The thread is already up, a few people were talking about who would win between Stan and Fed in a fight but they were clearly joking, not really heresy.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:21 pm

temporary21 wrote:Things have cooled down a bit I think, Id much rather keep things talking as much as we can. If it gets too much again then ill respect your decision to do soo.

Let it continue, T2, but if it goes south-of-the-border, we can discuss on the Tennis Mod thread.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:26 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:The thread is already up, a few people were talking about who would win between Stan and Fed in a fight but they were clearly joking, not really heresy.

Carry on! Venting the disappointment of a final which was not to be, is good for poster health.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:26 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:
Well I wasn't there, and I don't have a 360 degree camera angle of the court, but that is what I found in the news sites I looked at. And HM said he heard the same thing; obviously this doesn't mean it's necessarily true but it's a possibility.

In terms of Federer's behaviour towards Stan post-match, well we don't know what happened between them in private afterwards, but anyway- we can discuss that on another thread.
Yes, let's have a discussion about something else we don't know anything about.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:27 pm

bogbrush wrote:
We know accounts from certain people, though. No one is claiming to have been in the locker room itself.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:30 pm

bogbrush wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:

Thats not fair because you wouldn't be able to join in Smile

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:34 pm

LF, T21, yes let the thread go on. Every now and then Fed is kind enough to do something that allows people to let out all the pent-up steam they have against him. I imagine it's quite cathartic. That's Fed for you - always thinking about all the fans Smile

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:35 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:... obviously this doesn't mean it's necessarily true but it's a possibility.

Very interesting. I think we need a 'possibility' thread now, as another Sticky, right next to the GOAT one. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:37 pm

JHM... a new sticky for a Therapy thread, perhaps? All self-appointed therapists need (indeed, must) apply. Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:43 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:

It's taken a while but you're finally getting there.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:45 pm

This thread has been extremely enlightening, I'll say that much. One to remember for sure.

Haddie-nuff wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:

Sorry BB, but this was pretty good Wink

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:48 pm

Silver wrote:This thread has been extremely enlightening, I'll say that much. One to remember for sure.

Haddie-nuff wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
It Must Be Love wrote:

Sorry BB, but this was pretty good Wink

I aim to please Wink

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:56 pm

laverfan wrote:
Calder106 wrote:
laverfan wrote:DC is more important to Federer than WTF now. At lease he withdrew rather than retire in the middle of a match.

Old Man could have had better scheduling, but it is what it is.

But we have heard on this forum over the years that the DC is not important. Has this suddenly changed or were these people wrong.

This is why I worry about generalizations. I personally much rather see DC on Federer's CV than yet another WTF. Djokovic made history by winning it three-times-in-a-row and joined past greats as well. It is a win-win.

DC is a team event. Winning it with two players is always tough, but it has been done in the past. Despite Murray, UK languishes in DC. HB and LKv2 have added their speculation to this as well. Wink

I understand all of this and accept that it is your personal view. However if it is more important for Federer to win a DC than the WTF this year that goes against what we have been told on this forum previously. If I remember correctly the order of importance was GS, WTF, Masters 1000 then DC, slightly higher than OG. Which says to me that WTF should be more important than DC in any year. Please note that I am not saying that Federer was not injured tonight or that he should not play in the DC.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by greengoblin Sun 16 Nov 2014, 10:01 pm

I see the Federer haters are out in force. I wonder what they are bitter over? That Djokovic has only won 7 GS titles at the age of 28?, that he has only won one Gs each year for the past 3 years?, or that he only started beating Federer regularly when Federer was in his 30's and over the hill?

Take your pick

greengoblin

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 16 Nov 2014, 10:03 pm

It's ok silver, it was the first accurate post she's put up in ages.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by slashermcguirk Sun 16 Nov 2014, 10:12 pm

Greengoblin, you do realise that djokovic beat federer in a grand slam as early as 2008 and had set points against him in 2007 us open final when he was only 19. Djokovic was troubling prime federer even as a teenager.

Federer if course had the upper hand on a pre prime djokovic and not surprisingly prime djokovic has outperformed federer since. The fact is they are both great players, just appreciate these greats of the game and the fact they have peaked at different ages

slashermcguirk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next