The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread

+19
slashermcguirk
Calder106
laverfan
Haddie-nuff
Danny_1982
summerblues
temporary21
kingraf
It Must Be Love
lags72
HM Murdock
hawkeye
sirfredperry
Jahu
bogbrush
Manojchandra
socal1976
Henman Bill
JuliusHMarx
23 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread - Page 5 Empty The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 15 Nov 2014, 11:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

The other thread will automatically split soon anyway, so here's a new one for the final.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 16 Nov 2014, 10:15 pm

greengoblin wrote:I see the Federer haters are out in force. I wonder what they are bitter over? That Djokovic has only won 7 GS titles at the age of 28?, that he has only won one Gs each year for the past 3 years?, or that he only started beating Federer regularly when Federer was in his 30's and over the hill?

Take your pick

You tend to use the word "hater" an awful lot on this forum.. that in itself is not only antagonistic but from the posters I know here totally incorrect. There are anti Nadal/Federer fans in equal measure.. some like to get the boot in more than others. Most of us have come to expect that.. but like him or no. Djokovic HAS WON 7 GS and only Nadal and Federer can beat that.; to denigrate his achievements is somewhat naive I think. Dislike him yes, but take nothing away from his tennis

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Final World Tour Finals Final Thread

Post by temporary21 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 10:42 pm

Ok I think thats enough, the word hater has been thrown around too many times, which isn't an acceptable word on the forums from what I know of. Ill lock the thread soo people can calm down, PLEASE refrain from using that word on fellow posters form now on.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 17 Nov 2014, 2:52 am

Calder106 wrote:
laverfan wrote:
Calder106 wrote:
laverfan wrote:DC is more important to Federer than WTF now. At lease he withdrew rather than retire in the middle of a match.

Old Man could have had better scheduling, but it is what it is.

But we have heard on this forum over the years that the DC is not important. Has this suddenly changed or were these people wrong.

This is why I worry about generalizations. I personally much rather see DC on Federer's CV than yet another WTF. Djokovic made history by winning it three-times-in-a-row and joined past greats as well. It is a win-win.

DC is a team event. Winning it with two players is always tough, but it has been done in the past. Despite Murray, UK languishes in DC. HB and LKv2 have added their speculation to this as well. Wink

I understand all of this and accept that it is your personal view. However if it is more important for Federer to win a DC than the WTF this year that goes against what we have been told on this forum previously. If I remember correctly the order of importance was GS, WTF, Masters 1000 then DC, slightly higher than OG. Which says to me that WTF should be more important than DC in any year. Please note that I am not saying that Federer was not injured tonight or that he should not play in the DC.

In similar discussions, the first of any title, Slam, DC, WTF, MS, OG or other, from the specific players' perspective gains a higher subjective importance. Federer is playing is first DC final, SUI are playing their second. Wawrinka or Cilic would not trade their respective slams, neither would Federer or Wawrinka, if they can win DC. Federer has won WTF in past, correct?

2013 is a good example of a bad-back year. At any age, it is not fun to have medical issues, an there is prior history of such incidents, if you think about TMC 2008 or v Malisse @W.

Lendl, Sampras, Nadal, Murray and many others have or have had back issues. Showing up at DC is the first step towards a potential title.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5