The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quigg Is Up There With Froch And Haye

+14
milkyboy
wheelchair1991
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Dipper Brown
KingMonkey
TRUSSMAN66
TopHat24/7
Steffan
ONETWOFOREVER
Rowley
Soldier_Of_Fortune
AdamT
catchweight
hampo17
18 posters

Go down

Quigg Is Up There With Froch And Haye Empty Quigg Is Up There With Froch And Haye

Post by hampo17 Tue 23 Sep 2014, 3:14 pm

Right now I think Scott Quigg is up there with David Haye and Carl Froch as the most devastating punchers in British boxing.

And it’s a power that Carl Frampton simply could not handle.

If people think I’m exaggerating then they should take a look at his past three defences of his WBA super- bantamweight title.

Stephane Jamoye became the latest victim of his brutal power at the Phones 4u Arena earlier this month.

It took three rounds for Scott to finish the Belgian off. His previous two fights against Diego Silva and Tshifhiwa Munyai ended in two.

I would love to get him on one of those machines from Rocky IV that the Russians had Ivan Drago hooked up to.

I think the results would prove my point.

His fans have seen what he can do in the ring – but believe me, there is so much more.

I’ve seen what he’s done to world class opponents in sparring in America. We know what he’s capable of.

I have no worries whatsoever about Carl Frampton. And like Scott – I cannot wait for that fight.

Body or chin – when he lands, Carl is in trouble. We know the new IBF champion is suspect around the whiskers. He can run – he can do what he wants, but when the fight comes, we will deal with it.

The crunching body shots that Scott produced against Jamoye brought back memories of Ricky Hatton, who was famous for that.

Yet he still doesn’t seem to get the credit he deserves for his punching power when, for me, he is proving himself one of the biggest hitters pound-for-pound in Britain.

There was no surprise that talk immediately turned to the Frampton fight after Scott’s latest win.

We would love that fight, but Carl has to defend against Chris Avalos.

That’s fine – it’s a mandatory – but I don’t want to leave Scott on the shelf when he’s in this kind of form.

Carl has got a bad hand after his victory against Kiko Martinez, so I don’t see a fight with Scott happening until Easter or May next year.

So we’ve got to try to make another unification fight with WBC champion Leo Santa Cruz.

That fight could be made before Christmas, either in the UK or the US.

If Scott won that then he could fight Frampton in the summer when he would be bringing two world titles to the table.

It would be great if his promoter Eddie Hearn could break the bank to bring Santa Cruz here.

Frank Warren managed to get Kostya Tszyu to Manchester for Hatton’s career-defining fight – we’ve now got to deliver for Scott Quigg.

That’s the kind of fight that would raise his profile on both sides of the Atlantic and only build the hype for a potential outdoors showdown with Frampton next year.

Whether it’s Frampton or Santa Cruz – we want Scott’s next fight to be a world title unification clash.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/boxing/joe-gallagher-column-quigg-up-7814837

Wonder what makes him think Frampton is suspect around the whiskers, took some very clean shots against Martinez in his last fight and didn't seem to fussed.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Quigg Is Up There With Froch And Haye Empty Re: Quigg Is Up There With Froch And Haye

Post by catchweight Tue 23 Sep 2014, 3:19 pm

Losing the run of himself a tad on the back of beating weight drained or blown up substitutes.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Quigg Is Up There With Froch And Haye Empty Re: Quigg Is Up There With Froch And Haye

Post by AdamT Tue 23 Sep 2014, 3:24 pm

complete rubbish. Frampton will knock him into the middle of next week. I think Martinez beats Quiqq.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 23 Sep 2014, 3:28 pm

picard

How can it be a unification if he doesn't hold the full belt.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 23 Sep 2014, 3:29 pm

Has Quigg now become our whipping boy for all of the ills of boxing? Steffan will be over the moon we have moved on from Cleverley.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 23 Sep 2014, 3:31 pm

Rowley wrote:Has Quigg now become our whipping boy for all of the ills of boxing? Steffan will be over the moon we have moved on from Cleverley.

Something about his face, I don't know what it is but he turns people off.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 23 Sep 2014, 3:35 pm

Rowley wrote:Has Quigg now become our whipping boy for all of the ills of boxing? Steffan will be over the moon we have moved on from Cleverley.
Laugh

I know init. Until the Kovalev fight Cleverly was to blame for everything in the world of boxing and many other stuff such as 9/11, the promlems in Syria along with Tsunamis and any other form of suffering in life

I'm sure once he has dispatched of Bellew and racked up a few more average opponents he can take his Number 1 spot back as the man who is single handedly destroying boxing Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 23 Sep 2014, 3:37 pm

What a prat of an article.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 23 Sep 2014, 3:41 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:What a prat of an article.....

x2

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 23 Sep 2014, 3:45 pm

AdamT wrote:

x2
Gallagher is just hyping him up a bit and I wouldn't take it too seriously

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 23 Sep 2014, 3:48 pm

Steffan wrote:
AdamT wrote:

x2
Gallagher is just hyping him up a bit and I wouldn't take it too seriously

Sadly I don't think that's true. I think he genuinely believes what he says.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Sep 2014, 3:59 pm

Halling and Watt aren't doing the public any favors either by not explaining this regular business and the fact his opposition is shihite..

Starting to think Halling is a property owned by Matchroom sports..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Tue 23 Sep 2014, 6:05 pm

Appalling article. I won't be happy until Smith loses to AA at the weekend either.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 23 Sep 2014, 6:22 pm

Gallagher's on the wind up is he? He must have seen something I haven't because CF has taken some heavy shots off Martinez over the course of the two fights and never looked in danger of being stopped to me.

Quigg's big at the weight and has physically dominated smaller men stepping up but Frampton is a leap in class. Daft hyperbole.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 23 Sep 2014, 6:22 pm

Gallagher's on the wind up is he? He must have seen something I haven't because CF has taken some heavy shots off Martinez over the course of the two fights and never looked in danger of being stopped to me.

Quigg's big at the weight and has physically dominated smaller men stepping up but Frampton is a leap in class. Daft hyperbole.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 24 Sep 2014, 12:04 am

Jamie Arthur floors Quigg with a jab yet Frampton has a suspect chin. Hmmmmmm
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 24 Sep 2014, 12:18 am

Joe must have been joking when he said this

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 24 Sep 2014, 12:25 am

Perhaps quigg could fight rigondeaux and 'unify' his own belt. The winner (rigondeaux obviously) becomes the WBA diamond emeritus super duper world champion. The loser (quigg) can remain regular world champion.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 24 Sep 2014, 9:13 pm

It doesnt look like Quigg/Frampton will happen in the next few months.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 25 Sep 2014, 8:28 am

I think he believes what he says too...even if it is a complete load of garbage.

In post fight interviews he near enough jumps on the mic during an interview to explain how Quigg took out a "world ranked" opponent in devastating fashion and that nobody else had done that. Etc etc.

Their both idiots, quigg isn't a world champion at all and I can't think of a world ranked top 10 fighter that he has faced...correct me if I'm wrong of course.

Frampton KO 6.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 25 Sep 2014, 10:01 am

In fairness to Gallagher he's bigging his Man up...

If he said he was a joke champion and that Frampton destroys him.....It might lead to a rather tense atmosphere in his gym...

All Coaches exaggerate about their fighters..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 25 Sep 2014, 11:12 am

He said Frampton needs to leave McGuigan or the fight won't happen either....he's the trainer, what's he got to do with anything like that. Hearn is Quiggs manager, not Joe. Hearn will decide if McGuigan can or can't be worked with. Stick to the training Joe, the nonsense is getting beyond a joke now
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 25 Sep 2014, 12:31 pm

Couldn't get past the first line, really. Froch is a devasting punch!! Give me a break. I really like Froch, but he is not a great single puncher. He has had his moments, but not enough to wax lyrical about!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by jon200 Fri 26 Sep 2014, 3:36 pm

I'm probably in the minority here, but i think Quigg/Frampton will be a very competitive fight - a proper 50/50 in fact and i hope it happens pretty soon. Unfortunately, i don't think it will ever actually happen.

On a semi-related topic - does it annoy the hell out of anyone else that Frampton won't leave the comfort of Ireland to fight anyone?

jon200

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 26 Sep 2014, 3:57 pm

jon200 wrote:On a semi-related topic - does it annoy the hell out of anyone else that Frampton won't leave the comfort of Ireland to fight anyone?

Same thing could be said about Quigg Headscratch

Plus where else is he going to fight?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 26 Sep 2014, 4:15 pm

jon200 wrote:On a semi-related topic - does it annoy the hell out of anyone else that Frampton won't leave the comfort of Ireland to fight anyone?

1. No.
2. Don't think it's a comfort thing.
3. Expect to see him in MSQ soon.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 26 Sep 2014, 8:32 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

1. No.
2. Don't think it's a comfort thing.
3. Expect to see him in MSQ soon.....

9 of his fights have been outside of Ireland anyway so it's not like he's camped in Belfast his whole career.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 26 Sep 2014, 8:43 pm

Joe Gallagher is the biggest five knuckle shuffle.er in British boxing. He is a bigger figure of hate than Scott Quigg.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 26 Sep 2014, 8:55 pm

He's not my cup of tea. Comes across as confrontational, arrogant and generally a bit of a clown.

Maybe it's a Mourinho thing to take the pressure off his fighters as Crolla, Murray, Quigg and the Smiths come across quite well in my opinion.

Then again, it's not a popularity contest is it? I don't have to want to be their mate to enjoy the fights.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down