The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dirs and Froch on Chisora/Haye

+6
Adam D
Commander
The genius of PBF
mystiroakey
azania
oxring
10 posters

Go down

Dirs and Froch on Chisora/Haye Empty Dirs and Froch on Chisora/Haye

Post by oxring Sun 19 Feb 2012, 7:15 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bendirs/2012/02/brits_go_mad_in_munich.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17090528

It will doubtless surprise many of you, who are posting how good this controversy is for boxing, that seasoned champion Carl Froch and the voice of BBC boxing, Ben Dirs, seem to take the contrary approach.

Dirs shows once again that he is far too close to the Haye camp for objectivity and tries to justify their worst excesses.

I have a dream you know. A dream that one day, my children, will look to the news and hear the discussion of the events within a fight, rather than without. A dream that to sell themselves, fighters won't have to beat women, bite opponents or threaten to shoot people. A dream that boxing might shed its image of being a sport for the moronic and the sociopathically violent.

Clearly I'm a hopeless dreamer.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Dirs and Froch on Chisora/Haye Empty Re: Dirs and Froch on Chisora/Haye

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 7:25 pm

Of course they would. I doubt any boxing journo or fighter would condone that. But I believe that they are wrong for the reasons I gave earlier. People are talking about it alnd laughing. Others are calling them thugs. But they will all watch their next fight to see what crazy stuff they do.

And as for your dream...preach it my brother, preach it but if your dream comes true we would be living in an ideal world free from competiton and free to air tv.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 19 Feb 2012, 7:32 pm

ox you really are a card arnt you lol. boxing is and allways has been about control and media, its never been gentlemanly, its allways been unfair-But we have witnessed some great battles through the years!! its just got way worse today due to other fighting codes taking the viewesr and talent away and becauser the HW division is topped by two fighters that wont fight each other.

your idealistic view is never gonna work- the owners and agents that run the game are way more curroptand 'evil' than the pawns in the game(fighters). The only way you get what you want is if the game was amatuer- same goes with all sport in varying degrees.

all that matters to boxing is get better fighters again- and getting the fights oirganized so the best fight the best occasionally- that draws the fans back time and time again!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 19 Feb 2012, 7:54 pm

Same way you act on Pacquiao and the Klitschko brothers...Still cant read between the lines oxy tut tut. Wink

Dan Rafael a Klitschko a nuthugger (they gave him interviews) called Haye a little b***** today on twitter then removed the comments like the coward he is.

I find Rafael far worse then the likes of Dirs when it comes to being bias.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 19 Feb 2012, 8:02 pm

Really? Personally - I blame Haye for the Chisora brawl. Yes - Chisora was stupid - but frankly - what the hell was Haye doing? Chisora had a right to feel aggrieved. He'd just given his all in the ring - and Haye wanted to self publicise some more.

Haye then hit him whilst holding a bottle. Haye then tried to hit him with a tripod.

Yet Dirs somehow apportions all the blame to Chisora - and doesn't mention the fact that Haye did a runner from the German police.

Dirsy is a teensy bit biased.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 19 Feb 2012, 8:06 pm

Haye tried to hit Chisora's trainer not himself oxy with the tripod...Chisora was the one that made threats to slapping Haye if he see's him!

Chisora was the one that came upto Haye aggressively and verbally abused him first.

How on earth can you blame Haye when he is acting in self defence!!!

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 19 Feb 2012, 8:08 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:Haye tried to hit Chisora's trainer not himself oxy with the tripod...Chisora was the one that made threats to slapping Haye if he see's him!

Chisora was the one that came upto Haye aggressively and verbally abused him first.

Letter of the law - Haye threw the first punch - so would probably be liable - although they wouldn't take to kindly to Chisora's "aggressive intent" on approaching the scene.

It isn't really self defence if you throw the first shot. And wielding a tripod wildly doesn't help credibility either - although it is very, very funny (or I find it so) that Haye, wielding the tripod - missed Chisora and his trainer/entourage but managed to clock Adam Booth, clean as a whistle.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 8:11 pm

oxring wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:Haye tried to hit Chisora's trainer not himself oxy with the tripod...Chisora was the one that made threats to slapping Haye if he see's him!

Letter of the law - Haye threw the first punch - so would probably be liable - although they wouldn't take to kindly to Chisora's "aggressive intent" on approaching the scene.

It isn't really self defence if you throw the first shot. And wielding a tripod wildly doesn't help credibility either - although it is very, very funny (or I find it so) that Haye, wielding the tripod - missed Chisora and his trainer/entourage but managed to clock Adam Booth, clean as a whistle.

Quit hiding behind the letter of the law. Chis took off his coat, walked up to Haye, butted heads, pushed him and it expolded.

Why couldn;t chis simply sit on his chair and answer back? Why did he have to confront him in an aggressive manner. I'm shocked Haye let him get close because he would have been within his rights to cold clock him as he took off his coat. Taking off your coat means you are ready to fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun 19 Feb 2012, 8:11 pm

Chisora pushed him first and started the brawl...The first physical contact came from Chisora.

I dont think Booth found it funny...I wish someone hit Bob Arum like that.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 19 Feb 2012, 8:12 pm

azania wrote:
oxring wrote:

Quit hiding behind the letter of the law. Chis took off his coat, walked up to Haye, butted heads, pushed him and it expolded.

Why couldn;t chis simply sit on his chair and answer back? Why did he have to confront him in an aggressive manner. I'm shocked Haye let him get close because he would have been within his rights to cold clock him as he took off his coat. Taking off your coat means you are ready to fight.

Do they have internet in prisons in the UK?

If so, please, next time you see someone take off their coat, wander over and clock them.

You can post afterwards on the outcome.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 8:14 pm

That's how it is. If someone comes to you in an aggressive mnner, takes off their jacket, they dont intend to do the maccarena. Trust me on that.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Sun 19 Feb 2012, 8:33 pm

Froch's nut-hugging his mate Haye a bit too much me thinks.

Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 19 Feb 2012, 8:39 pm

Laugh

This is without a doubt the stupidest thread I have read (not the thread but the comments on it!)

Taking your coat off means you want to have a fight.

I wouldnt want to work in a cloakroom!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 19 Feb 2012, 8:45 pm

Adam D wrote: Laugh

This is without a doubt the stupidest thread I have read (not the thread but the comments on it!)

I'm glad I don't eat at the same restaurant's as az.

Wander in, waiter asks "may I take your coat sir" and before you know it some flying Saffer will be trying to beat you to death with a camera tripod.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 19 Feb 2012, 8:55 pm

Can you imagine the tip? One millimetre of tread.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:03 pm

err- quite obvious what the posters point was, glad your simple minds find things so funny by blowing things so far out of context (something quite normal for ox to do).

If anyone cant work out why they did this i feel sorry for them!

100% staged

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:10 pm

mystiroakey wrote:err- quite obvious what the posters point was, glad your simple minds find things so funny by blowing things so far out of context (something quite normal for ox to do).

If anyone cant work out why they did this i feel sorry for them!

100% staged

!00% would mean that every single aspect was staged.

You think the Klits were in on it?
You think that Adam Booth planned to get clobbered by his own man?
You think that them being questioned by police was part of the plan?

That is some 100% you got going there.

I don't think that this was staged at all. Contrived perhaps but not 100% planned.

I certainly think that Warren knew what he was doing when he invited Haye to be a colour commentator. He also possibly had something to do with getting David into the press conference. But I dont think he would be stupid enough to tell Chis and David to start launching tripods and bottles at each other.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:10 pm

Oakey, not everythings a conspiracy or staged, certain things just happen. David didn't care about Chisora and wasn't trying to start anything with him, and then Chisora taunted him about his toe and David told him he was bad for losing to Fury and then Chisora went after him, it wasn't Haye's agenda to do anything with Chisora at all, if you genuinely believe it was staged, you sir, are an idiot.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:12 pm

Do you think Hayes arrival and mouthing off was staged, or the glassing, throwing tripods around and getting arrested was staged mysteroakey? Was it fake blood on Booth and Chisora? Are the police in on the whole thing?

Loving your insulting and condescending attitude by the way, thats going to make you a lot of friends in life Wink insulting the founder of this site is a particular stroke of genius.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:14 pm

I think Haye might have been able to slip into the PRess conference with being who he is to be honest. Getting Haye on BoxNation was nothing to do with trying to get a Chisora fight out there. It was someone who had recently fought a KBro and was British.

Also, do you think that being hit in the face with a bottle was part of some elaborate plan? Could have easily blinded Chisora or something serious could have happened, they would ahve never risked that. No chance it was staged. Haye could also have got in because he was being an "Analyst" for BoxNation again nothing to do with Warren trying to get a Haye Chisora fight on, but Warren saw the opp. there and tried to make it so, is all that happened.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:25 pm

One thing I don't like about boxing is people just take a liking or disliking to someone and then judge their actions or tallent based on that.

Yes we all know that Chisora lacks a bit of class, the slap was ott and the spitting water was cheep... that being said he was being wound up alot as well by the K team.

Yes Chisora comes across as a loose cannon and someone who maybe does not know when enough is enough.

But how anyone can say it was his fault for the brawl is beyond me and Carl Frosh was talking so much rubbish he could not even admit that Chisora proved he was a decent fighter that night.

Haye was in the conference swigging from a bottle of beer and started interrupting the conference.

So first strike?... David Haye

Chisora then getting wound up by Haye walks over to him to confront him

Second Strike? ... Chisora

They square up and utter a couple words and Haye punches Chisora with a bottle in his fist which smashes against Chisora's neck...

Third Strike? ... Haye

They grapple and trade blows...things are thrown... so on...

And Booths cut was caused by a tripod that David Haye swung.

So while we can role out eyes at how Chisora yet again could not just turn it off.

The incident was clearly started by Haye.

In fact by the video evidence Haye could find him self in trouble.

Chisora will get told off about the threats but that can be brushed off as being up set with adrenalin after being hit with the bottle.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:30 pm

tunes666 wrote:One thing I don't like about boxing is people just take a liking or disliking to someone and then judge their actions or tallent based on that.

Yes we all know that Chisora lacks a bit of class, the slap was ott and the spitting water was cheep... that being said he was being wound up alot as well by the K team.

Yes Chisora comes across as a loose cannon and someone who maybe does not know when enough is enough.

But how anyone can say it was his fault for the brawl is beyond me and Carl Frosh was talking so much rubbish he could not even admit that Chisora proved he was a decent fighter that night.

Haye was in the conference swigging from a bottle of beer and started interrupting the conference.

So first strike?... David Haye

Chisora then getting wound up by Haye walks over to him to confront him

Second Strike? ... Chisora

They square up and utter a couple words and Haye punches Chisora with a bottle in his fist which smashes against Chisora's neck...

Third Strike? ... Haye

They grapple and trade blows...things are thrown... so on...

And Booths cut was caused by a tripod that David Haye swung.

So while we can role out eyes at how Chisora yet again could not just turn it off.

The incident was clearly started by Haye.

In fact by the video evidence Haye could find him self in trouble.

Chisora will get told off about the threats but that can be brushed off as being up set with adrenalin after being hit with the bottle.

OK clap

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:37 pm

oxring wrote:

Wander in, waiter asks "may I take your coat sir" and before you know it some flying Saffer will be trying to beat you to death with a camera tripod.

So you all thought Chisora took his jacket off to invite Haye out to dinner? How very civilised of him. And how very british what what Mr Chomley-Warner.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:42 pm

azania wrote:
oxring wrote:

So you all thought Chisora took his jacket off to invite Haye out to dinner? How very civilised of him. And how very british what what Mr Chomley-Warner.

Az, Haye threw the first punch - at least that's how I (and most other people) seem to see it. That's the bottom line really. If Chisora had stripped off to his underwear and done a dance in front of his face - that wouldn't justify what happened next.

Taking off a jacket isn't good enough to hit someone with a glass bottle in your fist. Or to whack your manager on the head with a tripod.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:54 pm

Self defence is no offence. Chisora had threatened to slap him previously. Chisora is the one who left his seat in a threatening manner. Chis is the one who instigated the head butting scene. Chis is the one who pushed Haye. Haye responded after severe provocation and fear for his safety after the threats and intimidation from Chisora. Justifiable punch.

Let Booth sue him then for assault.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:05 pm

azania wrote:Self defence is no offence. Chisora had threatened to slap him previously. Chisora is the one who left his seat in a threatening manner. Chis is the one who instigated the head butting scene. Chis is the one who pushed Haye. Haye responded after severe provocation and fear for his safety after the threats and intimidation from Chisora. Justifiable punch.

Let Booth sue him then for assault.

ROFLCOPTER. You're version of events has cheered me up at least.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 20 Feb 2012, 8:30 am

The truth is often amusing.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:21 am

Who gives a toss about both of 'em - why are you lot arguing as if they are your blood brothers or something? LOL. Ban both of the yobs for a couple of years - that'll teach em.

Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:27 am

Commander wrote:Who gives a toss about both of 'em - why are you lot arguing as if they are your blood brothers or something? LOL. Ban both of the yobs for a couple of years - that'll teach em.

Yep, that'll teach an already retired David Haye. LOL.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:29 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Commander wrote:Who gives a toss about both of 'em - why are you lot arguing as if they are your blood brothers or something? LOL. Ban both of the yobs for a couple of years - that'll teach em.

Yep, that'll teach an already retired David Haye. LOL.

= no chance of coming out of retirement for a big $$$ fight with Vitali or a 'grudge match' with Chisora. Cool

Hit him where it hurts... his pocket.

Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down