The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adam Booth

+10
AdamT
88Chris05
hayemaker
catchweight
rycoys
Steffan
TRUSSMAN66
TopHat24/7
wheelchair1991
hampo17
14 posters

Go down

Adam Booth Empty Adam Booth

Post by hampo17 Mon 08 Sep 2014, 3:45 pm

He seems to be upsetting a lot of his fighters latey, first Groves has left him and now Haye.

Haye has been training in the states with Rigos trainer and looks set to sign with Al Haymon as well.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Adam Booth Empty Re: Adam Booth

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 08 Sep 2014, 3:53 pm

I think he wants to much money although this is a guess im suprised haye has left though i thought he would never leave booth

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 08 Sep 2014, 4:35 pm

Chance of Haye ever getting back in a boxing ring??

Arguably it's not that meaningful.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 08 Sep 2014, 5:05 pm

Haye wants to be quick with his decision...Pick Joshua to beat him now..Time only improves Josh's chances.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 08 Sep 2014, 5:53 pm

Problem with Booth is that his ego is bigger than the boxers he trains

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Mon 08 Sep 2014, 6:17 pm

Massive supprise if true and a mistake from haye in my book, they have been together for years and its obvious booth has played a massive part in makeing haye the boxer he is, hes punch evasion style is all down to booth. Cant see haye adapting another style this late in hes career. Strange one cant wait to see it develop

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 08 Sep 2014, 6:32 pm

Booth is greedy and takes a lot of his fighters purse because he takes training fees and managemement fees. Haye has been rumoured to be negotitating with Al Haymon so wouldnt need Booths management services if he signed with him.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Tue 09 Sep 2014, 1:39 pm

I cant believe this is true! This would be terrible news for boxing. Haye and Booth were one of the best teams in boxing and had a great understanding. What is Haye going to learn extra at this stage of his career? I think a fully fit Haye at his best is the number 1 heavyweight on the planet. No need to change trainers now!

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 09 Sep 2014, 2:13 pm

hayemaker wrote:What is Haye going to learn extra at this stage of his career?!

How to make it through a training camp without getting injured, for one.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 09 Sep 2014, 2:33 pm

88Chris05 wrote:

How to make it through a training camp without getting injured, for one.
The ability to actually to turn up to a signed fight which fans have bought tickets for as well

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 09 Sep 2014, 2:46 pm

I think a fully fit Haye at his best is the number 1 heavyweight on the planet. No need to change trainers now![/quote]

His performance against Wlad suggests otherwise, unless you believe that nonsense about the big toe.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Tue 09 Sep 2014, 2:58 pm

Lennox didn't start training with Emmanuel Steward until he was about 30 years old. A late change worked for him so it could work for Haye.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Tue 09 Sep 2014, 3:14 pm

Its unfortunate but Haye is just injury prone. Even in many of his fights he has fought with injurys. Against Valuev he had an injured hand and he fought Klitschko with a broken toe. In fact I would be surprised if he was 100% in most of his fights. I cant see Booth being to blame for that. Some boxers just pick up injuries more easily than others.

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 09 Sep 2014, 3:29 pm

Haye is still reasonably young in heavyweight terms and given he has a schedule that makes Mayweather look like Harry Greb no reason he could not have a few years left in him. Whilst I don’t like the man Haye is not devoid of talent, and in the land of the blind etc. I have never particularly thought Booth deserved his reputation as a top tier trainer, seems whenever his charges are in a big fight his tactics appear not to extend much beyond circling and raiding.

Also am yet to see any evidence whatsoever Haye can fight a 12 round fight at any kind of pace. Was glacial against both Valuev and Wlad with no ability to change the pace or tactics, even when the Wlad fight was slipping away from him. If a new trainer can improve his ability to maintain a pace he will have achieved something.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 09 Sep 2014, 4:31 pm

I seriously doubt Haye's motivation in the sport right now.

If you're desire is to win the H/W title then complete dedication is needed but if you just want to make some money then has enough in the tank to do so.

He might be eyeing a fight with Deonty Wilder if Wilder beats Bernie and wins the WBC strap. I have seen Haye sparring with Wilder and he more then held his own. Haye might fancy his chances.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 09 Sep 2014, 4:46 pm

Definitely think Haye would see Wilder as an 'easy win' route to another title. But unless he is particularly chummy with the WBC, I don't see Wilder ever giving him a shot - he's never been keen on testing himself and will know from sparring that Haya can take him, so will probably duck.

Not sure how Haye would get himself into a mandatory position either, too much hard work involved, unless maybe the WBC allowed him straight into an eliminator.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 09 Sep 2014, 8:27 pm

I doubt the split is down to training issues. Its probably money and career control.

Training wise I dont it think it would do any harm either. Haye is one dimensional and was exposed against Klitschko.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Tue 09 Sep 2014, 8:53 pm

Booth is the Mayweather of trainers in terms of arrogance and inflated opinion. I would love to see what another trainer could do with Haye. It may be a bit unfair to say that Booth is a glorified personal trainer but his talents are definitely more in the physical prep rather than the game plan. Like many trainers I think he'll take you so far if you have the skill but then fall short at the top.

Interestingly though I thought Groves should have stuck with Booth for Froch even though Froch definitely falls into that "top" category. I think its because he installs calm, confidence and focus and Booths leisurely paced and timed raiding tactics were probably Georges best chances anyway. Half way in Froch 1 he needed a Booth word in his ear.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 09 Sep 2014, 9:07 pm

I never get Booth reputation for getting fighters into great shape comes from. If anything they seem to have suspect conditioning when forced to work at pace. His latest prospect Perez pretty much lost because he gassed.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Tue 09 Sep 2014, 10:21 pm

catchweight wrote:I never get Booth reputation for getting fighters into great shape comes from. If anything they seem to have suspect conditioning when forced to work at pace. His latest prospect Perez pretty much lost because he gassed.

It depends what you call great shape. Basics for many watching boxers is their cardio and seeing if they flag over 12 rounds but for me it's all round athleticism. I think Haye and Groves are pretty good examples of this. Best cardio no, but both have done 12 easily, both are fast, strong, agile and athletic and some cardio benefits are usually sacrificed to obtain these qualities.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down