The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adam Booth to Become Derek Chisora's New Trainer?

+4
eddyfightfan
Rowley
hampo17
davidemore
8 posters

Go down

Adam Booth to Become Derek Chisora's New Trainer? Empty Adam Booth to Become Derek Chisora's New Trainer?

Post by davidemore Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:06 pm

Big talk on this at the minute. Makes sense too, as Derek's last trainer tried to attack him, hardly the wise man you want in your corner.

Derek is a volatile man. What he needs is to know when to unleash. If he can learn to be more patient and not go off, i still think he has a big career ahead. Also, fitness is key for him. He blows up to fatty levels at times.

Thoughts on Cheese Face Booth training the Wild One, Derek Chisora?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Adam Booth to Become Derek Chisora's New Trainer? Empty Re: Adam Booth to Become Derek Chisora's New Trainer?

Post by hampo17 Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:12 pm

Not sure it would work, Booth likes his fighters to box off the ack foot while Chisora is very much a front foot fighter.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Adam Booth to Become Derek Chisora's New Trainer? Empty Re: Adam Booth to Become Derek Chisora's New Trainer?

Post by Rowley Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:14 pm

He can have the ghost of Ray Arcel and Eddie Futch training him I don't see it making a difference, has not got the discipline for the game as shown by his constant infractions outside the ring and inability to maintain any kind of consistent fighting weight.

He would not be the first heavy to be deficient in this respect but he does not have the ability to make up for his shortcomings. Apart from a half decent chin really don't see what there is to get excited about with Chisora.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:15 pm

i think with adams tactics he could do well, master tactitian is booth and chisora is better than his record suggests.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:20 pm

Not surprised his trainer attacked him!!!..

He probably wanted his name to pad out his record...

Everybody else has got him on theirs!!!.... Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:21 pm

Rowley wrote:He can have the ghost of Ray Arcel and Eddie Futch training him I don't see it making a difference, has not got the discipline for the game as shown by his constant infractions outside the ring and inability to maintain any kind of consistent fighting weight.

He would not be the first heavy to be deficient in this respect but he does not have the ability to make up for his shortcomings. Apart from a half decent chin really don't see what there is to get excited about with Chisora.

I can imagine that having ghosts holding up pads as you whacked them could present problems for a boxer.

I think Derek has talent, and i think Booth will be better at bringing that talent out than his last trainer. What's his name? That fat guy from the streets?

Anyway, he works well to the body Derek, and he has a bit of speed when fit. Also, he throws good hooks and knows when to hold. He gave Drone a scare for the first time in years.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:26 pm

We'll agree to disagree I think he is ordinary, says everything about the dearth of talent in the division that a guy like him can be considered a prospect. As Manos once put it he is Samuel Peter without the punch. People make the Vitali fight out like it was a life or death struggle, he landed a few punches, there was never a single point in the fight he looked like actually winning it.

Will also say I think Booth's reputation as some sort of master tactictian is overstated, if circling outside and rushing in with quick raids of single punches does not work I am yet to see much in the way of a plan B.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:28 pm

"I think Chisora has talent.................."

I'm sure he has...

just hope he finds the profession that can nurture it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 14 Jan 2013, 9:33 pm

Lol @ TRUSS, very good.

Rowley i agree Booth is not the special one by any means. The guy talks a great fight more than he produces great fighters. However, he will be better for Booth than that other dude was.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 14 Jan 2013, 11:31 pm

i think groves is doing very well under booth, and adams advice in between rounds is second to none. some trainers i see dont over any type of insight between rounds, where as booth always does.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 15 Jan 2013, 12:30 am

Booth is a genius. He uses words like long and short instead of outside and inside. He's street. He can come up with strategies for his fighters to win long and short, but always goes for the long strategy because, err, thats been the best one... so far... everytime.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 15 Jan 2013, 12:31 am

Booth is a good trainer. Even if he is like that smug kid at school you could never stand and still ignore even nowadays. He wont do nothing with the Chis though even if Del Boy would like to be 'physically' trained by Adam Booth

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 15 Jan 2013, 12:40 am

I guess his last trainer wasn't really a trainer at all so he can't be any worse although it would just seem odd given the past differences between the camps

Complete opposite fighter to booths normal fighters and even if he had 20 years to work on Del Boy he couldn't change him into a master boxer

Booth is a pretty strict trainer who for Dalit of fitness work so if Delboy gets serious h he could at least get into good shape to make a career. He is technically awful but a fit Chisora vs a fit Arreola/Adamek/Povetkin etc would be a fun fight while it last with neither hitting hard and both being durable

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down