The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reality Check - Roger Federer - One of the greatest Human being of our time.

+16
Born Slippy
break_in_the_fifth
summerblues
banbrotam
Danny_1982
kingraf
Calder106
Yah00
laverfan
Jahu
bogbrush
JuliusHMarx
hawkeye
socal1976
TRuffin
invisiblecoolers
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Reality Check - Roger Federer - One of the greatest Human being of our time. - Page 3 Empty Reality Check - Roger Federer - One of the greatest Human being of our time.

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 07 Sep 2014, 4:01 am

First topic message reminder :

Unlike opening threads to pass hatred I believe opening threads to pass some great message, show an example of conduct and how people have benefited by it

So I am going to post a new series of threads called "Reality Check" and whom should I start first? The Greatest Player Of All Time - Roger Federer.

1]Growing up with Roger Federer - Ten reasons to love and respect him

An article worth a read for neutral and not tennis related fans, coz this threads talks about something we all already know, so if you are a real tennis fan you can safely skip this link -

https://www.facebook.com/notes/roger-federer-the-best-tennis-player-in-the-world/growing-up-with-roger-federer-ten-reasons-to-love-and-respect-him/509007539142866

2]What is Roger Federer like in real life? - Article written by Jai Shankar on RF's visit to Tsunami affected places in India, heart touching

There were 50 kids who lost their parents waited to see him, and the humble man along with his wife went to see all those kids. He literally turned like a kid played with each & every one and learned some local languages (Tamil). At one point some kids got fear due to a lots of flashes that came from the photographer, some even cried and this man had tears in his eyes too. He didn't care what dress they wear and hugged each & every one with same amount of love.

Link to the article - http://www.quora.com/What-is-Roger-Federer-like-in-real-life

Reality Check - Roger Federer - One of the greatest Human being of our time. - Page 3 Xin_101203250933049121194
3]Roger Federer downgrading his suite as a respect to his coach -

During one of his matches the commentator told the following story:
He once went to a hotel with his whole team for the duration of a tournament.
Upon settling in, he then went to his coach's room, and noticed it was just a standard double room while he was staying in a nice suite. He then asked that everyone on his team should have the same level of comfort as he was enjoying. When told that no other suites were available he then downgraded to a regular room too.

4]Roger Federer supporting Make a wish campaign - Cancer stuck Teenage women's real life story

If I am right this article was posted long back in 606v2, forgot the name of the poster who posted it.

Anyways here is the link to a great story -

http://mashable.com/2013/08/01/roger-federer-fan-wish/

5]Federer comes 2nd in Worlds most loved and respected people [after Late Mandela] -
Most people in world voted for Roger Federer not coz they got fantasized by media but Federer earned their love and respect [and ofcourse his competitive fans jealousy]

ATP tour posted the news and link as follows -
http://www.atpworldtour.com/news/tennis/2011/09/features/federer-mandela-most-respected.aspx

6]Roger Federer foundation improving life of kids in Africa -

He just doesn't send them money but spend time with those kids and inspire them. Donating money is great but spending time with those poor kids is something only immortals can do, Link to Roger Federer foundation and information about it.

http://www.rogerfedererfoundation.org/en/home/

Reality Check - Roger Federer - One of the greatest Human being of our time. - Page 3 Federer-203
Reality Check - Roger Federer - One of the greatest Human being of our time. - Page 3 Roger_Federer_Ethiopia2
Reality Check - Roger Federer - One of the greatest Human being of our time. - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQN-ik5Viqi9GTSTJMBO4WPdThJ5IAKKcjuISBqmVTg0x9vqdc0

Outside that
He is a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador and starred in a 2007 World AIDS Day public service announcement to raise awareness about the transmission of HIV from mothers to their children. Has played several charity matches for his foundation and several other foundations [Rafa's foundation notable]. The list could actually go beyond pages so I have to trim here.

Reality check confirms and proud to post a thread on one of the Greatest Human Being to have surfaced this planet during our time.

Proud to have been on your time RF, I like you for not being just a great player but for changing several people's life for inspiring several kids, for helping people overcome their illness for setting an example of how to be a great human being.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Reality Check - Roger Federer - One of the greatest Human being of our time. - Page 3 Empty Re: Reality Check - Roger Federer - One of the greatest Human being of our time.

Post by socal1976 Mon 08 Sep 2014, 11:46 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
kingraf wrote:
summerblues wrote:Indeed, this article has served as a great reality check - eye opener even - for me.

I have always assumed that Roger was the greatest human being to have ever lived - past, present or future.

This article made me stop and ask, what if it is not true?  Could it be there are others comparably worthy?

I am too shell shocked to give it a proper thought now, but once I calm down I will consider it seriously.  If the author's thought - that Roger may only be one among other similarly worthy individuals - is true, the very foundations of my understanding of the world will be shaken to the core.

You seem to be missing something rather obvious Summer. Mandela is dead... Federer is now the undisputed greatest human being humanity has sired.

He's the GHBOAT!

That is pretty funny. Since Mandela's death Fed is both the GOAT and GHBOAT

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Reality Check - Roger Federer - One of the greatest Human being of our time. - Page 3 Empty Re: Reality Check - Roger Federer - One of the greatest Human being of our time.

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 08 Sep 2014, 11:49 am

socal1976 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
socal1976 wrote:His legion of followers demand that he be placed above everyone else into a category he clearly doesn't belong.

Do they? Which 'legion' of fans is this? Presumably on some other forum?

BB, Ruffin, and IC seem to agree with Federer as one of the greatest humans of our time thinking. 3 posters on this site is a sizeable percentage unfortunately and they are representative of those who voted Federer second to Mandela on silly lists. So yes legion is more a reference to his online hit squad that seems to have on every comments section or website.

Not sure BB thinks that. I think he's just arguing against whatever you say Smile
Not entirely certain Truffin agrees either.

I don't think that poll indicates that people think he's one of the greatest human beings of our time. I think if you asked those people that direct question they would give a different answer.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 08 Sep 2014, 12:26 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Yeah but IC, that poll assessed "the reputations of the world’s 54 most visible public figures in politics, business, culture and sports. Derek Jeter was the second highest-rated athlete on the list at No. 16, while David Beckham finished at No. 24"
The 55th most visible figure wasn't even given a chance, and neither was that guy I used to work with who does lots of work for charity.

Did Earth have a population implosion to leave just 54 humans alive, since he is now the GOAT/GHBOAT? The slams lost 74 participants. Doh I think Federer can now win a 100+ slams. Reality Check - Roger Federer - One of the greatest Human being of our time. - Page 3 3845856932

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Mon 08 Sep 2014, 3:21 pm

That's an impressive amount of charity work and general kindness by Federer highlighted in the OP. He's influenced thousands of lives in a positive way.

But let's not pretend that this makes up for being ungracious after losing to Djokovic in USO11.

The cad! The bounder!

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 08 Sep 2014, 3:30 pm

I agree Murdoch I require at least 15 hospitals and 50 schools in impoverished areas to even considering forgiving the Swiss pomposity.

But seriously, I don't think I have ever said Federer isn't a positive or good figure. But seriously one of the greatest humans of our time. That is bizarre. I can only think of a few million people off the top of my head. I could agree that Fed is probably in the top 1 percent or so or maybe even better in terms of charity. But seriously how much skin does he have in the game of his charity. Warren Buffet gave away 30 billion that would be like Fed giving away half of the money he has ever earned to charity. And if we aren't doing it based on money what about the guy who runs into a burning building or goes into a warzone to help war torn refugees at the risk of being killed.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectView2 Mon 08 Sep 2014, 4:38 pm

kingraf wrote:I've read excerpts from it LF and the title is pretty correct. I have no issue with people placing Ghandi on a pedestal, but I'm inclined not to worship  or agree with a man who thinks I'm good for no more than herding and subhuman...

On that basis, I'm sure Federer has cause to be ranked somewhere up there...

+1

I agree with kingRaf here and the article to me made sense, so kudos to the author and the article.

Do we have a mindset to look for negative part in everything, I guess humans can never be happy and they always like to find minor flaws than be happy with major contributions.

It also look very absurd to compare charity works [before somebody could jump on me] and say my momma is bigger than your momma. picard

DirectView2

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 08 Sep 2014, 5:10 pm

DirectView2 wrote:
kingraf wrote:I've read excerpts from it LF and the title is pretty correct. I have no issue with people placing Ghandi on a pedestal, but I'm inclined not to worship  or agree with a man who thinks I'm good for no more than herding and subhuman...

+1

I agree with kingRaf here and the article to me made sense, so kudos to the author and the article.

Do we have a mindset to look for negative part in everything, I guess humans can never be happy and they always like to find minor flaws than be happy with major contributions.

It also look very absurd to compare charity works [before somebody could jump on me] and say my momma is bigger than your momma. picard

My mother is actually rather slim and petite. You really believe Fed is one of the best human beings in the world? Please explain what he has done is any better than many, many celebrities with huge amounts of money on their hands? Then how would you compare fed then to someone who gives up and organ or runs into a burning building or works in a refugee camp in Africa or the middle east where their life is in danger for a good cause? What skin does Federer have in this charity game besides ad tiny, tiny, tiny fraction of his money and time.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 08 Sep 2014, 5:42 pm

If Federer does anything good you will have people who don't like him say "he only gives the tiniest of fractions" like someone in this thread has said. He should "give more" cause he didn't give enough. Same old same old. kiss
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectView2 Mon 08 Sep 2014, 7:25 pm

socal1976 wrote:
DirectView2 wrote:

+1

My mother is actually rather slim and petite. You really believe Fed is one of the best human beings in the world? Please explain what he has done is any better than many, many celebrities with huge amounts of money on their hands? Then how would you compare fed then to someone who gives up and organ or runs into a burning building or works in a refugee camp in Africa or the middle east where their life is in danger for a good cause? What skin does Federer have in this charity game besides ad tiny, tiny, tiny fraction of his money and time.

He has been a powerful influence on the society and helped changed many lives unlike you sitting and mourning.

DirectView2

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 08 Sep 2014, 7:38 pm

DirectView2 wrote:
socal1976 wrote:
DirectView2 wrote:

+1

He has been a powerful influence on the society and helped changed many lives unlike you sitting and mourning.

What the guy hits a tiny fuzzy ball better than anyone else, how the Smeg has he changed society? Newton, Einstein, Edison, the Wright brothers changed society. If Federer was never born I doubt the world would be much different than it is today. Thanks for further proving the delusional myopia of a segment of Federer fans. As I said Federer has given, and credit to him for doing that. But not much that he has done in terms of charity has been so overboard that he deserves special recognition over other famous millionaires and billionaires in the same position. By the way you don't know anything about me, all I would say is make less assumptions.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectView2 Mon 08 Sep 2014, 8:07 pm

socal1976 wrote:
DirectView2 wrote:
socal1976 wrote:
DirectView2 wrote:

+1

What the guy hits a tiny fuzzy ball better than anyone else, how the Smeg has he changed society? Newton, Einstein, Edison, the Wright brothers changed society. If Federer was never born I doubt the world would be much different than it is today. Thanks for further proving the delusional myopia of a segment of Federer fans. As I said Federer has given, and credit to him for doing that. But not much that he has done in terms of charity has been so overboard that he deserves special recognition over other famous millionaires and billionaires in the same position. By the way you don't know anything about me, all  I would say is make less assumptions.  

Its time waste to explain things to tiny brain, and I am not going to waste my time explaining things to you, if Federer is a smug for you fine, you happy now?

DirectView2

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Tue 09 Sep 2014, 2:19 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
socal1976 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
socal1976 wrote:His legion of followers demand that he be placed above everyone else into a category he clearly doesn't belong.

Do they? Which 'legion' of fans is this? Presumably on some other forum?

BB, Ruffin, and IC seem to agree with Federer as one of the greatest humans of our time thinking. 3 posters on this site is a sizeable percentage unfortunately and they are representative of those who voted Federer second to Mandela on silly lists. So yes legion is more a reference to his online hit squad that seems to have on every comments section or website.

Not sure BB thinks that. I think he's just arguing against whatever you say Smile
Not entirely certain Truffin agrees either.

I don't think that poll indicates that people think he's one of the greatest human beings of our time. I think if you asked those people that direct question they would give a different answer.

This is your problem, full of assumptions, did anywhere BB, Truffin disagree with me? at the same time they didn't confirm that they agreed with me either.

If you disagree its fine, you casted your views JHM, why bother what others think leave that decision to them. Very Happy thumbsup

On the poll, and the ATP page it clearly confirms Roger as one of the most respected and loved guy in the planet, and if that qualify as a criteria for great human being then not sure what qualifies laughing

Come with something better Julies. Very Happy

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 09 Sep 2014, 5:55 am

DirectView2 wrote:
socal1976 wrote:
DirectView2 wrote:
socal1976 wrote:
DirectView2 wrote:

+1

What the guy hits a tiny fuzzy ball better than anyone else, how the Smeg has he changed society? Newton, Einstein, Edison, the Wright brothers changed society. If Federer was never born I doubt the world would be much different than it is today. Thanks for further proving the delusional myopia of a segment of Federer fans. As I said Federer has given, and credit to him for doing that. But not much that he has done in terms of charity has been so overboard that he deserves special recognition over other famous millionaires and billionaires in the same position. By the way you don't know anything about me, all  I would say is make less assumptions.  

Its time waste to explain things to tiny brain, and I am not going to waste my time explaining things to you, if Federer is a smug for you fine, you happy now?

Yes because I don't think Roger is one of the best human beings of our time then it must mean I have a tiny brain. Yes Federer by hitting a fuzzy yellow ball better than anyone else and giving a fraction of his time and money to charity has changed society and is one of the greatest humans of our time. That is a really smart argument direct view.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Tue 09 Sep 2014, 1:36 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:
On the poll, and the ATP page it clearly confirms Roger as one of the most respected and loved guy in the planet, and if that qualify as a criteria for great human being then not sure what qualifies laughing

This is pretty flawed reasoning IC.

Julius and Socal are both correct on this thread- he is a good ambassador for the game of tennis, has done fantastic charity work which has helped many no doubt- but to categorise him as one of the greatest human beings of our time is hyperbolic even for a sensationalist's standards.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 09 Sep 2014, 1:53 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:This is your problem, full of assumptions, did anywhere BB, Truffin disagree with me? at the same time they didn't confirm that they agreed with me either.

Then it would appear to be your problem as well, as you made that initial assumption Smile

invisiblecoolers wrote:Come with something better Julies. Very Happy

For what purpose? It's more than good enough for me already. Smile

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed 10 Sep 2014, 12:26 am

There is greatness and then there is greatestness. We should ask the various gods of myriad religions, popes, imams, rabbis, priests, politicians to vote in such a poll. Laugh

Yet another debate for the ages.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Wed 10 Sep 2014, 2:28 am

It Must Be Love wrote:
invisiblecoolers wrote:

This is pretty flawed reasoning IC.

Julius and Socal are both correct on this thread- he is a good ambassador for the game of tennis, has done fantastic charity work which has helped many no doubt- but to categorise him as one of the greatest human beings of our time is hyperbolic even for a sensationalist's standards.

Oh really chin

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Wed 10 Sep 2014, 2:31 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
invisiblecoolers wrote:This is your problem, full of assumptions, did anywhere BB, Truffin disagree with me? at the same time they didn't confirm that they agreed with me either.

Then it would appear to be your problem as well, as you made that initial assumption Smile

It was your assumption again that it was my assumption laughing

invisiblecoolers wrote:Come with something better Julies. Very Happy

JuliusHMarx wrote:
For what purpose? It's more than good enough for me already. Smile

You think so Boss? ok I drop the thread then thumbsup

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3