The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+10
JuliusHMarx
Union Cane
Rowley
Pal Joey
kingraf
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
88Chris05
Hibbz
ShahenshahG
14 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Union Cane Fri 15 Aug 2014, 2:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

5. civic
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Union Cane Thu 28 Aug 2014, 1:54 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Blackjack

Racist.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 11 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 28 Aug 2014, 2:09 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Fruit Salad

Homophobe.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Aug 2014, 2:39 pm

My blackjack and fruit salad mix could be on celebrity big brother. Obviously ticks the boxes.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 28 Aug 2014, 4:39 pm

He kills the thread
He's seeing a shrink about his head
seanmichaels seanmichaels

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 28 Aug 2014, 5:01 pm

He introduced a serious topic into the thread earlier and now this, he has had a mare today. Can only hope Rick's Friday quiz is a belter tomorrow.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 28 Aug 2014, 5:19 pm

Tino, if you're reading this, please get in touch with one of us.  You're not in any trouble and no-one's cross with you, we're not even disappointed, we just want to know that you're safe and well.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 28 Aug 2014, 5:43 pm

Hyde..ahem Jekyll Tino Jr wrote:Hi Guys Dad is quite well although hes a bit of a nuisance as I keep tripping over his corps...his course books, he has gone to study arthropods in the andes. Ill let him know you asked about him. Ta

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 28 Aug 2014, 5:49 pm

Well that's a relief. There's always a sensible explanation if you just look hard enough.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 28 Aug 2014, 6:49 pm

Aye and from such a reputable source as well.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Aug 2014, 9:57 pm

Bog off

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 7:49 am

Word to the culture cup massive brrraaaapp.

Fist

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 29 Aug 2014, 7:54 am

Bugger. Second by a walrus' whisker

How's it going rick? Happy day ahead?

End of the day here. Last days of winter and very nice outside.
Got some sawdust in my eyes gang-nailing joists whilst the blokes were cutting yellow tongue boards above.
I think that explains that Aussie squint some of us convicts have. Strange... considering I'm a free settler.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 7:59 am

Morning TLD, good weekend ahead as there is a local music festival here, with such luminaries as Shed 7, Example and the Pet Shop Boys.

And it is walking distance from my place so no need for stinky toilets and flooded fields! Good times.

I suck at DIY, maybe you are now a convict by osmosis...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 29 Aug 2014, 8:08 am

yeah, reverse cultural osmosis. Probably explains why I'm creeping westward.

Enjoy the music festival. Much better to do your own business at home rather than slip on some emo's half used toilet paper. They also leave lots of germs on the tap handles so you needn't worry about that either.

Got the results of my Credit Check today. Cost nothing. Thought I might have a couple of little utilities "black marks" but after going through the 15 pages all I got was "No information recorded" in about a dozen different categories.

The only entry was my own access inquiry from about a week ago. That's the only footprint I (or anyone else) has left on my credit record.

Stoked.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 8:25 am

be a bit wary mate, as it sometimes takes a wee while for the information to feed through to the report you request...

It is different, potentially, than the ones the lenders have (from experience)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 29 Aug 2014, 8:30 am

Shed Seven are a cracking band. Got a little bit pop-y but some crackers there. Chasing Rainbows, On Stand By, High Hopes...

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 8:33 am

sean wrote:Shed Seven are a cracking band. Got a little bit pop-y but some crackers there. Chasing Rainbows, On Stand By, High Hopes...

Looking forward to them tonight sean, hoping the weather stays better, couldn't give a rats tadger about Example, but Pet Shop Boys could be a good do...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 29 Aug 2014, 8:38 am

Went to see Shed Seven last Christmas, they were alright. Do like a christmas gig. Good opportunity to have a few pre festive beers with my brother and friends, Inspiral Carpets this year.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 29 Aug 2014, 8:42 am

From the BBC web-site - "Rugby star fined for model assault"
He shouldn't assault anyone, but at least he did a textbook example of it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 29 Aug 2014, 8:50 am

Rowley wrote:Went to see Shed Seven last Christmas, they were alright. Do like a christmas gig. Good opportunity to have a few pre festive beers with my brother and friends, Inspiral Carpets this year.

Husband don't know what he's done, kids don't know what's wrong with mum.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 8:54 am

This is how it feels to be small...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 29 Aug 2014, 8:54 am

Want to go and see Echo and the Bunnymen as well, but TSMR does not seem keen and I do not have any friends who would be overly arsed, pity. I might just go on my own.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 8:58 am

Jeff wrote:Want to go and see Echo and the Bunnymen as well, but TSMR does not seem keen and I do not have any friends who would be overly arsed, pity. I might just go on my own.

I would imagine there will be lots in the same boat, and much better than going to a Justin Bieber concert and just standing there on your own... looking...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 29 Aug 2014, 9:00 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Jeff wrote:Want to go and see Echo and the Bunnymen as well, but TSMR does not seem keen and I do not have any friends who would be overly arsed, pity. I might just go on my own.

I would imagine there will be lots in the same boat, and much better than going to a Justin Bieber concert and just standing there on your own...  looking...

At least with Beiber I could stand with Dave, who would have gone to give himself something to get unnecessarily annoyed about.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 9:02 am

Jeff wrote:At least with Beiber I could stand with Dave, who would have gone to give himself something to get unnecessarily annoyed about.

Pretty sure that breaches terms on at least 3 of his registers though Jeff.

Couple of friends are getting far too excited for Kate Bush (insert own flange joke) in concert, don't see it myself.

Last edited by rick_dagless on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : falnge - not a clue)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 29 Aug 2014, 9:02 am

Rowley wrote:Want to go and see Echo and the Bunnymen as well, but TSMR does not seem keen and I do not have any friends who would be overly arsed, pity. I might just go on my own.

I would write to your local MP. And if you don't have an MP, then the lead singer of Echo and the Bunnymen

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Aug 2014, 9:05 am

Galted wrote:Tino, if you're reading this, please get in touch with one of us.  You're not in any trouble and no-one's cross with you, we're not even disappointed, we just want to know that you're safe and well.

I am safe and well, and touched by your concern.

Just to clear a couple of things up;

I am not dead.
I am most definitely not Sir Cliff Richard.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 29 Aug 2014, 9:06 am

I would welcome you back Tina, but nearly two weeks without even a thought to check in hurts, a lot.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 29 Aug 2014, 9:08 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Convenient denial....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Aug 2014, 9:11 am

Rowley wrote:I would welcome you back Tina, but nearly two weeks without even a thought to check in hurts, a lot.

It's not my intention to hurt you, Jeffrey, but unfortunately (for me) and fortunately (for you), I won't be around too much for a while.

Mrs Windows is a wee bit poorly so I am taking some time off work to look after things. I will doing some work at home, although not much, and I will endeavour to check in now and again to confirm whether or not I am dead.

Keep fighting the good fight.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 29 Aug 2014, 9:15 am

Now that just makes me feel bad, I could cope with you being ill, but not Mrs Windows.

Hope everything's ok and she gets better soon.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 29 Aug 2014, 9:16 am

Rowley wrote:I would welcome you back Tina, but nearly two weeks without even a thought to check in hurts, a lot.

It is exactly a month, not 2 weeks.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 29 Aug 2014, 9:19 am

seanmichaels wrote:

It is exactly a month, not 2 weeks.

He was on holiday for the first two weeks Sean, please try to pay attention. Sorry to hear about Mrs Windows Tina. Goes without say but hope she is alright, am not a doctor but maybe going a couple of months without expecting her to add to your already oversized brood might help.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 29 Aug 2014, 9:21 am

Ditto

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 9:22 am

Hope she gets better Tino squire, though I hope you are not using her as a human shield to escape the wrath of your offspring?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 29 Aug 2014, 9:32 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:Tino, if you're reading this, please get in touch with one of us.  You're not in any trouble and no-one's cross with you, we're not even disappointed, we just want to know that you're safe and well.

I am safe and well, and touched by your concern.

Just to clear a couple of things up;

I am not dead.

Yay!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 29 Aug 2014, 10:29 am

Where is the quiz Rick. I am dangerously bored. I came close to doing some work earlier.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 10:33 am

Jeff wrote:Where is the quiz Rick. I am dangerously bored. I came close to doing some work earlier.

Crikey! Sorry to hear that Jeff!

Though i dont have time to correctly monitor such a thing yet.

Give me an hour

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 29 Aug 2014, 10:34 am

Rowley wrote:Where is the quiz Rick. I am dangerously bored. I came close to doing some work earlier.

I'll do one. I'm knacckered but in a fairly good mood having heard Go Your Own Way on my journey to work.

Give me 5.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 29 Aug 2014, 10:34 am

Aye, give my best to Mrs Windows as well please, Cliff.

What quiz is it that Rick is meant to be cooking up?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 29 Aug 2014, 10:36 am

Rick occasionally treats us on a Friday by doing us a quiz, with a bit of look it will be music so I can spoil it by being someway better than everyone else at it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 29 Aug 2014, 10:40 am

88Chris05 wrote:Aye, give my best to Mrs Windows as well please, Cliff.

What quiz is it that Rick is meant to be cooking up?

Its a cookery quiz.

He gives us all £20 and we buy ingredients. He then cooks us something in 20 minutes.

He calls it Ready, Rik, cook

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 10:40 am

Rowley wrote:Rick occasionally treats us on a Friday by doing us a quiz, with a bit of look luck it will be music so I can spoil it by being someway better than everyone else at it.

Come on Jeff you are better than that...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 29 Aug 2014, 10:42 am

Was typing quick as we had a delivery at the door Rick, but as you have alluded to, no real excuse for such shoddiness.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 29 Aug 2014, 10:52 am

Looking for a common link between the songs/artists, a lyric of which is listed below.

1.) The link is lost, the chain undone.
2.) Came back only yesterday moving further away, want you near me.
3.) Oh, the iron will and iron hand in England's green and pleasant land, No music for the shameful scene, That night they said it had even shocked the queen
4.) The Marquis de Sade don't wear no boots like these
5.) My pappy said when I was seventeen you're six feet tall and your face is clean

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 29 Aug 2014, 10:53 am

Rowley wrote:Was typing quick as we had a delivery at the door Rick, but as you have alluded to, no real excuse for such shoddiness.

Container full of Afghans?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 29 Aug 2014, 10:58 am

4 is Fools Gold, The Stone Roses
2 is Only You, by Yazoo or the Flying Pickets, if you prefer.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 10:58 am

Jeff wrote:Was typing quick, as we had a delivery at the door Rick

Sounds like the opening line to a terrible 70's pop song.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 29 Aug 2014, 10:59 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:Was typing quick as we had a delivery at the door Rick, but as you have alluded to, no real excuse for such shoddiness.

Container full of Afghans?

No, it's Thai Bride day today, I love Fridays

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 29 Aug 2014, 11:00 am

Rowley wrote:4 is Fools Gold, The Stone Roses
2 is Only You, by Yazoo or the Flying Pickets, if you prefer.

Correct for 4 and 2 is Flying Pickets.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next