The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+10
JuliusHMarx
Union Cane
Rowley
Pal Joey
kingraf
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
88Chris05
Hibbz
ShahenshahG
14 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 10 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Union Cane Fri 15 Aug 2014, 2:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

5. civic
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 10 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Wed 27 Aug 2014, 10:43 pm

Galted wrote:Great work on the DM site, michaels.  Your Rainbow Bridge post should be trotted out next time there's an article about a dead animal, preferably one shot by an American.  These articles appear daily (unfortunately they disappear from the main page after a day or so so can't be enjoyed for posterity).

Yes, it was a piece close to my heart. Must have spent all of 30 seconds googling EMO poem about dead animals, before cutting and pasting it. Jay is feisty.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 10 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Galted Wed 27 Aug 2014, 10:56 pm

Should I invite Jay to replace Tino or should we do Tino the honour of first waiting until his corpse is found?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 27 Aug 2014, 11:04 pm

Who the f*ck is Jay?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 28 Aug 2014, 7:48 am

Galted wrote:Should I invite Jay to replace Tino or should we do Tino the honour of first waiting until his corpse is found?

Lets wait until Cliff's Tino's trial/investigation hiatus has been confirmed, then offer the friendly hand out Galted.

Fist

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Aug 2014, 8:05 am

Surely Adam or Rowley can contact him? I'm becoming increasingly worried.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 28 Aug 2014, 8:28 am

sean wrote:Surely Adam or Rowley can contact him? I'm becoming increasingly worried.....

Must be able to check when he last browsed the site, unless all his technology has been confiscated by Yewtree for the investigation?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 28 Aug 2014, 8:56 am

Tina's now been unaccounted for for a week and a half. If he was a missing backpacker in Thailand the insurance company would be paying out on his life.

Time to move on folks.

If he is really dead, I like to think that he would have enjoyed us taking the p1ss out of him the last few days.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 28 Aug 2014, 8:58 am

Superfly is right, lets all look on the bright side, in the unlikely event any of us were less popular than Tina with fellow culture cuppers we have all moved up a place.

I think I am going to ban him, just so none of us waste time waiting for him to come back.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 28 Aug 2014, 9:17 am

Didn't Tino say something about moving to America to teach little girls how to shoot?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Aug 2014, 9:18 am

Viewing profile :: Mind the windows Tino.
ProfileStatisticsFriendsContact
Statistics
Topics
Number of topics : 71 (0.13% of total)
Topics per day : 0.06
Latest topic : Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:58 pm
Find all topics where Mind the windows Tino. has posted in
Posts per day : 9.21
Latest post : Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:57 pm
Find all messages posted by Mind the windows Tino.
Information
Number of friends : 0

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 28 Aug 2014, 9:20 am

Union Cane wrote:Didn't Tino say something about moving to America to teach little girls how to shoot?

Think it is teaching little girls things that caused his absence in the first place.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 28 Aug 2014, 9:21 am

The plot thickens.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 28 Aug 2014, 9:39 am

sean wrote:Number of friends : 0

Definitely Tino's profile though.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 28 Aug 2014, 9:51 am

rick_dagless wrote:
sean wrote:Number of friends : 0

Definitely Tino's profile though.

rick_dagless has no friends yet

People in glass houses Rick.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Aug 2014, 9:54 am

Rowley wrote:

I'm dying for your opinion on the events in Rotherham. Love the way they're blaming some bloke and barely giving these gangs a mention. I guess that is one for the Daily Mail site though....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 28 Aug 2014, 10:01 am

Jeff wrote:rick_dagless has no friends yet

I see your point Jeff, but I am yet at the desperation stage whereby using an unexplained hiatus to garner goodwill amongst the cuppers seems like a good idea...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 28 Aug 2014, 10:04 am

I miss Tino. He was in my top 50 favourite posters (just).

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 28 Aug 2014, 10:09 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:

I'm dying for your opinion on the events in Rotherham. Love the way they're blaming some bloke and barely giving these gangs a mention. I guess that is one for the Daily Mail site though....

Ok Sean, this is perhaps my one and only serious post on the culture cup, I would actively discourage posts of this nature becoming a feature on here. My opinion is there are countless people involved who should resign, there are people still in jobs in both the police and the council and it happened on there watch, if your job is to protect children and punish serious criminality and you fail to do this over a 10 year period you should walk, or expect to be fired. To try and cling on to your position is arrogant and grossly offensive to the victims.

Whilst I would in no way shape or form try to condone the incompetence of those who have failed to act on the reports they received about this abuse I have worked in the civil service and it does bread in a certain culture and fear that creates a reticence and reluctance to go within 100 yard of anything that can be interpreted as racist, sexist or homophobic. Trust me getting accused of either of these will kill your career quicker than a nine year old with an Uzi can kill an idiot. As I say, that is not excusing the senior managers failure to follow up on the countless reports of abuse they received, but is just to give a bit of context to their failure.

Trite and obvious thing to say but your sympathy in these cases should only ever be with the victims I do worry about what effect this will have on the town. It is hardly the most economically thrusting of towns at the best of times and as tends to be the case when towns are on their arse it is a regular stopping off point for the ever loveable English Defence League for their marches, we already had one murder last year, which most accept was racially motivated. Can only imagine the knuckle draggers will be back in town soon enough stoking the fires, can only think these events will ensure they find a fairly receptive audience for their bile.

Anyway that’s enough of all that, lets talk about hamptons or Union’s imaginary wife or some such.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Aug 2014, 10:10 am

I miss Tino. He is a badly fressed plank but I liked the fact that we could talk rugger occasionally in a Welsh / Kiwi / Paddy free zone.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Aug 2014, 10:10 am

seanmichaels wrote:I miss Tino. He is a badly dressed plank but I liked the fact that we could talk rugger occasionally in a Welsh / Kiwi / Paddy free zone.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 28 Aug 2014, 10:11 am

I swear down Jeff, if this comment brings over ONETWO, TRUSSY or CS then I lay the blame squarely at your door...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Aug 2014, 10:15 am

You can delete it now!

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 28 Aug 2014, 10:17 am

seanmichaels wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:I miss Tino. He is a badly dressed plank but I liked the fact that we could talk rugger occasionally in a Welsh / Kiwi / Paddy free zone.

Amazing that you still can't use the quote function.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 28 Aug 2014, 10:21 am

I have sent you all a friend request to make you all feel better about yourselves.

And by all, I mean the people I like.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 28 Aug 2014, 10:22 am

seanmichaels wrote:You can delete it now!

Not likely, have not put so much effort into a post since we used to discuss boxing on the boxing board.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 28 Aug 2014, 10:24 am

Jeff wrote:since we used to discuss boxing on the boxing board

Crazy days...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 28 Aug 2014, 10:36 am

Adam D wrote:I have sent you all a friend request to make you all feel better about yourselves.

Adam clearly thinks a friend request from him would make people feel better about themselves. What an ego-maniac.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 28 Aug 2014, 10:37 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Adam D wrote:I have sent you all a friend request to make you all feel better about yourselves.

Adam clearly thinks a friend request from him would make people feel better about themselves. What an ego-maniac.

Did you get my foe request?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 28 Aug 2014, 10:39 am

Adam D wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Friend or Foe. Is your surname Ant?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Aug 2014, 10:43 am

I didn't get one?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Aug 2014, 10:47 am

Changed my brake pads last night in the pi55ing rain and it was pretty much dark when I finished. Must have been bitten by something as I was finishing up because my hand started itching after I showered. I now have a normal right hand and whatI expect looks like Toppy's left hand. I can feel the blood pumping through it.

Do you reckon it could have been a spider? If only Tino was here, he would know.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 28 Aug 2014, 10:59 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Adam D wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Friend or Foe. Is your surname Ant?

I don't Understand. And delivery of that gag was immaculate.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 28 Aug 2014, 11:16 am

seanmichaels wrote:Changed my brake pads last night in the pi55ing rain and it was pretty much dark when I finished. Must have been bitten by something as I was finishing up because my hand started itching after I showered. I now have a normal right hand and whatI expect looks like Toppy's left hand. I can feel the blood pumping through it.

Do you reckon it could have been a spider? If only Tino was here, he would know.....

Maybe I can help. I'm a spider expert of sorts.

Sounds very much like you've been bitten by a Keith Moon Spider.  They are not much bigger than a fly but if you lean over them and look at them more closely you'll see quite a hairy face, slightly bloated sideburns, wild and crazy looking eyes (with a hint of a smirk) and a very unpredictable temperament.

You wouldn't have noticed that last trait before it threw away its drum sticks and jumped at your face. They usually miss though and land on or near one's forearm. Symptoms include itching (which gets worse after showering) so under no circumstances should you even lightly give the bite zone a scratch.

I wish Tino were here so he could verify this fact.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 28 Aug 2014, 11:23 am

Keith Moon spider?

I wont get fooled again with that one .

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 28 Aug 2014, 11:28 am

Adam D wrote:Keith Moon spider?

Despite their size they've been known to throw grand pianos from high level hotel room windows.

Incredibly strong for their size, very dangerous and deadly spiders they are. Paris Hilton was nearly killed by one whilst sunbaking beside a swimming pool at a hotel in Las Vegas in 2009. She's lucky to be alive.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Aug 2014, 11:36 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:

Despite their size they've been known to throw grand pianos from high level hotel room windows.

Incredibly strong for their size, very dangerous and deadly spiders they are. Paris Hilton was nearly killed by one whilst sunbaking beside a swimming pool at a hotel in Las Vegas in 2009. She's lucky to be alive.

Have you been on the wacky backy?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 28 Aug 2014, 11:46 am

seanmichaels wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:

Have you been on the wacky backy?

No, this is fact.

If the waiter hadn't got her drink order wrong (and she hadn't leaned over to mention this to Nicole) the world would be mourning the loss of yet another talented starlet in freakish circumstances.

How's the wound feeling, sean?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Aug 2014, 11:51 am

when i clench my fist it is like there isn't enough shin to cover the contents. Tight.

Once got bit by what I think was a sand fly on the pier at Port Douglas whilst night fishing. The wound it created didn't heal properly for a couple of years. It would forever form a yellowy scab that would come off with the slightest abrasion. I still have the scar now and it happened in 2002.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Aug 2014, 11:52 am

seanmichaels wrote:When I clench my fist it is like there isn't enough skin to cover the contents. Tight.

Once got bit by what I think was a sand fly on the pier at Port Douglas whilst night fishing. The wound it created didn't heal properly for a couple of years. It would forever form a yellowy scab that would come off with the slightest abrasion. I still have the scar now and it happened in 2002.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 28 Aug 2014, 11:52 am

Here's a photo of a sign I saw at a brickpit the other day. Hope it cheers you up, mate.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 10 Dscn0711

The office girl obviously had some spare time on her hands....

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Aug 2014, 11:54 am

oh ffs

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Aug 2014, 11:55 am

Hate snakes. just had a shiver thinking of the barstards

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 28 Aug 2014, 11:56 am

How do you leave a spare room for this long?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-28949601

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Aug 2014, 12:02 pm

Mate is a builder in Oz. He gets the Abo's to catch / kill the snakes.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 28 Aug 2014, 12:04 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Hate snakes. just had a shiver thinking of the barstards

I had a shiver when I walked back to my car too.
I didn't notice the sign on the way in. As soon as I saw it (on the way out) it kind of made a lot of sense. There's a dam to the right of that levee... snakes love sunning themselves in places like that. It's just starting to warm up here after lots of rain recently.

Rick, that spare bed is truly disturbing. Granny used to make those patterned bed covers. I'm glad that wasn't damaged.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Aug 2014, 12:05 pm

Funny people in St Croos. Lovely place though. Monestry there

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 28 Aug 2014, 12:12 pm

TLD wrote:Rick, that spare bed is truly disturbing. Granny used to make those patterned bed covers. I'm glad that wasn't damaged.

I am not sure i would want it back

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 28 Aug 2014, 12:18 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
TLD wrote:Rick, that spare bed is truly disturbing. Granny used to make those patterned bed covers. I'm glad that wasn't damaged.

I am not sure i would want it back

Maybe they could give it to the cat for bedding material. Galted will probably advise if that's a sensible option.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 28 Aug 2014, 12:35 pm

I had a turkey kofta with new potatoes, pretty nice but a little insipid...

TLD wrote:Maybe they could give it to the cat for bedding material. Galted will probably advise if that's a sensible option.

In between calling it a little C*&t

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 28 Aug 2014, 1:52 pm

Just ate a packet of Fruit Salad and Blackjack mix. Feel sick.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next