The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+10
ShahenshahG
Galted
Mind the windows Tino.
Union Cane
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
superflyweight
kingraf
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
14 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 18 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Rowley Tue 01 Jul 2014, 10:26 am

First topic message reminder :

May be an age thing, but is Sean seriously saying he talks to people with his testicles out to see how long they take to notice? And that doing so is a laugh?

Never thought I would say this, but bring back National Service if so.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 18 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 14 Jul 2014, 10:28 am

Rowley wrote:You can't take up knitting and assume it is alright as long as you call it action knitting.

Oh.
Damn.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 18 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 14 Jul 2014, 10:29 am

Rowley wrote:Cheers Tina, suspect we need the discussion even more now. The addition of the word action in front of something does not cease to make it effeminate. You can't take up knitting and assume it is alright as long as you call it action knitting.

Precisely.

I am pretty close to calling an EGM of the board to discuss Raf's campness. Problem is, we are missing michaels, super and Galted so the seat of power is a bit thin.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 14 Jul 2014, 10:31 am

I just very quickly googled Action Netball.

It is sponsored by netmums...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 14 Jul 2014, 10:32 am

Is campness not allowed?

Yay!
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 14 Jul 2014, 10:34 am

Union Cane wrote:Is campness not allowed?

Yay!

Campness is tolerated. We let you hang around for starters.

What isn't tolerated, however, is trying to claim a sport is something it isn't just by prefixing it with something jazzy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 14 Jul 2014, 10:34 am

There is a difference between the two. For one, action netball has the court surrounded by a net. The same can't be said for regular netball. it's like futsal, but netball.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 14 Jul 2014, 10:36 am

(It's not getting any better for him, is it?)
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 14 Jul 2014, 10:37 am

I don't even play action it was a once-off thing. I play basketball in the winter, cricket in the summer and golf when I find left-handed sticks.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 14 Jul 2014, 10:37 am

kingraf wrote:There is a difference between the two. For one, action netball has the court surrounded by a net. The same can't be said for regular netball. it's like futsal, but netball.

A net? What, so people get a soft landing it they happen to bump into it?
I'm off for a game of f*khard shuffleboard. The play area is surrounded by cushions.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 14 Jul 2014, 10:39 am

bog off Julius
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 14 Jul 2014, 10:50 am

Remember playing indoor football in the gym where they had no nets around the perimeter but these horribly coarse brick walls. I always used to grate my elbows on them. It was either there or outside on the asphalt with about 5 other games going on simultaneously. The ovals were a few km away.

The good thing about playing indoors was we had two double doors at each end of the hall for the goals. The PE teacher (complete sadist) once came through the doors (from the inside) just as I blasted a shot from close range. Nearly took half his face off... the precision blow certainly rattled his moustache. (it was late 70s) The bastard gave me a detention for it though.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 14 Jul 2014, 10:53 am

Or maybe early 80s, Julius.  Smile  Think "Ashes to Ashes" was No.1 that week.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 14 Jul 2014, 10:57 am

I never did sit in detention. Went to one of those schools where the star students get star treatment.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 14 Jul 2014, 11:04 am

Raf wrote:ent to one of those schools where the star students get star treatment.

michaels went to one of those...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 14 Jul 2014, 11:08 am

We had another sadist running detention. He used to beat the crap out of some kids.

Was chatting with an Irish builder today... sharing violent stories of clashes with teachers. I think he won. They used to punch each other in the face, break jaws, loosen teeth, etc. Although my school was comparatively "old fashioned" if we had hit back it would have made front page news. These days the kids are expected to slap the odd teacher - who basically have no power and have to cop it sweet... often cowering in a corner as the other kids make videos of it.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 14 Jul 2014, 11:11 am

Difference Rick, is that our fangirls were actually fangirls, and not the lads at hostel 9.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 14 Jul 2014, 11:15 am

Went to a similar school LB, I'll never forget running into the Engineering teacher's class to tell him the school was on fire, and he was more concerned with the fact that I had no permission to be out of class... Got a hiding for my efforts
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 14 Jul 2014, 11:17 am

I used to catch the train with Nicole Kidman. Total snob. We'd get out at a particular station and play this really violent version of British Bulldog - tackles allowed and you'd get thumped as soon as you were caught. Can still see her shocked face as the train pulled out of Wollstonecraft.
Have a feeling she (or one of her mates) dobbed us in. Was fun while it lasted. I can still feel the adrenalin whenever I go by there now.

The green bit across the tracks from the 2 palm trees.
https://www.google.com/maps/@-33.8323378,151.1919537,80m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 14 Jul 2014, 12:56 pm

Sesame seed coated salmon with new potatoes...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:05 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Sesame seed coated salmon with new potatoes...

I also had fish. I had mackerel with a nice pasta salad.

Finished off with a f*cking great slab of mars bar cake.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:05 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Sesame seed coated salmon with new potatoes...

You've changed Rick. You spend a few days on here with the southerners and now look at what you have for lunch. I expect better from you.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:09 pm

Jeff wrote:You've changed Rick. You spend a few days on here with the southerners and now look at what you have for lunch. I expect better from you.

Not much option in the old Canteen today Jeff...

Ill be back on the dripping sandwiches tomorrow, don't you worry...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:10 pm

Tino wrote:nice pasta salad.

Are you sure this wasnt pasta, with a medley of seasonal leaves, infused with a balsamic sauce?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:14 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:nice pasta salad.

Are you sure this wasnt pasta, with a medley of seasonal leaves, infused with a balsamic sauce?

Nope, definitely just pasta salad. The chef had put sultanas in it though. What's all that about?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:16 pm

Tino wrote:The chef had put sultanas in it though. What's all that about?

He probably had his raisins for doing so...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:17 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:The chef had put sultanas in it though. What's all that about?

He probably had his raisins for doing so...

Can you not make your puns a bit more currant?

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:18 pm

Tino wrote:Can you not make your puns a bit more current?

I put a grape deal of effort into my puns.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:19 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:Can you not make your puns a bit more current?

I put a grape deal of effort into my puns.

Alright, no need to wine on.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:21 pm

Tino wrote:Alright, no need to wine on.

I don't vine! Plus I think I may be out of grape related puns.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:22 pm

These puns are coming too fast. Please go a little shloer.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:44 pm

Toasted egg & bacon sandwich, fruit juice, and one of those chunky peach yoghurts with active bacteria.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:49 pm

kingraf wrote:Toasted egg & bacon sandwich,  fruit juice, and one of those chunky peach yoghurts with active bacteria.

Do you mean 'Action bacteria' - the bacteria for men?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:50 pm

How do you toast an egg?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:51 pm

Jules wrote:Do you mean 'Action bacteria' - the bacteria for men?

Only if the bacteria is surrounded by a net.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 14 Jul 2014, 1:54 pm

Union Cane wrote:How do you toast an egg?

You raise your glasses and say "To the egg!"

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 14 Jul 2014, 2:15 pm

Cane - You make Sunnyside eggs, then you put it between two slices of bread, and toast the sandwich.

I've been told the correct term for active bacteria, is probiotics. I prefer active bacteria
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 14 Jul 2014, 3:00 pm

raf wrote:You make Sunnyside eggs, then you put it between two slices of bread, and toast the sandwich.

Thats does sound pretty tasty, wonder what it would be like in a toastie (done in a toastie maker) or is that what you mean raf?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 14 Jul 2014, 3:14 pm

Either/or Rick. The canteen doesn't have a toastie, but I've done it with a toastie, and It's lovely.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 14 Jul 2014, 3:18 pm

May give that a shot mate, I do enjoy a bit of egg...

You ever do that thing whereby you get a yorkshire pudding/muffin tray.  Grease with butter, put a circle of bread at the bottom, bacon around the edge, then crack an egg in the middle and cook in the oven for around 15 mins?

Belter of a breakfast that bad boy

food:

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 14 Jul 2014, 3:23 pm

Can't say I have... Sounds fantastic, though, real cholesterol bumper. Might give it a go this weekend.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 14 Jul 2014, 3:25 pm

What temp do you cook them at, Dagger? They look reet f*cking tasty.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 14 Jul 2014, 3:28 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:What temp do you cook them at, Dagger?  They look reet f*cking tasty.

FFS, we've gone all Delia Smith. Millipedes anyone?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 14 Jul 2014, 3:28 pm

They are pretty good, i normally do em about 150 fan. No hassle either

If you google, bacon,egg, bread muffins you should be reet

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 14 Jul 2014, 3:28 pm

They look right alright them, I also enjoy that pizza with the egg in the middle.

Spoiler:
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 14 Jul 2014, 3:28 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Millipedes anyone?

Here.

What do you want to know?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 14 Jul 2014, 3:29 pm

rick_dagless wrote:They are pretty good, i normally do em about 150 fan.  No hassle either

If you google, bacon,egg, bread muffins you should be reet

Good man. That is Sunday's breakfast sorted.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 14 Jul 2014, 3:32 pm

Union Cane wrote:They look right alright them, I also enjoy that pizza with the egg in the middle.

Spoiler:

They look good but is that really wise in your condition?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 14 Jul 2014, 3:33 pm

Being camp is a state of mind, not a condition.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 14 Jul 2014, 3:36 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Millipedes anyone?

Here.

What do you want to know?

Are they better toasted or grilled?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 14 Jul 2014, 3:36 pm

I may have to quit the culture cup. Cooking and action netball. This is not what I signed up for.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next