The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

+21
Diggers
sportform
The Special Juan
owen10ozzy
SirJohnnyEnglish
Kurt N. Jurqa
Fernando
Ent
Alistair
Scrumpy
Stella
Hammersmith harrier
compelling and rich
Liam
skyeman
Dolphin Ziggler
GSC
NickisBHAFC
Duty281
Good Golly I'm Olly
mystiroakey
25 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by mystiroakey Thu 05 Jun 2014, 12:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Thats my Team GSC

I would be inclined to play Barkley instead of Ox if he isn't fit over sterling tbh. Both strong- both run at the opposition. Sterling does off course do this but isn't quite as physically imposing- all 3 have great feet but the former two are just stronger. Sterling is the better overall player though and perhaps would be the best option v costa rica and italy but against uruguay at the least I would rather have strength in the shape of ox or barkley.

I am surprised hearing many others saying wilshire had no impact. I thought it was his best game for yonks. Nothing spectacular but he played the way CM's should play- bright , alert, took the odd player on, was forward passing on the whole. Ok he got taken down a few too many times- but 70% of the time it results in retaining possession in a free kick.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by skyeman Thu 05 Jun 2014, 10:55 pm

Gees, no need for that.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England's Journey to Brazil 2014* Thread

Post by compelling and rich Thu 05 Jun 2014, 10:57 pm

just watched it again duty he definitely pushes him away by the throat when sterling is facing him then walks away

united >  liverpool boxing 

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 05 Jun 2014, 10:58 pm

Don't go winding up the nutjobs duty
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 05 Jun 2014, 10:58 pm

Well evidently you don't "know exactly what happened" as you're spinning off an incorrect version of events.

And I'm not "defending England blindly", I'm defending Raheem Sterling, after using two eyes, even though I have no loyalty to him whatsoever, which makes me a neutral.

And you can support Italy and Uruguay as much as you like, I really wouldn't be concerned.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 05 Jun 2014, 10:58 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Why are you saying that HH?

You can still back England mate. It's our team. Can't we forget club rivalries for a month!!!

Fans like Duty make me want to see us fail and I don't like Hodgson, he's subtly picked the squad that the media wanted but used our finest servant as a pawn in the shallow attempts at picking a progressive team.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 05 Jun 2014, 10:59 pm

Just watched it again, Marlon King does the both of them
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 05 Jun 2014, 10:59 pm

i struggle to support the scouser who plays for us let alone the others  Whistle 

im only messing i'll support them...... for a while untill they play rubbish and turn on them like there criminals like a proper englishman

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 05 Jun 2014, 11:00 pm

compelling and rich wrote:just watched it again duty he definitely pushes him away by the throat when sterling is facing him then walks away

united >  liverpool boxing 

Rewind the tape a bit, to where Valencia gets up off the floor and rushes over to Sterling from behind, grabbing him by the back of the neck/throat.

Really, it's not difficult to see that.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 05 Jun 2014, 11:00 pm

Duty281 wrote:Well evidently you don't "know exactly what happened" as you're spinning off an incorrect version of events.

And I'm not "defending England blindly", I'm defending Raheem Sterling, after using two eyes, even though I have no loyalty to him whatsoever, which makes me a neutral.

And you can support Italy and Uruguay as much as you like, I really wouldn't be concerned.

when it comes to england your anything but neutral

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 05 Jun 2014, 11:01 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:

You can still back England mate. It's our team. Can't we forget club rivalries for a month!!!

Fans like Duty make me want to see us fail and I don't like Hodgson, he's subtly picked the squad that the media wanted but used our finest servant as a pawn in the shallow attempts at picking a progressive team.

I'm flattered that you care about my opinion so much.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 05 Jun 2014, 11:03 pm

compelling and rich wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Well evidently you don't "know exactly what happened" as you're spinning off an incorrect version of events.

when it comes to england your anything but neutral

This is about Raheem Sterling, not the English football team as a whole.

I thought Wilshere's reaction was rather poor, also, he needs to grow up a bit - will that do?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 05 Jun 2014, 11:08 pm

well something we agree on, wilshere is a kn@b

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 05 Jun 2014, 11:12 pm

I like Wilshire.

Passionate lad. Just getting his fitness back. Most footballers are knobheads

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 05 Jun 2014, 11:14 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:

Come kick off you will be right behind the lads.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 05 Jun 2014, 11:14 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:You're an actual moron Duty, so blinded you can't even see things for what they are, just blindly defend dear old England like a child.

This.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 05 Jun 2014, 11:15 pm

mysti "i love palace but talk more about arsenal all the time" roakey likes wilshere news shocker!!  Whistle 

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 05 Jun 2014, 11:16 pm

mystiroakey wrote:I like Wilshire.

Passionate lad. Just getting his fitness back. Most footballers are knobheads

I like Whilshere don't get me wrong nothing against him what so ever. But im not sure what manager said it, but there are 100 players like him in Spain. He is nothing special.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 05 Jun 2014, 11:19 pm

compelling and rich wrote:mysti "i love palace but talk more about arsenal all the time" roakey likes wilshere news shocker!!  Whistle 

Lol. Come on mate.. It got to the point where I was almost banned for talking up zaha , pulis and palace. I needed to talk about something else.

Arsenal are my no.3 yes.

Behind palace and England..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 05 Jun 2014, 11:44 pm

Hahaha HH thats so pathetic. One fan stops you wanting England to win and you don't like Hodgson. He's picked almost the exact squad he had to pick because of such a small amount of alternatives and quite clearly isnt a man to listen to the media. I would imagine Hodgson cares far less for the media after his stint at Liverpool.

As for Valencia being scared of Sterling? Thats a joke right? This isnt Di Canio scaring Winterburn, thats Valencia having his pop, an overly aggressive push then walking away livid. Players generally are cool headed enough not to fight, just to have a bit of a pop.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 06 Jun 2014, 12:07 am

No I said Valencia acted like a coward, which he did.

You know, like the sort of kid that would give it plenty of mouth at school, before crying to the teacher.

And if someone can point me to where I'm blindly defending England, I'd be most grateful. In case it had slipped anyone's attention, I said England's defence on Wednesday were shocking, and their final ball was poor.

Not sure how that works out as blindly defending England.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 06 Jun 2014, 12:14 am

mystiroakey wrote:
compelling and rich wrote:mysti "i love palace but talk more about arsenal all the time" roakey likes wilshere news shocker!!  Whistle 

Lol. Come on mate.. It got to the point where I was almost banned for talking up zaha , pulis and palace. I needed to talk about something else.

Arsenal are my no.3 yes.

Behind palace and England..

Snappity-snap, Mysti, Arsenal are my third team as well!  thumbsup  

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 06 Jun 2014, 12:21 am

A coward? Come off it Duty, that would be like saying every time a footballer has an argument and doesnt punch someone in the face they are scared of a fight. He'd clearly made his point, he in fact seemed completely unbothered by Sterling turning around, turning his back to him basically said "I dont care about you"

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri 06 Jun 2014, 10:23 am

What’s Scholes going on about?

Of course he is a great judge of when a player is past his best, he hung up his international boots only to go on and play his best football of his career only to hang up his club boots and then decide to come back again!

Ginger Slacker, leave Rooney alone!

Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 06 Jun 2014, 10:24 am

There is so much slime and hate and grief in that poor lad scholes. Best not to listen to the suicide kid.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 06 Jun 2014, 10:58 am

Can't have an opinion these days

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 06 Jun 2014, 11:55 am

I cant even hear the words he mumbles , he always seems so negative and allways has been. He could be making the best points and most insightful opinions possible- but its the way he expresses himself. It just goes over my head.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri 06 Jun 2014, 11:58 am

I gave up on him when he gave up on his Country.

Whatever he has to say about International football or Footballers is irrelevant.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 06 Jun 2014, 12:02 pm

Scrumpy wrote:I gave up on him when he gave up on his Country.

Whatever he has to say about International football or Footballers is irrelevant.

Fair play. I was the same. I felt sorry for him for a bit after it came out that he admitted it was wrong to give up on england. But I just have to switch of the telly when he is on. He does my noggin in.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 06 Jun 2014, 12:24 pm

Arguably the most talented English midfielder of his generation, dismissed because he made a personal choice that insulted no one.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 06 Jun 2014, 12:26 pm

He had a paddy and ran away from his responsibilities Dolph- its simple as that. It wasn't a personal choice to see more of his family. Footballers see there family more than most anyway- Its a nonsense excuse

He also did the same on occasion at Man United (not warming up for reserve games like tevez) , its just that Fergie at the time kept it out of the media.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jun 2014, 12:27 pm

What's he said? Wilshere's not developed, hasn't improved & is injury prone - Spot on. Rooney has possibly past his peak & will retire when he's 32 or 33. Pretty much spot on, you can see the decline in Rooney already. He's not a natural trainer & doesn't have the physique of a Giggs or Ronaldo. Again, I tend to agree with Scholes. What else has he said, which offends you or you disagree on? I don't really care about Scholes or his past with England, that's gone, all I can judge him on now is what he's saying. So far, from what I've heard, it's pretty much the truth.

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 06 Jun 2014, 12:30 pm

scholes is simply expressing a opinion and one i agree with. agree with dolph fantastic player that bitter people have a go at simply because he retired early for england.

he's not the only one finally seeing the light with rooney:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27719073

been saying it for ages, but look at the everton clip. had that all season and why i keep saying he shouldnt be playing the 10 role

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 06 Jun 2014, 12:35 pm

Scholes opinion on Whlshere was 100% spot on. Whilshere should take advice and ask Scholes for some extra help, could learn an awful lot from the best center mid to ever play in the Prem.

However slightly harsh on Rooney IMO, everyone needs to back off Rooney, give the lad a break and maybe he might deliver.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 06 Jun 2014, 12:38 pm

We have been talking about it for ages, there is no one just seeing the light. Its a really tough decision.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 06 Jun 2014, 12:40 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Scholes opinion on Whlshere was 100% spot on. Whilshere should take advice and ask Scholes for some extra help, could learn an awful lot from the best center mid to ever play in the Prem.

However slightly harsh on Rooney IMO, everyone needs to back off Rooney, give the lad a break and maybe he might deliver.

scholes should contact the FA and try and become an england coach or the other way round... he was the best English player in the Pl over the last 10 years and yes he could offer a lot (not the best england player internationally obviously)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri 06 Jun 2014, 12:46 pm

Scholes wouldn't say a word when he was a player to the media now he perks up on the eve of the world cup.

I wonder why?

In the old days he would have been called a Shirker.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Fri 06 Jun 2014, 12:52 pm

Scrumpy wrote:Scholes wouldn't say a word when he was a player to the media now he perks up on the eve of the world cup.

I wonder why?

In the old days he would have been called a Shirker.

This

Why do we always have negative opinions from ex players just before major tournaments.

It helps no one.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 06 Jun 2014, 1:23 pm

rooneys been declining for while yet is a certain starting spot no matter how poorly he plays. scholes suggests the opinion that he's not undroppable and this wouldnt help the england team if we did? disagree it would help england or at least give rooney the rocket up his ar$e he needs to prove him wrong

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 06 Jun 2014, 1:25 pm

Scholes appears to be saying a few controversial things to try to kick start a media career

Unfortunately he has the personality of a potato
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 06 Jun 2014, 1:35 pm

Olly wrote:Scholes appears to be saying a few controversial things to try to kick start a media career

^ This

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 06 Jun 2014, 1:52 pm

Olly wrote:Scholes appears to be saying a few controversial things to try to kick start a media career

really dont think it is, scholes hasnt got the personality just to say things to get media attention, he doesnt like the media attention. he's given his views and more often than not been right, he's not fussed if he ruffles a few ego driven feathers along the way

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 06 Jun 2014, 1:57 pm

Erm he has appeared as a pundit on games recently- You dont do that by chance- you seek out the opportunity or be offered it and accept it and you do it for money. Its his only job these days.

he should however become a coach- You dont necessarily need a personality to do that as players would respect him for what he is and was- and that was a great midfielder.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 06 Jun 2014, 1:59 pm

you think a player like scholes wont be offered loads of media opportunitys and that he has to seek them out!?  picard 

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri 06 Jun 2014, 2:06 pm

He'll never make it as a coach.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 06 Jun 2014, 2:15 pm

No compelling I didn't say that. Re read the post  thumbsup

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Fri 06 Jun 2014, 2:18 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Arguably the most talented English midfielder of his generation, dismissed because he made a personal choice that insulted no one.

You don't see Shearer getting lynched.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Fri 06 Jun 2014, 2:54 pm

What did Shearer do?
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 06 Jun 2014, 3:40 pm

You dont know why he didnt want to play for England. He regretted it, which is good to admit and he has no need to be honest, but he didnt turn down national service and leave soldiers to die. He wasnt enjoying international football and chose not to play. Football fans are so pathetically sensitive sometimes.

Importantly, Scholes is generally on the money. He doesnt say it to be controversial, he offers an open opinion. As for no personality, well done on being completely thick. Maybe he doesnt want to offer himself open page to the media? Maybe he is just quiet and measured...not a personality though because to have a personality you have to jump about like Ian Wright.

He wasnt even particularly rude to Rooney, he suggested he has a certain type of physique and style that might lead to an earlier retirement. He said Wilshere hadn't really come on from his burst onto the scene, pretty fair too.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Fri 06 Jun 2014, 3:46 pm

But it still, {even if correct} will not help the team. It will not make players try to prove it wrong. The desire is there anyway.

Just more negativity, which imo is not helpful.

If after two defeats, then fair enough.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 06 Jun 2014, 3:56 pm

"not a personality though because to have a personality you have to jump about like Ian Wright. "

No you just need a personality to have a personality. Its self explanatory

The problem I have with scholes is the way he expresses himself- which is probably my own failings. If one of my friends spoke in that way , I would take them to a shrink. He doesn't sound well or happy- Ever!!

Anyway. the major issue with scholes that has come to light recently as he has just popped in to the media- he has had the odd pundit job and he has started a possible career move towards the media .

Its the fact he is negative about everything. What he says may be right, but never something we dont know. Its not insightful. But what it allways is is negative. After a game of football or commenting on a team you as the person being interviewed or addressed can talk about various things. You can talk about the positives, many pundits do that to much of course, others like Keane perhaps talks about the negatives to much(this is also what scholes seems to be doing)

Ok not everyone is Gary Neville-0 who hits the nail on the head with not just insightful comments but also discusses the whole picture- negatives and positives.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next