The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+8
Rowley
Pal Joey
Union Cane
Galted
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
seanmichaels
kingraf
12 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 20 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Wed 21 May 2014, 2:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:How's Kim? There was a girl in our meeting who was a bit roomy but had a decent face. Would definitley make love to it given half the chance. I imagine Kim would be like her.

Reason for editing : too many hers, but not to correct 'definitley'

Just bog off
 clap clap clap notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh 
That nearly made me ROFLMAO...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 20 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Tue 10 Jun 2014, 11:27 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Rowley wrote:Sean has a similar relationship to the quote function as I do with the writings of Umberto Eco, we both seemed doomed never to understand or master it but persist in trying.

Is that the Umberto Eco?  Born on the 5th January 1932?  The Italian semiotician, essayist, philosopher, literary critic, and novelist, best known for his groundbreaking 1980 historical mystery novel Il nome della rosa?

I love his stuff.

No, not that Umberto Eco. The other one.

Oh right, I don't know him then.

I don't know either of them, if it makes you feel better.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 20 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Rowley Tue 10 Jun 2014, 11:30 am

Superfly, as our resident pseudo intellectual will know exactly who he is.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Jun 2014, 11:34 am

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Jun 2014, 11:37 am

Winter is coming.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 10 Jun 2014, 11:52 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Winter is coming.

For LB and myself, it's here.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Jun 2014, 11:58 am

kingraf wrote:

For Tino, it's not really coming, it's just an attempt to appear intellectual.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 10 Jun 2014, 12:03 pm

Winter never comes for Tina, as soon as there is a chance he disappears to his holiday home next door to Wlad.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 10 Jun 2014, 12:06 pm

Rowley wrote:Winter never comes for Tina, as soon as there is a chance he disappears to his holiday home next door to Wlad.

I've heard Wlad has tried to get him evicted, but Tina keeps claiming Squatter's rights
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Tue 10 Jun 2014, 12:07 pm

Rowley wrote:Winter never comes for Tina.

Winter. Is that his wife's name?

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 10 Jun 2014, 12:24 pm

kingraf wrote:

Yes... another long 9 weeks of it. All my jumpers are still packed away like they have been since 1999.

sean, what's my real name? (think of a 1957 musical... Jules will know it)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 10 Jun 2014, 12:25 pm

Linebreaker wrote:
kingraf wrote:

Yes... another long 9 weeks of it. All my jumpers are still packed away like they have been since 1999.

lol out loud
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 10 Jun 2014, 12:27 pm

probably explains why I have a mild case of pneumonia...

raf, they've all peed off to lunch or having a quick sniff of the Underground.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Jun 2014, 12:36 pm

trottb wrote:
Rowley wrote:Winter never comes for Tina.

Winter. Is that his wife's name?

That's actually quite good.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Jun 2014, 12:37 pm

Linebreaker wrote:
kingraf wrote:

Is your real name West Side Story?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Jun 2014, 12:39 pm

Rowley wrote:Winter never comes for Tina, as soon as there is a chance he disappears to his holiday home next door to Wlad.

He isn't next door. We try to keep the poorer lot as far away as possible.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 10 Jun 2014, 12:43 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:
kingraf wrote:

West Side Story was 1961, can't believe you would make such a basic mistake Julius, very out of character.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 10 Jun 2014, 12:45 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:
kingraf wrote:

No, I'm not Glad Hand or Riff.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 10 Jun 2014, 12:52 pm

Henry?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Jun 2014, 1:02 pm

Linebreaker wrote:
kingraf wrote:

Sorry mate Knew I'd missed someone,

Conrad, Mitch or Payton I'd expect?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 10 Jun 2014, 1:05 pm

I'll take Payton.  Very Happy 
(fairly close to my real abbreviated name... 4 out of 6... but in a different order)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Jun 2014, 1:05 pm

Rowley wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:
kingraf wrote:

West Side Story was 1961, can't believe you would make such a basic mistake Julius, very out of character.

You're thinking of the film Jeff. The original Broadway run was 1957.
Always happy to educate the young.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Jun 2014, 1:06 pm

Is there a musical called Tony?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Jun 2014, 1:07 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:
kingraf wrote:

You're thinking of the film Jeff. The original Broadway run was 1957.
Always happy to educate the young.

That will hurt him.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 10 Jun 2014, 1:09 pm

Sorry Jules.
I meant the 1957 (musical) film not the Broadway musical of a much earlier year.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 10 Jun 2014, 1:12 pm

Linebreaker wrote:Sorry Jules.
I meant the 1957 (musical) film not the Broadway musical of a much earlier year.

Obviously.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Jun 2014, 1:13 pm

Is your name Tommy Steele?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 10 Jun 2014, 1:15 pm

Jailhouse Rock was released in 1957, if Linebreaker is really called Elvis that would be the all time highlight of the culture cup for me.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Jun 2014, 1:15 pm

Rowley wrote:

Obviously.

It may seem that way to you Jeff, but to a man of culture such as myself, the natural inclination is to look to the theatre, not the picture-house.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 10 Jun 2014, 1:17 pm

Lovely use of the term picture house Jules, sure fire way to put the old age gags to bed once and for all.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 10 Jun 2014, 1:19 pm

is it not Henry then LB?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 10 Jun 2014, 1:21 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Is your name Tommy Steele?

Maybe.

No, not Henry, Rick. That's my cousin's name.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Jun 2014, 1:24 pm

My arris crack is ripe for stink palming someone..........

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 10 Jun 2014, 1:26 pm

seanmichaels wrote:My arris crack is ripe for stink palming someone..........

lol, sms.... split my scrotum

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 10 Jun 2014, 1:37 pm

Lemon and Corriander Turkey Escalope with Sweet Soy Noodles...

Dry and insipid...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Jun 2014, 1:55 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Lemon and Corriander Turkey Escalope with Sweet Soy Noodles...

Dry and insipid...

Did you fillay the escalope yourself?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 10 Jun 2014, 1:57 pm

sean wrote:Did you fillay the escalope yourself?.

Nope, staff canteen, thought it would be refreshing and vibrant as did not fancy anything heavy in this weather.

I was very, very wrong, back to Monster Munch sarnies for the arvo...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Jun 2014, 1:59 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:Lemon and Corriander Turkey Escalope with Sweet Soy Noodles...

Dry and insipid...

Fillay? Yes, he did. Then he went to the ballay.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Jun 2014, 2:03 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Dry and insipid...

You obviously didn't watch the Beckham documentary last night.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Jun 2014, 2:05 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Dry and insipid...

No I didn't. Did they spell 'fillet' wrong on the sub-titles?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Jun 2014, 2:09 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Dry and insipid...

No I didn't. Did they spell 'fillet' wrong on the sub-titles?

How would you fillet a fish? Fill-it it or fillay it?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 10 Jun 2014, 2:13 pm

Julius seems very prickly today Sean, I suspect he is missing Galted.

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.forum?t=54277

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20