The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+8
Rowley
ShahenshahG
Mind the windows Tino.
Galted
seanmichaels
superflyweight
TopHat24/7
rIck_dAgless
12 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 19 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 02 Apr 2014, 11:56 am

First topic message reminder :

That was the 990 post...

Is it a fitting replacement for a pubic triangle?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 19 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by kingraf Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:19 am

That reminded me of this local one...

http://environ-mental-guy.tumblr.com/post/30987771989

God I hate Cape Town.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 19 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:21 am

Galted wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote: Whistle 

Spoiler:

Wouldn't get too excited, Tino.  The DM recently featured an article about a stand-off between a huge group of hippos and a huge group of crocodiles with the crocs eventually killing one of the hippos.  I think even kids who believe in the Easter bunny knew immediately that it was b0ll0cks.

I am not excited.

It has clearly been doctored anyway. The centipede in the main picture (1st one) has obviously been pulled a bit further out for dramatic effect. Unless, of course, they pushed it back in for the second picture, but why on earth would they do that?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:30 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:Won't shut up about the Beatles, it's funny because it's true.

It really is true.

Not quite.  Every once in a while the shut up about the Beatles for just long enough to complain that people don't feel sufficiently sorry for them about Hillsborough.

Shame.

Thanks, they error has now been amended.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:37 am

There is a stand up called Brandon Burns. Towards the end of one of his shows he spends about ten minutes slagging off Liverpool and its residents. Is very angry and painfully accurate. Worth looking up for on youtube for anyone who dislikes the place.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:37 am

That has to be intentional
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:40 am

I hate the scouse accent and I reckon other than Scotland it would be my least preferred place to live in the uk

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:43 am

seanmichaels wrote:I hate the scouse accent and I reckon other than Scotland it would  be my least preferred place to live in the uk

Laugh 

Let's hope you and I never meet. I have a slightly posher sounding scouse accent with some random Scottish in there that I have picked up from my arl man.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:50 am

I dont hate the scouse accent or Scottish excessively, however I also hope I never meet you Tina.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 11:52 am

Laugh 

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:40 pm

I'd quite like to meet you, Tino, but I'm a bit of a social outcast and would probably p1ss my trousers and start crying.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:44 pm

Galted wrote:I'd quite like to meet you, Tino, but I'm a bit of a social outcast and would probably p1ss my trousers and start crying.

Thanks Galted. I am a little socially awkward myself so we would probably just stare at each other for a few seconds and then run off in different directions.

Jeff can be very cruel sometimes.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:52 pm

Galted wrote:I'd quite like to meet you, Tino, but I'm a bit of a social outcast and would probably p1ss my trousers and start crying.

Thanks Galted.  I am a little socially awkward myself so we would probably just stare at each other for a few seconds and then run off in different directions.

Jeff is very cruel.

When I was at nursery school my grandparents discovered that friends of theirs had a grandkid at the same school so they brought him round unannounced.  I thought I was seeing things when he appeared at the door and did the only thing I could, make a run for it.  He was far quicker than me and had caught up to me in seconds so I was forced to spend the day playing with him (in a non sexually experimental way of course).  We ended up being friends for a while despite the fact we had the same first name and both shat it when only one of us was being bollocked,

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:56 pm

Galted wrote:

Thanks Galted.  I am a little socially awkward myself so we would probably just stare at each other for a few seconds and then run off in different directions.

Jeff is very cruel.

When I was at nursery school my grandparents discovered that friends of theirs had a grandkid at the same school so they brought him round unannounced.  I thought I was seeing things when he appeared at the door and did the only thing I could, make a run for it.  He was far quicker than me and had caught up to me in seconds so I was forced to spend the day playing with him (in a non sexually experimental way of course).  We ended up being friends for a while despite the fact we had the same first name and both shat it when only one of us was being bollocked,

That is a rather amusing, yet somewhat sad anecdote. I wonder if he ever thinks of you.

Is there some more to the story though as you have ended it with a comma rather than a full-stop?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Apr 2014, 12:57 pm

No. That's the end of the story, nothing at all to follow...

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:12 pm

Harissa, lemon and Turkey slider with salad... Bit greasy but palatable.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:14 pm

Tried a large chicken burrito from Wrap-It-Up (aubergines instead of salsa). Was quite nice, might have another sometime.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:17 pm

Not had a Burrito for a while, there is a Bar Burrito in Leeds but that's about it, need to indulge next time I am in the big smoke.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:24 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Not had a Burrito for a while, there is a Bar Burrito in Leeds but that's about it, need to indulge next time I am in the big smoke.

I had one about 3 years ago in Cambridge. I can't remember how good it was but I have no particularly bad memories of it so it must have been ok.

I had swan stuffed with truffles and served on the thighs of a naked virgin girl from Cuba.

The canteen really is improving these days.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:31 pm

I had swan stuffed with truffles and served on the thighs of a naked virgin girl from Cuba.

The canteen really is improving these days.

Would have been more believable if you'd said unicorn stuffed with mermaids' nipples.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:34 pm

Tino wrote:The canteen really is improving these days.

Subsidsed of course, using the tears of commoners as currency...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:35 pm

rick_dagless wrote:

Of course. It's not my fault that the poor are so stupid.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:36 pm

Cheese and coleslaw brown baguette with a handful of (I think) assorted flavour crisps. Brown baguette was terrific. Excellent texture. Bit pricey at £2.38 even with the free handful of crisps.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:37 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Cheese and coleslaw brown baguette with a handful of (I think) assorted flavour crisps. Brown baguette was terrific. Excellent texture. Bit pricey at £2.38 even with the free handful of crisps.

Where did you get the crisps from? Was someone in Waitrose just handing them out?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:39 pm

rick_dagless wrote:

Of course.  It's not my fault that the poor are so stupid.

Has top hat hacked your account?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:39 pm

Tino wrote:Of course. It's not my fault that the poor are so stupid.

Fair poinr tino...

Tino wrote:Where did you get the crisps from?

I think sean meant pocketfull of crisps that he snuck out...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:40 pm

I am not sure there is a company in the FTSE that could subsidise Toppy...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:42 pm

I ate an entire 225g bag of cheese Doritos on the ferry to Dublin. Cost just £1.20 from Sainsburys. There were 3 little boys watching me and I didn't give them any despite the fact I was close to vomiting about a third of the way through. Idiots.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:46 pm

Galted wrote:here were 3 little boys watching me and I didn't give them any despite the fact I was close to vomiting about a third of the way through. Idiots.

Why, when you got bored of them, did you not walk towards them with the open bag, and then carry on past and empty the contents in to the bin?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:48 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Galted wrote:here were 3 little boys watching me and I didn't give them any despite the fact I was close to vomiting about a third of the way through. Idiots.

Why, when you got bored of them, did you not walk towards them with the open bag, and then carry on past and empty the contents in to the bin?

The poor are renowned for their scavenging abilities.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:49 pm

Galted wrote:The poor are renowned for their scavenging abilities.

great fun to watch though

Pubes

Last edited by rick_dagless on Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:51 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to put "pubes" in this close to page split)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:50 pm

Had chicken & mushroom pizza, blueberry ice-cream, and half a litre of milk for lunch. I feel like taking a nap now....
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Apr 2014, 1:56 pm

kingraf wrote:Had chicken & mushroom pizza,  blueberry ice-cream, and half a litre of milk for lunch. I feel like taking a nap now....

What type of media group do you work for that you don't spend the afternoon in the pub?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:01 pm

I could give a convoluted response, but tbh - I work in the sports department, and as a result, am paid nearly £2k a month to produce one 30-second insert every day. If you watch ANN7 today, you'll realise the Moyes insert sounds very similar to the comments made on the Moyes thread. I can't for the life of me figure why.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:15 pm

Also,
pubs
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:23 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Cheese and coleslaw brown baguette with a handful of (I think) assorted flavour crisps. Brown baguette was terrific. Excellent texture. Bit pricey at £2.38 even with the free handful of crisps.

Where did you get the crisps from?  Was someone in Waitrose just handing them out?

It was from the canteen. They give out free crisps with sandwiches, roll, baguettes or paninis. They are usually stale and a mixture of cheese and onion and ready salted.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:26 pm

a bit like my women....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:38 pm

seanmichaels wrote:a bit like my women....

You can come round to our canteen if you like? Failing that, you can come round my house for a good feed. I hate to think of you wasting away with a terrible diet of alcohol and baguettes.

I was going to invite Galted around as well but I get the impression he doesn't like children and I can't guarantee that mine will behave themselves.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:41 pm

It's only if they're poor and/or ginger that I don't like them.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:42 pm

Galted wrote:It's only if they're poor and/or ginger that I don't like them.

None of them work, so they are all poor.

No gingers though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:45 pm

No gingers though.

That's a start. Are they fairly well fed? If they're likely to stare at me and drool whilst I eat I may be forced to kick them in the face like I recently had to do with 3 little boys on the ferry to Dublin. Caused a bit of tutting amongst the other passengers I can tell you.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:54 pm

Galted wrote:

No gingers though.

That's a start.  Are they fairly well fed?  If they're likely to stare at me and drool whilst I eat I may be forced to kick them in the face like I recently had to do with 3 little boys on the ferry to Dublin.  Caused a bit of tutting amongst the other passengers I can tell you.

They won't stare. Well one of them might, but he is a bit of a mong and gets confused by new things. If he asks to put his hands in your pockets and/or to try on your shoes, just walk away slowly and whatever you do, don't make any sudden movements.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:59 pm

Galted wrote:

No gingers though.

That's a start.  Are they fairly well fed?  If they're likely to stare at me and drool whilst I eat I may be forced to kick them in the face like I recently had to do with 3 little boys on the ferry to Dublin.  Caused a bit of tutting amongst the other passengers I can tell you.

They won't stare.  Well one of them might, but he is a bit of a mong and gets confused by new things.  If he asks to put his hands in your pockets and/or to try on your shoes, just walk away slowly and whatever you do, don't make any sudden movements.

Could I borrow one of the smaller kids for a weekend? I may have set my sights a bit high with the attack-cat training by using adults as targets.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 22 Apr 2014, 3:09 pm

Cats are useless. Tino's feral kids would absolutely duff your cat up
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Apr 2014, 4:19 pm

kingraf wrote:Cats are useless. Tino's feral kids would absolutely duff your cat up

Agree that the bigger Windows would be too much for her to handle.  The smaller ones, as a pack, would also be too much but I think that she'd be more than a match in a one on one.  As I've documented on here before she did cause me extensive facial bleeding with a particularly vicious left-right combination after we'd had a lengthy staring contest.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 22 Apr 2014, 4:31 pm

Your cat would almost certainly leave Tina a bloodied, shriveled mess. His offspring are another matter altogether. Long since surpassed him... I'd check the milkman. Or Daniel Craig.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 22 Apr 2014, 4:38 pm

kingraf wrote:Your cat would almost certainly leave Tina a bloodied, shriveled mess. His offspring are another matter altogether. Long since surpassed him... I'd check the milkman. Or Daniel Craig.

You're starting to scare me, kingraf.  Julius disappears as does Shah and you seem to imitate them effortlessly (far less angrily in the case of Shah).  Either you've imprisoned them or you're an alien that's destroyed them and taken over their characteristics (a bit too perfectly).  If it's the latter case I think that michaels might be a bridge too far for you.

Last edited by Galted on Tue 22 Apr 2014, 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left out a space)

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 22 Apr 2014, 4:49 pm

Nothing to worry about, Galted, I'm simply trying to pick up the slack. Tough work, imitating others writing styles, but absolutely necessary for the smooth flow of the Culture Cup. I can't wait for Geoffrey to go missing, been practising my ability to mention my loathing of Jeans 'n Jackets at the slightest provocation.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 23 Apr 2014, 5:10 am

Bright eyed and bushy-tailed. Hit the gym, had steak, chips and eggs for breakfast, and today is a split day. Plus I beat Galted again. Feeling good, feeling imperious.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 23 Apr 2014, 6:59 am

Rubbish on here today.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 23 Apr 2014, 7:16 am

Pubes

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next