The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The O'Classico- Leinster v Munster!

+28
Gibson
wolfball
Rory_Gallagher
geoff998rugby
Golden
pete (buachaill on eirne)
GoodinTightSpaces
asoreleftshoulder
san
Engine#4
LeinsterFan4life
PredictorofTeams
Feagh McHugh
Thomond
rodders
Scrumpy
kunu
thebandwagonsociety
ME-109
Jenifer McLadyboy
Notch
brennomac
Sin é
GunsGerms
SecretFly
MunsterMac
BlueMuff
Mickado
32 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The O'Classico- Leinster v Munster! - Page 2 Empty The O'Classico- Leinster v Munster!

Post by Mickado Tue 25 Mar 2014, 11:13 am

First topic message reminder :

LEINSTER

15. Rob Kearney
14. Fergus McFadden
13. Brian O'Driscoll
12. Gordon D'Arcy
11. Luke Fitzgerald
10. Ian Madigan
9. Eoin Reddan

1. Michael Bent
2. Richardt Strauss
3. Mike Ross
4. Devin Toner
5. Mike McCarthy
6. Kevin McLaughlin
7. Shane Jennings
8. Jamie Heaslip (c)

16. Sean Cronin
17. Jack O'Connell
18. Ed Byrne
19. Leo Cullen
20. Jordi Murphy
21. Isaac Boss
22. Jimmy Gopperth
23. Zane Kirchner

MUNSTER

15. Felix Jones
14. Keith Earls
13. Casey Laulala
12. Denis Hurley
11. Simon Zebo
10. Ian Keatley
9. Conor Murray

1. Dave Kilcoyne
2. Damien Varley
3. BJ Botha
4. Dave Foley
5. Paul O' Connell
6. Peter O'Mahony (c)
7. Tommy O'Donnell
8. James Coughlan

16. Duncan Casey
17. James Cronin
18. Alan Cotter
19. Donncha O'Callaghan
20. CJ Stander
21. Duncan Williams
22. JJ Hanrahan
23. Gerhard van den Heever

At Aviva Stadium, 7pm. Live on TG4

Referee: Alain Rolland
Assistant Referees: David Wilkinson, Michael Black (both IRFU)
Citing Commissioner: Peter Ferguson (IRFU)
TMO: Simon McDowell (IRFU)

Mickado

Back to top Go down

The O'Classico- Leinster v Munster! - Page 2 Empty Re: The O'Classico- Leinster v Munster!

Post by SecretFly Wed 26 Mar 2014, 1:33 pm

I'd suggest the first 15 or so penalties is warning plenty that you're probably annoying a ref in the areas he's awarding the penalties for.

No?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

The O'Classico- Leinster v Munster! - Page 2 Empty Re: The O'Classico- Leinster v Munster!

Post by GunsGerms Wed 26 Mar 2014, 1:34 pm

Declan Kidney could ref and Leinster should still win.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Wed 26 Mar 2014, 1:39 pm

GunsGerms wrote:Declan Kidney could ref and Leinster should still win.

Don't think anybody is disagreeing with you everything is stacked in leinsters favour for this one!

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 26 Mar 2014, 1:40 pm

Really? Leinster dont have Simon Zebo though. Surely he is going to set this game alight?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 26 Mar 2014, 1:45 pm

GunsGerms wrote:Really? Leinster dont have Simon Zebo though. Surely he is going to set this game alight?

Probably not...alá instructions from der Leader he will probably spend most of the game head down and arse in the air resourcing rucks....

Rolland....  Shocked reminds me of Alan Lewis when it comes to Munster (and Lewis was originally a Corkman - albeit a cricket playing one.  Whistle )

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 26 Mar 2014, 1:55 pm

The Indo's top three stories on their rugby page are all about Zebo.

There's some amount of hype around Munster this week eh?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 26 Mar 2014, 1:58 pm

ME-109 wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:Really? Leinster dont have Simon Zebo though. Surely he is going to set this game alight?

Probably not...alá instructions from der Leader he will probably spend most of the game head down and arse in the air resourcing rucks....

Rolland....  Shocked reminds me of Alan Lewis when it comes to Munster (and Lewis was originally a Corkman - albeit a cricket playing one.  Whistle )

Since when did Zebo ever do what he is told?

Jordan Coughlan is also a cricket playing Corkman.

Last edited by GunsGerms on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Wed 26 Mar 2014, 1:58 pm

Will both teams be fielding their 1st choice teams?
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 26 Mar 2014, 1:59 pm

Yes probably

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:00 pm

Might be worth watching then.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:02 pm

Mickado wrote:The Indo's top three stories on their rugby page are all about Zebo.

There's some amount of hype around Munster this week eh?

He's undergoing media re-fitting as our pre-installed BOD replacement. ZEEBOD will be his new official title when he scores the required International hat trick initiation rites.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:05 pm

"It's nothing to do with finding reasons. It's simply that Dave Kearney and Andrew Trimble have done such an incredible job to keep the jersey. They've made it tough for me."
-the Zeeman

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/try-celebrations-did-not-keep-me-out-of-schmidt-squad-zebo-30125437.html

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:14 pm

30 mins into the game and Zebo and Average Dave meet in a ruck (about the 15th they have both hit).

SZ - DK hows it going boy.
DK - great now.
SZ - Whats all this hitting rucks shiite all about.
DK - Its great...
SZ - Whats that now?
DK - Joe like his wingers to hit rucks and stuff like that. Its great, means you dont have to do things like score trys or have any ability to beat a man, you can leave all that stuff to the props...Cian has been beating me in all those areas all year....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:23 pm

ME-109 wrote:30 mins into the game and Zebo and Average Dave meet in a ruck (about the 15th they have both hit).

DK - great now.
DK - Its great...
SZ - Whats that now?
DK - Joe like his wingers to hit rucks and stuff like that. Its great, means you dont have to do things like score trys or have any ability to beat a man, you can leave all that stuff to the props...Cian has been beating me in all those areas all year....

Think everyone was wondering the same thing?? According to Zebo Schmidt has requested him specifically to work on his defense.

From the indo:

Zebo, who revealed that he spoke again to national coach Joe Schmidt late last month, confirmed that he had been told he needed to work on his defensive attributes as Ireland plotted their championship-winning campaign with a tight-knit squad.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:27 pm

Yea, Declan always had to treat the Leinster players extra nice as they liked to throw the toys out of the pram and stamp their little feet if he wasn't nice to them  Whistle 
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:29 pm

I know you lead a sheltered life Guns so just to give some more context from The Examiner this morning

"Zebo insisted he had a good relationship with Schmidt and was pleased the new Irish coach had made suggestions as to how he could improve his game.

That centred on a necessity to work hard at the breakdown, once viewed as the sole preserve of back-row forwards but no longer the case, thanks to Brian O’Driscoll and other great backs.

“I’d be the first to say I’d be inefficient there, sometimes not doing enough at the breakdown,” said Zebo.

“I’m not a Donncha O’Callaghan or a Paul O’Connell, in that I don’t hit as many rucks as they do. At the same time, when the ball does go wide, I need to be just as efficient as they are in securing ball.

“Turnovers out wide (according to Schmidt) would be the main thing; that would be one of the main goals. Going forward, I’d have no issues and I’d back myself every time. There are definitely little parts I can iron out so I can be a better player. "

Full article here
http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rugby/zebo-stresses-flash-image-not-an-issue-with-schmidt-263249.html

No need to thank me.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:29 pm

SZ - you're schittin' me??!  You mean no frills, no shimmying one way and the other?  No showboating?  No waiting on the fringes for the ball to come out to you?  No tea breaks as the forwards and centres get on with defensive work?  Is this Kiwi for real?
DK - Dougie thinks he is, yeah....
SZ - Our Dougie, the prospector?
DK - he says you might be learning a thing or two from him if you learn how to say "Yes sir"
SZ - I'm from Munster.  I call nobody Sir
DK - anyway, thanks for the chat.  I have the ball now, which you didn't protect because you don't know how to yet; and I'm passing it now to Madigan, who is going to make an arse of it, try to kick it, get it blocked down and Earls is going to do an O'Driscoll all the way to our line.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:30 pm

Daverage was not incredible in the 6ns he was average at best

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:30 pm

Sin é wrote:

Yea, Declan always had to treat the Leinster players extra nice as they liked to throw the toys out of the pram and stamp their little feet if he wasn't nice to them  Whistle 

Wow, that is not very self-aware!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:30 pm

Sin é wrote:

Zebo wants to play for Leinster, is that it? Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:31 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
ME-109 wrote:30 mins into the game and Zebo and Average Dave meet in a ruck (about the 15th they have both hit).

DK - great now.
DK - Its great...
SZ - Whats that now?

Think everyone was wondering the same thing?? According to Zebo Schmidt has requested him specifically to work on his defense.

From the indo:

Zebo, who revealed that he spoke again to national coach Joe Schmidt late last month, confirmed that he had been told he needed to work on his defensive attributes as Ireland plotted their championship-winning campaign with a tight-knit squad.

I hope he hasn't told him he needs to be as good a defender as Kearney Senior. That would be setting the bar very, very low.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:32 pm

ME-109 wrote:I know you lead a sheltered life Guns so just to give some more context from The Examiner this morning

"Zebo insisted he had a good relationship with Schmidt and was pleased the new Irish coach had made suggestions as to how he could improve his game.

That centred on a necessity to work hard at the breakdown, once viewed as the sole preserve of back-row forwards but no longer the case, thanks to Brian O’Driscoll and other great backs.

“I’d be the first to say I’d be inefficient there, sometimes not doing enough at the breakdown,” said Zebo.

“I’m not a Donncha O’Callaghan or a Paul O’Connell, in that I don’t hit as many rucks as they do. At the same time, when the ball does go wide, I need to be just as efficient as they are in securing ball.

“Turnovers out wide (according to Schmidt) would be the main thing; that would be one of the main goals. Going forward, I’d have no issues and I’d back myself every time. There are definitely little parts I can iron out so I can be a better player. "

Full article here
http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/rugby/zebo-stresses-flash-image-not-an-issue-with-schmidt-263249.html

No need to thank me.

Thanks Dod. I dont see any issue asking any player to turn over ball in defense. Do you? Most backs tries are scored on turnovers anyway arent they?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:33 pm

SecretFly wrote:SZ - you're schittin' me??!  You mean no frills, no shimmying one way and the other?  No showboating?  No waiting on the fringes for the ball to come out to you?  No tea breaks as the forwards and centres get on with defensive work?  Is this Kiwi for real?
DK - he says you might be learning a thing or two from him if you learn how to say "Yes sir"
DK - anyway, thanks for the chat.  I have the ball now, which you didn't protect because you don't know how to yet; and I'm passing it now to Madigan, who is going to make an arse of it, try to kick it, get it blocked down and Earls is going to do an O'Driscoll all the way to our line.

Nah...Madigan does a loop and passes to Healy/McGrath on the wing who slalom past four defenders but is just tackled short of the line and bundled into touch on the wing. DK couldnt keep up so they had no one to pass to...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:34 pm

The controversy over this is amazing to me. If you want to play a continuity based game you need 15 players who can secure the ball at the breakdown.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:34 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
ME-109 wrote:I know you lead a sheltered life Guns so just to give some more context from The Examiner this morning

Full article here

No need to thank me.

Thanks Dod. I dont see any issue asking any player to turn over ball in defense. Do you? Most backs tries are scored on turnovers anyway arent they?

Yeah...did you see Simons one a couple of weeks back...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:36 pm

No I didnt but great that he is working on the areas Schmidt has highlighted for him.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:40 pm

Lazy by holy Joe as Zebo has been excellent in defence all season while continuing to score tries for fun. He has also been superb under the high ball

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:40 pm

ME-109 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:SZ - you're schittin' me??!  You mean no frills, no shimmying one way and the other?  No showboating?  No waiting on the fringes for the ball to come out to you?  No tea breaks as the forwards and centres get on with defensive work?  Is this Kiwi for real?

Nah...Madigan does a loop and passes to Healy/McGrath on the wing who slalom past four defenders but is just tackled short of the line and bundled into touch on the wing. DK couldnt keep up so they had no one to pass to...

Nah...Healy is stopped dead in his tracks just before the line by a fired up ZeeTec, who keeps on his feet and forces the turnover.  He's learning quick!  
DK talks nicer than dogmatic Schmidt and gets more productivity out of the naughty lad ZeeBot.  "Thanks for the tips", says Zee as he pats a knackered DK on the back, "And I'll pay you back by teaching you how to run".

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:42 pm

BlueMuff wrote:Lazy by holy Joe as Zebo has been excellent in defence all season while continuing to score tries for fun. He has also been superb under the high ball

Not many people would accuse Joe Schmidt of being lazy.

Holy Joe? Do Munster folk have a name for everyone? Is there a list?

Average Dave
Holy Joe
J'amie

Who else?

What are Sexton and Darcy called?

Last edited by GunsGerms on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:45 pm

Its 'Daverage' not 'Average Dave'

While I think of it, J'amie was rapping on the radio the other day  Very Happy He is going to get into trouble with Holy Joe for being influenced by Zeboooooooo!

Is J'aime a late developer or something. Very much mutton dressed as lamp.

Last edited by Sin é on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:46 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
BlueMuff wrote:Lazy by holy Joe as Zebo has been excellent in defence all season while continuing to score tries for fun. He has also been superb under the high ball

Not many people would accuse Joe Schmidt of being lazy.

Holy Joe? Do Munster folk have a name for everyone? Is there a list?

Average Dave
Holy Joe
J'amie

Who else?

Collectively known as the ladies  Cool

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:47 pm

Sin é wrote:Its 'Daverage' not 'Average Dave'

While I think of it, J'amie was rapping on the radio the other day  Very Happy He is going to get into trouble with Holy Joe for being influenced by Zeboooooooo!

Saw that, embarassing. He is a bit of a spacer off the field but each to their own.

Why a late developer?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:48 pm

I have seen EOS been called Cooder and have no idea why...BM - Sin é any ideas?

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:48 pm

What are Darcy, Sexton and Healy known as?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:50 pm

BlueMuff wrote:Collectively known as the ladies  Cool

Sounds like you are into some wierd sh1t. Do they all have blue muffs too?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:51 pm

GunsGerms wrote:What are Darcy, Sexton and Healy known as?

The Wayward Sisters.....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:52 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
Sin é wrote:Its 'Daverage' not 'Average Dave'

Saw that, embarassing. He is a bit of a spacer off the field but each to their own.

Why a late developer?

The guy is 30 and he behaves like a 20 year old. I wouldn't mind if he could carry it off, but he can't.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:54 pm

ME-109 wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:What are Darcy, Sexton and Healy known as?

The Wayward Sisters.....

Surely you could come up with better?

How about Sextant because he cant get his angles right?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:54 pm

ME-109 wrote:I have seen EOS been called Cooder and have no idea why...BM - Sin é any ideas?

Cooder is a Simpsons character don't know what the link is though

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 26 Mar 2014, 2:56 pm

Sin é wrote:
The guy is 30 and he behaves like a 20 year old. I wouldn't mind if he could carry it off, but  he can't.

He does own a pub and a restaraunt, does lots of charity work and has a sucessful rugby career. Thats more responsible than most 30 year olds.

Nothing wrong with being a big kid every now and then. He is a bit of a spacer though like I say.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 26 Mar 2014, 3:02 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
Sin é wrote:
The guy is 30 and he behaves like a 20 year old. I wouldn't mind if he could carry it off, but  he can't.

He does own a pub and a restaraunt, does lots of charity work and has a sucessful rugby career. Thats more responsible than most 30 year olds.

Nothing wrong with being a big kid every now and then. He is a bit of a spacer though like I say.

He's having fun, what's the problem. As long as he wears his jersey with pride and honesty, nothing is impossible.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 26 Mar 2014, 3:03 pm

ME-109 wrote:I have seen EOS been called Cooder and have no idea why...BM - Sin é any ideas?

Cooder from the Simpsons. EOS's family also had a travelling amusement carnival!

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Cooder
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 26 Mar 2014, 3:06 pm

Sin é wrote:

Cooder from the Simpsons. EOS's family also had a travelling amusement carnival!

Small hands, smell of cabbage, confusing loquation... Makes a lot of sense that EOS is a carnie.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 26 Mar 2014, 3:07 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
Sin é wrote:

He part owns a pub and restaurant.
He did one trip for goal. I'd describe DOC as someone who does a lot of charity work, not J'Aime.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 26 Mar 2014, 3:08 pm

Mickado wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Small hands, smell of cabbage, confusing loquation... Makes a lot of sense that EOS is a carnie.

How do you reckon that is Mickado? Something similar in the whole of Tallaght no doubt?

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 26 Mar 2014, 3:23 pm

Sin é wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:
Sin é wrote:

He did one trip for goal. I'd describe DOC as someone who does a lot of charity work, not J'Aime.

He is holding a fund raiser for the ISPCC tonight Sin

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/jamie-heaslip-hosts-ispcc-fundraiser-at-his-restaurant-bear-30124892.html

Not many 30 year olds part own a pub.

Would you describe DOC as mutton in sheeps clothing too?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 26 Mar 2014, 3:32 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
Sin é wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:
Sin é wrote:

He is holding a fund raiser for the ISPCC tonight Sin

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/jamie-heaslip-hosts-ispcc-fundraiser-at-his-restaurant-bear-30124892.html

Not many 30 year olds part own a pub.

Would you describe DOC as mutton in sheeps clothing too?

Still couldn't hold a candle to what DOC does as a Unicef Ambassador.

Jerry Flannery fully owned his pub at 28. ROG & Mick O'Driscoll has had one for years. Gordon D'Arcy has part-owned The Exchequer for a couple of years now, so no, its not that unusual.

Its not really that unusual.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 26 Mar 2014, 3:33 pm

Laugh 

You lads are taking this to strange new depths...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 26 Mar 2014, 3:35 pm

Laugh 

Pub Owning!!!!!!!!!!!!  The Mark of a MAN!

I've never owned a pub, what does that make me?  

An Assshole, Fly....an assshole.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 26 Mar 2014, 3:39 pm

Sin é wrote:
Still couldn't hold a candle to what DOC does as a Unicef Ambassador.

Jerry Flannery fully owned his pub at 28. ROG & Mick O'Driscoll has had one for years. Gordon D'Arcy has part-owned The Exchequer for a couple of years now, so no, its not that unusual.

Its not really that unusual.

Jerry Flannery, ROG and MO'D must all be really mature. ROG probably isnt though.

In fairness Mick O'Driscoll does look like he is in his 40s and doesnt have the look to pull off rapping.

Darcy only has a small stake as a silent partner I think. Peter Rock (Dickie's son) and Ian Tucker are the owners as far as I know.

Last edited by GunsGerms on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next