The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The O'Classico- Leinster v Munster!

+28
Gibson
wolfball
Rory_Gallagher
geoff998rugby
Golden
pete (buachaill on eirne)
GoodinTightSpaces
asoreleftshoulder
san
Engine#4
LeinsterFan4life
PredictorofTeams
Feagh McHugh
Thomond
rodders
Scrumpy
kunu
thebandwagonsociety
ME-109
Jenifer McLadyboy
Notch
brennomac
Sin é
GunsGerms
SecretFly
MunsterMac
BlueMuff
Mickado
32 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The O'Classico- Leinster v Munster! - Page 6 Empty The O'Classico- Leinster v Munster!

Post by Mickado Tue 25 Mar - 11:13

First topic message reminder :

LEINSTER

15. Rob Kearney
14. Fergus McFadden
13. Brian O'Driscoll
12. Gordon D'Arcy
11. Luke Fitzgerald
10. Ian Madigan
9. Eoin Reddan

1. Michael Bent
2. Richardt Strauss
3. Mike Ross
4. Devin Toner
5. Mike McCarthy
6. Kevin McLaughlin
7. Shane Jennings
8. Jamie Heaslip (c)

16. Sean Cronin
17. Jack O'Connell
18. Ed Byrne
19. Leo Cullen
20. Jordi Murphy
21. Isaac Boss
22. Jimmy Gopperth
23. Zane Kirchner

MUNSTER

15. Felix Jones
14. Keith Earls
13. Casey Laulala
12. Denis Hurley
11. Simon Zebo
10. Ian Keatley
9. Conor Murray

1. Dave Kilcoyne
2. Damien Varley
3. BJ Botha
4. Dave Foley
5. Paul O' Connell
6. Peter O'Mahony (c)
7. Tommy O'Donnell
8. James Coughlan

16. Duncan Casey
17. James Cronin
18. Alan Cotter
19. Donncha O'Callaghan
20. CJ Stander
21. Duncan Williams
22. JJ Hanrahan
23. Gerhard van den Heever

At Aviva Stadium, 7pm. Live on TG4

Referee: Alain Rolland
Assistant Referees: David Wilkinson, Michael Black (both IRFU)
Citing Commissioner: Peter Ferguson (IRFU)
TMO: Simon McDowell (IRFU)

Mickado

Back to top Go down

The O'Classico- Leinster v Munster! - Page 6 Empty Re: The O'Classico- Leinster v Munster!

Post by GunsGerms Sat 29 Mar - 10:15

Trimble and Bowe are starters for me with Kearney, McFadden and anyone else good enough in reserve.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

The O'Classico- Leinster v Munster! - Page 6 Empty Re: The O'Classico- Leinster v Munster!

Post by geoff998rugby Sat 29 Mar - 10:46

If Schmidt had to pick the WC squad now, and everyone was fit, I don't think either Zebo or Kearney would make it

I think Bowe, Trimble and Earls are ahead of them in the pecking order and Schmidt also likes a utility winger - like McFadden - to complete the squad

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by PredictorofTeams Sat 29 Mar - 10:54

geoff998rugby wrote:If Schmidt had to pick the WC squad now, and everyone was fit, I don't think either Zebo or Kearney would make it

I think Bowe, Trimble and Earls are ahead of them in the pecking order and Schmidt also likes a utility winger - like McFadden - to complete the squad
Wouldn't be so sure Earls is ahead of Fitzgerald in the pecking order!Having talked to Leinster players during Schmidt's reign, I got the impression he rates Fitz very highly.

PredictorofTeams

Back to top Go down

Post by PredictorofTeams Sat 29 Mar - 11:19

Love for Zebo seems to be directly correlated to Kearney hate.
If we take Zebo's (flukey) flick against Wales out of the equation, he hasn't really done anything at int level.So basing them both on club level, there isn't a lot between them in terms of attack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD7LnCAjbbU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHjbRAijZFQ-Zebo could only dream of doing that.
On a side note, at u20 level, he was outshone by Andrew Conway in every facet of his game.

PredictorofTeams

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 29 Mar - 11:42

I get all the love for Dave from the blue rinsed brigade, but he's still just so average

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Sat 29 Mar - 13:00

PredictorofTeams wrote:
geoff998rugby wrote:If Schmidt had to pick the WC squad now, and everyone was fit, I don't think either Zebo or Kearney would make it

Wouldn't be so sure Earls is ahead of Fitzgerald in the pecking order!Having talked to Leinster players during Schmidt's reign, I got the impression he rates Fitz very highly.

Earls got a central contract whilst Schmidt was in charge.
Earls was the form winger in Ireland prior to his injury.

Fitzgerald is going head to head with McFadden for the utility spot I reckon
And with due respect players are not going to talk to any of us and say the coach doesn't rate a team mate - I would take such observations with a pinch of salt

Hell Rory Best told me he though Mike McCormish was a useful squad player - mind you he did have his pinkies crossed at the time  Very Happy

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 29 Mar - 13:05

I don't see what Earls has done at international level to suggest he is better than any of those wingers. Id have him ahead of McFadden thats it.

Schmidt won't have a back who can't pass in the team.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Sat 29 Mar - 13:08

Schmidt oked a central contract - what other wingers have central contract - Bowe, Trimble do
Zebo I don't know - no one else.

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 29 Mar - 13:13

There's a lot of players without central contracts who get picked. I'm not sure Earls is well rounded enough to really catch Schmidts eye.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 29 Mar - 13:18

Every player is paid by the IRFU. Having a Central contract doesn't mean you are definate starter or better than everyone else.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 29 Mar - 13:34

I'm watching Chiefs vs Bulls in Super Rugby. I don't understand why Van Den Heever would rather sit on the Munster bench for big games in a climate that doesn't suit him as well as opposed to be starting in big games like this.

Not a dig at Munster- whether or not their wingers are the best options for Ireland, they are definitely very classy players at this level. Just an odd career move.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 29 Mar - 13:37

RTE lose the rights to show Pro 12 rugby and more detail on Sky's deal.

http://www.irishtimes....-tv-rights-1.1740847

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat 29 Mar - 13:38

Notch wrote:I'm watching Chiefs vs Bulls in Super Rugby. I don't understand why Van Den Heever would rather sit on the Munster bench for big games in a climate that doesn't suit him as well as opposed to be starting in big games like this.

Not a dig at Munster- whether or not their wingers are the best options for Ireland, they are definitely very classy players at this level. Just an odd career move.

Ditto Stander.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 29 Mar - 13:45

LeinsterFan4life wrote:RTE lose the rights to show Pro 12 rugby and more detail on Sky's deal.

It's a shame that RTE are pulling out and TG4 are staying in. But good news that Sky can't have the same fixture home and away. At least half of all the really big box-office games will be free to air and there will be a good amount of free to air rugby on each weekend.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Sat 29 Mar - 13:50

LeinsterFan4life wrote:RTE lose the rights to show Pro 12 rugby and more detail on Sky's deal.

Link doesn't work

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 29 Mar - 13:51

Maybe RTE should cut some of the rediculous wages they give out to top presenters etc. to be able to afford keep the sports.

Sky are also believed to have signed a deal to start showing GAA games.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 29 Mar - 13:51

geoff998rugby wrote:

Link doesn't work

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/pro12/rt%C3%A9-still-in-mix-for-rugby-world-cup-tv-rights-1.1740847
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Sat 29 Mar - 13:51

Golden wrote:
Notch wrote:I'm watching Chiefs vs Bulls in Super Rugby. I don't understand why Van Den Heever would rather sit on the Munster bench for big games in a climate that doesn't suit him as well as opposed to be starting in big games like this.

Ditto Stander.

Money - makes me question their desire to play the game though

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 29 Mar - 14:41

Golden wrote:

Ditto Stander.

I dunno about VDH but Stander is certainly better than a lot of the options being selected ahead of him. Very strange.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sat 29 Mar - 15:05

LeinsterFan4life wrote:Every player is paid by the IRFU. Having a Central contract doesn't mean you are definate starter or better than everyone else.

Can you explain the logic of why you would pay someone an international wage rather than a provincial wage if you were not going to use this player to play in internationals?

edit: Has Daverage signed a new contract yet with Leinster/IRFU? If so, what is it?
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sat 29 Mar - 15:07

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
Golden wrote:

Ditto Stander.

I dunno about VDH but Stander is certainly better than a lot of the options being selected ahead of him.  Very strange.

He isn't better than POM or Coughlan (just yet).

Van den Heever was benching for Super Rugby (3 starts out of 11 last season). He had moved to the Stormers from the Bulls, so maybe the Bulls didn't want him.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 29 Mar - 15:54

Sin é wrote:Can you explain the logic of why you would pay someone an international wage rather than a provincial wage if you were not going to use this player to play in internationals?

Well you yourself are the one who's always saying that certain players get central contracts to 'balance' the wage bills for the provinces  Smile 
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 29 Mar - 15:57

Stander has had one good game and a few cameos but is not near starting yet as sin e said. In fact he has had a few shockers as well. What's weird is that the lulster brigade seem to love him based on nothing much. Don't see any clamoring from Munster supporters yet.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat 29 Mar - 16:16

Just seems odd that he was starting a lot of games for the Bulls before going to Munster.

He hardly gets any game time at Munster despite playing well and scoring tries and then he signs a new contract. Maybe Foley rates him more than Penney does.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 29 Mar - 16:26

I don't love Stander, the best games I've seen him play for Munster has been when he comes on as an impact player.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sat 29 Mar - 16:39

Notch wrote:
Sin é wrote:Can you explain the logic of why you would pay someone an international wage rather than a provincial wage if you were not going to use this player to play in internationals?

Well you yourself are the one who's always saying that certain players get central contracts to 'balance' the wage bills for the provinces  Smile 

Yep. Except Munster have a couple already - POC, Ryan, POM & Murray -
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sat 29 Mar - 16:45

Golden wrote:Just seems odd that he was starting a lot of games for the Bulls before going to Munster.

He hardly gets any game time at Munster despite playing well and scoring tries and then he signs a new contract. Maybe Foley rates him more than Penney does.

We only saw his highlights with the Bulls though. The hard ground probably suited him. He had to get used to a completely different game up here. His defence wasn't good enough and he looked sometimes to have lost concentration. I think it has been a difficult transition for him, but he is very young and he just wouldn't have the same cop-on as someone like Coughlan. He has plenty of competition, but I do think he will turn into a very good player for Munster.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 29 Mar - 18:02

Sin é wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:Every player is paid by the IRFU. Having a Central contract doesn't mean you are definate starter or better than everyone else.

Can you explain the logic of why you would pay someone an international wage rather than a provincial wage if you were not going to use this player to play in internationals?

edit: Has Daverage signed a new contract yet with Leinster/IRFU? If so, what is it?
Maybe at the time he signed it he was considered one of the top wingers in Ireland. He certainly isn't now and just because he has one doesn't mean he will make the matchday 23.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sat 29 Mar - 18:23

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Maybe at the time he signed it he was considered one of the top wingers in Ireland. He certainly isn't now and just because he has one doesn't mean he will make the matchday 23.

Earls just signed his last 2 year contract extension (announced on 21 January 2014).

Since when do the IRFU throw good money away? They even know that it is highly unlikely that Earls would dream of moving away from Limerick.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat 29 Mar - 18:27

You do know that the IRFU pays every player in Ireland? Central contracts don't mean a whole a lot. I know that SOB refused a central contract for years.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 29 Mar - 18:58

Right..game on. Getting to see the first half only..we should have it wrapped up by halftime

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfball Sat 29 Mar - 19:05

POC bleeding already... very poor scrum by Leinster

wolfball

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat 29 Mar - 19:07

Zebo caught from behind by a forward??  Shocked 
Surely not......

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 29 Mar - 19:12

I cant stop thinking about that Irish pitch-side stunner. Speaking Irish. Jeezez, Id do her washin.

Mon Leinster! Angry Munster need a lesson here.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat 29 Mar - 19:13

A lot of sloppy mistakes so far.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 29 Mar - 19:16

Its all Munster in the 1st 20, as expected. We are used to this. We'll  take any chance that comes.

Oh Lord its hard to be humble...   guinness 

And one for Messerschmidt.   guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 29 Mar - 19:17

Best ref for the jobs lads. He knows all about it. Should let it flow.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 29 Mar - 19:18

Gowan Fadders! See Simple Simon, thats what it takes.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat 29 Mar - 19:21

Funny to see BOD getting dressed down by a ref at this stage in his career.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 29 Mar - 19:22

Golden wrote:Funny to see BOD getting dressed down by a ref at this stage in his career.
Healthy, I think Gold. Still shows the hunger.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat 29 Mar - 19:23

Yup indeed Gibbo. Good to see Rollaind not taking any sh1te too

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 29 Mar - 19:23

Woooooo. Rolland is running it like Nige. Love it!
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 29 Mar - 19:28

Good kicking Keatley. Munster the smerter side so far. Reddan is trying to unlock them. Fascinating.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 29 Mar - 19:31

Good to see Fitz back, eh Deccie? I know you rate him. If he can get an injury-free run to the RWC2015, he's in. At 11 or 13.  

Felix Jones is really coming back. Great to see. Always rated him.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 29 Mar - 19:35

Laugh   BOD is playing like it his 1st game v Munster. Or is it because its maybe his last? He's like a kid with the passion already. 

Love it. We wont see his like for another 20/30 years.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat 29 Mar - 19:36

McFadden straight through Zebo there. Theyre having some contest

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 29 Mar - 19:36

Keatley is rock-solid. Get em going Madigan!
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by kunu Sat 29 Mar - 19:39

Leinster about as inaccurate as I've ever seen them. Munster aggression could pile on some points here. Worry about Leinster under O Conner, it's all a bit directionless
kunu
kunu

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 29 Mar - 19:42

Rolland gives a penalty to his team when killer puts pressure on Ross...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat 29 Mar - 19:43

Still thing Fergs a centre Gibbo?

Have to say I much prefer him on the wing. Top player

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next