The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The O'Classico- Leinster v Munster!

+28
Gibson
wolfball
Rory_Gallagher
geoff998rugby
Golden
pete (buachaill on eirne)
GoodinTightSpaces
asoreleftshoulder
san
Engine#4
LeinsterFan4life
PredictorofTeams
Feagh McHugh
Thomond
rodders
Scrumpy
kunu
thebandwagonsociety
ME-109
Jenifer McLadyboy
Notch
brennomac
Sin é
GunsGerms
SecretFly
MunsterMac
BlueMuff
Mickado
32 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The O'Classico- Leinster v Munster! - Page 4 Empty The O'Classico- Leinster v Munster!

Post by Mickado Tue 25 Mar 2014, 11:13 am

First topic message reminder :

LEINSTER

15. Rob Kearney
14. Fergus McFadden
13. Brian O'Driscoll
12. Gordon D'Arcy
11. Luke Fitzgerald
10. Ian Madigan
9. Eoin Reddan

1. Michael Bent
2. Richardt Strauss
3. Mike Ross
4. Devin Toner
5. Mike McCarthy
6. Kevin McLaughlin
7. Shane Jennings
8. Jamie Heaslip (c)

16. Sean Cronin
17. Jack O'Connell
18. Ed Byrne
19. Leo Cullen
20. Jordi Murphy
21. Isaac Boss
22. Jimmy Gopperth
23. Zane Kirchner

MUNSTER

15. Felix Jones
14. Keith Earls
13. Casey Laulala
12. Denis Hurley
11. Simon Zebo
10. Ian Keatley
9. Conor Murray

1. Dave Kilcoyne
2. Damien Varley
3. BJ Botha
4. Dave Foley
5. Paul O' Connell
6. Peter O'Mahony (c)
7. Tommy O'Donnell
8. James Coughlan

16. Duncan Casey
17. James Cronin
18. Alan Cotter
19. Donncha O'Callaghan
20. CJ Stander
21. Duncan Williams
22. JJ Hanrahan
23. Gerhard van den Heever

At Aviva Stadium, 7pm. Live on TG4

Referee: Alain Rolland
Assistant Referees: David Wilkinson, Michael Black (both IRFU)
Citing Commissioner: Peter Ferguson (IRFU)
TMO: Simon McDowell (IRFU)

Mickado

Back to top Go down

The O'Classico- Leinster v Munster! - Page 4 Empty Re: The O'Classico- Leinster v Munster!

Post by Sin é Wed 26 Mar 2014, 7:53 pm

Notch wrote:In that video and every video like it, none of the examples of the balls moving forward due to momentum show an example where the receiver of the pass was in front of the  player throwing the pass. They feature players moving from behind the passer to catch ball that are thrown backwards and move forwards. For me, the spirit of the law suggests if you are in front of the ball carrier when the pass is thrown it should be ruled as a forward pass.

The rule is good as for me if you throw the ball backwards to a player behind you, that is within the spirit of the game even if the ball travels forwards which it will do. Not if the player is in front of the passer though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=box08lq9ylg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZvuhue5SWI

He wasn't in front of him though when he passed.

The O'Classico- Leinster v Munster! - Page 4 Earlst11

In fact if you look at image 4, you can see Earls twisting backwards to receive the ball.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

The O'Classico- Leinster v Munster! - Page 4 Empty Re: The O'Classico- Leinster v Munster!

Post by Feagh McHugh Wed 26 Mar 2014, 10:03 pm

Looking forward to the game, would have loved to have made it home.

Hope the munster boys enjoy their big day away from the burden of diggin drills or snagging turnips.
Leinster welcomes you our parnoid friends. Word of warning - draging ones upper limbs on asphalt is a completely different scenario to doing so on dirt tracks of home.
Poeple of Leinster check your vaccintions are up to date and apply raddle to the your sons - Munster ladies are coming to town.
Cant see past a Leinter win here.

Feagh McHugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 26 Mar 2014, 10:20 pm

Back to the game. One imagine Keatley gets the nod. Penney prefers him for the bigger games rightly or wrongly. A shaky enough performance from JJ gives him a nice justification not that he needs one.

Heading into Toulouse we need a performance just hope we aren't too ramped up for this one after Penney's spiel (classic chip on the shoulder stuff works for Munster I suppose). Can't lose sight of Toulouse like

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 26 Mar 2014, 10:34 pm

With all the talk in the media if you look at what most of the players are saying is just that it is a precursor for next weeks game..

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by PredictorofTeams Wed 26 Mar 2014, 11:32 pm

Honestly can't see how Munster are gonna be in this one, even with their relentless passion.
Leinster have the upper hand right across the team sheet!
Front row-Leinster
Second row-Leinster(Munster without Ryan, and Toner is in the form of his life)
Back row-Leinster(POM only Munster threat)
Half backs-even
Centres-Leinster
Back 3-Leinster(expect Fitzgerald to cause havoc after the disappointment of injury during 6n)
Player for player, this should be a walk over for Leinster. However it would be naive to predict that!

PredictorofTeams

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Wed 26 Mar 2014, 11:36 pm

PredictorofTeams wrote:Honestly can't see how Munster are gonna be in this one, even with their relentless passion.
Front row-Leinster
Half backs-even
Centres-Leinster
Back 3-Leinster(expect Fitzgerald to cause havoc after the disappointment of injury during 6n)
Player for player, this should be a walk over for Leinster. However it would be naive to predict that!
We also have a ref that will be biased towards us too.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by PredictorofTeams Wed 26 Mar 2014, 11:43 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
PredictorofTeams wrote:Honestly can't see how Munster are gonna be in this one, even with their relentless passion.
Front row-Leinster
Half backs-even
Centres-Leinster
We also have a ref that will be biased towards us too.

I don't understand the slating he is receiving.He is rated in the top tier of referees and has reffed a RWC final and a semi-final.Sure he blows up for a lot but clearly 95% of what he blows up for is correct or else he wouldn't be as highly regarded by the IRB. Refs like Nigel Owens don't seem to call a lot, and sure this is great but it isn't the referees job(to let the game "flow"), I presume this is why he is not rated highly by the IRB.

PredictorofTeams

Back to top Go down

Post by Engine#4 Wed 26 Mar 2014, 11:51 pm

I, for one, am really looking forward to the battle of the referees. In blue corner Alain Rolland and in the red corner POC and POM, two of the best in the business. The winner may well decide this game Whistle 

Engine#4

Back to top Go down

Post by san Thu 27 Mar 2014, 5:10 am

Is this BOD's last game v Munster before retirement?

san

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 27 Mar 2014, 8:52 am

san wrote:Is this BOD's last game v Munster before retirement?

Potentially, yes.

But we could meet twice more in the Rabo playoffs and HC Semi final.

The HC game would be played in LR, not sure what would happen if we meet again in the league though.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by san Thu 27 Mar 2014, 9:38 am

Doh Should have been able to work that out for myself.

Even so, he will want to go out on a high against the auld enemy.

In his last season he could potentially be more decorated than any other: 6 Nations, HC and Rabo.
Not to mention winning lions tour. If only we had held out NZ it would have been some sendoff.

san

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu 27 Mar 2014, 10:02 am

Sin é wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:
Sin é wrote:Its 'Daverage' not 'Average Dave'

While I think of it, J'amie was rapping on the radio the other day  Very Happy He is going to get into trouble with Holy Joe for being influenced by Zeboooooooo!

Is J'aime a late developer or something. Very much mutton dressed as lamp.

Saw that, embarassing. He is a bit of a spacer off the field but each to their own.

Why a late developer?

The guy is 30 and he behaves like a 20 year old. I wouldn't mind if he was from Munster, but  he isn't.

I think that's what you meant.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 27 Mar 2014, 10:07 am

Plenty of indiosyncratic characters in Munster just like Jamie.

Rog sometimes appears like he still needs to grow up a bit.
Re Lady accusations. Flannery looks like some of the no make up selfies I have seen on facebook lately.
DOC seems to be very image conscious like Jamie.
Zebo seems like a bit of a lad.

Nothing wrong with some characters around the place as long as they are doing anything wrong off the field and they are doing what they are told on the pitch it shouldnt really matter.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu 27 Mar 2014, 10:09 am

Sin é wrote:
ME-109 wrote:
Sin é wrote:
ME-109 wrote:
ME-109 wrote:Ex Blackrock and Leinster player to referee derby game...allez les bleues as they say...pint of probs there Matt

He's ex Rock as well....might as well hand BOD the match whistle...  Whistle 

I noticed Rolland racing over to shake BOD hand in BOD's last Ireland game in the Aviva.

I think he was asking him who he would like to see yellow carded from Munster...

I think he said anyone faster than Daverage (which is about everyone). No need to be showing him up.

Wow that is some stretching to get a dig in at Dave Kearney,did he hump your sister or something?

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 27 Mar 2014, 10:11 am

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
Sin é wrote:
ME-109 wrote:
Sin é wrote:
ME-109 wrote:
ME-109 wrote:Ex Blackrock and Leinster player to referee derby game...allez les bleues as they say...pint of probs there Matt

He's ex Rock as well....might as well hand BOD the match whistle...  Whistle 

I noticed Rolland racing over to shake BOD hand in BOD's last Ireland game in the Aviva.

I think he was asking him who he would like to see yellow carded from Munster...

I think he said anyone faster than Daverage (which is about everyone). No need to be showing him up.

Wow that is some stretching to get a dig in at Dave Kearney,did he hump your sister or something?

Maybe he humped POC's sister, it would explain the kick in the head...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 27 Mar 2014, 10:13 am

Dave Kearney is hated in Munster because he is keeping Zebo out of the team. Problem is Dave Kearney on the face of it is a better player.

He isnt as slow nor as devoid of skill as the rednecks suggest. Very good player, underrated even possibly in Leinster.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 27 Mar 2014, 10:22 am

Sin é wrote:
In fact if you look at image 4, you can see Earls twisting backwards to receive the ball.

Of course he is, he's overrun him by 3 metres so the pass was only 2.5 metres forward.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 27 Mar 2014, 10:41 am

Looks like cian Healy will be missing for this game?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Thu 27 Mar 2014, 11:00 am

GunsGerms wrote:Dave Kearney is hated in Munster because he is keeping Zebo out of the team. Problem is Dave Kearney on the face of it is a better player.

He isnt as slow nor as devoid of skill as the rednecks suggest. Very good player, underrated even possibly in Leinster.

Would you take a chill pill. Daverage is not hated in Munster at all. In fact he seems like a quiet a nice chap. He just happens to be very average thats all. Plus I can think of 2 tries that he was specifically responsible for in the 6Ns.

But "hated" - absolutely not.

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 27 Mar 2014, 11:02 am

Which too tries were those? Chill pill? Why do you think I'm angry? Not angry at all, having a great day. That seems to be your default response to anything I post. Bizarre.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 27 Mar 2014, 11:05 am

Maybe daverage should wear white boots and get a mowhawk - this seems to fool a lot of people into believing you have much more pace and talent than you actually do.....  Cool 
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 27 Mar 2014, 11:11 am

Would it help if he wore his socks around his ankles and made a D shape with his hands when he scores?

Maybe he should find a topless Cork girl and get her to hold up a banner that says I love Cooley, Co. Louth? Would that make him any better?

Which two tries Muff?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Thu 27 Mar 2014, 11:11 am

The try against England when the 2 Kearneys covered themselves in glory and the cross field kick against France when he was caught in no mans land.

A mowhack gives you more aerodynamism and therefore automtically makes you go faster...

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 27 Mar 2014, 11:13 am

Didn't help Jamie Heaslip much.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 27 Mar 2014, 11:18 am

BlueMuff wrote:The try against England when the 2 Kearneys covered themselves in glory and the cross field kick against France when he was caught in no mans land.

A mowhack gives you more aerodynamism and therefore automtically makes you go faster...

Quite a stretch to claim that Dave Kearney was responsible for both those tries. The England try was more to do with having Best in the back line. Not much you could do about that one it was a good move.

The France try he tackled his man but it was too close to the line to prevent a try. Probably more Rob Kearney's fault that one or Huget's brillance.

Ireland's defense including Dave Kearney's was exceptional. 4 tries conceded in 5 games is fairly exemplary.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 27 Mar 2014, 11:23 am

GunsGerms wrote:Would it help if he wore his socks around his ankles and made a D shape with his hands when he scores?

Maybe he should find a topless Cork girl and get her to hold up a banner that says I love Cooley, Co. Louth? Would that make him any better?

Which two tries Muff?

He never does...  Whistle 

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 27 Mar 2014, 11:25 am

He has the same amount of international tries as the Zeeman?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 27 Mar 2014, 11:27 am

GunsGerms wrote:He has the same amount of international tries as the Zeeman?

and less than Jack McGrath for Leinster.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 27 Mar 2014, 11:29 am

GunsGerms wrote:Would it help if he wore his socks around his ankles and made a D shape with his hands when he scores?

Does he score? Hadn't noticed  Smile 
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 27 Mar 2014, 11:30 am

Sin é wrote:

Does he score? Hadn't noticed  Smile 

He flopped over the line twice against Samoa - It reminded me of John Hayes one and only try against Scotland (?)...in fact there are some similarities between the players.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 27 Mar 2014, 11:35 am

If you subtracted the amount by which Zebo is overrated and added it to the amount Kearney is underrated you'd have George North.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 27 Mar 2014, 11:41 am

rodders wrote:If you subtracted the amount by which Zebo is overrated and added it to the amount Kearney is underrated you'd have George North.

Yeah...its like if you subtracted all the good players (SAFFERs and Kiwis) from Ulster and added the hysteria as to how good every single Ulster player is and should be playing for Ireland you would come up with Connacht (lite)

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 27 Mar 2014, 11:49 am

ME-109 wrote:
rodders wrote:If you subtracted the amount by which Zebo is overrated and added it to the amount Kearney is underrated you'd have George North.

Yeah...its like if you subtracted all the good players (SAFFERs and Kiwis) from Ulster and added the hysteria as to how good every single Ulster player is and should be playing for Ireland you would come up with Connacht (lite)

Well that would depend on whether you classed Jared Payne as Irish or Kiwi I suppose.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 27 Mar 2014, 11:54 am

Rodders he's got a point when you consider the long threads about Schmidts anti-Ulster bias and how our lads have been so hard done by and its so unfair and... wait, was that us?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 27 Mar 2014, 12:00 pm

rodders wrote:
ME-109 wrote:

Well that would depend on whether you classed Jared Payne as Irish or Kiwi I suppose.

Tommy Bowe says Payne isn't much of a trainer (asked to pick his best and worst trainer - ferg McFadden the best).  How is Jared at ruck resourcing?
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Thu 27 Mar 2014, 12:46 pm

Sin é wrote:
rodders wrote:
ME-109 wrote:

Tommy Bowe says Payne isn't much of a trainer (asked to pick his best and worst trainer - ferg McFadden the best).  How is Jared at ruck resourcing?

did tommy tell you this himself???

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 27 Mar 2014, 2:27 pm

GoodinTightSpaces wrote:
Sin é wrote:
rodders wrote:
ME-109 wrote:

No, not just me, everyone who reads independent.ie

ha, ha - Using looking for the link - its being taken down  Very Happy 

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/video-tommy-bowe-dishes-the-dirt-on-his-teammates-30128313.html

In case you don't believe me, do a search for Tommy Bowe and you will get

Video: Tommy Bowe dishes the dirt on his teammates
Irish Independent ‎- 20 hours ago
Ulster and Ireland star Tommy Bowe has been a notable absence from the Ireland squad recently, but he was still happy to spill the beans on ...

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Thu 27 Mar 2014, 2:36 pm

Sin é wrote:
GoodinTightSpaces wrote:
Sin é wrote:
rodders wrote:
ME-109 wrote:

No, not just me, everyone who reads independent.ie

ha, ha - Using looking for the link - its being taken down  Very Happy 

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/video-tommy-bowe-dishes-the-dirt-on-his-teammates-30128313.html

In case you don't believe me, do a search for Tommy Bowe and you will get

Video: Tommy Bowe dishes the dirt on his teammates
   Irish Independent ‎- 20 hours ago
   Ulster and Ireland star Tommy Bowe has been a notable absence from the Ireland squad recently, but he was still happy to spill the beans on ...

cant believe you recorded private conversations with Tommy and posted it on the independent. for shame

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by PredictorofTeams Thu 27 Mar 2014, 2:49 pm

Why is this game on Tg4, that should be against the law.

PredictorofTeams

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 27 Mar 2014, 3:03 pm

PredictorofTeams wrote:Why is this game on Tg4, that should be against the law.

Because TG4 pay more money for broadcast rights so they've first refusal on what games they get. RTE always get 1 Leinster Munster game and TG4 the other but TG4 have first pick on which one they show.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 27 Mar 2014, 3:05 pm

Sin é wrote:

I suppose that dispels any myths regarding the correlation between training and playing ability I suppose ... Cool .
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 27 Mar 2014, 9:20 pm

Yeah, I saw that. Payne is classy but just like anyone else he won't be picked if he doesn't train well and learn the detail inside out. Having said that, I'd say Tommy ribbing a teammate isn't really much of a reason to completely write him off as lazy! Pretty tongue in cheek feel to the interview  Wink 
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 27 Mar 2014, 11:03 pm

Mickado wrote:
PredictorofTeams wrote:Why is this game on Tg4, that should be against the law.

Because TG4 pay more money for broadcast rights so they've first refusal on what games they get. RTE always get 1 Leinster Munster game and TG4 the other but TG4 have first pick on which one they show.

The know it will urine off Leinster fans if its on TG4 and so encourage them to go to the match  Very Happy 

You going to Croker or Aviva Mickado?
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 28 Mar 2014, 7:24 am

With most of our front row lads missing I think this game has been blown wide open now. I'm not sure which combination of backs are going to be used (Fitz and Ferg are the only definite starters I think) but I think we should have the Munster fellas here. I'd go so far as to say that if we play Heaslip and Toner we should have them in the back 5 of the pack however that front 3 is looking a worry.

Cronin to loosehead! hahaha

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 28 Mar 2014, 9:26 am

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm censorship? Why was Tommy's interview deleted from Indo's site?

A call from Ulster Disciplin and Punishment Department????

40 shades of mystery about that Pull.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 28 Mar 2014, 11:43 am

I'm worried for Liam Toland...he called POM Awesome this morning....must be feeling under the weather or something.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Fri 28 Mar 2014, 11:55 am

I only getting worried when Guns calls him awesome....

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 28 Mar 2014, 12:01 pm

Likely team for Munster

Jones, Earls, Casey, Hurley, Zeebs, Keatley, Murray.
Coughlan, TOD, POM, POC, Foley, BJ, Varley, Killer

Hurley in for Downey. Archer is injured so Alan Cotter on the bench

Replacements - Cronin, Casey, Cotter, DOC, CJ, Williams, JJ, Van der Heever.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 28 Mar 2014, 12:07 pm

BlueMuff wrote:I only getting worried when Guns calls him awesome....

I think Toland is awesome. Munster legend.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Fri 28 Mar 2014, 12:16 pm

The game in the Aviva is sold out with numbers presently at 51,157 - final attendance will be confirmed on the day.

15. Rob Kearney
14. Fergus McFadden
13. Brian O'Driscoll
12. Gordon D'Arcy
11. Luke Fitzgerald
10. Ian Madigan
9. Eoin Reddan
1. Michael Bent
2. Richardt Strauss
3. Mike Ross
4. Devin Toner
5. Mike McCarthy
6. Kevin McLaughlin
7. Shane Jennings
8. Jamie Heaslip CAPTAIN

16. Sean Cronin
17. Jack O'Connell
18. Ed Byrne
19. Leo Cullen
20. Jordi Murphy
21. Isaac Boss
22. Jimmy Gopperth
23. Zane Kirchner

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next