The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cyclone Promotions Announce New Signings

3 posters

Go down

Cyclone Promotions Announce New Signings Empty Cyclone Promotions Announce New Signings

Post by hampo17 Fri 21 Mar 2014, 11:55 am

Cyclone Promotions are delighted to announce the signings of two of Belfast’s brightest boxing talents, Marc McCullough and Jamie Conlan to long-term promotional contracts. Belfast’s premier boxing promotional outfit have big plans for the dynamic duo, starting with both being involved in title bouts on the massive ‘This Is Belfast’ bill on the 4th of April at the Odyssey Arena headlined by Carl ‘The Jackal’ Frampton. Both boxers took their respective opportunities on the last Frampton undercard at the Odyssey Arena by scoring decisive knockout victories and Cyclone Promotions now feel the time is right to sign both prospects to long-term promotional deals.

Belfast stylist McCullough will be looking to gain a top-15 ranking with the WBO when he boxes for the vacant WBO European Featherweight title against Belarus’ experienced Andrei Isaeu, 25(7) – 4, at the Odyssey Arena on April 4th. The current Irish Featherweight Champion Marc, 8(5) – 1, scored a brilliant ninth round knockout victory over former European champion Willie Casey in his last fight, a result that made the British and Irish boxing public sit-up and take notice. With Belfast boxing thriving at the moment in the midst of Frampton mania, young McCullough knows that 2014 could be a big year for him ahead of his first fight at continental level on the 4th of April.

Twenty-four year old McCullough is excited by the latest development in his professional career. "I am delighted to be joining Cyclone Promotions. I enjoyed boxing on their last show at the Odyssey Arena, I boxed for a title then and I am now boxing for another title on their upcoming show on April 4th. I know that Cyclone are the right promotional team to take my career forwards and I can't wait to go on to bigger and better things with them. Cyclone Promotions have plans to stage shows in Belfast with me and my stable-mate Jamie co-headlining so I cannot wait. 2014 is a big year for me and Cyclone Promotions."

Undefeated Belfast Super Flyweight Jamie Conlan has the bit between his teeth having been subjected to bouts of inactivity through no fault of his own. The hard-punching prospect, 10(6) – 0, is elated to be signing with a promotional outfit that can deliver regular home fights for him. On the 4th of April Conlan will fight for his first professional title, to be announced shortly, and will use this to push on for domestic honours later in 2014.

The man known as ‘The Mexican’ is excited at the prospect of stability and regularity in his professional boxing career. "I have signed a promotional contract with Cyclone Promotions and I am looking forward to them guiding my career. I haven’t been as active as I would have liked so far in my professional career and that has been the biggest issue for me, but with Cyclone Promotions I will be boxing more regularly and boxing at home as much as possible. It is an exciting time for me and I can't wait to get started on April 4th! Right now the super flyweight division is competitive in the UK and Ireland but I believe I am knocking on the door of major titles and I believe Cyclone Promotions will deliver those opportunities to me."

Cyclone Promotions main aim is to bring big-time boxing back to Belfast on a regular basis and the signings of Marc McCullough and Jamie Conlan, along with the recent signing of middleweight prospect Conrad Cummings will go a long way to ensuring that this happens. Cyclone Promotions CEO Barry McGuigan is enthused by the latest additions to his growing promotional outfit, “Boxing gave me an opportunity to better myself in life, now I want to give boxing an opportunity in Belfast, a true boxing city. Belfast boxing is alive at the moment as a result of Carl Frampton’s incredible rise in the boxing World. Marc McCullough and Jamie Conlan represent the future of Belfast boxing and along with our other new signing Conrad Cummings, they can go on to achieve great things with the right guidance. We at Cyclone Promotions aim to give them the best possible platform to achieve this.”

Cyclone Promotions leading light Carl ‘The Jackal’ Frampton believes the latest signings to the stable will help ensure more great nights of boxing action in Belfast. “It’s great news, along with Conrad Cummings, Jamie Conlan and Marc McCullough can go on to achieve great things under the Cyclone Promotions banner.”

John Breen, manager and trainer of both fighters is ecstatic that both of his charges have signed with Cyclone Promotions. “I believe that with the help of Barry McGuigan and Cyclone Promotions both Jamie and Marc can go right to the top. These are exciting times for Belfast boxing fans.”

http://www.v2journal.com/29/post/2014/03/cyclone-promotions-sign-mccullough-and-conlan.html

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Announce New Signings Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Announce New Signings

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 21 Mar 2014, 12:01 pm

Good luck to them...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Announce New Signings Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Announce New Signings

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 21 Mar 2014, 12:23 pm

As I mentioned on Wednesday, Jamie needs to get a move on. 10 fights in 5 years, dependant on Irish cards.

Marc did a great job against the limited but game Willie Casey last time.

As Truss says, good luck to them
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down