The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cyclone Promotions Press Release

+13
AdamT
Derbymanc
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Strongback
AlexHuckerby
Coxy001
Herman Jaeger
Rodney
catchweight
mikeymax71
Rowley
Hammersmith harrier
hampo17
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release Empty Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by hampo17 Mon 8 Jun - 19:29

Cyclone Promotions are proud to announce that Carl Frampton will make the second defence of his IBF World Title against Alejandro Gonzalez Jr. on July 18th at the Don Haskins Center in El Paso, Texas, USA.

Frampton vs Gonzalez Jr. will be the main event on this CBS broadcast as part of the Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) series that will go out live coast to coast in the USA.

Cyclone Promotions are in exclusive discussions with a UK broadcaster who will showcase this exciting second title defence of Frampton live on July 18th. There will be further details on this to come.

Undefeated Frampton, 20 (14) – 0, is already an established star in the UK and Ireland and has recently signed an advisory agreement with Al Haymon. The Gonzalez Jr. fight will be Frampton’s first bout in the USA and he is set to be seen by millions of viewers in America as the headliner of this CBS terrestrial television show.

Alejandro Gonzalez Jr., 25 (15) – 1 – 2, is one of the brightest up and coming boxers in Mexico. The twenty-two year old Tijuana native follows in the footsteps of his famous father Alejandro Gonzalez Sr. when he challenges for the World title in Texas on the 18th of July. Gonzalez Sr. famously dethroned WBC Featherweight Champion Kevin Kelley in San Antonio, Texas in 1995 to become champion of the world. The tall and dangerous Gonzalez Jr., ranked 13th with the IBF, will have the majority of the support in El Paso for his first World Title challenge.

Belfast’s Carl Frampton is one of the hottest talents in world boxing and has thrilled fans in the UK with his explosive performances as the IBF World Super Bantamweight champion. Frampton won the World Title in Belfast in September 2014 in front of 16,000 ecstatic home fans. His first defence against the USA’s Chris Avalos attracted a terrestrial television audience of over two million viewers in the UK and Ireland.

Texas’ undefeated Jermall Charlo challenges IBF World Light Middleweight champion Cornelius “K-9” Bundrage on the undercard of Frampton vs Gonzalez Jr. This exciting World Title fight represents the biggest challenge to date for the undefeated Texan Charlo, 21 (16) – 0.

IBF Super Bantamweight king Carl Frampton said, “I am delighted to be defending my title in the USA on July 18th live on CBS against Alejandro Gonzalez Jr. I want to become a star in the USA and this is my first step on that journey. Now that my team is working with Al Haymon I am set to defend my title in front of millions of US fight fans on CBS. Alejandro Gonzalez Jr. is a dangerous Mexican challenger but he has never fought anyone like me and on the 18th of July he is in for a big, big shock. I feel I am the best Super Bantamweight in the world and I am excited to box in front of a huge television audience in the USA.”

Frampton’s manager Barry McGuigan said, “This is fantastic news for Carl Frampton. He is defending his title live on CBS in the USA and I believe Carl’s all action style will captivate the US fight fans. Frampton has all the ingredients needed to become a major star in the USA; he is an exceptional fighter with a brilliant personality who has a fanatical fan base in the UK. Alejandro Gonzalez Jr. is a hungry and dangerous young Mexican boxer who will be travelling to El Paso, Texas to rip that belt from Frampton. This is going to be a cracking fight.”

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Cyclone Promotions Press Release Empty Re: Cyclone Promotions Press Release

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 8 Jun - 19:33

What a horrendous match up, I have neither heard of him or any of his opponents which is rarely a good sign.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 8 Jun - 19:46

Hammersmith harrier wrote:What a horrendous match up, I have neither heard of him or any of his opponents which is rarely a good sign.

When the press release tells you more about who his old man beat than who he has beaten it tells it's own story.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeymax71 Mon 8 Jun - 19:48

Well I hope he acclimatises better than his mentor who had a fight in with a unheralded local fighter in the height of summer in the afternoon for his American debut

mikeymax71

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 8 Jun - 19:58

Man, that sucks

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon 8 Jun - 20:00

Quigg fighting a guy dusted off comfortably by Frampton whilst the latter is facing an unknown in the middle of no where. Yet all parties can't put egos aside and make themselves a lot of money by fighting one another. That's boxing (sigh)

Never mind we'll still continue to watch them , whose the biggest mugs ?
Cheers , rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 8 Jun - 20:06

Rodney wrote:Quigg fighting a guy dusted off comfortably by Frampton whilst the latter is facing an unknown in the middle of no where. Yet all parties can't put egos aside and make themselves a lot of money by fighting one another. That's boxing (sigh)

Never mind we'll still continue to watch them , whose the biggest mugs ?
Cheers , rodders

All a bit sh1t really isn't it, Quigg has a better if not outstanding opponent next but one Frampton has trounced twice while Frampton himself is fighting a complete unknown. Not sure how either fight is building them up in any way.

I'll be watching Quigg because of the time it will be on but Frampton i'm not so sure, only so many Friday and Saturday all nighters I can take.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 8 Jun - 20:18

Haymon has been putting some cards on in the afternoon so they're on at a decent time over here.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 8 Jun - 21:01

Love the afternoon cards from America, really enjoyed the Dirrell/DeGale fight, was a bit of luck I happened to be by a telly as was expecting that one to be on a lot later. But yes a bit of early evening boxing with a nice cool drink really works for me. Especially in the summer.

On the bright side , I suppose you need a few of these to build up his name, then the Americans not just us, will start demanding a showdown with one of his chief rivals.

Barry can leave out the charging into the ring fist-pumping the air bit for me though, I don't think beating a 13th ranked fighter warrants that, and that's coming from a fan of Barry's.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon 8 Jun - 22:20

C'mon that Mexican guys name I read but forgot and have never heard of.

Barry Mac does it again. He may as well be fighting in the Amazon jungle, would get more people turning up to watch!

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 9 Jun - 2:56

Side note, I think the Charlotte twins look impressive, but very "Haymon" managed

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 9 Jun - 11:06

Make sense to have a few winnable fights to build up Frampton's name in the US.  Frampton holds the belt so doesn't need to win a big fight right off the bat.  Wayne McCullough was the highest paid bantam weight of all time when he fought in the States.  Haymon can make money with Frampton and so can Barry if he holds onto his tail tightly enough.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 9 Jun - 11:12

PaulHv2 wrote:Haymon has been putting some cards on in the afternoon so they're on at a decent time over here.

Not too sure Sky will pick this up, especially with the needle between the Frampton camp and Matchroom. Although it would be in there best interests to in regards to drumming up a matchup between Frampton and Quigg. Haymon seems to be running the ship now so you never know.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 9 Jun - 11:18

McGuigan will want to run with ITV.  Scheduling might rule them out.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 9 Jun - 12:19

Strongback wrote:Make sense to have a few winnable fights to build up Frampton's name in the US.  Frampton holds the belt so doesn't need to win a big fight right off the bat.  Wayne McCullough was the highest paid bantam weight of all time when he fought in the States.  Haymon can make money with Frampton and so can Barry if he holds onto his tail tightly enough.

Yup, he's fighting a guy that's ranked and known to boxing fans that will provide a matchup he should win but will bring him to the forefront of the US of who's who names in boxing circles.

No, wait.. he's fighting a guy no ones heard of in some random remote place.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 9 Jun - 13:11

Strongback wrote:Make sense to have a few winnable fights to build up Frampton's name in the US.  Frampton holds the belt so doesn't need to win a big fight right off the bat.  Wayne McCullough was the highest paid bantam weight of all time when he fought in the States.  Haymon can make money with Frampton and so can Barry if he holds onto his tail tightly enough.

If it was a matchroom fighter it'd be a travesty.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 9 Jun - 13:50

Coxy001 wrote:

Yup, he's fighting a guy that's ranked and known to boxing fans that will provide a matchup he should win but will bring him to the forefront of the US of who's who names in boxing circles.

You've never heard of El Paso? You need to get out more.

Frampton will be fighting a lot of Mexicans.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 9 Jun - 14:02

Can you enlighten us then Strongy as to who he is, his strengths and weakness's etc, who his decent opponents have been and so on seeing as most of us haven't heard of him.

cheers in advance

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 9 Jun - 14:14

Derbymanc wrote:Can you enlighten us then Strongy as to who he is, his strengths and weakness's etc, who his decent opponents have been and so on seeing as most of us haven't heard of him.

cheers in advance

He's Mexican, its in El Paso.  Haymon is getting the ball rolling.

You've been defending crap Matchroom fights since you joined. Surely you know all the excuses by now.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 9 Jun - 14:23

I'm not after an excuse, (BTW you'd realise I've been moaning about matchups and ppv's for a while now)

If your going to have standards at least hold others up to them as well. After all the bitching and moaning about Quigg/Matchroom in general, we get a nothing fight in Yankee land and your happy. Rolling Eyes

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 9 Jun - 14:30

Derbymanc wrote:I'm not after an excuse, (BTW you'd realise I've been moaning about matchups and ppv's for a while now)

If your going to have standards at least hold others up to them as well. After all the bitching and moaning about Quigg/Matchroom in general, we get a nothing fight in Yankee land and your happy. Rolling Eyes

You see it as a nothing fight, I see it as the start of a great odyssey.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 9 Jun - 14:52

It is a nothing fight, after turning down 1.5 mil from Matchroom he could have been making a big statement (especially considering Bazza sees him as no.1)

Unfortunately I can see this being the start of a Quigg esque number of nothing defences. Hope I'm wrong because I like Frampton

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 9 Jun - 15:09

Derbymanc wrote:It is a nothing fight, after turning down 1.5 mil from Matchroom he could have been making a big statement (especially considering Bazza sees him as no.1)

Unfortunately I can see this being the start of a Quigg esque number of nothing defences. Hope I'm wrong because I like Frampton

You can't have it both ways. Matchroom have been putting on largely crap cards for the past two years and you have defended it.

McGuigan does not want to work with Hearn and vice versa. I could easily say Eddie scuppered the Quigg v Frampo fight but I won't, Barry and Eddie just clash and can't agree.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 9 Jun - 15:26

I haven't defended the bad cards bud, I've defended that I think Eddie does the best for his boxers (hence PPV etc). The last few cards on Sky have been absolutely dire (especially the Birmingham one) and hopefully with the 'High Stakes' we'll see a turn around (although i'm not holding my breath.)

I'll give Framps the benefit of the doubt until his next opponent as hopefully this is a tune up and a look at me bout to get him further known in the US before taking on LSC

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 9 Jun - 16:30

Strongback wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:

You've never heard of El Paso?  You need to get out more.

I know that his opponent is a complete dud but is he really going to fight a load of similar garbage in one night?

And a load of the Mexicans probably haven't even heard of him there either. You rubbish Matchroom but this is an absolutely woeful choice of opponent, it's just contradictory tripe. If Quigg had gone over there to face this guy your tune would be nauseatingly different, to say the least.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 9 Jun - 16:44

You cannot constantly throw muck at Matchroom then condone these type of match ups, it is scraping the barrel of nauseatingly crap match ups.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 9 Jun - 16:49

Coxy001 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:

You've never heard of El Paso?  You need to get out more.

I know that his opponent is a complete dud but is he really going to fight a load of similar garbage in one night?

And a load of the Mexicans probably haven't even heard of him there either. You rubbish Matchroom but this is an absolutely woeful choice of opponent, it's just contradictory tripe. If Quigg had gone over there to face this guy your tune would be nauseatingly different, to say the least.

You're missing the big picture............not for the first time.

Eddie wraps Quigg in cotton wool and has him fight at home. This is for multiple fights.

Frampton is setting out on a big new adventure Stateside. Can't see him him fighting in Birmingham or Hull for a while.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 9 Jun - 16:51

Hammersmith harrier wrote:You cannot constantly throw muck at Matchroom then condone these type of match ups, it is scraping the barrel of nauseatingly crap match ups.

Does it bother you that somebody defends crap? Imagine how I feel having read all your guff defending Matchroom. I call you Mr Hypocritical, baby that's your name.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 9 Jun - 17:02

Lee Selby says he'll happily fight either Quigg or Frampton claiming they're both big at the weight and a jump to FW is a natural progression for them. Certainly more entertaining that the dross currently being served up.

In fairness, I do like Frampton but he's in danger of having his career that mirrors Ricky Hatton in his WBU days at this rate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 9 Jun - 17:04

Strongback wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:You cannot constantly throw muck at Matchroom then condone these type of match ups, it is scraping the barrel of nauseatingly crap match ups.

Does it bother you that somebody defends crap?  Imagine how I feel having read all your guff defending Matchroom.  I call you Mr Hypocritical, baby that's your name.

My last comment in reply to you as it isn't worth anyones time or effort but the irony of that post is hypocritical to say the least baby.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 10 Jun - 10:17

It's Rigondeaux who I feel for. These f.....g alphabet titles are the curse of boxing. If it was the days of only 1 champion, or 2 at most, these guys would have no choice but to fight the best.

He is one of the best boxers in the planet and he has to beg for a fight against these guys.

Boxing is a joke. Seriously considering packing it in and watching no more.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 10 Jun - 10:45

If that means you'll stop posting, great Wink

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 10 Jun - 10:50

PaulHv2 wrote:If that means you'll stop posting, great Wink

I have no problems with that.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 10 Jun - 10:51

AdamT wrote:
PaulHv2 wrote:If that means you'll stop posting, great Wink

I have no problems with that.

Hug

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 11 Jun - 9:13

Strongback wrote:McGuigan will want to run with ITV.  Scheduling might rule them out.

Scheduling, and the fact they'll know nobody is going to give a fook about such a sh!tty fight.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 11 Jun - 9:14

AlexHuckerby wrote:

100%

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu 11 Jun - 10:00

Boxnation will probebly pick it up

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 13 Jun - 18:01

So Frampton is headlining the CBS broadcast in the afternoon with Chavez headlining the Showtime broadcast in the evening, two seperate cards at the same venue on the same day seems bizarre.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 14 Jun - 0:43

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Strongback wrote:McGuigan will want to run with ITV.  Scheduling might rule them out.

Scheduling, and the fact they'll know nobody is going to give a fook about such a sh!tty fight.

There were plenty of sh!tty fights on ITV in the past, it's about building a brand.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 14 Jun - 0:47

AlexHuckerby wrote:

If it was a Matchroom fighter you'd be sucking his balls.  You're a fraud sunshine.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sun 14 Jun - 10:02

Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

There were plenty of sh!tty fights on ITV in the past, it's about building a brand.

This one takes the cookie though. You're on your own thinking this is anything above a pointless fight, ergo you're a biased tool.

Knocks out some cab driver and it's hardly going to cause a stir in 'wow this guy did that to that big name threat?'.

ITV probably won't even bother with it and he'll end up not even being shown over here!!!

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 14 Jun - 12:44

Coxy001 wrote:
Strongback wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

This one takes the cookie though. You're on your own thinking this is anything above a pointless fight, ergo you're a biased tool.

Knocks out some cab driver and it's hardly going to cause a stir in 'wow this guy did that to that big name threat?'.

ITV probably won't even bother with it and he'll end up not even being shown over here!!!

Scott Quigg's crap "title" fights get broadcast in the UK, why not Frampton's?

I threw out a bit of bate and you all jumped on it.  Look at the number of sh!te Matchroom cards you and others here have defended. If farcical.  If Frampton was with Matchroom for this fight I strongly suspect you would not have a problem seeing the logic in this match up.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 14 Jun - 12:46

Brook's defences against Dan and Gavin were widely criticised as were most of Quiggs so you're talking out your arse again.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 14 Jun - 13:02

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Brook's defences against Dan and Gavin were widely criticised as were most of Quiggs so you're talking out your arse again.

I never mentioned those fights.  I said Matchroom cards are sh!te, which they generally have been for a couple of years.  

Your reading comprehension fails you again.  You're obsessive desire to prove me wrong blunts your ability to understand basic English sentences.

You're a major Matchroom supporter and revel in every opportunity you can get to buy their PPV events.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 14 Jun - 13:03

Moving on from your childishness, those are the fights that matter considering they were for world titles just like Frampton against Gonzalez is.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 14 Jun - 19:50

So in conclusion it's alright to fight crap If you're Irish !!.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 14 Jun - 20:29

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:So in conclusion it's alright to fight crap If you're Irish !!.

No the conclusion is British fighters fighting for Matchroom don't receive the same vitriol as Frampton has for taking this fight.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 14 Jun - 20:52

Strongback have you not seem the stick Quigg has taken for fighting bums

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 14 Jun - 22:55

Scott Quigg won a word title with a draw and then had 4 gimme fights in a row.  Frampton is nowhere near Quigg is terms of consistent poor opponents.  

Then you see knee jerk quotes like this from Matchroom's No.1 fellatialist:

Hammersh1te Harrier wrote:
What a horrendous match up, I have neither heard of him or any of his opponents which is rarely a good sign.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 15 Jun - 7:59

And for the draw (and quotes afterwards) and after every gimme, he's been slaughtered on here by all and sundry (quite rightly too.)

The last few shows that have been bad have been roundly critisized even by me Wink and the PPV debacle is moaned about all the time. With any half decent looking shows added with the caveat 'it better not be on PPV (see Quigg/Crolla's and Coyle/Campbell)

Frampton deserves the crap he's getting for this matchup, especially after turning down the Quigg fight because 'there's better options etc' (Quigg also got a lot of crap for Martinez) and Bazza declaring him the best in the division.

We know you've got an agenda, just try not to be too transparent about it.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next