The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frampton/Cyclone

+7
wheelchair1991
marty2086
TheSquaredCircle
AdamT
88Chris05
TRUSSMAN66
neilodonnell
11 posters

Go down

Frampton/Cyclone Empty Frampton/Cyclone

Post by neilodonnell Sat 05 Aug 2017, 11:21 pm

Have I missed something? Has there been a fallout?

neilodonnell

Back to top Go down

Frampton/Cyclone Empty Re: Frampton/Cyclone

Post by neilodonnell Wed 09 Aug 2017, 9:22 am

Just checked on Companies House and he has resigned as a director so something has obviously happened.

neilodonnell

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 09 Aug 2017, 1:22 pm

Not suggesting that anything is wrong with frampton and Cyclone's relationship...But..

Can't be easy for fighters like Frampton who I regard as the best fighter in the UK seeing all these Hearn extravaganzas..............

Not that Mcguigan and Cyclone aren't a top group......Mcguigan has shown he is a talented man.

However Hearn is very accomplished at marketing and he has the SKY team behind him.........That is a powerful combination.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 21 Aug 2017, 1:51 pm

So, the split is confirmed. A very terse statement from Frampton based on what I've seen or heard so far.

Time for good ol' Eddie to jump in and save the day, surely.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 21 Aug 2017, 2:00 pm

Free agent...Keep more of the moocha for himself..........

Shame though................The days of Hagler and the Petronellis and Leonard and Mike Trainer seem further and further away all the time.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 21 Aug 2017, 2:10 pm

'Still the best Featherweight in the world!'

Not sure I agree Carl! Wonder who will be training him??

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TheSquaredCircle Mon 21 Aug 2017, 3:03 pm

Intriguing........will he get Eddie on the blower or will he be thanking Al Haymon in his post fight interviews?!?

TheSquaredCircle

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 21 Aug 2017, 5:12 pm

Word is he has turned down an offer from Matchroom, though he had another fight left on his Cyclone contract. Not sure if getting paid for the Gutierrez fight fulfils that on his contract.

Can't be a coincidence that LSC/Mares is cancelled then a few days later Frampton announces he is leaving Cyclone, my money is on Haymon having played everyone

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 21 Aug 2017, 8:07 pm

Don't think he's going to Hearn, we all saw what happened with Selby/Hearn when Haymon became involved so can't see it while big Al is still around

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Tue 05 Sep 2017, 9:51 am

Carl Frampton has revealed he split with Cyclone Promotions in order to get the "big fights" he craves before the end of his career.

Frampton confirmed the end of his relationship with Barry McGuigan last month and is considering a number of different options.

"It has been difficult," he told the Irish News.

"I had a great relationship with all the McGuigans.

"Barry has been a great friend and mentor to me, Shane McGuigan as well – I was at their weddings, they were at my wedding.

"But I just felt it was time for me to develop my career. I had great times with them and I did a lot of good things with them, we had some amazing nights that I’ll never forget.

"But I took a decision that for me to develop my career and get the big fights that I want, I had to move on.

"I want to do my own thing and that’s it, to take my career to the next level I want to move on."

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 20 Sep 2017, 10:44 am

So Frampton has signed up with Macklin and Moore.

I'm not sure what went on with the McGuigans but always saw that loyalty they had to each other as a key ingredient in their success, so pretty disappointed in the way this has played out.

Fair enough Frampton is getting on and wants to maximize his earnings but this does look like a bad move at this point in his career.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by LionsV2 Wed 20 Sep 2017, 10:47 am

This move isn't going to help his exposure and might even make it harder to make the big fights unless they work closely with Hearn.

LionsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 20 Sep 2017, 11:08 am

Macklin is just an advisor, still on the look out for a promoter which is strange.

Think the Gutierrez fight is at the centre of the McGuigan fallout and Framptons ambitions have gotten the better of him. He wants the Windsor fight but the timing meant it wouldn't happen this year plus the big names in the division were tied up already so left very little open to him

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 20 Sep 2017, 11:55 am

marty2086 wrote:
Think the Gutierrez fight is at the centre of the McGuigan fallout and Framptons ambitions have gotten the better of him.

Something definitely went wrong behind the scenes there, clearly Frampon had no interest in the fight, to miss weight in only his 3rd fight at FW shows he didn't prepare and the way it was called off looks even more suspicious now than it did back then.

Clearly Frampton felt Cyclone couldn't get him the fights he wanted but it was a pretty abrupt fall out given how successful the partnership had gone until that point, it seemed like a bit of a knee jerk response to the LSC loss and failure to get the rematch.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 20 Sep 2017, 12:14 pm

I said at the time I thought Haymon played Frampton, its no coincidence that LSC/Mares was thrown together in a rush only to be cancelled with LSC now fighting Avalos and Gutierrez getting a title match with Mares.

The weight issues in hindsight look like a consequence of the whole debacle over the fight though Frampton did put on more weight than usual after the defeat to LSC and they left the weight cut late.

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 22 Sep 2017, 6:25 pm

I think there's a high probability the split was down to money. It's no secret that Frampton has been paid below what he was worth (terrestrial TV just doesn't generate enough cash). I wouldn't be at all surprised if his best payday was still Quigg.

He's now signed with MTK (who've collared just about every Irish fighter going). Despite their shady links, they look after their stable very well.

The downside of jettisoning Cyclone is losing Shane McGuigan - thought they were a perfect fit.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 22 Sep 2017, 6:44 pm

I heard Quigg was easily his best pay day. Think he got a decent one in Vegas too.

Most likely over money. But could part of it be, maybe he thought Shane took him as far as he can go?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 22 Sep 2017, 8:02 pm

The split was down to not getting a big summer fight as for Frampton getting paid below what he is worth, he was a director in Cyclone so was getting a double pay day so the success of the company and other fighters was good for him.

The two Santa Cruz fights were his best pay days and a third fight probably would have earned him more than the first two combined, the same for LSC.

MTK are not signed up as promoters for Frampton, they are advisers in his search for a promoter. That could be because he is still under contract to Cyclone and they haven't finalised the termination but odds are on him going alone

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 22 Sep 2017, 8:29 pm

marty2086 wrote:The split was down to not getting a big summer fight as for Frampton getting paid below what he is worth, he was a director in Cyclone so was getting a double pay day so the success of the company and other fighters was good for him.

The two Santa Cruz fights were his best pay days and a third fight probably would have earned him more than the first two combined, the same for LSC.

MTK are not signed up as promoters for Frampton, they are advisers in his search for a promoter. That could be because he is still under contract to Cyclone and they haven't finalised the termination but odds are on him going alone

Quigg remains his best payday to date. Yep, MTK manage just about every Irish fighter going (and the managers of those they don't are constantly looking over their shoulders).

Frampton's legal team are adamant he's free of any promotional deal, however, that seems to conflict with the board's position. Looks like his management deal with Barry has been nixed (hence MTK).

He knocks about with Barnes and Conlan - must have been difficult seeing what a 3 fight novice is being paid via MTK/Top Rank.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down