The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TMT Promotions.

+5
eddyfightfan
owen10ozzy
Rowley
azania
hampo17
9 posters

Go down

TMT Promotions. Empty TMT Promotions.

Post by hampo17 Tue 31 Jul 2012, 6:59 pm

Rumours on twitter that they've bought out Mannys contract from Arum. Seems a surprising move if true but could bring the PBF vs PAC fight alot closer.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

TMT Promotions. Empty Re: TMT Promotions.

Post by azania Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:01 pm

Pointless fight now imo.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:02 pm

Great input as ever Az Wink still the only fight out there for either of them.

They're building a decent stable there now and are apparently wanting to bring loaded cards back which is great news.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:04 pm

Hampo forgive my ignorance but who are TMT?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:05 pm

I don't think so. Manny has shot his bolt and has been shown up as not being as good as many thought. As soon as he came up against someone who didn't stand there to be hit, he didn't look as good.

I have good feelings about TMT. Floyd talks a lot about boxer's rights and pay. Now the onus will be on him to live up to his word.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:05 pm

The Money Team. Fiddy cents is involved. Promoters.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:09 pm

They've now got Judah, Berto, Dirrell, Gamboa, Dibbs, and Caballero.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:16 pm

This wouldn't surprise me if it was pure publicity in order to get some notice and column inches over in the states.

They have spoken of wanting to change boxing and follow the route of MMA with stacked out cards and the whole point of the company is that the fighters are a part of the company...not just as fighters but as businessmen who look after their own interests. This rather than the method of managers/promoters taking large chunks of the fighters purse etc...

On paper it's a great idea...however lets see if this is what will happen when 50 realises just how much money their is to be made by 'promoters'. If it was just a case of the company being run by himself then I would actually hold out hope due to the fact his other business ventures have been hugely successful..the problem however is that come Friday when Floyd gets out of jail he will also be at the forefront of the company...and for me that spells bad news.

We shall wait and see though...of course this could go completely wrong and make boxing worse rather than better unless the likes of Goldenboy etc agree to work with TMT....

If they dont then we will have ourselves 3 major promotion companies with in house fighting..and that would most certainly be bad news!!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:18 pm

They'll start of with stacked cards and quickly revert to the norm. That's how GBP started also.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:25 pm

azania wrote:They'll start of with stacked cards and quickly revert to the norm. That's how GBP started also.

Therein lies the problem, makes sense to stack cards to start with, gets your relationship with HBO established and buys you a lot of good will from the fans. However when you have those things and are putting on a fight that is going to sell solely based on the main event the temptation to scrimp on the undercard is seemingly one that most find hard to resist, K2 take this to almost ridiculous extremes in Germany where their idea of an undecard appears to be an eliminator for the German Cruiserweight title and a couple of songs from the Skorpions.

That said the idea of trying to create something along the UFC model in boxing can't hurt, would struggle to see how the situation could be worse than it is currently however would seriously question if Mayweather and 0.31828p are the men to do it, too moeny orientated and egotistical to truly act out of altruism.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:30 pm

rowley wrote:
azania wrote:They'll start of with stacked cards and quickly revert to the norm. That's how GBP started also.

Therein lies the problem, makes sense to stack cards to start with, gets your relationship with HBO established and buys you a lot of good will from the fans. However when you have those things and are putting on a fight that is going to sell solely based on the main event the temptation to scrimp on the undercard is seemingly one that most find hard to resist, K2 take this to almost ridiculous extremes in Germany where their idea of an undecard appears to be an eliminator for the German Cruiserweight title and a couple of songs from the Skorpions.

That said the idea of trying to create something along the UFC model in boxing can't hurt, would struggle to see how the situation could be worse than it is currently however would seriously question if Mayweather and 0.31828p are the men to do it, too moeny orientated and egotistical to truly act out of altruism.

clap Couldn't have said it better myself Rowley. For me I can see them being the same as Arum, but unlike the slinky sly little rat in the background keeping his head down, Money & 50 will do it in front of the camera's because that is where they love being...I am trying not to look at it negatively and really do hope I am proved wrong but based on the personality of the two people in question I can't look past this as being anything but a sideshow to keep their names in the spotlight and make some big bucks.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:24 pm

im excited about this, from what i read about it, they are looking for 5 fighters (floyd included) to fight on the same night instead of empty stadiums during the undercard. sounds fesible to me, it works for ufc and they are pulling record numbers every time.

i hope it puts pressure on the rest of the promoters

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:26 pm

and as for the manny floyd fight, waaay to late, manny isnt even a champion, coming of a defeat (dont start with the robbery), manny would get pasted and him and roach no this. 3-4 years ago it would have been epic, now id rather see floyd v alzerez or martinez and manny v marquez again

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 31 Jul 2012, 9:16 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:im excited about this, from what i read about it, they are looking for 5 fighters (floyd included) to fight on the same night instead of empty stadiums during the undercard. sounds fesible to me, it works for ufc and they are pulling record numbers every time.

i hope it puts pressure on the rest of the promoters

Whenever Floyd fights, the under card has been dire. He wants and gets all the money.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Wed 01 Aug 2012, 6:34 am

rowley wrote:

Some people check boxrec before posting. Not rowley. He checks xe.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Wed 01 Aug 2012, 8:03 am

alma wrote:Surely it should be £0.31, not 0.31p?

You're right on the money there alma.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Aug 2012, 8:22 am

Very well spotted Alma, and Il am more of an oanda man myself but each to their own

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 01 Aug 2012, 8:30 am

rowley wrote:Hampo forgive my ignorance but who are TMT?

Laugh

Sorry Jeff but if there was one person on the whole boxing forum that wouldn't know this answer, my money would have been on you!

No offense old boy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Aug 2012, 8:52 am

alma wrote:Oanda?

Oanda.com, similar to xe, a forex trading website, but also has a rather wonderful currency conversion facility.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 01 Aug 2012, 10:01 am

I thought they were a home delivery company.

50 cent as a boxing oh dear what on earth is happening, every cloud tho hopefully this will mean he'll not have time to make that utter rubbish he classes as music.
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 10:08 am

I thought someone had incorrectly typed the acronym for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...and to be honest, I'd rather see them promoting boxing that the massive inflated ego-fest of "Fiddy and Floydy" (or FAF) as I have just named them.

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 01 Aug 2012, 10:15 am

Writing them off before they begin is a bit silly, hopefully they'll keep their word and stack the cards. People saying Floyd wants the money for himself are right, however as he's part of the promotion company he'll still get majority of the cash.

Honestly I'd rather see if they can put together a decent company (judging by 50 cents previous business ventures he'll do all he can to make it a success) rather than watch any more rubbish from Top Rank.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 10:21 am

You know as well as everyone else Hampo that Floyd's face will figure so prominently that people will have no idea who's actually fighting. No-one wants or needs Fiddy showing his face at these events as it will only encourage the likes of PUFF, PUFFY, P PUFFY, PUFF DADDY, FLUFFY WUFFY or whatever the **** he calls himself these days to get involved. Then you have announcements like, "Comin' atcha like da bomb, brought to you by FAF we got FIDDY v DIDDY in da HOOOOOOUUUUUUUSSSEEEEE!"

or something.......

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 01 Aug 2012, 10:23 am

i dont think the standard has been set that high for quality undercards, so the cant really fail unless there out and out lying. both floyd and fiddy are LOADED so i cant see this just been a money spinner for them. floyd might be considering this his retirement fund/career

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Wed 01 Aug 2012, 10:32 am

alma wrote:Ah I see. Never been into trading forex. Everyone else seems to be though!

Laugh ......Hahahaha!
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 01 Aug 2012, 10:51 am

hampo171 wrote:Writing them off before they begin is a bit silly, hopefully they'll keep their word and stack the cards. People saying Floyd wants the money for himself are right, however as he's part of the promotion company he'll still get majority of the cash.

Honestly I'd rather see if they can put together a decent company (judging by 50 cents previous business ventures he'll do all he can to make it a success) rather than watch any more rubbish from Top Rank.

Many criticise top rank without mentioning GBP who are as bad if not worse than Top Rank, for in house poor matchups

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Aug 2012, 10:54 am

Just as an aside how does Floyd reconcile his ongoing quest to rid the sport of drugs with signing Berto?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:02 am

rowley wrote:Just as an aside how does Floyd reconcile his ongoing quest to rid the sport of drugs with signing Berto?

Floyd and his fans, will convert Berto into a recluse and maintain they've cleansed him and cleaned up the sport.

All roads lead to ect

rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:04 am

Rodney wrote:
rowley wrote:Just as an aside how does Floyd reconcile his ongoing quest to rid the sport of drugs with signing Berto?

Floyd and his fans, will convert Berto into a recluse and maintain they've cleansed him and cleaned up the sport.

All roads lead to ect

rodders

Thanks for clearing that up Rodders for a worrying moment I thought he might be full of it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:15 am

Maybe they'll just play him a load of FIDDY's music until he promises to never do it again.

The fact that they called themselves "The MONEY Team" should give you a clue as to where their priorities lie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:16 am

DAVE667 wrote:Maybe they'll just play him a load of FIDDY's music until he promises to never do it again.

Am fairly sure they could get me to promise never to drink (or eat for that matter) within about three songs.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:21 am

i dont know why they've signed judah either. he has nothing left really.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:34 am

eddyfightfan wrote:i dont know why they've signed judah either. he has nothing left really.

maybes theyre are trying to get every bell end in boxing under one roof? I'm sure Adrien Broner won't be far behind in joining.

Cheers

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

TMT Promotions. Empty TMT

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:37 am

rowley wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Maybe they'll just play him a load of FIDDY's music until he promises to never do it again.

Am fairly sure they could get me to promise never to drink (or eat for that matter) within about three songs.

THREE songs, you're made of stern stuff Rowley. I'm ready to sign a confession just at the mention of it.

BTW, when I reply to a topic as above where I've quoted you, the post title bar is blank and won't allow me to post until I fill it in. Clearly there's some technical glitch but I don't know what it is, can you advise?

PS "Fill it in manually you lazy git" won't be considered helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:38 am

DAVE667 wrote:

PS "Fill it in manually you lazy git" won't be considered helpful

Will ask someone else?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:39 am

It's certainly politer...if not exactly helpful

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:41 am

I've asked around mate, will come back to you if anyone knows

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:43 am

computer says no

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:58 am

Thanks eddy, you're a MASSIVE......help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 01 Aug 2012, 12:06 pm

It might be time to upgrade that Spectrum 48k, Dave ?

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 01 Aug 2012, 12:10 pm

Apparently the best anyone can come up with is clear your cookies, although am not sure if that is some subtle reference to your tea making duties or a real computer thing.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 01 Aug 2012, 12:14 pm

it means stop letting all the crumbs drop into your laptop when your banging down those hobnobs

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 12:19 pm

I do it on a regular basis as it's the work's computer I use (tsk tsk). Only just started happening over the last couple of weeks.

Rodders, any upgrade would be TO a 48k spectrum

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 01 Aug 2012, 12:32 pm

DAVE667 wrote:I do it on a regular basis as it's the work's computer I use (tsk tsk). Only just started happening over the last couple of weeks.

Rodders, any upgrade would be TO a 48k spectrum

Ask your boss, see if he/she knows ?
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 12:53 pm

Rodders, the idea that someone could be my superior is, quite frankly, preposterous.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down