The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+11
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
superflyweight
ShahenshahG
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Galted
Adam D
15 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 20 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Adam D Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:23 am

First topic message reminder :

As the old thread is reaching its max again, I thought I would set up a whole new 20 spare pages for you all to talk about things neither cultural or Cup based.

Not that it makes a difference.

All anthropod, cortex and mild stereotyping of northerners welcome in here.

Just don't ask about the 2014 cup competition though.

Last edited by Adam D on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 20 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Sun 09 Mar 2014, 7:26 pm

"Soma"

Nothing left to say
And all I've left to do
Is run away
From you
And she led me on, down
With secrets I can't keep

Close your eyes and sleep
Don't wait up for me
Hush now don't you speak
To me

Wrapped my hurt in you
And took my shelter in that pain
The opiate of blame
Is your broken heart, your heart

So now I'm all by myself
As I've always felt
I'll betray my tears
To anyone caught in our ruse of fools

One last kiss from me...yeah
One last kiss good night

Didn't want to lose you once again
Didn't want to be your friend
Fulfilled a promise made of tin
And crawled back to you

I'm all by myself
As I've always felt
I'll betray myself
To anyone, lost, anyone but you

So let the sadness come again
On that you can depend on me, yeah
Until the bitter, bitter end of the world, yeah
When god sleeps in bliss

And I'm all by myself
As I've always felt
And I'll betray myself
To anyone

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 20 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 09 Mar 2014, 7:55 pm

Did steffan send that to you after the match

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 09 Mar 2014, 8:15 pm

Ive promised myself that i will one day figure out just what the hell is happening on this thread...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Sun 09 Mar 2014, 8:22 pm

kingraf wrote:Ive promised myself that i will one day figure out just what the hell is happening on this thread...

Ja bro. Feeling the Varb.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 09 Mar 2014, 9:13 pm

kingraf wrote:Ive promised myself that i will one day figure out just what the hell is happening on this thread...

If you ever do raf please let the rest of us in on it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 09 Mar 2014, 9:30 pm

Rowley wrote:

If you ever do raf please let the rest of us in on it.

I always thought we were here to assuage Tinos misery at domestic abuse.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun 09 Mar 2014, 10:25 pm

People are posting here on a Sunday evening. My equilibrium is disturbed.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 10 Mar 2014, 7:25 am

Gave the new shoelaces quite a workout - walking around Bath for the whole of Saturday and Wimbledon for most of Sunday. So far they've held up pretty well, no snapping or fraying though the left Hi-Tec still squeaks like a mouse does when you put it in a JD Sports bag-for-life and stuff it behind the radiator. I'm feeling really positive about the new laces and get the impression they could turn out to be quite a shrewd investment.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 10 Mar 2014, 7:35 am

Watched Captain Philips this weekend, enjoyed it. Not particularly exciting news but when Galted opens with a lace based zinger like that was always going to be hard to follow up.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 10 Mar 2014, 7:50 am

Sorry, Jeff, should have toned it down a bit. Saw Lost in Translation yesterday if that's any consolation, wasn't very good. Was suitably impressed with your top 10 films, obviously not going to gush as that wouldn't be very film-snobbish but I did nod respectfully at some of the choices.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 10 Mar 2014, 8:03 am

I watched Walking with Dinosaurs on Saturday. It was f*cking ace.

I'm sure all the millions of film snobs around the world (not including Jeff and Galted) will hate it, but that is probably because they actually hate themselves and need an outlet for their self loathing.

Lovely stuff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 10 Mar 2014, 8:04 am

Galted wrote:Gave the new shoelaces quite a workout - walking around Bath for the whole of Saturday and Wimbledon for most of Sunday.  So far they've held up pretty well, no snapping or fraying though the left Hi-Tec still squeaks like a mouse does when you put it in a JD Sports bag-for-life and stuff it behind the radiator.  I'm feeling really positive about the new laces and get the impression they could turn out to be quite a shrewd investment.

How was Bath? I love that place. Reminds me of Chester, similar sort of look and vibe.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 10 Mar 2014, 8:14 am

Really attractive city, wasn't there for nearly long enough.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 10 Mar 2014, 8:18 am

Didn't know that there was a Walking With Dinosaurs film, got quite excited there for a moment but saw that it features voices. I just don't understand why we need people involved in dinosaur films unless they're part of the CGI team.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 10 Mar 2014, 8:21 am

In Bath, there was (is?) the San Francisco Fudge Factory - delicious fudge with a very unusual soft texture. If I had Galted's powers of gastronomic description, I could do it justice. But I don't, so I can't.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 10 Mar 2014, 8:27 am

Galted wrote:Didn't know that there was a Walking With Dinosaurs film, got quite excited there for a moment but saw that it features voices.  I just don't understand why we need people involved in dinosaur films unless they're part of the CGI team.

It is a kids film.  You could probably take kids from about 5 onwards and they would get lots from it, educationally and emotionally.  They would get practically nothing from it if it had no characters and especially no narration.  

If it was aimed at teenagers or young adults then it wouldn't need any voice-overs but it's not.  It is one for the family.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 10 Mar 2014, 8:36 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:It is one for the family.

Lots of head-butting?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 10 Mar 2014, 8:38 am

Watched Captain Phillips on Friday. Expected it to be more than just an action thriller.

Leathered yesterday, can't remember posting on here....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 10 Mar 2014, 8:41 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:It is one for the family.

Lots of head-butting?

Laugh 

Sh*t loads of it, Jules. The pachyrhinosaurus use their massive, armored noggins in combat with each other so there must have been about 50 headbutts in the film.

I shifted uneasily in my chair throughout.....

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 10 Mar 2014, 8:47 am

Galted wrote:Sorry, Jeff, should have toned it down a bit.  Saw Lost in Translation yesterday if that's any consolation, wasn't very good.  Was suitably impressed with your top 10 films, obviously not going to gush as that wouldn't be very film-snobbish but I did nod respectfully at some of the choices.

You should have gushed Galted, firstly it would have annoyed Michaels and it would have given me the validation I constantly seek and need. Is a win, win situation.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 10 Mar 2014, 8:58 am

I've just unleashed 12 cans of John Smiths and a beef vindaloo. Not pretty.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 10 Mar 2014, 9:05 am

seanmichaels wrote:I've just unleashed 12 cans of John Smiths and a beef vindaloo. Not pretty.....

Not sure why this reminds me but I tried the King William pub/restaurant when I was in Bath.  Did want to dislike it but it wasn't bad.  Was in a bit of a rush, unfortunately, so could only have a main and the cheese board but I was stupified that they managed to make broccoli not only edible, but enjoyable.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 10 Mar 2014, 9:22 am

Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:I've just unleashed 12 cans of John Smiths and a beef vindaloo. Not pretty.....

Not sure why this reminds me but I tried the King William pub/restaurant when I was in Bath.  Did want to dislike it but it wasn't bad.  Was in a bit of a rush, unfortunately, so could only have a main and the cheese board but I was stupified that they managed to make broccoli not only edible, but enjoyable.

When I cook I like to perk up veg and often find this is neglected when you go out. At the KW pub I remember the roast potatoes and veg tasting like nothing I'd had before. Think it was red cabbage and a carrot with roast pork belly.

What did you have? Small place isn't it?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 10 Mar 2014, 9:32 am

We had the Chicken, broccoli cheese, puy lentils, wild mushrooms and the Cod, lemon & caper potatoes, chicory, crab sauce.  Agree with you about vegetables, their function normally is nothing more than making the plate look pretty but that wasn't the case here.  The place is tiny but it's quaint tiny rather than uncomfortable tiny and the staff were very amiable, the only vague criticism is that it has a sh1tty view.  We'll probably be going back to Bath soonish so will make the effort to get there early enough for lunch.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 10 Mar 2014, 9:46 am

Rowley wrote:Watched Captain Philips this weekend, enjoyed it. Not particularly exciting news but when Galted opens with a lace based zinger like that was always going to be hard to follow up.

Me too, funnily enough.

Really enjoyed the film, but am not sure quite what everyone was raving about. Think the American-Somali lad has been a little over-rated also. Hanks excellent though.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 10 Mar 2014, 9:50 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Rowley wrote:Watched Captain Philips this weekend, enjoyed it. Not particularly exciting news but when Galted opens with a lace based zinger like that was always going to be hard to follow up.

Me too, funnily enough.

Really enjoyed the film, but am not sure quite what everyone was raving about.  Think the American-Somali lad has been a little over-rated also.  Hanks excellent though.

Yes. Just an action thriller. Not that much different to Under Seige with Hanks in Seagal's place

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 10 Mar 2014, 9:54 am

Watched, the empire strikes back. What a pile of Poopie.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 10 Mar 2014, 9:56 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Watched, the empire strikes back. What a pile of Poopie.

Cobblers. One of the best films made. Start seen awesome. Had Bobba Fet's spaceship when I was young

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 10 Mar 2014, 9:59 am

It was just Poopie - it was like a Bollywood movie with a similar dearth in acting talent.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 10 Mar 2014, 9:59 am

Haha well, I think that's being a little unfair..........equating Tom Hanks to a guy with the acting ability of a bed post!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 10 Mar 2014, 12:01 pm

Bit tranquil on here today.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 10 Mar 2014, 12:16 pm

I'm in Leeds today, jeff and I'm tranquil because the weather's much lovelier than in Edinburgh.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 10 Mar 2014, 12:21 pm

As a Scot you are one of the few people who can visit Yorkshire and not consider yourself to be slumming it.

Leeds is nice to be fair though as far as city centres go.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 10 Mar 2014, 12:24 pm

Maybe in comparison to Rotherham, jeff, but I live in Edinburgh. Leeds looks like dog sh*t on a stick in comparison.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 10 Mar 2014, 12:30 pm

superflyweight wrote:Maybe in comparison to Rotherham, jeff, but I live in Edinburgh.  Leeds looks like dog sh*t on a stick in comparison.  

I watched a programme about Edinburgh t'other night, super. It was called Strippers and was about strippers.

There were 3 lap dancing clubs all on this junction within about 20 yards of each other. The locals had given it a snazzy name like 'fanny junction' or something similar.

Do you know where I mean?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 10 Mar 2014, 12:31 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Maybe in comparison to Rotherham, jeff, but I live in Edinburgh.  Leeds looks like dog sh*t on a stick in comparison.  

I watched a programme about Edinburgh t'other night, super.  It was called Strippers and was about strippers.

There were 3 lap dancing clubs all on this junction within about 20 yards of each other.  The locals had given it a snazzy name like 'fanny junction' or something similar.

And if so, can you send directions?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 10 Mar 2014, 12:32 pm

We have asylum claimants from Baghdad currently in Rotherham saving the air fare to get home superfly.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 10 Mar 2014, 12:34 pm

I watched a programme about Edinburgh t'other night, super.  It was called Strippers and was about strippers.

There were 3 lap dancing clubs all on this junction within about 20 yards of each other.  The locals had given it a snazzy name like 'fanny junction' or something similar.

Was that not in Glasgow...???

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 10 Mar 2014, 12:39 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Was that not in Glasgow...???

Nope, I think the first one was Glasgow, then Edinburgh and the last one is about Aberdeen.

So I am told anyway.......

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 10 Mar 2014, 12:47 pm

I went to a strip club in Shoreditch a few years back.  It was one of those ones where the lady walked around with a pint glass before her dance and you had to chuck in 50p.  I only had a one pound coin so I asked her for change (maybe it was £1 a dance and I only had a £2 coin) but she told me to f*ck off.  One of my mates knocked his beer over and we immediatly had a plague of apes in suits surrounding the table wanting to chuck us out.  Was dying for a p1ss the whole time I was there but was too scared of getting jizz on me in the bogs to go so couldn't really enjoy myself. The strippers were pretty fit, though.

Last edited by Galted on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to mention that the strippers were pretty fit, though.)

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 10 Mar 2014, 12:48 pm

It's in Edinburgh and it's called the "Pubic Triangle". Is about 5 minutes from my work and there's always a distressing smell of lube hanging over the area.

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.forum?t=52509

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20