The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

elimination chamber (spoilers)

+19
JoshSansom
CenaNuff
RanjitPatel
The Best in the World
Dolphin Ziggler
Hero
psycho-gooner
Nakatomi Plaza
Looseheaded
NickisBHAFC
Kay Fabe
Good Golly I'm Olly
Mr H
Crimey
andy_14clark
Samo
bretmeharty
imprettyfly
JamesLincs
23 posters

Go down

elimination chamber (spoilers) Empty elimination chamber (spoilers)

Post by JamesLincs Mon 24 Feb 2014, 11:54 am

thought i might aswell start a thread for last nghts event..

just watched wyatts v shield. absolutely brilliant. they might aswell be the main event as its more exciting watching these two groups than anyone else.

about to watch chamber match, which will no doubt let me down

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

elimination chamber (spoilers) Empty Re: elimination chamber (spoilers)

Post by JamesLincs Mon 24 Feb 2014, 11:55 am

just fast forwarded to batista match and the crowd hate it. just minutes after they were all over the wyatts/shield

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Feb 2014, 12:09 pm

The Shield/Wyatts match is one of the finest tag matches I've ever seen. Loved everything about it.

I'm really warming to the character that is Dean Ambrose but I've always had a thing for nutjobs!

I won't spoil the Chamber result for you James  OK 

Back to top Go down

Post by imprettyfly Mon 24 Feb 2014, 12:11 pm

"Bootista, Bootista, Bootista"

The Chamber match is quite good!

imprettyfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon 24 Feb 2014, 12:20 pm

skipped most of the chamber as it was too predictable. as was the whole ppv as you will see by the predictions thread i got them all for the main show. 6 man tag was always gunna steal it and so it proved. great stuff

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Feb 2014, 12:41 pm

The Chamber match was a bit of a slow burner but soon picked up. As soon as Kane entered the fray we all knew what was coming.

I think the multiple shots of disappointed fans and Cole's subsequent commentary was telling, for me anyway.

I'm leaning towards a triple threat at Mania.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Feb 2014, 1:14 pm

how would they set it up ypu reckon?

after last night (although I havent seen it yet) id imagine bryan v kane is nailed on for mania. Am I roght in saying this was the final stop PPV wise?

unless Bryan pulls double duty and if he beats Kane earlier on the card then he gets added to the title match

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Feb 2014, 1:19 pm

The only thing I can think of is that Bryan and Kane square off on Raw with a Bryan win cementing his spot in the Championship match. How they specifically book that I've no idea.

If, IF Orton v Batista is the show closer then we are in for a boo-fest. Batista was shockingly bad last night.

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 24 Feb 2014, 1:29 pm

This is where I have to give Cena the most amount of credit and probably the one of the main reasons he has had the top spot for so long. Cena would be professional as they come and would do his job regardless of the crowd reaction and wouldn't let it affect him on camera.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 24 Feb 2014, 1:35 pm

I think the potential of Bryan vs HHH would make Bryan vs Kane a let down. Im sure they could pull off a good match, but its not as big a payoff, could save it for Extreme Rules.

If Batista vs Orton is the Main Event im not buying. Batista could barely get through a 7 minute match with Del Rio without spending 2 thirds of it catching his breath.

I thought the crowd showed the problems the WWE has with its undercard. Only 2 matches got any real kind of reaction, and I bet that the Rhodes Brothers would have got a decent reaction aswell. Every other match just got dumped on. Your upper card can only carry you so far, they need to start putting the time and effort into booking the under card aswell.

Cena vs Wyatt at Mania looks a dead cert now. Im praying to the gods that Wyatt goes over. I dont think Cena would have a problem putting him over, so management need to pull the trigger.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by andy_14clark Mon 24 Feb 2014, 1:37 pm

I can see Orton v Batista being one of the worst main events at Wrestlemania ever. However i think the fans are horrendous booing as they did. Bryan can't be in every main event although i believe the move to put Batista in there was a bad move. I don't like Orton, hate him as a wrestler and has no personality. I think Bryan needs to be in the main event just to stop the booing from happening but there isn't really a way to bring him in especially as he is battling with Kane then that would just have been pointless from the start.

Wyatt's vs Shield last night was by far the best match. There needs to be more like that. I also thought the Big E v Swagger match was quite decent.

I think Cesaro and Reigns need to be pushed on this year as they are great in ring.

Who does Undertaker fight at Wrestlemania? For me i think Bray Wyatt would be the one to go with as for me there isn't really anyone to go with for it.
andy_14clark
andy_14clark

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 24 Feb 2014, 1:39 pm

I can't see anything but Kane vs. Bryan now and Orton vs. Batista, Lesnar vs. Undertaker, Cena vs. Wyatt which ties up most of the big names.

I thought The Shield vs. Wyatt match was fantastic, considering they have 18 months experience as groups in WWE combined they looked like they'd been doing it for years. Easily best match on the card.

The Chamber match was good, it had a lot of good spots and I thought everybody came out of the match looking good. Just a disappointingly predictable ending really. I just don't know what WWE think is going to happen with an Orton/Batista main event? Surely they're going to have to have a different match on last?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon 24 Feb 2014, 1:45 pm

love the idea of wyatt facing taker. wyatts on an incredible run atm. would it do him more good than bad even if he was to lose to taker?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 24 Feb 2014, 1:50 pm

Given how the card is shaping up I wont be buying Mania this year. Surely they wouldn't put Orton/Batista on last, would they?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Feb 2014, 1:53 pm

Can anyone see a Punk return in the coming weeks?

I've read that Vince was quoted as saying he's "taking a sabbatical"...

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 24 Feb 2014, 1:55 pm

Next weeks Raw is in Chicago, and I'll go on record as saying CM Punk will return then.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 24 Feb 2014, 2:39 pm

Can totally see a kinda WM25 situation where the actual main event is overshadowed/gets a worse reaction than the preceding matches.

Orton isn't great I can accept him doing it. Batista is just awful.

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 24 Feb 2014, 2:51 pm

I loved the commentary at the end, Michael Cole hasn't been so hot since the late 90s

I'm definitely seeing Bryan being added to the Title Match, I don't like Batista and never have but its not even remotely biased to say he shouldn't be anywhere near the position he is in, he isn't a Rock and never will be, I think whoever made this Decision had an ideal of Batista in their mind and they juat point blank refused to vary from it, some people might say thats an endearing quality to have while others wont.

Cesaro is just an absolute machine, they'll struggle to keep him heel much longer, particularly with the next PPV being WrestleMania...

Is The Shield the best thing to happen to WWE in the last 12 years? The reaction most of their matches get and all of their PPV matches get has been unrivaled for consistency since they showed up, the emotion they stir in the fans whether its in favour or against them is unbelievable, fans buy into their matches, they're absolute Gold together, if I was WWE I wouldn't be in a rush to split them juat yet, each have so much about them individually that they're good enough to go it alone, I think all 3 will win the World Title within the next 5 years too but I just think that theres still so much more to be done with them as a faction for the time being, that being said I do expect them to split and Ambrose disappearing last night could be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by andy_14clark Mon 24 Feb 2014, 3:06 pm

Crimey wrote:I can't see anything but Kane vs. Bryan now and Orton vs. Batista, Lesnar vs. Undertaker, Cena vs. Wyatt which ties up most of the big names.

I thought The Shield vs. Wyatt match was fantastic, considering they have 18 months experience as groups in WWE combined they looked like they'd been doing it for years. Easily best match on the card.

The Chamber match was good, it had a lot of good spots and I thought everybody came out of the match looking good. Just a disappointingly predictable ending really. I just don't know what WWE think is going to happen with an Orton/Batista main event? Surely they're going to have to have a different match on last?

Those are the way the matches are lining up. HHH is the only big name left really but there isn't anyone left to put him against except Punk. I hope Cesaro vs Sheamus is put on the Wrestlemania card as those 2 would put on a hell of a match.

There will be additional title matches but who goes up against Big E and The New Age Outlaws?

I think there needs to be some split with The Shield. Ambrose has made the US title so far pointless as he doesn't defend it against anyone so it isn't even needed. And the way the card is panning out i can possibly see this happening in the next few weeks as they will not be left out of the card.
andy_14clark
andy_14clark

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 24 Feb 2014, 3:43 pm

I think the mania card, all depends on what happens with CM Punk. If he returns, he will face HHH, and Bryan will be added to the title match. If not, then Bryan will get HHH i recon, with a stipulation of being the number one contender at the next PPV. I expect to see Daniel Bryan vs Kane on a Raw in the build up to Wrestle Mania.

The shield vs the Wyatt family was bluddy amazing. Just an incredible match. So many spots. Personal favorite was when Luke Harper dived out of the ring. Bray Wyatt's face when, Reigns was getting out of sister abigal, was brilliant. Also enjoyed it when Ambrose and Wyatt went into the crowd, looked like they were actually knocking blocks out of each other, something you rarely see, unless Lesnar is involved. 

The Chamber match i actually thought was really good. Cesaro was excellent. Can see Sheamus vs Christian at Wrestle Mania. Good booking as well IMO. The Wyatt's coming in and pretty much confirming the match with Cena at Wrestle Mania. Kane coming down was always going to happen, but i didn't actually mind the way they went about it. Obviously when HHH explains what happens, he can say he was there to get the Wyatts away but Bryan assaulted him etc, so its logical. 

Onto Raw. Pop will be huge for Hulk Hogan i recon.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Mon 24 Feb 2014, 4:14 pm

Samo wrote:
Cena vs Wyatt at Mania looks a dead cert now.  Im praying to the gods that Wyatt goes over.  I dont think Cena would have a problem putting him over, so management need to pull the trigger.

agreed, they need to support Wyatt's claims of being this monstrous force by having him go over the top guy they have, that's how you build someone with his sort of character up.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 24 Feb 2014, 4:44 pm

It’s testament to The Shield that having featured in and around the main event scene for well over a year they haven’t even remotely got close to becoming stale. The chemistry between them is unreal and they’ve just got better and better and better. Roman Reigns is red hot and a natural face and with Mania just around the corner I understand why they’d want to pull the trigger on a face turn. I just hope he doesn’t become a corny babyface, he needs to stay badass. I absolutely love the Superman Punch and they way he sets it up. For me that should be his finisher, not the spear. I’ve always been against the idea of a younger up and comer taking the streak but Roman Reigns has an absolutely huge future in the company and if they went with Reigns v Taker I’d be all over Reigns taking the streak. I’d rather Reigns v Taker this year than Lesnar v Taker. I also think it’s more unpredictable.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 24 Feb 2014, 5:48 pm

Does anyone have a link that they could slyly PM me? I fell asleep during the Wyatt entrance Sad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Mon 24 Feb 2014, 6:34 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:I loved the commentary at the end, Michael Cole hasn't been so hot since the late 90s

I'm definitely seeing Bryan being added to the Title Match, I don't like Batista and never have but its not even remotely biased to say he shouldn't be anywhere near the position he is in, he isn't a Rock and never will be, I think whoever made this Decision had an ideal of Batista in their mind and they juat point blank refused to vary from it, some people might say thats an endearing quality to have while others wont.

Cesaro is just an absolute machine,  they'll struggle to keep him heel much longer, particularly with the next PPV being WrestleMania...

Is The Shield the best thing to happen to WWE in the last 12 years? The reaction most of their matches get and all of their PPV matches get has been unrivaled for consistency since they showed up,  the emotion they stir in the fans whether its in favour or against them is unbelievable, fans buy into their matches, they're absolute Gold together, if I was WWE I wouldn't be in a rush to split them juat yet, each have so much about them individually that they're good enough to go it alone, I think all 3 will win the World Title within the next 5 years too but I just think that theres still so much more to be done with them as a faction for the time being, that being said I do expect them to split and Ambrose disappearing last night could be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Agree with everything you've said here. If I was booking Raw tonight I'd have Vince McMahon come out at the start of the show and recognise that both Cena and Bryan were screwed out of winning the title, and book them in the main event of Raw, with the winner being added to the Mania main event. I'd book Bryan to go over.

Cesaro's interesting as he's getting a big face reaction, but I'm not sure they should be turning both him and Reigns in roughly the same period. Personally I'd hold off turning him till about Summerslam.

Regarding the shield, Rollins is the one who interests me the most. I fear he could get lost in the shuffle even though he's just as talented as the other members of the Shield.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Mon 24 Feb 2014, 6:40 pm

Mixed PPV, some great matches, some not so. Chamber match did well to make everyone look strong (bar Orton).

As it's already been said, the 6-man tag match was phenomenal. It worries me that WWE will ruin the character of each member of the Shield once they all go solo.

Also enjoyed Swagger/Big E too  OK 

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 24 Feb 2014, 7:59 pm

Just watched the 6 man tag match and simply put wow. To think that 18 months ago those 6 guys were all in NXT and now are week in week out putting on the best matches in WWE and between the 3 Shield members and Bray have 4 guys that can all easily be carrying the company for the next 10+ years.
These guys are the future of WWE.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 24 Feb 2014, 8:02 pm

That 6 man match is arguably the best ive seen since I started watching again. Sensational

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Mon 24 Feb 2014, 9:14 pm

the six man match was insane. seriously. just phenomenal.

Big E/Swagger was all right too, and the chamber match was decent, albeit a little predictable towards the end
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Mon 24 Feb 2014, 9:17 pm

Has the crowds reaction to Batista's meant that they have to change the main event?
We'll find out if it was planned all along to add another to it but it seems now that even whoever made the decision to give him the title shot would admit that him and Orton cannot carry the main event.

They've made such a big deal of the title over the last few months that the title match surely has to go on last. Just can't see how anyone would think that's a good idea without adding someone else to the match.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by CenaNuff Mon 24 Feb 2014, 10:22 pm

I liked this PPV. The Chamber match was good and there was a point where I thought Bryan might win it. I thought Big E vs Swagger was decent enough but this was all about The Shield vs The Wyatts. Wow. How many times have the Shield stole the night? They are just so god damn good together and really suck you into the match. Some of the spots between Harper and Rollins were brilliant. I love Ambrose's character and Reigns is just so hot right now. It will be a shame when they split up, I can't think of a faction in the last 10 years as good as them apart from Evolution. Maybe.

CenaNuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 24 Feb 2014, 11:00 pm

Nakatomi Plaza wrote:
Kay Fabe wrote:I loved the commentary at the end, Michael Cole hasn't been so hot since the late 90s

Cesaro is just an absolute machine,  they'll struggle to keep him heel much longer, particularly with the next PPV being WrestleMania...

Is The Shield the best thing to happen to WWE in the last 12 years? The reaction most of their matches get and all of their PPV matches get has been unrivaled for consistency since they showed up,  the emotion they stir in the fans whether its in favour or against them is unbelievable, fans buy into their matches, they're absolute Gold together, if I was WWE I wouldn't be in a rush to split them juat yet, each have so much about them individually that they're good enough to go it alone, I think all 3 will win the World Title within the next 5 years too but I just think that theres still so much more to be done with them as a faction for the time being, that being said I do expect them to split and Ambrose disappearing last night could be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Agree with everything you've said here. If I was booking Raw tonight I'd have Vince McMahon come out at the start of the show and recognise that both Cena and Bryan were screwed out of winning the title, and book them in the main event of Raw, with the winner being added to the Mania  main event. I'd book Bryan to go over.

Cesaro's interesting as he's getting a big face reaction, but I'm not sure they should be turning both him and Reigns in roughly the same period. Personally I'd hold off turning him till about Summerslam.

Regarding the shield, Rollins is the one who interests me the most. I fear he could get lost in the shuffle even though he's just as talented as the other members of the Shield.

I love Rollins and agree that he is just as talented if not more so than the other other two, I honestly think he'll be fine, the WWE have been crying out for someone to take that Jeff Hardy role, I think he's infinitely more talented than Hardy and I believe he would smash the hell out of thst type of role

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Feb 2014, 11:04 pm

the 6 man tag was incredible

Ambrose just looks mentally unhinged, he plays his part so well

Obviously Reigns is as hot as andybody right now even if he did get pinned was still made to look a beast

Its all about Rollins for me though. The guy is so gifted and can make something happen from nothing

Obviously the Wyatts did there part as well, the suicide dive from the black haired bearded one was awesome, never expected that

I fear for the WM title match. I think WWE made a mistake of announcing Batistas return. If Batista had entered as a surprise entrant and gone on to win there would be nowhere near as much negativity from the crowd toward him. There is no way that match can go on last unless they add to it, the crowd will be walking out part way through

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 25 Feb 2014, 12:05 am

I think there would be, maybe not at the time of winning, the surprise of the comeback might have got him over but by now apathy would have set in

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 25 Feb 2014, 12:07 am

I can't see a way that DB can't be added to the main event! That may seem like a naive comment but it is primarily down to Batista's fitness - he really doesn't seem in enough shape to be in a one on one match lasting 20+ minutes. I think they will need to add someone else in order to make the match last.

I am guessing that they were expecting Dave's energy levels to be similar to Rocky's, but they really don't seem to be.

My guess is that Kane/Bryan end their feud on a Raw episode and Vince / HH get Bryan into the main event. Potentially after HHH/Steph congratulate themselves on their handpicked main event (i.e. turning Batista heel).

N.B. Cesaro elimination looked brutal! Generally very happy with how they portrayed all six in the Chamber, it is rarely so even.

Aside from that agree with the comments that Wyatts/Shield was magnificent... really seems as though they are going to set up Reigns/Rollins as faces with Ambrose as a heel. I think it is a better use of them and better way to showcase all three than for a Rollins/Ambrose heel tag team.

I guess if Bryan is in the main event then either Punk is returning or maybe Reigns has a top match against HHH. I hope this isn't the case as I think that in a triple threat it is: a) logical booking b) a potential showstealer c) a match that could be remembered for all three for far longer than a Reigns/HHH match.

Personally I don't think that HHH will have a match this year. He is involved in the main event and with Punk going and DB headlining I am not sure that there is a relevant opponent...

My guess of a card:

Main Events
WWE WHC: Orton v Batista v Bryan
Cena v Wyatt
Streak Match: Lesnar v Undertaker
Shield Match: Reigns v Rollins v Ambrose

Undercard
Cesaro v Sheamus
IC/US Title: Big E v Kofi v Christian v Titus O'Neil v Ziggler v Sandow
Tag Titles: NAO v Usos v Harper/Rowan v Rhodes Bros
Rey Mysterio v ADR
Divas Title: AJ + Total Divas Cast

I am also going to guess at a random bonus squash match of:

Big Show + Mark Henry + Hulk Hogan + Warrior against some kind of combo of Rybaxel/3MB...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 25 Feb 2014, 2:06 pm

The Sheild v The Wyatt Family was f*cking awesome. I have already watched it again. Will be keeping that recording for ever!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Tue 25 Feb 2014, 3:17 pm

Same here Shot,watched it again and I MTFO when the Wyatts appeared in the Chamber,I've been watching that a few times,I loved it.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Tue 25 Feb 2014, 4:43 pm

Only just watched this. The Shield vs The Wyatt's was just insanely good, best match I've seen in a long while. I think the build up to it has been great as well, not having them fight each other until the final raw and that was only briefly made the match even better. A lot was expected from the match and I'd say there was a lot of pressure to produce, not only did they do that but they far exceeded expectations.

Ambrose is brilliant, Reigns is hot as hell right now, Rollins was probably the star of the match and Bray Wyatt is one of the best characters the WWE have had in years. I also think that Luke Harper is quite under-rated, does a good job as one of Bray's lackeys. Think it's unlikely to happen soon but would love to see a singles feud between Ambrose and Wyatt in the future.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 25 Feb 2014, 5:03 pm

They all came across as stars on Sunday night.

I think its the only match in history to have "this is awesome" chants before it even started - talk about adding pressure! But they more than delivered. Bray Wyatt right now is my favourite in the WWE right now bar none - apologies to Bryan, Cesaro, Lesnar, Punk (if he returns) but Wyatt just has me captivated whenever he is on screen.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Tue 25 Feb 2014, 6:24 pm

I'd have to say Wyatt is my favourite at the moment too,he's made me mark out twice in as many months and I very rarely do that any more.
They were all electric on Sunday and I'm really excited about the future of each and every one of the 6.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul _E Thu 27 Feb 2014, 9:35 pm

How awesome was Luke Harpers drop kick and suicide dive? there is a youtube clip of him pulling a hurricanerana out the bag! Makes Cena's look like sh**.

Paul _E

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down