The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barker-Sturm Announced: Stuttgart, Dec 7th

+17
Strongback
Seanusarrilius
TopHat24/7
Hammersmith harrier
seanmichaels
DynamiteChris
STC
Scottrf
azania
Small Time
Mind the windows Tino.
TRUSSMAN66
jimdig
catchweight
Rowley
mobilemaster8
KingMonkey
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Barker-Sturm Announced: Stuttgart, Dec 7th - Page 2 Empty Barker-Sturm Announced: Stuttgart, Dec 7th

Post by KingMonkey Wed 02 Oct 2013, 7:18 am

First topic message reminder :

Shame Darren has to travel but that's where the money is apparently. Neutral officials and a two fight deal by all accounts with the return in London in March assuming its viable.

Should be a good fight. 12 rounds written all over it.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Barker-Sturm Announced: Stuttgart, Dec 7th - Page 2 Empty Re: Barker-Sturm Announced: Stuttgart, Dec 7th

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Oct 2013, 1:02 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:The only relevance Floyd has to this (despite your utter infatuation) is that he is so head and shoulders above all his opponents that the scoring should be even easier than normal.

Other than that, the fact CJ Ross is a judging disgrace that should never work again is mutually exclusive from the most recent highlight of her ineptitude being a Floyd fight.
So If she'd have scored the barker-Geale fight 117-111 for Geale she'sd be getting highlighted like this ??

Leave it out..
In two consecutive fights where you could barely give the challenger more than 2 rounds she managed to have Pac losing in one and Floyd drawing in the other.

Put your Floyd shaped dummy back in your mouth.
I'm not Floyd obsessed and you need to calm down.........

Would it be hard to concede that If a referee cocks up in a Torquay-Wrexham game rather than a Utd-Chelsea one he'd get an easier ride...

Or does your love of arguing mean you can't recognise obvious truths......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Barker-Sturm Announced: Stuttgart, Dec 7th - Page 2 Empty Re: Barker-Sturm Announced: Stuttgart, Dec 7th

Post by Scottrf Wed 02 Oct 2013, 1:07 pm

She judged 36 fights between those two consecutive fights...

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 02 Oct 2013, 1:23 pm

Consecutive was the wrong word then. 'Consecutive high profile'.

And Truss, yes the clamour is greater for high profile versus low profile, but that doesn't make you trying to shoe-horn Floyd into anything and everything any more relevant - or a defence of her, which you appeared to be trying on.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Oct 2013, 1:29 pm

Don't try and chuck Mayweather at me because you've lost he point.......

Mayweather is very relevant in this case.......She refereed his fight and because it was Floyd she was hounded more than If it were anyone else.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 02 Oct 2013, 1:35 pm

I'm not chucking him at you???! Erm

You, as always, chucked him totally irrelevantly into the argument.

She got hounded because she did a terrible terrible job and it was the second time in succession she's done that in a high profile fight.

Floyd is irrelevant, if she'd done it in any high profile fight it would have got the same level of attention.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Oct 2013, 1:37 pm

How can he be irrelevant when she scored the fight which involved him we are talking about...

Think you're wumming...... so you have the last word..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 02 Oct 2013, 1:38 pm

I think Sturm has used up all his robberies, tbh. Even the Germans are getting fed up with them when it comes to Sturm so as long as Barker performs, I think he will get the nod. So pleased for Barker. World Champ, making decent money by all accounts. Good for you Dazzler!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Oct 2013, 1:40 pm

Nothing to do with the German fans........more to do with promoters and the alphabet boys wanting the bigger fish to win so they can make good money from him in the future......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 02 Oct 2013, 1:43 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:How can he be irrelevant when she scored the fight which involved him we are talking about...

Think you're wumming...... so you have the last word..
She could have scored ANY high profile fight that badly and she'd have taken flack. If she'd scored JCCjr-Martinez 120-108 she would've got roasted.

Floyd is no more relevant than Pac. Only funnily enough it's Floyd you chirp in with to try excuse your fellow Yank.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 02 Oct 2013, 1:43 pm

I wouldn't blame Strum for not wanting to come to the UK.

If Barker managed to land a punch to Strums face the ref would stop the fight.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 02 Oct 2013, 1:45 pm

Like Bradley-Manny ???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 02 Oct 2013, 1:50 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Like Bradley-Manny ???
Talking to me? If so, yes, which is why I referred to it multiple times. She got slated for that.

The fact she's done it twice has now doubled the level of consternation. Unfortunately your Flomo obsession means you can only put that down to it being a Floyd fight, not the fact it's happened twice.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 02 Oct 2013, 3:01 pm

Think sturm gets bad press after all the ottke homey's. He was remember the guy who got shafted against de la Hoya when he did fight abroad.

Everyone screams about the macklin fight, because macklin battered him for 5 or 6 rounds, but whilst there was no doubt who the better guy on the night was, macklin gassed and sturm sneaked most of the last half of the fight. Turn the volume off, score it round by round and its close.

I thought he beat Murray by 3 or 4 rounds and you had to give Murray every close round to get a draw.

Geale got a win there, no reason to suggest barker wont if he deserves it.

Smart move... Follow the dollar with a rematch clause in the uk.

And if he wins he'll be a massive international superstar, can enter a celebrity dance completion and deny his defeat to Martinez ever happened.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 02 Oct 2013, 3:07 pm

milkyboy wrote:

Everyone screams about the macklin fight, because macklin battered him for 5 or 6 rounds, but whilst there was no doubt who the better guy on the night was, macklin gassed and sturm sneaked most of the last half of the fight. Turn the volume off, score it round by round and its close.

Yep, well said milky. I thought Sturm edged it and always have done. The Captain scored it for the German as well. Chris had Macklin narrowly from memory as did a fair few others. It wasn't a robbery, just an extremely close fight with some very jingoistic commentary from the Sky studio.

Woodhall should have been sacked on the spot for his reaction afterwards. Clown.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 02 Oct 2013, 3:11 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Woodhall should have been sacked on the spot for his reaction afterwards.  Clown.
You're lucky you did not catch his work on primetime for the Hatton comeback. Even TSMR passed comment how bad he was.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 02 Oct 2013, 3:12 pm

Rowley wrote: Even TSMR passed comment how bad he was.
She said something similar to me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 02 Oct 2013, 3:13 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

Yep, well said milky.  I thought Sturm edged it and always have done.  The Captain scored it for the German as well.  Chris had Macklin narrowly from memory as did a fair few others.  It wasn't a robbery, just an extremely close fight with some very jingoistic commentary from the Sky studio.

Woodhall should have been sacked on the spot for his reaction afterwards.  Clown.
Young Towser got the ball rolling on the robbery thing if I recall, hurled abuse at anyone who disagreed.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 02 Oct 2013, 3:14 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

Yep, well said milky.  I thought Sturm edged it and always have done.  The Captain scored it for the German as well.  Chris had Macklin narrowly from memory as did a fair few others.  It wasn't a robbery, just an extremely close fight with some very jingoistic commentary from the Sky studio.

Woodhall should have been sacked on the spot for his reaction afterwards.  Clown.
Young Towser got the ball rolling on the robbery thing if I recall, hurled abuse at anyone who disagreed.
Yep that was it. I was trying to remember who it was. Not sure if I am glad you reminded me or not!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Wed 02 Oct 2013, 3:16 pm

Maybe I should watch the Macklin fight again. I was under the influence, but I gave Macklin the first 6 rounds if I remember correctly. I also gave him a couple of the last 6. I'll watch it again though.

I had the Murray fight a draw and I was a little bit more level headed that night.

All subjective though.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 02 Oct 2013, 3:34 pm

I thought macklin deserved the win, and on balance of the fight I think that was the consensus. I think in the outcry, some people forget the round by round concept of scoring. I was left feeling macklin was a little unlucky but not robbed.

Funnily enough, I think the German press thought sturm had got a homey ( hard to believe I know) and there were suggestions that Murray may have benefited from a backlash to that.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Oct 2013, 3:38 pm

When Macklin gassed he was unable to get up close to Strum, stick his head on Sturm's chest and bully him. This allowed Strum the time to take a step back get his shots off and in the later rounds he looked a level above Macklin. If memory serves Macklin was nearly out on his feet in the twelfth and could easily have been dropped

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 02 Oct 2013, 3:40 pm

No problems with anyone scoring it for Macklin, more so the ridiculous hyperbole that emerged in the immediate aftermath.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 02 Oct 2013, 5:53 pm

I think it was the wide scoring of one of the cards that did it for me, something like 117-112 for Sturm, absolute tosh. Close fight though.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 02 Oct 2013, 8:36 pm

I thought Sturm did enough to get a draw against Macklin, but I could see where others were coming from whom had Macklin the winner.

But since that Sturm has received something of a backlash in the German press. I think this affected the judges who were very generous towards both Murray and Geale, both fighting away in Germany. Sturm has certainly had no hometown judging in his favour in his last 2 fights, and im sure Barker was well aware of this.

Anyway I think Sturm will stop Barker.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed 02 Oct 2013, 10:11 pm

Cant help but feel Barker has sold his belt for the big purse, he will need to win about 10 rounds and get a couple of Knockdowns to get a draw.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 02 Oct 2013, 10:26 pm

hogey wrote:Cant help but feel Barker has sold his belt for the big purse, he will need to win about 10 rounds and get a couple of Knockdowns to get a draw.
Bit like Beltran against burns then?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 02 Oct 2013, 10:38 pm

hogey wrote:Cant help but feel Barker has sold his belt for the big purse, he will need to win about 10 rounds and get a couple of Knockdowns to get a draw.
did Murray win 10 rounds and get any knockdowns?

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed 02 Oct 2013, 10:41 pm

milkyboy wrote:
Bit like Beltran against burns then?

Totally agree, that's why if i was the Champion i would demand home advantage.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 02 Oct 2013, 10:47 pm

As long as the rematch clause is tight, I think it's the right call bogey. He looks after his bank balance and has an insurance policy. And as I said previously, not sure Germany is the home of the stinker any longer

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperCert Thu 03 Oct 2013, 1:11 pm

STC wrote:Geale got the decision in Germany against Sturm. Murray got a fair result too. Ok, Macklin got shafted hard, but I think recent decisions have been (surprisingly) reasonable. Hopefully Barker will be given the same respect.

If not he's always got the equitable, faultless, flawless, honest, honourable, impartial, nonpartisan, objective, peerless, professional, respected, sincere, straight, trustworthy, unbiased judging of a UK rematch to look forward to.
Ha, indeed

SuperCert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2