The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup round 5

+19
Hero
Dolphin Ziggler
The Boss
Adam D
TopHat24/7
Trebs
Il Gialloblu
JuliusHMarx
The Womble
ChequeredJersey
jbeadlesbigrighthand
superflyweight
Union Cane
Scottrf
Mad for Chelsea
seanmichaels
bhb001
Galted
Mind the windows Tino.
23 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Best piece of literature with a name in the title.

The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Vote_lcap3%The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Vote_lcap1%The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Vote_lcap7%The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 5 ]
The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Vote_lcap6%The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 4 ]
The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Vote_lcap4%The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Vote_lcap4%The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Vote_lcap7%The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 5 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 5 ]
The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Vote_lcap8%The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 6 ]
The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Vote_lcap1%The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
[ 3 ]
The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Vote_lcap0%The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 5 ]
The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Vote_lcap14%The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 10 ]
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 71

The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Empty The Culture Cup round 5

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 26 Sep 2013, 11:15 am

First topic message reminder :

Right culture fans, after a short mid-season break we are back with round 5 of 606v2's bestest ever tournament.  Before we move on to the next round, lets wrap up the movers and shakers from round 4 which was the greatest TV comedy character since the year 2000.

TopHat was the big winner with Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory pulling in the most votes.  Possibly surprising given some of the competition but it gives TopHat his debut as a round winner and takes him soaring into, erm, mid-table.  Michaels picks up second place in round 4 with the ever popular David Brent whilst Hero grabs another fist full of points with one of my votes, Brian Potter.  This takes the ultra-consistent Hero to the top of the league table.  Adam is clinging on to a champions league spot in fourth which has got to hurt, seeing as his boyfriend is sitting top of the pile.  Poor round for The Womble whose pick of Jay Pritchett came in last.  Julius is still bringing up the rear, highlighting the old adage that 606v2 does indeed mirror life.

Hero (Brian Potter): (10) 36
compelling & rich (Tyrion Lannister): (5) 33
seanmichaels (David Brent): (11) 29
Adam (Barney Stinson): (8) 27
Galted (Mark Corrigan): (9) 23
Azzy (Gob Bluth): (5) 23
onlytreblewinners (Keith Lemon): (8) 22
TopHat (Sheldon Cooper): (12) 22
The Womble (Jay Pritchett): (3) 21
superflyweight (Big Keith): (4) 20
rowley (Larry David): (7) 19
Union (Papa Lazarou): (6) 19
bhb (Malcolm Tucker): (9) 18
Dolphin (Ron Swanson): (5) 17
The Boss (JD): (6) 16
ChequeredJersey ((Dr Percival Cox): (9) 16
jbeadlesbigrighthand (Tobias Funke): (4) 15
JuliusHMarx (Matt Le Blanc): (4) 10

Round 6 swings (see what I did there?) back to music, and the question is The best song ever with 3 or more words in the title.  Pretty simple, I'm sure even you lot don't need it explaining.  Please can you send more than one choice in case your first pick is taken.  I will always let you know if you don't get your number one pick.

Please see the poll for round 5 and remember, it is open for the whole forum to vote

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Culture Cup round 5

Post by Galted Tue 10 Dec 2013, 7:55 am

I was living in a box.  Living in a cardboard box.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Dec 2013, 8:05 am

If there is anyone on 606v2 I could envisage surviving a winter in a cardboard box, it would be you.

Not because of your survival skills, more a reflection on your very practical and hardy choice in clothing/footwear.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 10 Dec 2013, 8:24 am

Thanks, Tino, that is high praise indeed though, if TV's taught me anything, it's that Rowley and the 667Killer lived with 148 others in a shoebox in t' middle o' road.

If there's anyone vaguely related to 606 v2 I could envisage kicking a cardboard box in which someone might be trying to survive a winter it's one of your kids.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Dec 2013, 8:32 am

It's only one of them that is a bit unhinged. That's why I sent him to karate, to teach him some discipline. It hasn't really worked though. It appears he is still unhinged, only now he possesses much more firepower and a killer one inch punch.

Yep, Jeff and DAVE are proper north. Yorkshire looks pretty but it's a tough, barren and relentless upbringing. Its a wonder either of them made it to adulthood.

I on t'other hand am from Cheshire which is actually very posh. Mostly.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Dec 2013, 8:38 am

I was in Clapham on Saturday night. That was awfully posh. A particular chap even felt the need to inform me that he had too much disposable income.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Dec 2013, 8:39 am

seanmichaels wrote:I was in Clapham on Saturday night. That was awfully posh. A particular chap even felt the need to inform me that he had too much disposable income.

Were you cottaging on Clapham Common?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Dec 2013, 8:40 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:I was in Clapham on Saturday night. That was awfully posh. A particular chap even felt the need to inform me that he had too much disposable income.

No although I was in a bar on the edge of the common. Were you?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Dec 2013, 8:42 am

seanmichaels wrote:

Cottaging or in a bar?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Dec 2013, 8:44 am

seanmichaels wrote:

Cottaging or in a bar?

Cottaging.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Dec 2013, 8:45 am

seanmichaels wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Cottaging or in a bar?

Cottaging.

Nope.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Dec 2013, 8:47 am

I expect Cottagers would need hard wearing, warm, yet breatheable attire at this time of the year.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Dec 2013, 8:49 am

seanmichaels wrote:I expect Cottagers would need hard wearing, warm, yet breatheable attire at this time of the year.

They would need solid footwear as well. Ground must be quite boggy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 10 Dec 2013, 9:04 am

And a compact rucksack in which to carry a torch, Lucozade bottle, map, compass and anal lubricant. Something like the Lowe Alpine Ace 30.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Dec 2013, 9:11 am

Galted wrote:And a compact rucksack in which to carry a torch, Lucozade bottle, map, compass and anal lubricant.  Something like the Lowe Alpine Ace 30.

I am thinking one of those bags, coupled with maybe something like a Jack Wolfskin Gore-Tex coat and possibly some Hi-Tec hiking boots would make the perfect clobber for a serious and dedicated cottager. Would you agree?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 10 Dec 2013, 9:17 am

Galted wrote:And a compact rucksack in which to carry a torch, Lucozade bottle, map, compass and anal lubricant.  Something like the Lowe Alpine Ace 30.

I am thinking one of those bags, coupled with maybe something like a Jack Wolfskin Gore-Tex coat and possibly some Hi-Tec hiking boots would make the perfect clobber for a serious and dedicated cottager.  Would you agree?

I would agree entirely.  Luckily for me my Jack Wolfskin coat uses Texapore so I could never be mistaken for a cottager.  Interestingly, Jack Wolfskin have introduced Gore-Tex into their Cottaging range, one of them is called Double Rip.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Tue 10 Dec 2013, 11:26 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote: Yep, Jeff and DAVE are proper north.  Yorkshire looks pretty but it's a tough, barren and relentless upbringing.  Its a wonder either of them made it to adulthood.

I on t'other hand am from Cheshire which is actually very posh.  Mostly.  

I'm from Yorkshire but now live in Cheshire...  chin 
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 10 Dec 2013, 11:31 am

Think that's called 'upgrading'.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 10 Dec 2013, 11:46 am

littleswannygirl wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote: Yep, Jeff and DAVE are proper north.  Yorkshire looks pretty but it's a tough, barren and relentless upbringing.  Its a wonder either of them made it to adulthood.

Rowley and Swanny looking for Dave on New Year's Eve ca 2012

The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 800px-Pieter_Bruegel_The_Peasant_Dance

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 10 Dec 2013, 11:48 am

Laugh 

Are all women in Yorkshire midgets?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Dec 2013, 12:10 pm

littleswannygirl wrote:

Whereabouts in rural Cheshire are you, swannygirl? Ignore the other oafs that frequent this forum, I am not, nor have I ever been, a stalker of any kind.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 10 Dec 2013, 12:21 pm

littleswannygirl wrote:

Whereabouts in rural Cheshire are you, swannygirl?  Ignore the other oafs that frequent this forum, I am not, nor have I ever been, a stalker of any kind.

Tino, Chesire, 2013

The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Peeping_tomSmall

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 10 Dec 2013, 12:22 pm

Galted wrote:
littleswannygirl wrote:

Whereabouts in rural Cheshire are you, swannygirl?  Ignore the other oafs that frequent this forum, I am not, nor have I ever been, a stalker of any kind.

Tino, Chesire, 2013

I have my suspicions whether both hands would be visible on the blinds....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Dec 2013, 12:22 pm

Galted wrote:
littleswannygirl wrote:

Tino, Chesire, 2013

Where the hell is Chesire?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Dec 2013, 12:23 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

I have my suspicions whether both hands would be visible on the blinds....

I don't know what littleswannygirl looks like.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 10 Dec 2013, 12:27 pm

Near Nortwic, Mancester and Wrexam.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 10 Dec 2013, 12:28 pm

Galted wrote:

Near Nortwic, Mancester and Wrexam.

Very good.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 10 Dec 2013, 12:28 pm

Galted wrote:

I am thinking one of those bags, coupled with maybe something like a Jack Wolfskin Gore-Tex coat and possibly some Hi-Tec hiking boots would make the perfect clobber for a serious and dedicated cottager.  Would you agree?

I would agree entirely.  Luckily for me my Jack Wolfskin coat uses Texapore so I could never be mistaken for a cottager.  Interestingly, Jack Wolfskin have introduced Gore-Tex into their Cottaging range, one of them is called Double Rip.

Insert (shush now) joke about anal lubricant.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Wed 11 Dec 2013, 7:13 pm

littleswannygirl wrote:

I'll believe you Tino. I'm way out east, very near the Derbyshire border in the foothills of the Pennines The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Umbrella-smiley
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 11 Dec 2013, 7:37 pm

littleswannygirl wrote:
littleswannygirl wrote:

I'll believe you Tino. I'm way out east, very near the Derbyshire border in the foothills of the Pennines The Culture Cup round 5 - Page 6 Umbrella-smiley

Sadly, I think you've been hoodwinked by his cunning words and have acquired a stalker my dear - just surround your house with salad and wear garlands of lettuce and he'll stay away from you. Also if you are of a sadistic turn of mind, pour a trail of gravy leading to the local nursery. He probably won't come back to your neck of the woods ever again.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Thu 12 Dec 2013, 12:53 pm

littleswannygirl wrote:

I'm not sure coxy would agree Smile

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Dec 2013, 8:06 am

spencerclarke wrote:

Yeah, and look what happened to him, spence.....

Let that be warning to you (Shah). People that take me on go 'missing'. Now I do like you but keep your eye on the line. Don't let it end up behind you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 13 Dec 2013, 1:17 pm

spencerclarke wrote:

Let that be warning to you (Shah).  People that take me on go 'missing'.  Now I do like you but keep your eye on the line.  Don't let it end up behind you.

Bring it bitch, I've got a toddler I'd like you to meet Laugh

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 13 Dec 2013, 1:19 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
spencerclarke wrote:

Let that be warning to you (Shah).  People that take me on go 'missing'.  Now I do like you but keep your eye on the line.  Don't let it end up behind you.

Does it do karate?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 13 Dec 2013, 1:35 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
spencerclarke wrote:

Does it do karate?

No, It farts and giggles and sometimes throws left and right hook with unorthodox technique but unerringly hits the eyeballs. Mrs Shah can attest to it and Mr shah is unfairly cast in the role of wife beater though is pleased some people believe that he wears the trousers in the relationship.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6