The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !!

+12
Diamond in the rough
milkyboy
BoxingMelon
AlexHuckerby
mobilemaster8
Strongback
ONETWOFOREVER
88Chris05
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
TopHat24/7
JabMachineMK2
TRUSSMAN66
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !! - Page 2 Empty Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 2:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

Be surprised if this isn't made...when Manny comes through his run-of-the-mill clash.......Broner can take a good shot and is becoming a name......Manny is probably on the slide and has huge Marquee value and as such would project Broner..or give Manny a bonafide route back to the big time..

Broner won't have to go looking as he did with Stinker Paulie..

Can't see Floyd fighting Manny...........He's lost twice which takes the gloss off a win...Arum is an obstacle....and Manny will still have an inflated opinion of his worth..

So fighting the Floyd-heir appaent makes huge sense.......Sure it will happen next year !!

Think broner wins it now............and I think Broner will beat Ward to the number 1 slot when Floyd goes...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !!

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:35 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Broner has not dominated one fight....and here is me thinking you'd know styles make fights..

Tell me JM Tyson struggled with Tillis did he not ?? and Bruno didn't

I don't think Broner dominated Maglinaggi no, comparing Pacquiao and Clottey to that fight (as I thought you were) would have been a moot point, one was complete domination against a guy in his shell and the other was a difficult fight for a guy who'd just skipped up two weights yet has everyone in a frenzy because he thinks he can shoulder roll like Mayweather. The fact is Truss, styles DO make fights, I agree - but what is in Maglinaggi's locker to trouble a real future P4P great? Everyone who's a bit special has beaten Maglinaggi convincingly. Cotto took the UD and although it was a bit of a stinker, you can't make a case for a Maglinaggi win unless you apply the same logic to his fight with Broner in which case he should have got the W easily.

Yes, Tyson struggled with Tillis, but its quite well known that it was a changed man in the ring against Tyson compared to previously, plus Tyson probably hadn't met someone as seasoned as him until that point.

My point is, Broner was supposed to destroy Maglinaggi and make him look ordinary, Khan did, Hatton did - styles may make fights, but someone REALLY special would have dominated, he didn't and the hype (for me at least) seemed unjustified.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !!

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:36 pm

clap

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:36 pm

I'm not disputing he didn't dominate Broner...

Robbo didn't dominate Turpin........Tyson - Tillis.....Ali- Norton.....

So what..

Biggs beat Tillis easily right before Tyson beat him !!!!!!!!!!!Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:37 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:clap

Stop it now..You had a go at winchester for peeing all over one of your threads..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:40 pm

Hagler was supposed to destroy Duran

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:41 pm

So the hype and substance behind Broner being the next big star and ready for Pacquiao is beating Demarco, Rees and Malignaggi........ am I missing something, how people think he is in the top 10 is anybodies guess

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:42 pm

So basically, your point is - I can't have an opinion because you disagree. Is that about the long and short of it? Peppered throughout history are examples to support your claims of course, taken out of context, put in context - it doesn't seem to matter. Ali lost to Holmes, so does that mean he's not deserving of #1? Has to be subjective Truss.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:48 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:So basically, your point is - I can't have an opinion because you disagree. Is that about the long and short of it? Peppered throughout history are examples to support your claims of course, taken out of context, put in context - it doesn't seem to matter. Ali lost to Holmes, so does that mean he's not deserving of #1? Has to be subjective Truss.

Have you not met Truss before??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:49 pm

I just like reiterating my point mate

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:50 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:clap

Stop it now..You had a go at winchester for peeing all over one of your threads..

Not wumming, am agreeing with other posters' views which mirror my own.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:56 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:So basically, your point is - I can't have an opinion because you disagree. Is that about the long and short of it? Peppered throughout history are examples to support your claims of course, taken out of context, put in context - it doesn't seem to matter. Ali lost to Holmes, so does that mean he's not deserving of #1? Has to be subjective Truss.

Are you telling me that all great fighters don't struggle against a certain type JM ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:57 pm

On a separate note, loved your beat down of D4 earlier today!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:58 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:On a separate note, loved your beat down of D4 earlier today!

That wasn't me...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 5:01 pm

Okay. He thought it was haha! I flick through the site to check out his ridiculous "winchester-esque" comments on his anti mayweather views and he got completed shat on by someone who he thought was you haha quality.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 5:02 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Okay. He thought it was haha! I flick through the site to check out his ridiculous "winchester-esque" comments on his anti mayweather views and he got completed shat on by someone who he thought was you haha quality.

You talking about ja606...

Yes I thought the guy who was pretending to me was pretty cool as well... Wink Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 5:06 pm

It was Truss.

LESCARGO is Truss' alias from the old 606 days.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 5:08 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Are you telling me that all great fighters don't struggle against a certain type JM ??

I watched the fight, I don't think it was Maglinaggi's style Broner struggled with, more the level and weight personally. Advantages he had as a big lighter weighted fighter weren't there at WW and it was plain to see. Broner has an impressive set of wins, de Leon, Escobedo and DeMarco are good wins, but I think he's found his plateau at Welterweight. If he struggled with Maglinaggi, I'd rate pretty much any other top 5 WW to spank him sideways. We'll see I'm sure. I may be wrong.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 5:09 pm

If Khan can get a couple of good wins under his belt, Broner should fight him.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 5:14 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:If Khan can get a couple of good wins under his belt, Broner should fight him.
If Khan can get a couple of good wins under his belt I'll show my ar$e on t' Town Hall steps

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 5:30 pm

Think Khan is about done, struggling with Diaz kinda put the lid on it for me.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 8:13 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Think Khan is about done, struggling with Diaz kinda put the lid on it for me.

Khan should have been a 140 pound Tommy hearns type...All the talent and no brain..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 30 Jul 2013, 8:50 pm

Broner Pacman won't happen, Broner is with GBP.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 9:15 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Broner Pacman won't happen, Broner is with GBP.

It's amazing what dollars can do..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 30 Jul 2013, 9:17 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:Broner Pacman won't happen, Broner is with GBP.

It's amazing what dollars can do..

Manny Floyd didn't even happen due to that reason, Arum just won't let it mate.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 9:22 pm

It's Broner not Mayweather...My guess is Paccy will get the greater share..

If Arum and King can work together anything is possible

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 30 Jul 2013, 9:28 pm

Why would showtime let one of there best assets go to a rival channel where he will most likely lose

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 9:31 pm

Because of money....and the fact he has a good chance and can become a bigger star..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 30 Jul 2013, 9:47 pm

HBO will not allow a GBP fighter to fight on there channel just the same as Showtime will not allow a Top Rank fight on theres. They are both contracted to it, the only way would be for Manny to go to GBP or another promoter, or Broner to leave GBP, both are unlikely to happen in truth.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 10:26 pm

I wouldn't be absolutely one hundred per cent on that, Alex. I agree with you that the rifts between Showtime / HBO and Golden Boy / Top Rank mean that this fight is unlikely, and I said as much earlier, but history shows that if there's enough money on the line, ways around such problems can be found.

By rights, and using today's parameters, fights such as Whitaker-Chavez and Trinidad-De la Hoya should never have materialized. Don King's relationship with Whitaker's people, the Duvas, and Arum back when he was looking after Oscar made the one between Golden Boy and Top Rank look like a happy marriage, and in both these fights one of the fighters was with Showtime, the other with HBO.

I don't think there will ever be enough demand to make a similar thing happen here, as Broner-Pacquiao, unlike Chavez-Whitaker or De la Hoya-Trinidad, is merely just one possible good match up that could be made in or around the Welterweight division, rather than THE fight that everyone wants to see. But if demand for it did grow for some reason, you can't completely rule out the parties involved suddenly and miraculously ironing out their differences for one night only.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingMelon Tue 30 Jul 2013, 10:38 pm

I haven't seen Broner fight much but he seems more style than substance

BoxingMelon

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingMelon Tue 30 Jul 2013, 10:38 pm

HI BTW

BoxingMelon

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 30 Jul 2013, 10:50 pm

Hello boxing melon. you're in good comoany round here with that yser name.

I'd agree chris... It's an interesting fight that could happen not must happen.

Broner's had two struggles now, ponce and malignaggi. Cracking offensive fighter when he puts his shots together but not great defensively and low output. Unless he gets a marquezesque shot in, I'd favour manny to outwork him werebthey to meet now... Notwithstanding what effects that jmm ko will have on manny

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 30 Jul 2013, 11:22 pm

Broner doesn't throw counters against combinations though

Against Malignaggi, Rees and De Leon whenever they threw combo's he just tried to block them, and only threw after the combo was throw not during, and I doubt Pacquiao would stay so long in the pocket as those others did

He can't match pacquiao for punch output so his only chance if to KO him Marquez style and I don't see him doing that or surviving long enough that he gets the chance to unload

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 8:49 am

Manny is predictable...........onetwo's all the time...........

Factor in he couldn't remove Clottey and he's been in wars and licked canvas.....

Broner has a good chance..

As for the style over substance carp.........

Alright hammering Broner but how many Brits have won three titles at different weights...Duke Mckenzie ?? ...That's one.....

So Britain isn't high on substance then hey...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 10:15 am

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn Rolling Eyes

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 10:33 am

I agree Truss, but i don't buy the fact that Manny is that predictable. His in/out style with pure aggression and power is something to cope with for any fighter. I agree mayweather would beat him handily, but for Broner, i think its closer than you may believe.

Manny may have been dropped and knocked out in his last fight, but he was looking very sharp and doing a significant job on Marquez in my opinion, which is hard to swallow as Juan Manuel is my favourite fighter.

Broner does not thrown many combinations and is pretty lazy mid round. Manny to his credit, even if he isn't the greatest defensive fighter, thrown a million punches intended to knock you out for 3 minutes of every round for all 12 rounds.

i think, in my opinion, that if broner struggles slightly with the punch output and work rate of De Leon and Paulie, then for me he struggles with Pacquiao big time.

Saying that, if pacquiao loses his concentration like he did against Juan Manuel, then broner could pick him off.

Interested fight, but id have to place my money on Manny via UD or LKO.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 10:50 am

Pity nobody was around to tell Mexican legends Barrera and Morales how predictable Manny was when they were there getting beat....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 10:54 am

Exactly Top/Hat. If anything Pacquiao is one of the most unpredictable boxers i have seen.

for example you can say mayweather uses his right hand at will every fight. Its not unpredictable, its just far too fast.

Wladamir uses his jab and right hand, rarely works the body and fights safe. Keeps you at range.

Pacquiao on the other hand just explodes power and speed runs around the ring in and out of your face. Yes he may have limited defence ability, but his aggression and speed along with footwork make him hard to find sometimes.

He is about as predictable as a wasp

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:03 am

Dont see why you bring up Clottey, its another irrelevant point

Clottey lost every second of every round and is a tough man to stop anyway let alone trying to do that without coming out of his shell

I thought you said Broner could win, not survive like Clottey did

Manny isnt predictable. Yes the punches he throws are similar, but the speed and the angles he throws them at are very unpredictable and much better fighters than Broner haven't been able to evade his assaults. If manny predictable than what is Broner? Straight right and the right uppercut is all he throws

Who cares about the champs britain have, everyone know that Americans often get gift wrapped belts at an early age. Demarco was the first fighter Broner fought that people actually knew and he was only the best title holder because JMM, Rios and Soto moved up and Paulie was a paper champ

Broner has to be one of if not the weakest 3 weight world champion of all time

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:06 am

Saw a list on another site..........and Mayweather was 2nd and Manny 4th in the current p4p list...

Because apparently you don't judge a fighter on one fight...........What a twonk...Curry should have stayed number 1 after Honey then..

Or chuck in Bradley as well and that makes two...

Beggars belief these manny nuthuggers.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:10 am

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Dont see why you bring up Clottey, its another irrelevant point

Clottey lost every second of every round and is a tough man to stop anyway let alone trying to do that without coming out of his shell

I thought you said Broner could win, not survive like Clottey did

Manny isnt predictable. Yes the punches he throws are similar, but the speed and the angles he throws them at are very unpredictable and much better fighters than Broner haven't been able to evade his assaults. If manny predictable than what is Broner? Straight right and the right uppercut is all he throws

Who cares about the champs britain have, everyone know that Americans often get gift wrapped belts at an early age. Demarco was the first fighter Broner fought that people actually knew and he was only the best title holder because JMM, Rios and Soto moved up and Paulie was a paper champ

Broner has to be one of if not the weakest 3 weight world champion of all time

Perspective dear boy.................A world title is the pinnacle of any Brit fighters career.......Broner has three at three weights and is still called all style and no substance by many on here....Who don't like his flash demeanor.....If titles were so easy why haven't you had more success!!

A Brit with his record these days...would have a Knighthood and an MBE..........

Not that I want to make it into an anti-Brit rant...I'll let strongy do that!!.......

Nobody moans about Fenech's easy title wins do they kiddo...........Just PERSPECTIVE!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:17 am

Like you said Truss, money talks.

Broner beat who for the so called world titles sorry?

I mean look at Saul Alvarez.....fought Matthew Hatton.

Look at Pacquiao for the LMW crown....fought Margarito.

McDonnell fought some bartender

Quigg is fighting a cleaner

world straps mean nothing anymore, its about the quality opposition you beat.

Hatton may have only been a two weight champ but he fought and beat quality fighters in comparison to broner with his selection of Gavin Rees for example.

for me the jury is still out on him. If he is fighting at welter, lets see him fight Alexander, Khan, Berto, Guerrero, Ortiz, Mosley.....not Paulie Malignaggi who's best days are way behind him.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:19 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Pity nobody was around to tell Mexican legends Barrera and Morales how predictable Manny was when they were there getting beat....

Pacquiao beats broner fairly comfortable IMO LKO, but the morales win wasn't a good win I don't think he was a massive underdog when he beat him then got beat before facing pacquiao for a second time

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:23 am

Who did Burns beat...who did Froch beat....who did Khan beat......who did Benn beat.............???

That's a crock argument ..Like I said If three titles were easy to obtain why do you struggle to win one over here ??

Why call Broner all style when it isn't easy to win titles ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:28 am

Didn't Burns beat Martinez?

Didn't Froch beat Jean Pascal, the Bute and then Kessler?

Khan (poor) beat Kotelnik but defended against Power Puncher Maidana, Judah and Garcia to name a few....

in yet to see the same quality of opposition with Broner...

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:31 am

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Dont see why you bring up Clottey, its another irrelevant point

Holds it against an originally 112lb guy for not getting a career 147+lber out of there who has never been stopped, not even by big punching career 147+ers like Cotto and Margarito, well where does that leave loverboy Floyd who couldn't get Corley out of there? Even worse perenial bottler Judah took him to a decision!!

#consistencyfail

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:32 am

Is Martinez better than Paulie ???

Is Pascal better than Paulie ??..Shouldn't think so in any future list..Didn't Benn beat Nardiello..

Who did the HOFer Jeff Fenech beat again ??

---------------------------------

Answer my question...........If Broner is all style and titles are so easy..Why have you only had three title at different weight winners in a 130 years ??

Clottey was a suggestion that Manny struggles to get the big Broner out of there..Never said the fight was close....

I welcome all opinions..................I just debate.....So shut up. saying that..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:33 am

Plus Hatton was a two weight world champ and if he was looked after by GBP or Suliman from the WBC or something along those lines, they would have give him a shot at Haroon Khan for the LMW belt so then he becomes a three weight and not two.

Like i said, its about gift wrapped titles, money and politics.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:33 am

Truss, people are allowed an opinion - its one of your flaws, if someone disagrees with you, you'll warp and change the argument which takes it away from opinion. Broner was supposed to be something special, he had all the hype, the mouth, the fanfare and didn't impress against Maglinaggi like the world expected. That my friend, is fact. For me, it took the shine off the win because you could argue a case for Maglinaggi winning which frankly, you can't say if Broner really is this heir to Mayweather.

I haven't seen anything in his locker that shows he beats Pacquiao. Nothing. Thats my opinion. I think you're being far too harsh on Pacquiao who essentially beat Bradley, and was unlucky he walked onto an incredible shot from Marquez in a fight he looked like his old self in and was winning rounds.

Thats not bashing Broner, he's had a great career so far, but I can't see anything to beat Pacquiao yet. Like I said, I could be surprised but this is much more you rubbishing Pacquiao than it is about us being detrimental to Broner.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:34 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:Plus Hatton was a two weight world champ and if he was looked after by GBP or Suliman from the WBC or something along those lines, they would have give him a shot at Haroon Khan for the LMW belt so then he becomes a three weight and not two.

Like i said, its about gift wrapped titles, money and politics.

If my Wife was my brother..I wouldn't have two kids..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next