The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !!

+12
Diamond in the rough
milkyboy
BoxingMelon
AlexHuckerby
mobilemaster8
Strongback
ONETWOFOREVER
88Chris05
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
TopHat24/7
JabMachineMK2
TRUSSMAN66
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !! - Page 4 Empty Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

Be surprised if this isn't made...when Manny comes through his run-of-the-mill clash.......Broner can take a good shot and is becoming a name......Manny is probably on the slide and has huge Marquee value and as such would project Broner..or give Manny a bonafide route back to the big time..

Broner won't have to go looking as he did with Stinker Paulie..

Can't see Floyd fighting Manny...........He's lost twice which takes the gloss off a win...Arum is an obstacle....and Manny will still have an inflated opinion of his worth..

So fighting the Floyd-heir appaent makes huge sense.......Sure it will happen next year !!

Think broner wins it now............and I think Broner will beat Ward to the number 1 slot when Floyd goes...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:59 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

2. Paulie isn't el stinko just because 1 show-pony stank against him.

Well said..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !! - Page 4 Empty Re: Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !!

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:07 pm

Strange how Khan and Hatton didn't stink against Malignaggi, both in fact produced career best performances.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:08 pm

Never said they did...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:10 pm

Rowley wrote:I personally had it as a majority decision.
but are you unanimous in that?

.... As Molly slocombe might say whilst stroking her Cat.

Milky shows his advancing years yet again.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:11 pm

milkyboy wrote:

May be advancing in years but his arguments are just as poor...Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:13 pm

In which case it's hardly Malignaggis fault that Broner stunk against him then is it considering very few actually do.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:14 pm

Lovemore N'dou classics...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:15 pm

The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:Strange how Khan and Hatton didn't stink against Malignaggi, both in fact produced career best performances.

Bad performances are allowed to be written off apparently as 'styles make fights'. Check this thread about 3 pages back.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:17 pm

I can't believe it just to put the yank in his place people are claiming Mailgnaggi isn't boring..

Pathetic....

Go away Toppy no one is interested..at least the others have arguments...Winchester is back later no doubt.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:19 pm

Waah waah waah Trussy throwing his toys out the pram again.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:19 pm

When Paulie wins he stinks.....end of..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:19 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Waah waah waah Trussy throwing his toys out the pram again.......

pointless..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:21 pm

He didn't stink against Cano or Senchenko, have you actually watched many of his fights?

The N'Dou fights not being much cop were more to do with N'Dou who is notorious for making everyone look bad.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:23 pm

The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:He didn't stink against Cano or Senchenko, have you actually watched many of his fights?

The N'Dou fights not being much cop were more to do with N'Dou who is notorious for making everyone look bad.

I've slept through a lot of them yes......Stop trying to patronise me all the time....

and stop as is your wont taking me out of context regularly too...

Or even better go an annoy someone else...

N'dou's fault.........Just like it was Cotto's for not tracking the runner down better !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:23 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

The day you think my arguments are good, is the day I need to worry trussmeister Wink  won't be holding my breath!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:23 pm

milkyboy wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

The day you think my arguments are good, is the day I need to worry trussmeister Wink  won't be holding my breath!

What do I know milkers...I've learned Paulie is exciting today ....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:25 pm

32 wins...7 by kayo.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:26 pm

Who said he was exciting, you're the one who quite clearly has seen about 2 of his fights and based an opinion on that.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:27 pm

Patronising me again...

Oooh I feel challenged...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:28 pm

To my mind Broner didn't struggle with Paulie in the sense that there was a clash of styles, or that Paulie was some sort of bogeyman for him. This, of course, can happen. But, in the Paulie fight, Broner was simply poor, both in his tactics and his execution.

There are a number of examples of various styles that suggest Paulie isn't a quintessential awkward 'hard to look good against' fighter. Broner was crap that night and there's no two ways about it. He's certainly talented, and I'm not about to write him off after one fight. But, one of my main questions going in to that fight was "will Broner look any good when he's not much bigger than the other guy?". This, obviously, is now a bigger question mark.

For me, if Manny hasn't become completely shot from that KO, then he dominates Broner right now. After the Marquez KO, people seem to forget what a killing machine Manny was (and could still be).

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:30 pm

Boxtthis wrote:To my mind Broner didn't struggle with Paulie in the sense that there was a clash of styles, or that Paulie was some sort of bogeyman for him. This, of course, can happen. But, in the Paulie fight, Broner was simply poor, both in his tactics and his execution.

There are a number of examples of various styles that suggest Paulie isn't a quintessential awkward 'hard to look good against' fighter. Broner was crap that night and there's no two ways about it. He's certainly talented, and I'm not about to write him off after one fight. But, one of my main questions going in to that fight was "will Broner look any good when he's not much bigger than the other guy?". This, obviously, is now a bigger question mark.

For me, if Manny hasn't become completely shot from that KO, then he dominates Broner right now. After the Marquez KO, people seem to forget what a killing machine Manny was (and could still be).

Cotto didn't look good against paulie......But good points.......Paulie is a runner in the same way Greg Richardson was (similar ko percentage)..

Didn't see him fight either !!Rolling Eyes 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:32 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

What do I know milkers...I've learned Paulie is exciting today ....

He has had some exciting haircuts

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:33 pm

....That's true..the haircut against N'dou was the highlight of the fight..

Lovemore's fault though..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:48 pm

Boxtthis wrote:To my mind Broner didn't struggle with Paulie in the sense that there was a clash of styles, or that Paulie was some sort of bogeyman for him. This, of course, can happen. But, in the Paulie fight, Broner was simply poor, both in his tactics and his execution.

No, sorry, that does not accord with Truss' biais therefore is not a valid opinion for this thread. Please remove. Basically Broner is amazing, Mayweather in waiting, when he looks flash he's a top p4per and when he looks dross you must, under no circumstances, lay any of the blame at this door. It must always be the other guy's fault.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:52 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

No, sorry, that does not accord with Truss' biais therefore is not a valid opinion for this thread.  Please remove.  Basically Broner is amazing, Mayweather in waiting, when he looks flash he's a top p4per and when he looks dross you must, under no circumstances, lay any of the blame at this door.  It must always be the other guy's fault.

If you ever decide to add anything of substance...warn me first..I don't want to die of shock...

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:57 pm

Everyone tries to add something of substance apart from you who prefers to just regurgitate your jingoistic lame views and try force them down everyone's throat irrespective of how poorly thought out and ill-constructed they are. Let alone contradictory/hypocrtical.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:59 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Everyone tries to add something of substance apart from you who prefers to just regurgitate your jingoistic lame views and try force them down everyone's throat irrespective of how poorly thought out and ill-constructed they are.  Let alone contradictory/hypocrtical.

That reminds me... where is davidemore these days..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:35 pm

milkyboy wrote:
Diamond in the rough wrote:Broner did move up 2 weight classes aswell so a SD against Paulie isn't that bad a result although I had him by UD! Manny moved up to fight Oscar at the time and everyone praised him! I think the Paulie that broner faced would've beaten the Oscar pacquiao faced

Loving that quote... To have it by ud,  Did you score three separate cards and give them all to boner?

Yeah me myself and I has it as a UD

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:51 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:That reminds me... where is davidemore these days..

Please, don't summon him. I'm enjoying posting again on these forums for the first time in a long while.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:21 pm

We can't have you enjoying it...can we..Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4