The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !!

+12
Diamond in the rough
milkyboy
BoxingMelon
AlexHuckerby
mobilemaster8
Strongback
ONETWOFOREVER
88Chris05
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
TopHat24/7
JabMachineMK2
TRUSSMAN66
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !! - Page 3 Empty Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 2:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

Be surprised if this isn't made...when Manny comes through his run-of-the-mill clash.......Broner can take a good shot and is becoming a name......Manny is probably on the slide and has huge Marquee value and as such would project Broner..or give Manny a bonafide route back to the big time..

Broner won't have to go looking as he did with Stinker Paulie..

Can't see Floyd fighting Manny...........He's lost twice which takes the gloss off a win...Arum is an obstacle....and Manny will still have an inflated opinion of his worth..

So fighting the Floyd-heir appaent makes huge sense.......Sure it will happen next year !!

Think broner wins it now............and I think Broner will beat Ward to the number 1 slot when Floyd goes...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !! - Page 3 Empty Re: Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !!

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:37 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Saw a list on another site..........and Mayweather was 2nd and Manny 4th in the current p4p list...

1. That wasn't this site so not really that relevant.
2. I (and many others) have Manny in the 5-10 bracket now.
3. Who the heck was #1 if it wasn't Floyd??!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !! - Page 3 Empty Re: Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:39 am

You're not very relevant...and that post wasn't aimed at you...

BTW...d4's list last time I noticed was...1. Marquez 2. Martinez...3. Rigondeux...4. Mayweather...5. Manny..

As I suspected we must have bombed his hut in Afghanistan...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:48 am

If say Pascal is better than Paulie yes. Lost to Froch in a close fight and the beat Dawson and drew with Hopkins. All above quality fighters.

Pualie got hammered by Cotto, Khan and Hatton but yet lost an SD to Broner? Bit odd.

Martinez has fought and won against the better names Paulie has won against.

i just feel Broner has been gift wrapped his titles. If he is that special he wouldn't have scraped against Paulie. Simple as that. Mayweather wouldn't have done, Hatton and Khan never did and neither did cotto.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:49 am

Mate...You haven't answered my question..........Gift wrapped titles or not why have only two Brits in a 130 years achieved what Broner has If he's all style ??

As for Pascal well...I may think Curry is better than Ray Robinson but he ain't going above in the p4p.....

Just like Pascal won't be going above Paulie...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:51 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Is Martinez better than Paulie ???

Is Pascal better than Paulie ??..Shouldn't think so in any future list..Didn't Benn beat Nardiello..

Who did the HOFer Jeff Fenech beat again ??

---------------------------------

Answer my question...........If Broner is all style and titles are so easy..Why have you only had three title at different weight winners in a 130 years ??

Only 3?

JC
Hatton
Haye

That's just in the last 5-10 yrs, how have you arrived at only 3 in 130 years??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:53 am

I'm debating Mobile..he's more of a challenge..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:53 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're not very relevant...and that post wasn't aimed at you...

BTW...d4's list last time I noticed was...1. Marquez  2. Martinez...3. Rigondeux...4. Mayweather...5. Manny..

As I suspected we must have bombed his hut in Afghanistan...

You're throwing a D4 list into the debate??

#epiccredibilityfail

To whom you aimed the post at is irrelevant, you not got how forums work yet still? Try debating via PM if that's what you're after......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:54 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'm debating Mobile..he's more of a challenge..

You're not debating, you're floundering.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:55 am

He said three weight world champs top hat.

and to answer your question truss, we have not got the money or boxing relationships/politics to gift wrap titles to our fighters.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:57 am

Ever heard of the WBO mate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:58 am

Would back Froch to beat either Shumenov or Clev at LHW and, given he walks around so lean, could see him sneaking a title at MW if there were a Mallinaggi-esque easy title fight for him there.

Wouldn't make him a legend all of a sudden.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:59 am

That's what my view is anyway. IM pretty sure if Khan was stateside or American he would have fought Kotelnik for lww title, fought Gavin rees at welter for the vacant ww strap and then would have been told to fight Matthew Hatton at lmw for the title. I just feel that the money and politics involved at the home of boxing (aka USA) dictate titles and things of such note. I really think Broner is absolute class and has bags of talent. I just want to see it against some credible opposition.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:00 pm

I agree with that top hat.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:01 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:He said three weight world champs top hat.

Actually he didn't, he forgot the word 'two', hence my confusion:

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Answer my question...........If Broner is all style and titles are so easy..Why have you only had two three title at different weight winners in a 130 years ??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:01 pm

How many Americans have been three weight world champions.....Doesn't happen every day......History shows the cream tend to do with the odd exception..

That's just garbage mobile.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:01 pm

Stop the press Toppy is confused..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:04 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Stop the press Toppy is confused..

Sorry, I forget English isn't your first language sometimes. Will try not to expect so much from you in future.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:04 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:How many Americans have been three weight world champions.....Doesn't happen every day......History shows the cream tend to do with the odd exception..

That's just garbage mobile.....

Exactly, which on current form is what people are contending Broner is.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:05 pm

Garbage or not mate, look at who he fought for such titles. He could have fought someone else to give his belts credibility (if they have any left).

Froch may be world champ, but he fought and has beaten high level opposition.

I want to be able to say the same about Broner.

same could be said of pacquiao and who he fought for titles. Margarito at 150lbs Cotto at 145lbs, defence against Clottey?

at least mayweather can say he is a genuine multi weight champ having beaten the very best.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:05 pm

Duke Mckenzie didn't have a huge machine behind him and he managed it...

As would Eubank If he'd beaten Thommo..........

Fact is your boys haven't beeen good enough...but they still have substance unlike Broner obviously..

Because he's flash like Floyd..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Diamond in the rough Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:06 pm

Broner did move up 2 weight classes aswell so a SD against Paulie isn't that bad a result although I had him by UD! Manny moved up to fight Oscar at the time and everyone praised him! I think the Paulie that broner faced would've beaten the Oscar pacquiao faced

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:06 pm

Mccallum fought.............Sean Mannion and Jeff Harding for two of his...and Sumbu Kalambay for the other...

Two non-entities and sumbu and Paulie will be neck and neck in the rankings..

Argument doesn't wash kid..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:07 pm

I could have beaten the Oscar pacquiao faced. Carl Frampton would probably nail him as well

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:08 pm

Fair enough Truss. To be fair i cant argue your last point as my boxing knowledge from pre 1986 is zero sorry....

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:10 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Duke Mckenzie didn't have a huge machine behind him and he managed it...

As would Eubank If he'd beaten Thommo..........

Fact is your boys haven't beeen good enough...but they still have substance unlike Broner obviously..

Because he's flash like Floyd..

But lacks Floyd's ability and succes. Which is why he's not being regarded as highly. Which part of style over substance are you failing do understand?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:11 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Fair enough Truss. To be fair i cant argue your last point as my boxing knowledge from pre 1986 is zero sorry....

Then try bulls*****g like I do half the time...more often !!Cool 

good debate Mate...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:11 pm

Yeh but Broner took that choice and constantly stated he would knock him out and make him look awful. That never happened.

bellew did the same against chilemba with his gobbing off and he got slated after.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:12 pm

Hahaha Truss. Ill take your advice for future debates then!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:12 pm

Diamond in the rough wrote:Broner did move up 2 weight classes aswell so a SD against Paulie isn't that bad a result although I had him by UD! Manny moved up to fight Oscar at the time and everyone praised him! I think the Paulie that broner faced would've beaten the Oscar pacquiao faced

Actually that Pac win was pretty widely derided, lost all credibility at the weigh-in when ODLH's ghost turned up.

Bit like Fury with Chisora, looked a great tough match-up on paper originally, then the weigh-in happened and the win lost a lot of it's credibility when the Chisora blimp took to the scales.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:13 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Yeh but Broner took that choice and constantly stated he would knock him out and make him look awful. That never happened.

bellew did the same against chilemba with his gobbing off and he got slated after.

History is full of great fighters struggling with certain types..Mosley- Forrest..........chavez-Randall..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:13 pm

I'm pleased the despicable foul mouthed ugly little midget isn't representing the UK Truss, couldn't bring myself to cheer him on. Typical modern little twerp !

Give me a slap when Broner has actually beaten someone before mentioning he can beat Pacman , Manny all day and night with something to spare for me at this stage.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:14 pm

Conveniently so.....

Let's ignore Khan's losses then since they were against a certain 'type' of fighter. Pretty much elevates him into top10 p4p - go Amir!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:15 pm

Rodders sitting on the fence again....... Laugh

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:15 pm

Rodney wrote:I'm pleased the despicable foul mouthed ugly little midget isn't representing the UK Truss,  couldn't bring myself to cheer him on. Typical modern little twerp !

Give me a slap when Broner has actually beaten someone before mentioning he can beat Pacman , Manny all day and night with something to spare for me at this stage.

Cheers Rodders

Tell us how you really feel next time Rodd....No more beating around the bush...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 12:26 pm

Must admit, I do find myself at a loss sometimes to see what Rodders really thinks, his posts never really paint a true picture.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Wed 31 Jul 2013, 1:01 pm

Genuine three weight champions are your Fitzsimmons, Ross, Canzoneri, Armstrong, Chavez, Arguello, Mayweather and Pacquiao, guys that had to beat the best to get their titles not the Malignaggis of the world.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 1:02 pm

Have you ever heard of Mario Martinez ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Wed 31 Jul 2013, 1:09 pm

The four time world title challenger?

Chavez legitimised his 130lb title with wins over Mayweather, Lockridge, Castillo and Laporte.

Broner at 130lbs and 135lbs consists of Perez, Rees, De Marco and Rodriguez, i'm not seeing any worthwhile names that cement his claim as either divisions number one.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 1:11 pm

So Martinez is better than Paulie...

You're full of it...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 1:11 pm

Enter Tylorstown to take on truss.....

can.worms.open.....

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 1:14 pm

He's not taking me on...

I saw Martinez fight.....Only good win was against a senile Navarrette..........lost to everyone decent he faced...

Never said Broner was a genuine three weight champ either...Just said if it was so easy more people would achieve it and more than two Brits would in 130 years...

end of...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 1:17 pm

I have no idea who this Martinez is. I was presuming you were on about Sergio or Roman. Obviously not haha.

its a good point when put like that though Truss. But you know my feelings on this. Be interested to see Tylertown as his pre 1976 knowledge seems on par as far as i can tell....

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 1:17 pm

Looking at his record he looks like someone that lost every time he stepped up to the top level.

Sounds remarkably familiar to a certain feather-fisted loud-talking Italian-American New York boxer operating today.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 1:18 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Looking at his record he looks like someone that lost every time he stepped up to the top level.

Sounds remarkably familiar to a certain feather-fisted loud-talking Italian-American New York boxer operating today.......

Without the belts though..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 1:20 pm

Saying that I saw the guy Chavez beat for his third title Mayweather get spanked out by Lockridge and Pendleton in one round...

Hardly a great..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 1:22 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Looking at his record he looks like someone that lost every time he stepped up to the top level.

Without the belts though..

Were'nt as easy to come by in the 80s..... Whistle

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 31 Jul 2013, 1:47 pm

Diamond in the rough wrote:Broner did move up 2 weight classes aswell so a SD against Paulie isn't that bad a result although I had him by UD! Manny moved up to fight Oscar at the time and everyone praised him! I think the Paulie that broner faced would've beaten the Oscar pacquiao faced

Loving that quote... To have it by ud, Did you score three separate cards and give them all to boner?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 31 Jul 2013, 1:50 pm

I personally had it as a majority decision.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 1:54 pm

Fight in fairness summed up the problems with scoring/judging these days......

117-111 and then 113-115...

That's a discrepancy of magnitude right there..

116-112 for me..

Think though Broner is better for a flagging sport than el stinko..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 31 Jul 2013, 1:58 pm

1. Had it to Broner by 2 rounds from memory.

2. Paulie isn't el stinko just because 1 show-pony stank against him.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next