The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !!

+12
Diamond in the rough
milkyboy
BoxingMelon
AlexHuckerby
mobilemaster8
Strongback
ONETWOFOREVER
88Chris05
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
TopHat24/7
JabMachineMK2
TRUSSMAN66
16 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !! Empty Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 2:57 pm

Be surprised if this isn't made...when Manny comes through his run-of-the-mill clash.......Broner can take a good shot and is becoming a name......Manny is probably on the slide and has huge Marquee value and as such would project Broner..or give Manny a bonafide route back to the big time..

Broner won't have to go looking as he did with Stinker Paulie..

Can't see Floyd fighting Manny...........He's lost twice which takes the gloss off a win...Arum is an obstacle....and Manny will still have an inflated opinion of his worth..

So fighting the Floyd-heir appaent makes huge sense.......Sure it will happen next year !!

Think broner wins it now............and I think Broner will beat Ward to the number 1 slot when Floyd goes...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !! Empty Re: Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !!

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:06 pm

If Broner is to be the new Mayweather how does beating Manny look good on his resume if it's not good enough for Floyd? Broner would still be beating a guy who's lost twice in three, once by KO. Why would that a highlight on Broner's CV?

I do agree with him beating Ward to the #1 spot though..even though that's as much to do with the lack of credible competition for Andre (he's just a bit too good for his own good)

Back to top Go down

Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !! Empty Re: Broner vs Pacman - Is the obvious fight early next year !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:08 pm

It would look good for Broner because he's an up and coming fighter and he probably starts as an underdog.......

Mayweather beats Manny.........He beat an old Manny and he'd be 3/1 favorite anyway..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:09 pm

Broner proved against Paulie that he's not the amazing heir apparent to Mayweather as all expected - do you honestly see Mayweather looking like that against Paulie at any stage of his career?

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:11 pm

Funny, neither Khan nor Hatton had stinkers v Paulie......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:12 pm

But Paulie makes fighters look bad...........because he's a stinker..like Carlos Deleon and Ocasio..

Hearns struggled with Hayman...Hagler with Hamsho...

Curry made Starling look bad..........Honey made Curry look bad......Satrling made Honey look bad..

Styles make fights...It's a duff argument..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:13 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Funny, neither Khan nor Hatton had stinkers v Paulie......

Cotto struggled.............SO Hatton and Khan are better than Cotto..............aces Rolling Eyes 

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:15 pm

Makes sense, wont happen though

Pacquiao gets a chance to beat the new mayweather and a win could get him floyd or keep himself in the public eye, and a win for Broner gives him a platform to become a huge draw

Id pick Manny, throws too many punches and hits hard and Broner is flatfooted but has a punchers chance

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:17 pm

Broner is quicker.....so it's more than a punchers chance.........

Manny's style seems made for Broner..

Like a Starling-Honey fight..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:18 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It would look good for Broner because he's an up and coming fighter and he probably starts as an underdog.......

Mayweather beats Manny.........He beat an old Manny and he'd be 3/1 favorite anyway..
So the guy 2nd to Mayweather gets credit for beating a guy Mayweather couldn't be bothered facing as he was old and past it and wouldn't look good on his record? Strange one, that.

Thinks Manny's on the slide to such a degree that Broner would only be a slight underdog anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:19 pm

I said Broner is Mayweather's heir apparent.....Never said he was second....

That's why he needs fights like Manny.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:20 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Cotto struggled.............SO Hatton and Khan are better than Cotto..............aces  Rolling Eyes 

Nobody made that inference.

Point is your boy Broner looked nowhere near as good as he should've done against a gatekeeper opponent who both Hatton and Khan looked very good against. Khan in particular was exceptional.

You want to place all the blame for the 'stinkfest' (which it wasn't, IMO, anyway) at Paulie's door to take the heat of Broner.

Also, Cotto didn't do as well as expected, but it wasn't a stinkfest.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:21 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I said Broner is Mayweather's heir apparent.....Never said he was second....

Given Ward's unlikely to get that accolade, Broner is the only other possible candidate.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:21 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Cotto struggled.............SO Hatton and Khan are better than Cotto..............aces  Rolling Eyes 

Point is your boy Broner looked nowhere near as good as he should've done against a gatekeeper opponent who both Hatton and Khan looked very good against.  Khan in particular was exceptional.

You want to place all the blame for the 'stinkfest' (which it wasn't, IMO, anyway) at Paulie's door to take the heat of Broner.  

Hagler looked garbage against Duran and Hearns destroyed him..Brian Mitchell beat Mcdonnell easier than Azumah Nelson...SO WHAT!!

Your argument sucks...Styles make fights..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:23 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I said Broner is Mayweather's heir apparent.....Never said he was second....

Given Ward's unlikely to get that accolade, Broner is the only other possible candidate.

maybe..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:26 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

maybe..
Who else is a viable proposition?

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:28 pm

Excellent fight on paper, assuming that Manny hasn't become gun-shy in light of the knockout at Marquez's hands and hasn't aged an additional five years in the time he's had out of the ring since then - but you'd have to imagine that the difficulties of getting Top Rank and Golden Boy to work together, as well as the disputes between Showtime and HBO, will put paid to this idea.

If, somehow, a way around all of that was found, I'd make Manny the favourite but would have Broner as a very, very live underdog as things stand. Broner likes to stand in the pocket and counter, but he's not as defensively slick as he thinks he is and Manny's engine could see the younger man being outworked. Manny, likewise, is getting hit more in his past two or three fights than he was a few years back and Broner is one of the few fighters out there with comparable hand speed to him - you can't rule out Pacquiao falling foul to another punch he just doesn't see coming, particularly when he's in the middle of throwing his own flurries.

It's a fight I'd like to see, but I suspect that once we have a winner between Matthysse and Garcia, it'll be them who will be better placed to make a fight with Broner, with the winner, of course, being touted as Money May's next assignment.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:32 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Excellent fight on paper, assuming that Manny hasn't become gun-shy in light of the knockout at Marquez's hands and hasn't aged an additional five years in the time he's had out of the ring since then - but you'd have to imagine that the difficulties of getting Top Rank and Golden Boy to work together, as well as the disputes between Showtime and HBO, will put paid to this idea.

If, somehow, a way around all of that was found, I'd make Manny the favourite but would have Broner as a very, very live underdog as things stand. Broner likes to stand in the pocket and counter, but he's not as defensively slick as he thinks he is and Manny's engine could see the younger man being outworked. Manny, likewise, is getting hit more in his past two or three fights than he was a few years back and Broner is one of the few fighters out there with comparable hand speed to him - you can't rule out Pacquiao falling foul to another punch he just doesn't see coming, particularly when he's in the middle of throwing his own flurries.

It's a fight I'd like to see, but I suspect that once we have a winner between Matthysse and Garcia, it'll be them who will be better placed to make a fight with Broner, with the winner, of course, being touted as Money May's next assignment.

I think Mayweather fights Broner last in the five fight deal............Giving plenty of time for this........This is a huge payday and I expect it to happen..

Good analysis but I have a feeling Manny gets more shot everyday..

Timing is right for Adrien to explode on the scene with the filipino's scalp..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:34 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Point is your boy Broner looked nowhere near as good as he should've done against a gatekeeper opponent who both Hatton and Khan looked very good against.  Khan in particular was exceptional.

Hagler looked garbage against Duran and Hearns destroyed him..Brian Mitchell beat Mcdonnell easier than Azumah Nelson...SO WHAT!!

Khan and Hatton have totally different styles. Neither struggled with Paulie.

Your boy just ain't the hero you want him to be. Cry me a river....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:39 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Khan and Hatton have totally different styles.  Neither struggled with Paulie.

Your boy just ain't the hero you want him to be. Cry me a river....

Why bother!!!!!..They have different styles to Broner..You stupid dumbass..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:46 pm

Convenient. Broner struggles against a half decent opponent and we get to disregard it as a clash of styles.

Better ignore how much better Gamboa looked against De Leon as well then..... Rolling Eyes

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:48 pm

You're a wum....

Honey beat Blocker easy...Starling lost his title to Blocker after smashing Honey..

Broner is a counterpuncher...He would always struggle with paulie..As Starling would against Blocker types..

But hey you're so dumb it's pointless explaining it..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:50 pm

Although Manny lost to Marquez in the last fight he really showed just how dangerous he still is and he was motivated. He ruined Marquez face so badly I thought his nose was about to drop off. Had the fight continued Marquez would be ruined right now.

I can see with his style Broner scoring off Manny but I will not underestimate Manny again.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:51 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Although Manny lost to Marquez in the last fight he really showed just how dangerous he still is and he was motivated. He ruined Marquez face so badly I thought his nose was about to drop off. Had  the fight continued Marquez would be ruined right now.

I can see with his style Broner scoring off Manny but I will not underestimate Manny again.

You're right it was the first time I saw Manny getting the better of JMM...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:51 pm

No, I get your point, a bit like Floyd struggled against.......no wait, he looked accomplished against every style - because he is that good, Broner simply isn't.

Don't worry, sure he'll still sit in most top5 p4p lists for a while, so not too much for you to cry about.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:52 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:No, I get your point, a bit like Floyd struggled against.......no wait, he looked accomplished against every style - because he is that good, Broner simply isn't.

Don't worry, sure he'll still sit in most top5 p4p lists for a while, so not too much for you to cry about.

Leave it now...You're being a silly billy........Floyd-Castillo..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:54 pm

Fighting with an injury (shoulder) is a better excuse than just "oooh, I don't like his style as I struggle to look good n flash against it".

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:55 pm

The biggest fight right now is the fight everybody wanted to see 5 years ago. Manny and Floyd should just make it happen. The sooner the better.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:57 pm

It'll happen the day you and David Haye kiss n make up

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:57 pm

okay...........dear oh dear......

Tyson struggled with Tillis (6-4).......Bruno stopped him in five...Tyson's garbage!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 3:58 pm

DAVE667 wrote:It'll happen the day you and David Haye kiss n make up

I'll drink a cup of tea to that.....No sugar Dave..cuppa 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:00 pm

The major thing about Broner is his wide stance, it means that he struggles to get out of the way of punches, particularly those aimed at his body

Thus far he hasnt been made to pay as he has fought light punchers and smalleren so he blocks a lot on his arms which he cant do against proper welters

JMM did well against manny, but while Broner is younger and fasrer, he isnt as smart as Marquez and cant move like JMM can

At this point, broner reminds me more of Berto than Mayweather

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:01 pm

Broner is really sharp though and can counter a wide open Manny who he won't have to look for...

Have to factor everything in..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:02 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:okay...........dear oh dear......

Tyson struggled with Tillis (6-4).......Bruno stopped him in five...Tyson's garbage!!

Ok ok.......keep the excuses coming, whatever makes you feel better.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:03 pm

The way to beat Floyd is with a high workrate throwing tons of punches.

Not too many fighters can do this. Castillo could and he tested Floyd in both fights. Manny was a bad opponent for Mayweather because he would have forced the pace and not let Floyd settle into his modest paced rythym where he is basically untouchable.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:04 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:okay...........dear oh dear......

Ok ok.......keep the excuses coming, whatever makes you feel better.....

He struggled...so what..He won... Tyson-Tillis...... ........Leonard-Howard.........Louis-Conn

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:05 pm

Strongback wrote:The way to beat Floyd is with a high workrate throwing tons of punches. .

Geez and no one thought of that..

Manny is wide open.........Spinks, Leonard, Holmes, Camacho all picked Floyd easy......and I believe them..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:07 pm

I've seen nothing with Broner that shows me Manny won't bulldoze through him. Not yet at least. Lets consider that Pacquiao effectively beat Bradley who is a horrible defensive fighter and was beating Marquez who is a much better boxer than Broner until he walked onto a sledgehammer. Haven't seen any sledgehammers in Broners gloves for some time. I see effective boxing, but nothing that Manny can't deal with rather easily. The Maglinaggi fight ruined the hype around Broner for me.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:07 pm

Strongback wrote:The way to beat Floyd is with a high workrate throwing tons of punches.
Not too many fighters can do this. Castillo could and he tested Floyd in both fights.  Manny was a bad opponent for Mayweather because he would have forced the pace and not let Floyd settle into his modest paced rythym where he is basically untouchable.
That's what Hatton tried....how did he do again?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:08 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:I've seen nothing with Broner that shows me Manny won't bulldoze through him. Not yet at least. Lets consider that Pacquiao effectively beat Bradley who is a horrible defensive fighter and was beating Marquez who is a much better boxer than Broner until he walked onto a sledgehammer. Haven't seen any sledgehammers in Broners gloves for some time. I see effective boxing, but nothing that Manny can't deal with rather easily. The Maglinaggi fight ruined the hype around Broner for me.

Let's not forget he couldn't get Clottey out of there and that Marquez outpointed him at least twice..

Just for the record..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:09 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:The way to beat Floyd is with a high workrate throwing tons of punches.
Not too many fighters can do this. Castillo could and he tested Floyd in both fights.  Manny was a bad opponent for Mayweather because he would have forced the pace and not let Floyd settle into his modest paced rythym where he is basically untouchable.

Bet Frampton could beat Floyd..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:09 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:At this point, broner reminds me more of Berto than Mayweather

JabMachineMK2 wrote:The Maglinaggi fight ruined the hype around Broner for me.

thumbsup 

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:10 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

He came up against a ref that wouldn't let him fight that way...Whistle

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:13 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Joe Cortez beat Hatton......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:16 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Let's not forget he couldn't get Clottey out of there and that Marquez outpointed him at least twice..

Just for the record..

Marquez beat him twice, I admit. One is contentious, but the third fight was unmistakably Marquez's and a true robbery. Not being able to get Clottey out of there is hardly a stick to beat him with, the guy stood and defended constantly for 12 rounds, being a much bigger and bulkier fellow, it was always going to be a big ask, but he still absolutley dominated the man for 12 rounds. Did Broner dominate Maglinaggi? Can't compare that.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:17 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Let's not forget he couldn't get Clottey out of there and that Marquez outpointed him at least twice..

Just for the record..

Marquez beat him twice, I admit. One is contentious, but the third fight was unmistakably Marquez's and a true robbery. Not being able to get Clottey out of there is hardly a stick to beat him with, the guy stood and defended constantly for 12 rounds, being a much bigger and bulkier fellow, it was always going to be a big ask, but he still absolutley dominated the man for 12 rounds. Did Broner dominate Maglinaggi? Can't compare that.

Broner has not dominated one fight....and here is me thinking you'd know styles make fights..

Tell me JM Tyson struggled with Tillis did he not ?? and Bruno didn't

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:18 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

You can throw as many punches as you like but will Floyd be there to recieve them?

Evidence suggest NO so a fighter is left either punching air or plan B. Floyd is still quick enough to pick you off from range and quick enough to get out of his opponents range. I don't think there is a way to beat Floyd.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:21 pm

Was a tongue in cheek remark.......

Though I'd back Hearns to beat Floyd at 147 or 154.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:23 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Was a tongue in cheek remark.......

Though I'd back Hearns to beat Floyd at 147 or 154.

Who's to know with you..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:32 pm

Cool 

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next